Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bryter
Nov 6, 2011

but since we are small we may-
uh, we may be the losers
In case any of you were wondering what kind of person was supporting Kasich

quote:

Despite his impressive record in his home state, it is clear to me now that Kasich never had a chance of winning his party’s presidential nomination in 2016. In a series of primary contests that will be remembered by historians for back-and-forths about the size of Donald Trump’s manhood and the use of vulgar slang words for female anatomy on the campaign trail, it was always a pleasure to see the governor of Ohio, a resolute foe of drug use, obscenity in television and music, sleazy video games, and many other nasty things, making his stand on behalf of decency and Midwestern manners.

lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

maybe walther isn't so bad after all

GNU Order
Feb 28, 2011

That's a paddlin'

I want that dude back every week my favorite part was when he didn't answer any of the actual questions and chose to frame the argument in such a skewed way that it no longer made any sense, then defeated the boys by their own logic

Btw are these crush videos on Netflix? PM me links please

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
they should have on more dudes whose philosophy of living could've been ripped out of a dystopian novel. make it a regular feature, one whacko a week. the tradcath was a hoot, the libertarian wasn't quite nutty enough though, they should find someone to come on and blabber about Hans-Hermann Hoppe.

The Crotch
Oct 16, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
Man, I've been waiting for this interview for a while, but I feel drunk just listening to the highlight reel.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

GNU Order posted:

I want that dude back every week my favorite part was when he didn't answer any of the actual questions and chose to frame the argument in such a skewed way that it no longer made any sense, then defeated the boys by their own logic

Btw are these crush videos on Netflix? PM me links please

The realization that that was happening was great.

"Wait poo poo he's doing what all these guys do and we're focusing on just one thing!"

It was like some Scooby Doo poo poo. You pull the rubber mask of 'look I personally think it's hosed up to step on a puppy's head, I may get some heat for that but it's my view' and it's old man flanders who wants to destroy netflix for having naughty words and murder abortionists after all!

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
How does the Washington Free Beacon exist? What weirdo inbred keeps it afloat?

Also I listened to that whole interview and holy smokes what a weird dude.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Right. Right. Right. And a fist can just as easily go right in the face of a two month old baby.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
I'm glad they figured out that it's funnier to just make fun of these idiots instead of inviting them on and trying to argue with them.

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

oatgan posted:

Right. Right. Right. And a fist can just as easily go right in the face of a two month old baby.

I'm a hedonistic sodomite, so I was certain he was gonna say "up an rear end", but then it got weirder

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
The funniest part of that whole thing was Will desperately trying to find common ground and consensus without even realizing he was Digglering.

:discourse:

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
The fisting thing was one of the best Chapo moments, they were so sure it was fisting and then somehow it went even crazier with 'you wouldn't punch a baby's face so why gently caress a butt????'

He sounded so smug about it too. Like, 'yea and my fist can punch a baby ergo gays are stupid' is one of his big trump cards or something? Is that his finishing move, when he says that with his other culty friends is there a roar of applause at his brilliance? Of course no one would punch a baby, and that means gays aren't real! You've done it again Creepy Preacher Villain In Every Horror Movie!

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

GalacticAcid posted:

The funniest part of that whole thing was Will desperately trying to find common ground and consensus without even realizing he was Digglering.

Love that Ron

Proust Malone
Apr 4, 2008

Famethrowa posted:

Love that Ron

Right back at ya

Sushi in Yiddish
Feb 2, 2008

https://twitter.com/billbarnwell/status/795778271409565696

Proust Malone
Apr 4, 2008

https://twitter.com/willmenaker/status/795704711009697792

Proust Malone fucked around with this message at 01:24 on Nov 8, 2016

Sandweed
Sep 7, 2006

All your friends are me.

haha that fucker is insane.

SoupyTwist
Feb 20, 2008

GalacticAcid posted:

To be fair, I think he realized that both sides having a :smug:-off would be unlistenable garbage (which was kinda correct).

The real funniest part is that you know Walther hung up going "Owned 'em"

Puppy Galaxy
Aug 1, 2004

No way I'm listening to that full interview, that dude sounds exactly like some members of my family and shares their views. Way too close to home.

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib
Holy poo poo was that crazy. Loved the whole thing.

Hulk Krogan
Mar 25, 2005

"They'll be denied absolution by their confessor." :stare:

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Hulk Krogan posted:

"They'll be denied absolution by their confessor." :stare:

it really is a weird thing. I consider myself a pretty spiritual guy, but maybe it's a culture clash thing because I can't imagine ever using 'yes but this religious authority you probably don't give power to won't forgive you' as a threat. Like, even my real orthodox friends and family would never tell me 'hey Tatum Girlparts, if you eat that bacon cheeseburger my rabbi won't forgive you'.

Like, I get the gap is in catholic poo poo the priests and all are literal speakers for God so having one deny you forgiveness means more but...that whole relationship requires everyone to agree that the priests have that power, doesn't it? If I'm there Jewing it up do I just get a perma get out of jail free card? That was something I kinda wished they'd push him more on if only because I love it when these guys just admit they're full on 'well no obviously as a Jew you wouldn't be allowed to live in America under this, duh.'

Hulk Krogan
Mar 25, 2005

Oh I thought it was creepy because it sounded to me like he meant "confessor" as in some kind of state-sanctioned Witchfinder General. I was raised Catholic but I've only heard "confessor" used to refer to a priest taking confession or the BDSM witches from those lovely Terry Goodkind books.

Also, I love how he kept smugly throwing in "Uncle Joseph" as some kind of gotcha.

Hulk Krogan fucked around with this message at 03:22 on Nov 8, 2016

Bryter
Nov 6, 2011

but since we are small we may-
uh, we may be the losers

Hulk Krogan posted:

Oh I thought it was creepy because it sounded to me like he meant "confessor" as in some kind of state-sanctioned Witchfinder General

He means confessor as in priest. Although "state-sanctioned Witchfinder Gerneral" may not be an inaccurate description of the role of the clergy in his fantasy theocracy.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
yea to his 'credit' he almost certainly meant that as in 'the priest you confess to'.

But, yea, he almost certainly also is for some kinda God Squad of priests rolling around rooting out heresy and sin and all, so you're not 100% wrong.

dog house
Sep 13, 2012

what the gently caress is up with curt schilling's profile pic?

Sushi in Yiddish
Feb 2, 2008

Dawglet posted:

it looks like a gross old wookie jaw

SoupyTwist
Feb 20, 2008

Tatum Girlparts posted:

it really is a weird thing. I consider myself a pretty spiritual guy, but maybe it's a culture clash thing because I can't imagine ever using 'yes but this religious authority you probably don't give power to won't forgive you' as a threat. Like, even my real orthodox friends and family would never tell me 'hey Tatum Girlparts, if you eat that bacon cheeseburger my rabbi won't forgive you'.

Like, I get the gap is in catholic poo poo the priests and all are literal speakers for God so having one deny you forgiveness means more but...that whole relationship requires everyone to agree that the priests have that power, doesn't it? If I'm there Jewing it up do I just get a perma get out of jail free card? That was something I kinda wished they'd push him more on if only because I love it when these guys just admit they're full on 'well no obviously as a Jew you wouldn't be allowed to live in America under this, duh.'

That's the lovely thing though, when you push them on it (like abortion) you get the interview where they try and come up with mealy-mouthed excuses like "well the mother wouldn't get punished i guess" because the whole idea is just some theoretical bullshit that will never happen so they never think about the consequences.

They should have pushed him on stuff like Falangism or how places that implemented stuff like this were shitholes.

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES

Dawglet posted:

Pretty sure those are stitches in his bloody stigmata foot. His most famous pitching moment came when he bled through his sock on the mound in a playoff game - the broadcasters ate it up and I poo poo you not the cameras focused on his bleeding foot between every pitch in a Passion of the Christ-like celebration of righteous suffering.

Anyway Lincoln Chafee, when he was governor of Rhode Island, had a public feud with Curt after Curt basically defrauded the state out of millions of dollars to make a World of Warcraft ripoff. Chafee said he thought Schilling faked the injury and put fake blood on the sock.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

SoupyTwist posted:

That's the lovely thing though, when you push them on it (like abortion) you get the interview where they try and come up with mealy-mouthed excuses like "well the mother wouldn't get punished i guess" because the whole idea is just some theoretical bullshit that will never happen so they never think about the consequences.

They should have pushed him on stuff like Falangism or how places that implemented stuff like this were shitholes.

yea which is why I agree it was good they switched to just laughing in his face and doing poo poo like getting Amber on to make him audibly uncomfortable and all. There's never gonna be a moment when these guys go 'oh, poo poo, yea you're right' and odds are good unless they're just totally dangerously unhinged they won't shout 'YES PUNISH THE WHORES FOR THEIR SEX, LOCK THEM AWAY AND THROW AWAY THE KEY' (though again him straight up saying despite being against prisons as a concept and all abortionists would be straight up executed owned). Might as well just laugh at them until they, say, do a literal Hail Mary on skype and try to save their appearance by doing some lame 'sorry I couldn't answer you I was LIGHTING A CIGARETTE like a real bad boy' move.

Or try to trick you into saying because punching babies is wrong buttsex is too.

Hulk Krogan
Mar 25, 2005

Tatum Girlparts posted:

(though again him straight up saying despite being against prisons as a concept

I cracked up at that bit because it was such an obvious dodge.

So then do you think gay people should be put in prison?
*looooong pause* Wellllll I think our prison system is problematic....

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Hulk Krogan posted:

I cracked up at that bit because it was such an obvious dodge.

So then do you think gay people should be put in prison?
*looooong pause* Wellllll I think our prison system is problematic....

hey, hey, hey, you know who liked prisons? Good Ol Uncle Joe. yea, check mate leftist, I guess you now love the prison industrial system because a communist did too.

Sushi in Yiddish
Feb 2, 2008

Tatum Girlparts posted:

hey, hey, hey, you know who liked prisons? Good Ol Uncle Joe. yea, check mate leftist, I guess you now love the prison industrial system because a communist did too.

"Again I tell you, it is easier for a fist to punch a baby than for someone who is rich to enter the kingdom of God."

also:

https://twitter.com/lowtax/status/795818560794873856

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

At least Nick Mullen now knows that he isn't the only one that fantasizes about punching babies.

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZSj84949LDI

high T *puffs cigarette*

Sushi in Yiddish
Feb 2, 2008

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yIaBnXAlcEU

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit
*lights up cigar while reading post* yeah thats some good poo poo right ere

Proust Malone
Apr 4, 2008

Famethrowa posted:

high T *puffs cigarette*

Hope it was a camel he was smoking

Thom and the Heads
Oct 27, 2010

Farscape is actually pretty cool.

jesus christ what an uncanny gently caress

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
He posts about football and drinking a lot so I don't think his rejection of modernity has been wholly successful.