Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

monster on a stick
Apr 29, 2013

VolticSurge posted:

On the voice pack front,I can use some assistance. I've got this one female soldier who's spunky, energetic and has a love of blowing poo poo up. I haven't been able to find any voice packs that meet that criteria yet.

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=653173212

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖

Emong posted:

:saddowns:

It'd be better if anyone ever gave me actual feedback on it.
For what it's worth, I love the pugilist class unabashedly, and my SPARK pugilist is, by a wide margin, my favorite soldier. I field him every chance I get.

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.
Man, the mod selection for this game is insane. Is there a good guide for conflict detection out there at all? Or am I pretty much good to just subscribe to a few hundred mods and go to town?

VolticSurge
Jul 23, 2013

Just your friendly neighborhood photobomb raptor.

Yeah,that's the ticket. Many thanks!

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

Emong posted:

:saddowns:

It'd be better if anyone ever gave me actual feedback on it.

Don't get me wrong, I absolutely love the class. Its just so goddamn squishy and there are a few tiers with "yeah that sure is a new punch" :effort:

I think just adding a bit more utility and defensive perks would be good. It always wants to be on the front lines and it just gets shredded so quickly. I think things like Untouchable, or a guard mode that gives heavy cover def etc would be good and help it work better.

fritz
Jul 26, 2003

Gyshall posted:

Man, the mod selection for this game is insane. Is there a good guide for conflict detection out there at all? Or am I pretty much good to just subscribe to a few hundred mods and go to town?

The "alternative mod launcher" does some checks for conflicts.

Emong
May 31, 2011

perpair to be annihilated

Zore posted:

Don't get me wrong, I absolutely love the class. Its just so goddamn squishy and there are a few tiers with "yeah that sure is a new punch" :effort:

I think just adding a bit more utility and defensive perks would be good. It always wants to be on the front lines and it just gets shredded so quickly. I think things like Untouchable, or a guard mode that gives heavy cover def etc would be good and help it work better.

Yeah, that's definitely a concern I had while making it, but I couldn't come up with anything really on theme. At a minimum the Implacable/Untouchable should probably come before the second to last promotion.

I might look at it again over the weekend, and maybe I'll finally finish that hacking Spark class I have half-done if I can finally figure out why it makes XCOM2 hang if it kills the first form of an Andromedan with its second shot at that Andromedan.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hthzrzcb1NE

Well, I'm not sure this explains the load times entirely, but it does explain some of them. Stop modeling things the camera won't usually see, Jake.

Nordick
Sep 3, 2011

Yes.

VolticSurge posted:

On the voice pack front,I can use some assistance. I've got this one female soldier who's spunky, energetic and has a love of blowing poo poo up. I haven't been able to find any voice packs that meet that criteria yet.
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=628321798 :v:

But seriously speaking, yeah the Saints Row boss voice packs are pretty good, as is Galw1n's other stuff.

And if you ever wanna go hogwild, see this collection: http://steamcommunity.com/workshop/filedetails/?id=659591509
The guy has good preview videos for the packs, and even the funny ones are really well made. I'm getting tons of mileage out of the Bandit Psycho and Handsome Jack from Borderlands, and General Sarrano from Bulletstorm is also loving amazing. I mean some people make silly novelty voice packs like a loving Bob Ross one (yes, really) and that's well and good, but I feel like even WTR's more comical packs are mostly a step up from that regarding how well they fit in game. And he has a ton of more sober ones too with plenty of variation. I like the Dirty Bomb character voices, they all have a distinct character to them and some funny quirks, but they still fit XCOM pretty perfectly. The guy has gone to great lengths to put in as many lines as possible to have enough variation, and has enough filler lines like just "Yep" or "Roger" so that not every line is some mad quip or sweet one-liner.

Sorry for the ramble, I've just way more excited about the whole voice pack thing than I thought I'd be. I guess I didn't expect the selection to be this good.
It sure also helps that I'm not too fussy about ~*my immersion*~ anymore. :v:

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum

Kwyndig posted:

Well, I'm not sure this explains the load times entirely, but it does explain some of them. Stop modeling things the camera won't usually see, Jake.

only one bathroom on the Enterprise

monster on a stick
Apr 29, 2013

Nordick posted:

But seriously speaking, yeah the Saints Row boss voice packs are pretty good, as is Galw1n's other stuff.

And if you ever wanna go hogwild, see this collection: http://steamcommunity.com/workshop/filedetails/?id=659591509
The guy has good preview videos for the packs, and even the funny ones are really well made. I'm getting tons of mileage out of the Bandit Psycho and Handsome Jack from Borderlands, and General Sarrano from Bulletstorm is also loving amazing. I mean some people make silly novelty voice packs like a loving Bob Ross one (yes, really) and that's well and good, but I feel like even WTR's more comical packs are mostly a step up from that regarding how well they fit in game. And he has a ton of more sober ones too with plenty of variation. I like the Dirty Bomb character voices, they all have a distinct character to them and some funny quirks, but they still fit XCOM pretty perfectly. The guy has gone to great lengths to put in as many lines as possible to have enough variation, and has enough filler lines like just "Yep" or "Roger" so that not every line is some mad quip or sweet one-liner.

Sorry for the ramble, I've just way more excited about the whole voice pack thing than I thought I'd be. I guess I didn't expect the selection to be this good.

The Max Payne voicepack is pretty good too; he says ""I had a hole in my second favorite drinking arm!" whenever he gets shot :allears:

Exposure
Apr 4, 2014
IIRC the Long War team was waiting on the highlander + bink usage fix from this patch for their final mod, so I would expect it to come out in the next few weeks, if not this one.

Bholder
Feb 26, 2013

Oh yeah, are the mods broken again after this patch?

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Tactical co-op needs to work for timer missions already, that sounds fun as hell.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

Bholder posted:

A lot are.

Exposure
Apr 4, 2014

Bholder posted:

If it messes with UI elements, probably yeah (basically the patch changed a lot of the UI scripts to accommodate controller supporter and I know the co-op mod was broken by it.)

LW Toolbox for example is also broken and will crash the game if you try opening the options menu, and will probably be updated to fix it when they get around to releasing their final mod.

VolticSurge
Jul 23, 2013

Nordick posted:

Alright,thanks for the recs. I am a tad disappointed by the lack of a Jeremy Clarkson orSly Marbo Voicepack,but I am in love with the Freeman's Mind,McCree and Junkrat (from Overwatch) packs. Especially because they piss off the X-TREEM REALISM crowd. Like this one jackass named NightmareSometingorother who kept making GBS threads on mods that "ruined" the game-either cosmetic mods like Capmbubs,or silly voicepacks. Because a game with snaketits,alien clones with Goku hair,and Bradford's sweater is the edgiest game ever,apparently. Guy acts like he's the end-all-be-all Xcom fan and only the mods his idiot rear end likes (like all of those TACTICOOL MILITARY CAMOS) are good. Sorry about the tangent,people like him drive me nuts.

RBA Starblade posted:

Moonbase Alpha is the best voicepack.

Truer words have never been spoken.

VolticSurge fucked around with this message at 21:34 on Nov 8, 2016

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Moonbase Alpha is the best voicepack.

Captain Gordon
Jul 22, 2004

:10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux:

RBA Starblade posted:

Tactical co-op needs to work for timer missions already, that sounds fun as hell.

You can use the timer adjustment mod. Simply double the timer (since it ticks once for you and your coop partner's turns) and you are good to go.

Foulbrood
May 17, 2004

This is it, Jonesy!

Kwyndig posted:

I never get soldiers hanging out in the crew quarters or drinking in the bar unless someone's died. Is my game bugged? Is it tied to how many recruits you have? :saddowns:

BlazetheInferno
Jun 6, 2015
I dunno, but I did this to make mine always have people:

http://steamcommunity.com/app/268500/discussions/0/412449508276872286/

Wifi Toilet
Oct 1, 2004

Toilet Rascal
Anyone using a better advent 2.0 noticing any weird issues? I just started a new campaign today with it and have only done 2 missions so far, but a couple times now I've targeted one advent, but a completely different target gets hit. Could be related to the controller patch too I guess, very frustrating...

Nordick
Sep 3, 2011

Yes.

Bagarthach posted:

Anyone using a better advent 2.0 noticing any weird issues? I just started a new campaign today with it and have only done 2 missions so far, but a couple times now I've targeted one advent, but a completely different target gets hit. Could be related to the controller patch too I guess, very frustrating...
Yeah I've been having the same issue. I noticed that if you do the targeting by clicking on the enemy head icon in the bottom of the screen (hovering over them will show which icon is is which dude), it'll target the right one. It will look like it's targeting another enemy, but when you confirm the attack it'll target the one whose icon you clicked.
I've also had some other glitchiness, namely the "make stuff available" buttons in the squad select screen and picking new perks on level up have been wonky. I've just assumed it's been the patch screwing with mods.

I just shut down the game to check and Steam downloaded a bunch of Workshop content, so maybe some of the poo poo's fixed by now.

EDIT: Nope, still hosed.

Nordick fucked around with this message at 03:43 on Nov 9, 2016

Exposure
Apr 4, 2014
Targeting bug fix is out.

I believe it to be an issue with how controller support was implemented in the UI, so I'm not sure when that'll get an official fix since that was effectively outsourced to a different company.

TheTrend
Feb 4, 2005
I have a descriminating toe

So I saw that Xcom 2 got controller support so I reinstalled and fired up my last save. Finished a mission, when I went to promote a soldier I pressed left on the gamepad and the game hard crashed, and had to close the game. Next the game would load, and would put me into the last turn of the last map I played and would crash everytime. Now the game just doesn't even work. I've reinstalled on steam, verified, deleted, reinstalled verified. When I start the game on steam I get a "running" sign for about 3 or 4 seconds then it just disappears. Any ideas?

Nordick
Sep 3, 2011

Yes.

Exposure posted:

Targeting bug fix is out.

I believe it to be an issue with how controller support was implemented in the UI, so I'm not sure when that'll get an official fix since that was effectively outsourced to a different company.

Just a heads-up that this fix has now been implemented into Long War Perk Pack. I dunno if the bug was related to LWPP or even occurred in a vanilla game, but at least if you have LWPP you won't need the standalone fix anymore, supposedly.

EDIT: Nevermind, I was wrong, there are apparently two separate bugs.

Nordick fucked around with this message at 20:56 on Nov 12, 2016

swampcow
Jul 4, 2011

Does anyonr play multiplayer? My squad of andromedon, 3 vipers, a MEC, and shieldbearer are awesome.

Tzarnal
Dec 26, 2011

Nordick posted:

Just a heads-up that this fix has now been implemented into Long War Perk Pack. I dunno if the bug was related to LWPP or even occurred in a vanilla game, but at least if you have LWPP you won't need the standalone fix anymore, supposedly.

There was two problems for LWPP users. The Controller Patch to the base game introduced a tageting bug, this is fixed by the addon above. The update for the Perk Pack introduced a second targeting bug, this one has been fixed in the LWPP.

In short you still need the Targeting Bug Fix if you are using the LWPP.

Nordick
Sep 3, 2011

Yes.
Huh. The change note for LWPP talks about a "targeting wrong units issue" which sounds like the problem I was having. I just assumed that was the targeting bug, I wasn't aware there was another one.

pun pundit
Nov 11, 2008

I feel the same way about the company bearing the same name.

TheTrend posted:

So I saw that Xcom 2 got controller support so I reinstalled and fired up my last save. Finished a mission, when I went to promote a soldier I pressed left on the gamepad and the game hard crashed, and had to close the game. Next the game would load, and would put me into the last turn of the last map I played and would crash everytime. Now the game just doesn't even work. I've reinstalled on steam, verified, deleted, reinstalled verified. When I start the game on steam I get a "running" sign for about 3 or 4 seconds then it just disappears. Any ideas?

Have you also restarted your computer?

E: also, from the stream thread: If that doesn’t work, or if it’s a client issue, shut down Steam, go to the Steam folder, and delete/rename ClientRegistry.blob, then start Steam up again.

pun pundit fucked around with this message at 10:28 on Nov 13, 2016

VolticSurge
Jul 23, 2013

I think I've just found the best mod.

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010
XCOM 2012 Long War question: I can build a Genetics Lab, but not a MEC one. I'm on an outdated version, but what do you need to do to make the MEC lab?

Secondly, isn't EXALT supposed to drop weapons as loot?

dyzzy
Dec 22, 2009

argh
Research Alien Biocybernetics to get the first line of mec suits, you chop up dudes in the repair bay iirc.

Also EXALT don't drop their ballistic weapons in LW, and you have to stun then for their laser weaponry.

Brunom1
Sep 5, 2011

Ask me about being the best dad ever.
Finally getting around to playing this. Had to go with the PS4 version since my PC is made out of cardboard and hope.

Played a bunch of Enemy Within but, from what I've heard, this one switched a lot around. Anyone got some basic tips I should know of before going in (or know a link with that)? Like what I should prioritize and whatnot?

Nordick
Sep 3, 2011

Yes.

Brunom1 posted:

Finally getting around to playing this. Had to go with the PS4 version since my PC is made out of cardboard and hope.

Played a bunch of Enemy Within but, from what I've heard, this one switched a lot around. Anyone got some basic tips I should know of before going in (or know a link with that)? Like what I should prioritize and whatnot?

- Quickly making contact with a few sectors is equivalent to the previous game's satellite rushing, so a good idea to do to secure some solid funding.

- You want an engineer ASAP, preferably a few. Any missions or scan sites in the early game that give one as a reward, prioritize them over anything else. They're needed to build poo poo on the Avenger, and to clear the rooms which will give you nice lump sums of supplies.

- Don't worry about adjacency bonuses for buildings, they're not a thing except for the workshop, which you'll want to stick in the middle. Buildings have slots where you can stick engineers to make the building more effective, and sticking one in the workshop gives you two drones you can stick into adjacent buildings' slots. And the workshop has two slots, so you can basically make two engineers into four engineers.

- Don't bother with laboratories.

- Use more explosives.

- No, MORE.

- That said, flashbangs are great too. If you flashbang a sectoid it'll cancel their active psi powers.

- Don't try to ghost missions. The concealment phase is just there to let you advance more quickly for the first turns and to get the drop on the first enemy group you come across.

- The Avatar progress bar looks scarier than it is. Even if it fills up you'll still have like two or three weeks until it's game over.

Nordick fucked around with this message at 16:41 on Nov 14, 2016

Brunom1
Sep 5, 2011

Ask me about being the best dad ever.
Oh, labs aren't worth it anymore? Good to know. I would've certainly tried building a couple of them!

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!
You can only build one lab but yeah it's hard to justify even the one

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames
By the time you have enough money to buy a lab over more pressing matters, you won't have enough things left to research for the boost to matter. I usually build my base like this

Guerilla Tac -- Energy -- AWC
Skunkworks -- Workshop -- Resistance Comm
Whatever -- Resistance Comm -- Whatever
And then as your needs demand for the last row.

(I know Skunkworks isn't the right term but i can't remember it. The building that gives you Foundry-style upgrades.) With the Shadow Chamber and Psi Lab taking the Shielded Power Coil spots, if possible, as they chew up the most energy, but require none when built over SPCs.

wyoak
Feb 14, 2005

a glass case of emotion

Fallen Rib
I reinstalled this to mess around with some mods, and it was all going well until the first blacksite mission. Any time I take the vial or whatever I'm there to grab is, I can't end my turn. I tried going back as far as my autosaves (I think three turns), always get stuck on the same turn, unable to proceed. Anyone ever run into that?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nordick
Sep 3, 2011

Yes.
Haven't experienced actually getting stuck between turns, no. I've had a few instances of turns not ending automatically when all my soldiers have acted, but I've been able to end the turn manually.