Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

boy are my arms tired
May 10, 2012

Ham Wrangler

Reik posted:

2017 VGC Trick Room Champion

please no, trickroom should be dead and buried

but with all these slow pokemon, welp

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:

Dehry posted:

You don't even get past name entry before Lillie is shown running from the science team.

So the blonde people are all ub masquerading as people?

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

A vase to face encounter.

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

Speaking of the trainer list, do the names Ryuki and Molayne mean anything to people who haven't skipped games or are there just two randoms with impressive teams only a few levels short of Red and Blue?

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

Zore posted:

Seriously though, 5 pokemon with 100 speed or higher

Comfey
Lycanroc
Marshadow
Salandit Evo
Tapu Koko

You forgot Ribombee.

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.
Welcome to the Aslowla region.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Dehry posted:

Your Mom actually has a room in the Sun/Moon house! One pillow on the bed though :smith:

shes a strong independent woman and doesn't need a man, and im happy for her

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

waiting for the big pastebin with all the stat changes to old pokemon. no stats known for alolan pokemon forms yet either which makes me wonder

LAY-ZX
Nov 10, 2009

Yeah, given that I haven't seen mention if it yet, am I to assume Alolan formes don't come with stat changes?

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
also, lol that the cat starter gets slower when it fully evolves

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

LAY-ZX posted:

Yeah, given that I haven't seen mention if it yet, am I to assume Alolan formes don't come with stat changes?

False, it was confirmed when they were first introduced that they will have different stats from their Kanto forms.

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

Shhh... don't wake up the sleeping lion :3:

LAY-ZX posted:

Alolan Sandslash's description mentions it being tougher and slower than normal Sandslash iirc.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

less laughter posted:

You forgot Ribombee.

Yeah, true.

This gen is absurdly slow though.

Like, almost the entirety of the 'slowest 50 pokemon' list will be Gen VII dudes.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
Does the two rockdogs have different stats?

boy are my arms tired
May 10, 2012

Ham Wrangler

mabels big day posted:

waiting for the big pastebin with all the stat changes to old pokemon. no stats known for alolan pokemon forms yet either which makes me wonder

it would be cool if they adjusted the speed of literally everything tbh

LAY-ZX
Nov 10, 2009

mandatory lesbian posted:

also, lol that the cat starter gets slower when it fully evolves

Looking at the BST list, a LOT of things slow down when they evolve

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

Tired Moritz posted:

Does the two rockdogs have different stats?

Doesn't look like it. Just different abilities and, possibly, different moves.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

lower base speeds on everything would be a nerf to choice scarf/agility and i guess shake up trick room ??

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
That's good, I want my speedy nightwolf.

Whoreson Welles
Mar 4, 2015

ON TO THE NEXT PAGE!

Electric Phantasm posted:

Also haven't listened to it yet, but apparently this Guzma's battle theme.

https://m.soundcloud.com/user-769673154/bgm-nj-vs-scullbossdspadpcm/s-AcF7Q

I'm going to draw out that battle as long as possible.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

boy are my arms tired posted:

it would be cool if they adjusted the speed of literally everything tbh

I would like this a lot.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
Pyukumyu now officially has the slowest speed stat, with 5, narrowly edging out Munchlax who had 10.

:psyduck:

Also, this dump doesn't have Forme stats so shields down Minior/Lycanroc-M may have different stats.

boy are my arms tired
May 10, 2012

Ham Wrangler

oddium posted:

lower base speeds on everything would be a nerf to choice scarf/agility and i guess shake up trick room ??

mabels big day posted:

I would like this a lot.

yeah, on the other hand, you'd have to relearn speed matchups......................

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
I'm getting the feeling there's going to be a running joke that the Pokemom will never unpack the moving boxes. I also encountered a "My body is ready"

QuasiQuack
Jun 13, 2010

Ducks hockey baybee
Everything is slow in alola because they learn to chill out and enjoy life as they mature. All fast pokemon are very immature

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Wimpods evo is slow as hell too but its very bulky and strong, and also my friend.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010

mabels big day posted:

Wimpods evo is slow as hell too but its very bulky and strong, and also my friend.

Yeah, I'm just sad because it has a great stat spread while the other cool looking water/bug... doesn't.

132 Sp. Def with mediocre everything else is just weird.

68/70/92/50/132/42

Seriously, what even is this stat spread?

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY
What is marshadow's typing

Zore
Sep 21, 2010

Raserys posted:

What is marshadow's typing

Hasn't been revealed yet.

Has a good stat spread though.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
to the left aw aw, to the right aw aw.

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll
Midnight Lycanroc has No Guard as its HA.

LAY-ZX
Nov 10, 2009

By the way can we talk about Pyukumuku????

#771 (Pyukumuku): 55/60/130/30/130/5

What is this. I mean it's no Luvdisc, but, what. What is this. Why is this? It's as slow as Shuckle but with half the defenses and still not enough Attack to actually do anything. Why did they think this thing needed to be? :psyduck:

Bakalakadaka
Sep 18, 2004

LAY-ZX posted:

By the way can we talk about Pyukumuku????

#771 (Pyukumuku): 55/60/130/30/130/5

What is this. I mean it's no Luvdisc, but, what. What is this. Why is this? It's as slow as Shuckle but with half the defenses and still not enough Attack to actually do anything. Why did they think this thing needed to be? :psyduck:

Allahu Akbar

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

I can't believe they went with Dhelmise for the anchor instead of Anchorporeal. And don't get me started on Grass/Ghost...

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
Pukemon is literally a walking bomb though? Remember its ability? Luckily it doesn't have that much health to be honest.

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

RIP Lutri: 5/19/20-4/2/20
:blizz::gamefreak:

less laughter posted:

Midnight Lycanroc has No Guard as its HA.

Jesus Christ the maniacs

e: does it learn focus blast too?

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
There's also apparently a new status move; Speed Swap, trades speed with the target. Which could be interesting considering how many slow bulky dudes we got.

Everything this gen can take some hits.

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll
Dhelmise has a new unique ability called Steelworker which powers up Steel-type attacks.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010

less laughter posted:

Dhelmise has a new unique ability called Steelworker which powers up Steel-type attacks.

So they wanted to make a Ghost/Steel but didn't want to commit to the defensive typing?

LAY-ZX
Nov 10, 2009

Tired Moritz posted:

Pukemon is literally a walking bomb though? Remember its ability? Luckily it doesn't have that much health to be honest.

Its introduction video showed that ability doing approximately nothing for damage.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

Is there a chance they're doing a total rebalance on all Pokémon for gen VII? So these dudes look slow compared to gen VI and down but that's because we don't have their info yet?

Or is everything in gen vii a beautifully designed garbage rear end in a top hat monster