Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

boy are my arms tired
May 10, 2012

Ham Wrangler

Zore posted:

A lot more after crits got nerfed in Gen VI. Its only a 1.5x boost, so basically like wearing a choice band.

good point

i guess my ideal toxapex build based off that would be: Merciless w/ Poison Jab, Liquidation (85 base phys water move, can lower def), Toxic, Protect?

e: drat it gets recover and regenerator

drat

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

willing to settle
Apr 13, 2011
Ha, shame to see that even though Wimpod's evo has nice stats, it still has basically the same utterly awful ability. Looks like rather being a wussy pokemon that toughened up, it's a wussy pokemon that now LOOKS tough, but it's kind of a facade.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things
Tsareena has a ridiculously good movepool too btw. Play Rough, HJK, Acrobatics, U-Turn...

willing to settle posted:

Ha, shame to see that even though Wimpod's evo has nice stats, it still has basically the same utterly awful ability. Looks like rather being a wussy pokemon that toughened up, it's a wussy pokemon that now LOOKS tough, but it's kind of a facade.

Its a bit of a mixed blessing I think. If you can choose who it replaces itself with, a free switch could be useful in some circumstances. :shrug:

boy are my arms tired
May 10, 2012

Ham Wrangler

oddium posted:

gonna rule to see people trying to set up toxic spikes/skill swap/baton pass stuff for a week before giving up

i am legit sad that spike play/batonpass will never see light of day past launch month

i love spikes and baton pass

Blooming Brilliant
Jul 12, 2010

Dang Ultra Beasts looking nasty. Beast Boost gives a raise to your most proficient stat whenever it knocks out a pokemon, that's going to be nasty.

Also Necrozma, the last one looks like it's going to be the special snowflake of the bunch with a unique ability and move. Prism Armour reduces the effectiveness of super effective attacks taken and it gets a Psychic version of Hyper Beam.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

tsareena is the best monster of gen vii

Cicadas!
Oct 27, 2010

boy are my arms tired posted:

does any other 'mon get Merciless as an ability? seems really strong w/ toxic but, uh, the one dude i've seen it on (mareanie, the sea urchin lookin thing) has poo poo offensive stats

Looking through some of the other pokemon, I could see a poison orb-holding, anger point having, facade using Crabominable being a potentially fun surprise on a trick-room doubles team with one of those urchins.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things
Full Pokedex in Pastebin form

https://paste.ee/r/zYMUr

Gives new Alolan form stats. Confirms Geodude line is Rock/Electric

Marowack-A has the same stats as normal Marowack, keeps Rock Head as HA. Has Flare Blitz.

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Searchable story text.

https://projectpokemon.org/research/sunmoon/storytext.txt

https://projectpokemon.org/research/sunmoon/gametext.txt

LAY-ZX
Nov 10, 2009

i meant toxapex, its evo, but still

tho how much atk power do you actually need if you're criticaling all the time, hmm

Venoshock is 65 BP x 2 for poisoned target x 1.5 for STAB x 1.5 for the guaranteed crit and by the time you're belting out 290 BP venoshocks you don't actually need an attack stat at all tbh

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
Lol, Dragon Exeggutor loses 10 pts speed and gains 10 pts Attack.

Thats it. HA is harvest.

Also lots of new Hammer moves. Dragon Hammer, Ice Hammer...

Vulpix and Ninetales have a new HA, Snowball. Looks like really similar stats.

Alolan Raticate loses 15 pts in Attack for defense buff. HA is Thick Fat.

Zore fucked around with this message at 17:17 on Nov 8, 2016

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll
Ultra Beast names and typings:

UB-01 - Nihilego - Rock/Poison
UB-02 Absorption - Buzzwole - Bug/Fighting
UB-02 Beauty - Pheromosa - Bug/Fighting
Xurkitree - Electric
Celesteele - Steel/Flying
Kartana - Grass/Steel
Guzzlord - Dark/Dragon
Necrozma - Psychic

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl
Wait. How the gently caress is a god drat horse have 35 speed. It's a horse! They are the original mode of transport!

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Strength Sap: The user restores HP equal to the target's Attack stat. It also lowers the target's Attack stat. Unfortunately only Morelull and its evo learn it. Sorry Parasect. :(

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
SandSlash-A loses 20 Pts SP. Attack for +10 to both defenses. Same speed as regular Sandslash, gets Slush Rush as HA.

Persian-A basically switches Attack and Sp. Attack 65/60/60/75/65/115, HA is rattled?

Also, Golem is Rock/Electric. Same Stat spread, new ability Galvanize as HA.

Zore fucked around with this message at 17:22 on Nov 8, 2016

Blooming Brilliant
Jul 12, 2010

Marshadow's signature move steals the opponent's stat boosts then just hits them :stare:

boy are my arms tired
May 10, 2012

Ham Wrangler

LAY-ZX posted:

Venoshock is 65 BP x 2 for poisoned target x 1.5 for STAB x 1.5 for the guaranteed crit and by the time you're belting out 290 BP venoshocks you don't actually need an attack stat at all tbh

owns

i'm trying to come up with salazzle builds now, i think his only real role is a speedy toxic/special sweep based on his stats and move pool

flamethrower, sludge bomb/venoshock, toxic, ???? i guess protect for doubles but idk it feels anemic

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream
A bit late but the rail gun bug is slow as poo poo because it takes a long time to charge death cannons.

LAY-ZX
Nov 10, 2009

Zore posted:

Full Pokedex in Pastebin form

https://paste.ee/r/zYMUr

Gives new Alolan form stats. Confirms Geodude line is Rock/Electric

Marowack-A has the same stats as normal Marowack, keeps Rock Head as HA. Has Flare Blitz.

Why do some of them have an exclamation point by their name? Also, I am thoroughly baffled that they made Marowak a fire dancer and then didn't give it Fiery Dance. I know it's a special attack and it'd be useless but it should still HAVE it.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
Muk-A has same stats, HA is Power of Alchemy??

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

i'm trying to come up with salazzle builds now, i think his only real role is a speedy toxic/special sweep based on his stats and move pool

Her, it's 100% female

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
of course it's 100% female with its creepy-rear end description

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl
Er, wait. I thought Passimian and Oranguru were supposed to be sun and moon respectively, but the dump lists them as the opposite?

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
Mimikyu gets Wood Hammer as a level 1 move lol.

Also seems to have 3 identical formes? With literally the only difference being weight?

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll
Alola Golem's HA is an Electric-type version of Aerilate.

boy are my arms tired
May 10, 2012

Ham Wrangler

less laughter posted:

Her, it's 100% female

okay, her

i am mega sad that turtonator only gets shell armor, oh well. shell trap is base 150 power :popeye:

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Holy poo poo huge spoiler again not sure what the context is though.

Masked Wrestler Kukui.
http://i.4cdn.org/vp/1478621485731.png

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

removed

Nephzinho fucked around with this message at 17:33 on Nov 8, 2016

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

Zore posted:

Glad Edward's Mom got in the game.

LAY-ZX
Nov 10, 2009

less laughter posted:

Her, it's 100% female

Oh poo poo, and Salandits are only 12.5% female, it's another drat Combee

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll
Alola Dugtrio has a new unique ability called Tangling Hair that lowers the opponent's speed when it makes contact with Dugtrio. I hope Tangrowth gets that as well!

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
Shields Down Minior gets 100/100/120 Attack/Sp. Attack/Speed

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
can we talk about the most important thing? where's my clothing leak??

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

Electric Phantasm posted:

Masked Wrestler Kukui.

I got spoiled looking at the items list. This is the best pokemon game.

Ironically, I think this means that Deicidueye would be your "canon" starter for things to be the most fitting.

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

RIP Lutri: 5/19/20-4/2/20
:blizz::gamefreak:

LAY-ZX posted:

Oh poo poo, and Salandits are only 12.5% female, it's another drat Combee

Yeah I'm not super stoked about that, I was looking forward to using awesome SPATK focused poison-fire lizard.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
Oh my god, Wimpod is the new Magikarp. Evolves at level 30 only knows Struggle Bug and Sand Attack.

Can learn a few TMs/HMs tho.

The Golden Gael
Nov 12, 2011

Oricorio has a lovely movepool. Like, super lame.

boy are my arms tired
May 10, 2012

Ham Wrangler
dang yall weren't kidding, mimikyu is pretty decent statwise

drampa is probably gonna see some play, average def but berserk is p good. or i guess cloud nine if people decide they aren't tired of weather teams yet

e: holy poo poo dhelmise owns

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

Zore posted:

Only useful in Doubles; it copies the ability of a fainted ally.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blooming Brilliant
Jul 12, 2010

Electric Phantasm posted:

Masked Wrestler Kukui.

That's our league champion alright!