Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

actually these sick sword stunts are base on norse mythology

edit: cunning claymore cantrips

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
I've always been a fan of the Black Knight Greatsword's golf swing and I'm glad it has been on at least one greatsword in every souls game.

edit: And Bloodborne, I think? I think the MLGS does it.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Yo it's been hours, where's my Iguana Racer video game already?

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

Jonas Albrecht posted:

Yo it's been hours, where's Iguana Racer already?

Who?

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

I was not fastiguana enough with my edit.

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

Iguana know what the hell you're talking about.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

If you must blink, do it now.
That Japanese Game You Like Is Anime, What You Like Is Anime.

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

I myself will carry you to the Gates of Valhalla...
You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer
God drat sotfs made it loving impossible to open the cardinal tower shortcut.

Punching stuff is dope though.

Edit: as soon as I complained on the internet, that hollow finally figured out how to throw a firebomb.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Alfalfa The Roach posted:

Evening goons

Two friends of mine have gotten together and started up a series of videos discussing a particular level within a video game, and going into detail on what that level does for any given concept like atmosphere or pacing. Their first episode was on Gradius III and how it handles game design with pacing in mind. It's a pretty cool series and I'm plugging it here to try and help them make it big, so any cursory glances at all would be appreciated

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Ggq9zLAYZ8

That was a good video! Funny that it came out now, as I just started getting into Strip Panel Naked, which is a fantastic YouTube series that does essentially the same thing for comic books.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Lizard Wizard posted:

Iguana know what the hell you're talking about.

Quest For Glory II posted:

this is like an action movie, maybe the next shelter game can be like this

https://twitter.com/RobPulseNews/status/795373872451305472/video/1

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY

Phantasium posted:

I still know what the heck anime is supposed to mean outside of literally Japanese cartoons.

"something I think is bad"

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

today's theme

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4w9pkSqYmrU

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax

Raserys posted:

"something I think is bad"

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY
let me rephrase: when goons say anime, it can mean almost anything

it can be used in both a positive sense (it was as anime as gently caress :allears:) or a negative sense (it's just too anime for me :gonk:) and only rarely describes a japanese cartoon

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

The only people who don't know what is meant by something being described as "anime" are posters on these forums.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
What is A nime? A miserable pile of himitsu!

[translator's note: himitsu means secret.]

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eOIDOxryUao

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Buca di Bepis posted:

How do I get it to block the bad anime and leave Metal Gear alone

no problem, there won't be any more good Metal Gear on Steam

Phantasium posted:

I still know what the heck anime is supposed to mean outside of literally Japanese cartoons.
I'm sure there are some literally Japanese cartoons that people don't consider anime

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax
http://www.gamezone.com/news/microsoft-is-refunding-call-of-duty-infinite-warfare-pc-players-because-no-one-is-playing-it-3445203

:owned:

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

:roflolmao:

goddamnit thanks Microsoft, this is just the comedy we need, tonight especially

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY

Lurdiak posted:

The only people who don't know what is meant by something being described as "anime" are posters on these forums.

Here's what anime is: good

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

So what's all yall's favorite PC game right now for playing while paying half attention to it, half attention to Youtube or w/e

KSP while listening to Youtube stuff for me right now

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Currently it's Enter the Gungeon for me, usually it's surfing in CSGO or TF2. Dark Souls 1 used to be my go-to but after 1500 hours in that game I am finally kinda done with it. The console version would be Bloodborne.

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

Ciaphas posted:

So what's all yall's favorite PC game right now for playing while paying half attention to it, half attention to Youtube or w/e

Dungeonmans or Caves of Qud up until I run into a tricky situation. I usually play 'em while listening to podcasts, so I pause the podcast and untangle the puzzle (usually solved by running from tough monsters very fast) then get back to listening.

Leper Residue
Sep 28, 2003

To where no dog has gone before.

Ciaphas posted:

I've been playing PoE and Grim Dawn while listening to The Dollop and Hello from the magic tavern. Arpg seem great for just mindless poo poo.

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
I had a crazy, classic life
Exciting Lemon

CJacobs posted:

What is A nime? A miserable pile of himitsu!

[translator's note: himitsu means secret.]

This post would perfectly illustrates the soul of anime if it was spoken by a little girl to her older brother who is Captain America.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

The only strictly bad anime I can think of are those anime girl avatars Internet shitheads on Twitter and YouTube and the like have for whatever reason.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Hopefully they will convert to Titanfall 2, a Good Game.

Which will probably die too because EA is dumb and also gamers don't like good things :(.

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
I had a crazy, classic life
Exciting Lemon

chumbler posted:

Which will probably die too because EA is dumb and also gamers don't like good things :(.

I've done my part and am playing Titanfall 2 with goons on PS4. It's quite fun.

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

This inkling is your FRIEND
She fights for LOVE

chumbler posted:

Yeah, Titanfall 2 seems to have fallen victim of being released at a time when all sort of big name releases are happening left and right, getting crushed beneath giants. Some of which were released by the same publisher. Well done, EA.

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

FirstAidKite posted:

Haha, good ol fan translations

These characters sure are likable!

In other news I ordered the PS4Pro/ProS4/PS4P/Professional4 so now I just have to decide what games to get first. BB will probably be first despite it taking no advantage of the Pro stuff.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Rexroom posted:

Yeah, Titanfall 2 seems to have fallen victim of being released at a time when all sort of big name releases are happening left and right, getting crushed beneath giants. Some of which were released by the same publisher. Well done, EA.

It really is amazing they didn't delay it to early next year or literally any other release date.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Lurdiak posted:

No, I can recognize racism. :getin:

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

Lurdiak posted:

metal gear is anime calm down

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

I like when Otacon (otaku convention) calls it Japanimation

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
I have played anime games and I have enjoyed them. I have played anime games and I have not enjoyed them.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

There are no good first person shooters that have come out this fall. :/

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

https://twitter.com/FioraAeterna/status/795909916879794176

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

I said come in! posted:

Pokemon is honestly not at all fun to play and I don't understand the appeal of this series. The gameplay is a gigantic slog to get through and the mechanics are unintuitive and boring.

I said come in! posted:

There are no good first person shooters that have come out this fall. :/

the bad wrong post gimmick takes a lot of commitment and dedication.... hats off

• Locked thread