Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
LightReaper
May 3, 2007

If we lose by 3 there will not be any tables left standing in the entire state

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Send in Percy on D to run offside and choke Wilson to death

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

lol

https://twitter.com/yardsperpass/status/795827706881593346

Qwijib0
Apr 10, 2007

Who needs on-field skills when you can dance like this?

Fun Shoe

Shangri-Law School posted:

Seahawks a dirty, dirty team as usual. When is Mt. Rainier going to erupt?

Geologists consider this mountain to be an 'episodically active' volcano, meaning one that will erupt again some time in the future

fingers crossed!

DR AIDS
Nov 4, 2008

No shits will be given

Hitlers Gay Secret posted:

:agreed:

This is why people aren't watching football like they used to. It's a loving joke.

If you don't think that was the best part of the 2016 season you are wrong and dumb.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Oh god we're getting First Take at halftime full time after Berman is gone aren't we?

Be careful what you wish for.

Mrit
Sep 26, 2007

by exmarx
Grimey Drawer
:runs into thread panting:
Am I too late for the meltdowns?!?

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747
Seattle is ref kryptonite

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

LightReaper
May 3, 2007

Herp derp you see because there was already a flag for offsides attempting to cripple a man is fiiiiine.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Mrit posted:

:runs into thread panting:
Am I too late for the meltdowns?!?

The refs already melted down like eight minutes ago.

Schwack
Jan 31, 2003

Someone needs to stop this! Sherman has lost his mind! Peyton is completely unable to defend himself out there!
who is this stupid fucker wearing sunglasses on television oh my god shut up

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Remember how good you are
Taco Defender
Man the Bills got hosed on that exchange

Shangri-Law School
Feb 19, 2013

With a Mt. Rainier eruption the bustling metropolis of Oklahoma City could finally get the NFL team it deserves.

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

And when you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss goes 8-8

Pro click zone

Edmund Sparkler
Jul 4, 2003
For twelve years, you have been asking: Who is John Galt? This is John Galt speaking. I am the man who loves his life. I am the man who does not sacrifice his love or his values. I am the man who has deprived you of victims and thus has destroyed your world, and if you wish to know why you are peris

LightReaper posted:

If we lose by 3 there will not be any tables left standing in the entire state

No anus uneaten.

DR AIDS
Nov 4, 2008

No shits will be given
Also the ref in the back calling the delay of game way, WAY after the clock hit zero is the cherry on top

Popero
Apr 17, 2001

.406/.553/.735

PRO CLICK

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

i never had a super negative opinion of sherman cause he seems like a smart dude off the field but that cheap shot sigificantly soured me

Duke Chin
Jan 11, 2002

Roger That:
MILK CRATES INBOUND

:siren::siren::siren::siren:
- FUCK THE HABS -

corn on the cop posted:

reminder to ignore all seahawks posters

only in this thread or in NHL GDT's as well? ...asking for a friend.

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Bills and Trump getting screwed will be the talk of the next few days

Weeks

Months

Years

Schwack
Jan 31, 2003

Someone needs to stop this! Sherman has lost his mind! Peyton is completely unable to defend himself out there!
Fᴏᴏᴛʙᴀʟʟ Zᴇʙʀᴀs ‏@footballzebras 52s
Not quite sure what happened with the play clock on the next play, there may have been a late sub, which would cause U to stand on the ball

:shrug:

Quest For Glory II posted:

i never had a super negative opinion of sherman cause he seems like a smart dude off the field but that cheap shot sigificantly soured me

Shots like that are pretty out of character for him. I'm surprised and disappointed.

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

Against All Tyrants

Ultra Carp

Finger Prince posted:

What the hell happened after my laptop died? A bill caught the ball in the middle of the field, and then? And then? I assume buffalo called a time out and lined up to kick a FG, then Sherman hit the kicker, and then?

Carpenter (Bills Kicker) grabs his leg, trainer runs out on the field.

Sherman flagged for offsides, but not a personal foul for hitting the kicker.

Bills charged an injury timeout and have to pull Carpenter for one play.

Bills line up and spike the ball.

Official stands over the ball until the play clock runs down to five seconds.

Bills think the play clock was reset, kick the ball about ten seconds later, make it.

Bills called for Delay of Game

Bills kick again, miss.

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Still mad at the way Dan Carpenter grabbed his knee when he wasn't even really that hurt

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

Break what must be broken, once for all, that's all, and take the suffering on oneself.

― Corey Dostoyevsky
all it took for the primetime GDT to wake up was officiating incompetence \:v:/

LightReaper
May 3, 2007

It's a shame because as people are saying, Sherman has said a lot of things off the field that make me believe he wants the league to improve, but if you're going to take the moral high ground like that don't be a loving idiot on the field.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

Qwijib0 posted:

Geologists consider this mountain to be an 'episodically active' volcano, meaning one that will erupt again some time in the future

fingers crossed!

I live in the hills, so all those valley plebs will die from lahars while I sip bourbon and tut tut.

Madcosby
Mar 4, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

ya but maybe the ref is really really fast

need to see 3

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

pasaluki posted:

I'm listening to this on the radio and I have absolutely no loving idea what is going on.

Sherman jumps offsides on kick and crashes into kicker's legs, blocking kick.

Refs call offsides, but not late hit or any other foul on the hit.

Carpenter is shaken up and Buffalo is given an injury timeout to get him off the field.

Because he was the reason for the injury timeout, he cannot be involved in the next play

There are only three second left on the clock, so the Bills decide they will just spike the ball quickly, then have Carpenter kick on the next play.

This works, they spike ball quickly, with like a second left.

But then refs stand over the ball as the playclock counts down and don't get out of the way until there are only five second left, they also don't fix the clock.

The Bills are flagged for delay of game, because of course the refs didn't do their loving job.

Ball is moved back five yards, kick missed.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Inspector 34 posted:

Not saying Sherman didn't rough the kicker, but I will say that Carpenter deserved to have to sit out a play. He stayed on the ground holding the knee the wrong knee and forced the trainer onto the field. He was absolutely lobbying for a call, which he deserved, but if he is going to pretend to be injured he's got to eat the consequences of sitting out a play.

fake edit: these refs are terrible. holy poo poo

This was my original thought too but ESPN's officiating guy said that doesn't apply if a player is injured by a foul. So by not calling roughing/late hit/whatever it still screwed them over*

*--this is assuming their officiating guy is correct, which....well can be hit or miss.

mikeraskol
May 3, 2006

Oh yeah. I was killing you.

rofl

Nibbler
Feb 13, 2007

America's Game, the way it's meant to be played.

LightReaper posted:

It's a shame because as people are saying, Sherman has said a lot of things off the field that make me believe he wants the league to improve, but if you're going to take the moral high ground like that don't be a loving idiot on the field.

Cry some more

DR AIDS
Nov 4, 2008

No shits will be given

LightReaper posted:

Seemed pretty smart to me, they got zero points.

LEGO Genetics
Oct 8, 2013

She growls as she storms the stadium
A villain mean and rough
And the cops all shake and quiver and quake
as she stabs them with her cuffs
Walt Coleman being a garbage referee YOU DONT SAY

mikeraskol
May 3, 2006

Oh yeah. I was killing you.
Can we sign that iguana hatchling for the Giant's backfield?

trash person
Apr 5, 2006

Baby Executive is pleased with your performance!
puts Bills/Seahawks game on primetime

wonders why ratings keep dropping

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

fsif posted:

Still mad at the way Dan Carpenter grabbed his knee when he wasn't even really that hurt

:agreed: that was definitely the most egregious stage of those ridiculous events leading to halftime

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Nothing is funnier than that FG sequence, but Chris Berman referring to the "electrical college" is a verrrrry close second

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet

trash person posted:

puts Bills/Seahawks game on primetime

wonders why ratings keep dropping

Still better than giving the Bears 8 primetime games this season.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

Holy poo poo this is awesome

• Locked thread