Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
unpronounceable
Apr 4, 2010

You mean we still have another game to go through?!
Fallen Rib

gibbed posted:

Looks like a new sale started.

I'm interested in Broken Age, but that's about it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

I was messing with my PSN accounts last night and just found out that apparently I have :10bux: on the account I never use anymore. Is there a way for me to transfer that (or buy something and gift it) to my current account or is that just money lost?

saltylopez
Mar 30, 2010

morallyobjected posted:

a week ago, I would have considered getting this, because I've enjoyed Bloodborne a lot (last time I played, I had just beaten The One Reborn), but World of Final Fantasy is taking up all my time now, and with FFXV coming out this month, I don't know if I'll get back to Bloodborne any time soon.

I think it's the first time I've seen the xpac go on sale (maybe I missed it once earlier in the year) and the game's pretty much timeless so it might be worthwhile to have it waiting for when you're ready.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Bloodborne is the best game so more of the best game+ cheapness is good.

Shadow225
Jan 2, 2007

Some real cheap PSOne classics if that's your jam.

Is Grandia worth playing in TYOOL 2016?

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Quantum of Phallus posted:

Bloodborne is the best game so more of the best game+ cheapness is good.

yeah

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Shadow225 posted:

Some real cheap PSOne classics if that's your jam.

Is Grandia worth playing in TYOOL 2016?

They are but apparently they're not Sony's jam because they still won't let me play them on a PS4.

Minidust
Nov 4, 2009

Keep bustin'
What is the nature of the Bloodborne DLC? Description makes it sound like some sort of side mission. Is there content that would mess with the game balance for a first-time player?

gibbed
Apr 10, 2006

Minidust posted:

What is the nature of the Bloodborne DLC? Description makes it sound like some sort of side mission. Is there content that would mess with the game balance for a first-time player?
Many new areas to explore, some new enemies, and new bosses. New equipment as well. It's more Bloodborne, some of the best Souls DLC content as well.

It's technically two DLCs worth of content as well, since they decided to bring two planned DLCs into what is now the Old Hunters DLC.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

It's definitely not a side mission. It's a proper expansion pack in the old school sense. You can play it first time around but you need to be fairly high level or you'll get destroyed very quickly.

Obsurveyor
Jan 10, 2003

IcePhoenix posted:

I was messing with my PSN accounts last night and just found out that apparently I have :10bux: on the account I never use anymore. Is there a way for me to transfer that (or buy something and gift it) to my current account or is that just money lost?

The best you'll get: Make your PS4 the primary console for the account you never use and buy something with the $10 and then you should be able to use it on all your accounts on that PS4.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Quantum of Phallus posted:

you'll get destroyed very quickly.

This isn't exaggeration, by the way. The Bloodborne DLC is the most difficult material From's ever produced by a fair margin.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Kings Field 1 was harder for me but it's probably more of a technical/controls issue

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Obsurveyor posted:

The best you'll get: Make your PS4 the primary console for the account you never use and buy something with the $10 and then you should be able to use it on all your accounts on that PS4.

Bummer, I was hoping to use it to buy DLC for something since I mainly buy physical now.

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

Oxxidation posted:

This isn't exaggeration, by the way. The Bloodborne DLC is the most difficult material From's ever produced by a fair margin.

Not by any means. There's a lot of stuff in their catalog that's harder than it, most notably the entirety of Last Raven.

Also Armored Core V, for a different definition of 'difficult'.

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

The Bloodborne DLC gives you a giant buzzsaw on a stick for a weapon. Buy it.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Has the coolest boss fights too

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Marge, I'd like to be alone with the sandwich for a moment.

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...
Parapa 2 but not one? Butt garbage.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

FishBulb posted:

Parapa 2 but not one? Butt garbage.

1 wasn't on ps2 so its not a ps2 for ps4 game

abagofcheetos
Oct 29, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
Is there anything technically wrong with Metal Slug Anthology?

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer
Not much in that same that appeals to me but I'll probably end up getting Metal Slug because that's far closer to a price I would have paid for it in the first place.

Obsurveyor
Jan 10, 2003

IcePhoenix posted:

Bummer, I was hoping to use it to buy DLC for something since I mainly buy physical now.

I'm not sure how that stops you for physical. Just play it once on the account you don't use and now you "own" it and can buy the DLC? Won't the DLC work on the same PS4 with other accounts?

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

Minidust posted:

It's a pretty extensive proper expansion pack that is a combination of two planned DLCs. For a first time player, it will definitely take a good few hours. It's 3 main areas, with 4 mandatory and 1 optional boss. You can go back and forth to the main game if you get stuck.

You can get to the DLC early if you want, but I think it's meant for late game, personally. I'd say like level 80 or so? I always feel like I'm underleveled when I go with the consensus level recommendation for DLC, but it's probably because I suck. After beating it, you will definitely be strong/skilled enough to obliterate the normal game.

Don't worry about it affecting your regular playthrough – nothing will get added to your inventory or anything that breaks the game balance. You have to go out of your way to find it. If you're playing online right now, the DLC is already included in the latest patch – buying the DLC just unlocks the area.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

you can go to the dlc earlier than you'd think because the soul drop rate is high so you'll catch up to level pretty quick. i started it as soon as I had 30 vitality

Shadow225
Jan 2, 2007

You can go suicide run for some weapons. You can activate the DLC pretty early in the game, but it is totally meant for high level play. I played it at the end of a normal playthrough with about 47 strength, and still wasn't doing satisfactory damage.

I'm also one of the few who will maintain that the DLC is merely Okay with 2 really cool boss fights.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Would it be okay to do it from a fresh NG+ save?

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Ha it's actually more difficult doing it NG+ due to scaling. I had to go back to an old NG save

Shadow225
Jan 2, 2007

Rirse posted:

I'm not sure how much beefier the enemies in the area will get, but you can access it right after killing Amelia. She will either drop the item, or it will appear on the ground in the hunter's dream. Just get grabbed by the invisible Amygdala in the plaza right outside of Cathedral Ward.

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

Rirse posted:

I wouldn't recommend it, the enemies will get huge health boosts. It's a pain, but you might as well make a fresh character. You can run through the base game very easily on your second time through.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

Rirse posted:

I tried this and got stomped 100 times and had to grind 40 levels. It's faster to just start over.

I have not had any particular trouble with any other Souls game.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Obsurveyor posted:

I'm not sure how that stops you for physical. Just play it once on the account you don't use and now you "own" it and can buy the DLC? Won't the DLC work on the same PS4 with other accounts?

I guess I didn't know if it would work that way or not.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
I will start over then. Maybe this run I won't screw up the event flags for a lot of the quests. Is there any new Dex weapons in the DLC (bought already from this sale), as I went with dex in my first run, but never switch from the cane you get at the start.

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

Rirse posted:

I will start over then. Maybe this run I won't screw up the event flags for a lot of the quests. Is there any new Dex weapons in the DLC (bought already from this sale), as I went with dex in my first run, but never switch from the cane you get at the start.

There are a good variety of weapons for all builds: strength, skill, arcane, and bloodtinge, along with a few hybrids. I think that strength does get a few more fun toys, but you'll definitely have options.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

I played Old Hunters on NG++ because the real Bloodborne starts here.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Rirse posted:

With one exception I think the coolest weapons in the DLC are all DEX. The Bowblade wrecks a lot of encounters for BLT builds in particular, and the Rakuyo is like an even more stylish upgrade to the Blades of Mercy.

Quality builds also get the Beasthunter Saif, which just looks like a slightly bigger Saw Cleaver but has an incredible moveset.

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

Is Metal Slug Anthology generally acceptable for a casual? Haven't played much of the MS games but I want to try them out.

Sefal
Nov 8, 2011
Fun Shoe

Smirking_Serpent posted:

Is Metal Slug Anthology generally acceptable for a casual? Haven't played much of the MS games but I want to try them out.

I grew up playing the metal slug games back in the arcades. I want to recommend the anthology. but i cannot. The slowdown or framerate in metal slug 1 is unforgivably bad. 2-4 seem to be better but I still feel some lag.

But it is deff acceptable for a casual. You can select the difficulty from easy , normal to hard and you have infinite credits.

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Some say that his politics are terrifying, and that he once punched a horse to the ground...

Are the framerate issues still not resolved with the ps4 anthology port? I thought they upped the framerate on most ps2 to ps4 classics.

Minidust
Nov 4, 2009

Keep bustin'
Thanks all for the Bloodborne DLC info! I'm actually sitting on a sealed copy of Bloodborne. I'll probably return that and buy the complete digital version instead, since it now comes out to slightly cheaper than what I paid for physical + the sale DLC price.

Any thoughts on Grandia or Legend of Dragoon? I'm kinda fully loaded on portable JRPGs, but these are cheap enough to have me curious.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Guw
Jan 10, 2013

This is a pretty great sale. Picked up a lot of psx games, Ape 2 and Heavy Rain + Two Souls (the latter which I may never play despite loving HR).

• Locked thread