Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

I think you can red eye mound makers? I don't remember. You can't red eye the only covenants I want stuff from :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Some say that his politics are terrifying, and that he once punched a horse to the ground...

SHY NUDIST GRRL posted:

I think you can red eye mound makers? I don't remember. You can't red eye the only covenants I want stuff from :(

Protip, just red eye your covenant of choice in the Aldrich faithful area. You win at least half the time.

Doesn't work for blue sentinels or watchdogs but otherwise, tongues, sun coins or bones.

Freaking Crumbum
Apr 17, 2003

Too fuck to drunk

SHY NUDIST GRRL posted:

I didn't know there was any other way to get bone shackles other than to dig them out of your foe's lifeless corpse. I guess they added that in the DLC? :shrug:

AttackBacon
Nov 19, 2010
DEEP FRIED DIARRHEA

HaB posted:

This sounds fun.

Can you Mugenmonkey up the build and link it?

http://mugenmonkey.com/darksouls3

Here's a template I made if you want to make it into a meta (120) or higher build: https://mugenmonkey.com/darksouls3/112916

There's a free ring slot (I use Havels) and you can pick whatever armor you want. I gave some stat leveling suggestions in the description. If you want to use it at a lower level than that, just drop from Vig/End/Luck till you get down to wherever you want to be.

Here's what my actual build looks like at level 168 (where I keep most of my high level builds so I can still snipe meta PvP which caps at level 142): https://mugenmonkey.com/darksouls3/39309

Fuligin
Oct 27, 2010

wait what the fuck??

Aldrich is a giant pile of slime, including the floor of the arena he fights you in, hence why his turd-gwyndolin portion keeps diving around in it to escape. The various scattered slimes and heaps of sludge around the cathedral are the wake of his passage.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

Fuligin posted:

Aldrich is a giant pile of slime, including the floor of the arena he fights you in, hence why his turd-gwyndolin portion keeps diving around in it to escape. The various scattered slimes and heaps of sludge around the cathedral are the wake of his passage.

No he isn't. The slime floor stays after you kill him. If it was part of him it would of vanished along with the rest.

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

Freaking Crumbum posted:

I didn't know there was any other way to get bone shackles other than to dig them out of your foe's lifeless corpse. I guess they added that in the DLC? :shrug:

No you could always invade people as a mound maker

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
i keep dying to oceiros and the enemies right before him ffs. he was really easy last time i played

Sard
May 11, 2012

Certified Poster of Culture.

Internet Kraken posted:

No he isn't. The slime floor stays after you kill him. If it was part of him it would of vanished along with the rest.

Well, it was a part of him. A god is a lot of souls to digest. Sulyvahn is so busy doing whatever he does, Anor Londo is like the worst catass scenario imaginable.

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Jose posted:

i keep dying to oceiros and the enemies right before him ffs. he was really easy last time i played

I have had good luck using the warden twinblades against him. Also gently caress those knights.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

summoned hawkswood and then oceiros bugged out at 50%hp and wouldn't take any more damage :thumbsup:

I AM THE MOON
Dec 21, 2012

Jose posted:

the greatsword catyhedral knights are harder than he is. to bad is a bad weapon, it looks rly cool...

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

do i get the moonlight greatsword or the spell from his soul? only on 39 int atm but can wield the sword

how does it compare to the great sword of justice just i've got that too

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Jose posted:

do you not have a shield this time?

Canemacar
Mar 8, 2008

So is this game unstable on PC? Tried playing it for the first time last night and got about 100 yards into the starting area before it crashed. Didn't bother booting it back up yet.

berenzen
Jan 23, 2012

Canemacar posted:

So is this game unstable on PC? Tried playing it for the first time last night and got about 100 yards into the starting area before it crashed. Didn't bother booting it back up yet.

I've noticed the same as well. I get to the dragon at the High Wall of Lothric and it crashes.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Canemacar posted:

The game is notorious for choking and dying at the very first bonfire on PC. I just started it back up a couple days ago and hit a few alarming framerate hitches at that point, but it seemed to recover and everything was fine afterward.

Can't believe it still hasn't been fixed after all this time.

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

Jose posted:

do i get the moonlight greatsword or the spell from his soul? only on 39 int atm but can wield the sword

how does it compare to the great sword of justice just i've got that too

It's much better because most of the damage is actually in Int. With 40+ Int it has over 400 magic AR and doesn't need to be buffed, plus it has the versatility of (somewhat) ranged charged attacks.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

SHY NUDIST GRRL posted:

do you not have a shield this time?

i used a big weapon 2h last time this time i've got spells that suck against him and a fire sword +6 because i was here before anor londo or profaned capital to get the prisoners band

Genocyber posted:

It's much better because most of the damage is actually in Int. With 40+ Int it has over 400 magic AR and doesn't need to be buffed, plus it has the versatility of (somewhat) ranged charged attacks.

i'm using a +8 crystal dark sword at the minute with the staff in my left hand. the spell requiring 50 int makes me think its probably really good and i should get it

Jose fucked around with this message at 21:46 on Nov 8, 2016

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Ah well shields are pretty good against him.

AttackBacon
Nov 19, 2010
DEEP FRIED DIARRHEA

Jose posted:

i used a big weapon 2h last time this time i've got spells that suck against him and a fire sword +6 because i was here before anor londo or profaned capital to get the prisoners band

i'm using a +8 crystal dark sword at the minute with the staff in my left hand. the spell requiring 50 int makes me think its probably really good and i should get it

Oceiros is weak to lightning. He resists magic a lot and fire a bit and dark is fine against him. If you boop him on the snoot a couple times you can get a riposte for big damage. Shields make the fight really easy because his attacks move him around so much you rarely have to block more than one hit.

White Dragon Breath is ok but not game-defining, in most situations Crystal Soul Spear is just better. Moonlight Greatsword is a really awesome greatsword that is one of the best int-scaling weapons in the game. I'd get the Moonlight every time but if you just want to focus on sorceries WDB is fine, it's just not going to blow your socks off or anything.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

good to know since i'm using melee a fair bit so will go for the MLGS

i just summoned someone and hawkwood and it was easy enough then did the same for champion gundyr because gently caress it

if i have 60 int can i use pyromancy as well as if i have 30 int/faith?

Magic Rabbit Hat
Nov 4, 2006

Just follow along if you don't wanna get neutered.
Couple things:

I've been destroying the 1v1 arena with a Bandit Knife + Bleed coating. I am regularly killing giant weapon users without taking a hit -- I can actually feel the UGS user's frustration as I bounce around his attacks and poke him to death with a humble dagger. Quickstep is an incredible power and I'm legitimately glad that the only weapons it's attached to aren't all that great without a little work.

Fun fact: Bleed can proc in a roll's iframes. If that happens, they take no damage.

Straight Swords are a cancer.

People who mash the Parry button while getting their face mashed in are the worst. One lucky swing and the whole fight turns around. It's very dumb.

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

Jose posted:

Already answered but yeah the sorcery is pretty trash tier (it's good for killing a straight line of enemies but that's about it and that's a rare situation) while the MLGS is very good, and since greatswords were buffed they're honestly way better than straight swords. Nearly as fast 1handed with more range and damage, and 2handed you can take advantage of poise and it's better at stunning enemies.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Genocyber posted:

Already answered but yeah the sorcery is pretty trash tier (it's good for killing a straight line of enemies but that's about it and that's a rare situation) while the MLGS is very good, and since greatswords were buffed they're honestly way better than straight swords. Nearly as fast 1handed with more range and damage, and 2handed you can take advantage of poise and it's better at stunning enemies.

cool i don't really want to use the dark sword if i can avoid it and i'm a big fan of 2h weapons in souls games

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Magic Rabbit Hat posted:

People who mash the Parry button while getting their face mashed in are the worst. One lucky swing and the whole fight turns around. It's very dumb.

Uh maybe stop mashing r1 scrub?

Real post: jump attack can't be parried

Bumper Stickup
Jan 7, 2012

Mmm... Offshore Toast!

Grimey Drawer
Okay so I was enjoying the dlc for the most part. Nice setting, cool atmosphere, fun enemies. Was ready to write it home as a good dlc until I got to the final boss.

Now I hate this dlc. A lot.

double nine
Aug 8, 2013

Bumper Stickup posted:

Okay so I was enjoying the dlc for the most part. Nice setting, cool atmosphere, fun enemies. Was ready to write it home as a good dlc until I got to the final boss.

Now I hate this dlc. A lot.

Help someone else in jolly co-operation a couple times. If you or the host dies you lose nothing, and it's good practice - especially when the boss is focusing on someone else so you can see their movements/tells more easily.

What are you stuck on?

Bumper Stickup
Jan 7, 2012

Mmm... Offshore Toast!

Grimey Drawer
the second phase in which I have to dodge three kinds of ranged attacks in the hopes of getting in to do damage and not burning through all my estus before the third phase

Sard
May 11, 2012

Certified Poster of Culture.

Magic Rabbit Hat posted:

SHY NUDIST GRRL posted:

Uh maybe stop mashing r1 scrub?

Real post: jump attack can't be parried

Also, just start mashing whatever you can to make it look like you're attacking (like jam block repeatedly) to fake them out into more panic parries and then enjoy your free backstab on their dumb stupid rear end.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

Magic Rabbit Hat posted:

People get staggered for 2 hits by pretty much every weapon. After 2 hits, they won't be staggered and have time to roll away or do something else. So if you see someone holding a parry weapon, just restrain yourself to 2 hit combos rather than mashing R1 mindlessly.

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
It is amazing just how much a shield makes the game easy.

Iretep
Nov 10, 2009
shields made 1 really easy too. they over nerfed shields in 2 so i guess people forgot they were supposed to be really op.

Maleh-Vor
Oct 26, 2003

Artificial difficulty.
I feel they're not that helpful after a certain point in the game where everything starts doing 5+ hit combos and generally knock your shield away. Or, like wrestlegoats, just outright kill you while you're blocking.

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

Maleh-Vor posted:

I feel they're not that helpful after a certain point in the game where everything starts doing 5+ hit combos and generally knock your shield away. Or, like wrestlegoats, just outright kill you while you're blocking.

Grabs are still tricky but multi-hit combos don't mean much when you can just strafe to avoid them. You keep up the shield to guarantee no damage while you sidle to their back for a backstab (I think you can score backstabs in this even when your shield is up? not 100% positive since I don't use shields much).

Populon
Mar 1, 2008

What's the matter,scared?

Anyone want to trade me a spare set of creightons armor on PS4? I killed pontiff too soon and i dont want to go up another ng
Also is there anything stopping me from dropping dlc weapons to my friend who doesnt own the dlc? Would they just not show up?

Populon fucked around with this message at 07:54 on Nov 9, 2016

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

So yesterday I got the hollowslayer greatsword to +5 right after the dancer, and this poo poo destroys lothric knights and cathedral knights. It has the poise damage of an UGS with the fastest swing of greatswords plus the bonus damage against hollows. Holy poo poo it's amazing. Will the bonus damage against hollows work in pvp if someone has the dark sigil?

RabidWeasel
Aug 4, 2007

Cultures thrive on their myths and legends...and snuggles!

Genocyber posted:

Grabs are still tricky but multi-hit combos don't mean much when you can just strafe to avoid them. You keep up the shield to guarantee no damage while you sidle to their back for a backstab (I think you can score backstabs in this even when your shield is up? not 100% positive since I don't use shields much).

I think you have to be using a weapon which can attack normally while blocking.

Guillermus posted:

So yesterday I got the hollowslayer greatsword to +5 right after the dancer, and this poo poo destroys lothric knights and cathedral knights. It has the poise damage of an UGS with the fastest swing of greatswords plus the bonus damage against hollows. Holy poo poo it's amazing. Will the bonus damage against hollows work in pvp if someone has the dark sigil?

No it doesn't do extra damage in PvP but yeah it's a great weapon - greatswords are absolutely fantastic now and probably the new all rounder general purpose weapon. The Black Knight Sword hits even harder (and does bonus damage to demons, rather than hollows) but has worse R2s.

Jordbo
Mar 5, 2013

The Onyx Blade is especially strong since it's so long! It's a nightmare to fight with a curved greatsword since they've both got the same reach but the greatsword is quicker and staggers unless you've got more than 45 poise (sigh)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Iretep posted:

shields made 1 really easy too. they over nerfed shields in 2 so i guess people forgot they were supposed to be really op.

lightning zweihander + artorias great shield and all levels pumped into endurance break dark souls NG more than any other build imo