Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Adiabatic
Nov 18, 2007

What have you assholes done now?
reliable: yes

practical: debatable

MR2 and Camacho are the only ones staying, and Camacho is contingent on modifying it to pull the boat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Adiabatic
Nov 18, 2007

Oh also BMW is here-ish:

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Well what's attached to a leash that it made itself?
The punchline is the way that you've been fuckin' yourself

Adiabatic posted:

im not using it for rallycross, there's a heavy police presence here stopping me from doing anything fun, no snow... it's not in the right place and needs to get wrecked into trees like it was built to do

I don't blame you one bit, that thing is ridiculous. haha. But the looks you got from it will be priceless memories.

Wrar
Sep 9, 2002

Soiled Meat
I would buy the Gorester from you but I'm pretty sure it would cost me my marriage :( Being an adult sucks sometimes.

Dagen H
Mar 19, 2009

Hogertrafikomlaggningen

Your dad looks surprisingly youthful.

Adiabatic
Nov 18, 2007

probably because thats my other roommate

SuperDucky
May 13, 2007

by exmarx

beep-beep car is go posted:

I'm guessing he was bit by the boat bug, so I'm calling it:

35' Cabin Cruiser.

For shame.

I am serious about bringing your C22 down, dude. PM me or email tehspartan1337 at gmail for more info. Curious about your new project!

TrueChaos
Nov 14, 2006

beep-beep car is go posted:

I'm guessing he was bit by the boat bug, so I'm calling it:

35' Cabin Cruiser.

Shameful. Get something worth racing.

I can't believe I missed all the fun sailing chat itt. I didn't realize there were so many AI sailors.

Superducky - are your initials W.S? I can't keep anyone's username straight with who they are.

Got a few firsts, a second, and a third in club race series as crew this year, and got my first flag as skipper. I race on a Shark24.

When you can see this much of the bottom of the boat it means you're having a good time.

If I shouldn't post sailing pictures here feel free to tell me to gently caress off.

Adiabatic
Nov 18, 2007

superducky thats absolutely happening. Ill talk with the missus and then hit you up.

truechaos those pics are awesome keep it coming

Elmnt80
Dec 30, 2012

There is also a boats/boating thread in AI you can poast in too!

Adiabatic
Nov 18, 2007

loving lol

MrsAdiabatic
Feb 26, 2015

Gotta get up to get Down's
Put "self control" on the windshield of this one too. No exceptions to house policy.

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug

Adiabatic posted:

loving lol

What's the colour code, White Pride Metallic?

I wanted to get one in Early Bird Dinner With Hitler's Nice Grandson Pearl.

Adiabatic
Nov 18, 2007

this is the death of my automotive insanity.

the motorcycle is leaving, the gorester is leaving, just so i can slowly die in comfort on I-64 W with the other lemmings every weekday morning.

this 2011 E350 is a physical reminder of my selling out to the man.

Goodbye, lead foot.

Fiscal responsibility. Tax-advantaged retirement accounts. Conventional mortgages. Proper punctuation in my posts. Rotary club.

NitroSpazzz
Dec 9, 2006

You don't need style when you've got strength!

loving lol :golfclap:

Adiabatic
Nov 18, 2007

gently caress. I should've looked at the engine a little closer...

Wrar
Sep 9, 2002

Soiled Meat
Buying any German car is a bit insane since when it breaks it costs a loving fortune compared to say, a Lexus or Infiniti.

GentlemanofLeisure
Aug 27, 2008

Adiabatic posted:

Hahahahaha

Alarbus
Mar 31, 2010
So... upping the boost and putting a hater pipe through the hood?

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Moderator at http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/and soon to be mod of AI. MAKE AI GREAT AGAIN. Motronic for VP.

Adiabatic posted:

this is the death of my automotive insanity.

the motorcycle is leaving, the gorester is leaving, just so i can slowly die in comfort on I-64 W with the other lemmings every weekday morning.

this 2011 E350 is a physical reminder of my selling out to the man.

Goodbye, lead foot.

Fiscal responsibility. Tax-advantaged retirement accounts. Conventional mortgages. Proper punctuation in my posts. Rotary club.

I'll admit when I heard you got an E350 I was picturing the kind with the D60-1SU fullfloat rear axle with 8 lugs and factory disc brakes, not the "trophy wife of a prominent lobbyist who just cut off 4 lanes of traffic while buried in her cellphone" kind

Also rotary club does have its benefits, their gangtag is cool

8ender
Sep 24, 2003

clown is watching you sleep
LOOK WHAT THE BOAT HAS DONE TO YOU

cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Your rear-end wont survive my hammering.

Fun Shoe

8ender posted:

LOOK WHAT THE BOAT HAS DONE TO YOU

Yeah, he went out and bought it a friend.

Ormy
Apr 5, 2005

Adiabatic posted:

This needs highlighting.

MrYenko
Jun 18, 2012

#2 isn't ALWAYS bad...

Adiabatic posted:

This is another one of those times when I wish I could :five: an individual post.

MrsAdiabatic
Feb 26, 2015

Gotta get up to get Down's

Adiabatic posted:

Goodbye, lead foot.

500+ HP AMG disagrees with your choice

alternate.eago
Jul 19, 2006
Insert randomness here.
Well drat! That looks like a fun commuter!
But its not the true suburban housewife mobile, if it was the GLC (used to be the ML class) it would be.

We need video with exhaust sounds.

Adiabatic
Nov 18, 2007

Guys I am completely out of my element. I have no idea what I'm doing.

This car just surrounds you in opulence. The driver's seat has adjustable everything, a back massager, and the bolsters inflate when you go around corners. Both front seats are heated and cooled. There's nightvision in the nav screen and driver assist, whatever that is.

I keep finding little tiny things like the button in the trunk at eye level that closes it and locks all the doors, or the sensors on every door handle that unlock the entire car if you have the key in your pocket.

There's so many buttons and I have no idea what to do with any of them. I'm still getting used to having A/C.

The car just quietly putters along in the slow lane, and I'll roll onto the accelerator and suddenly before you can even gather what's going on you're going 100mph. Like, it doesn't feel fast at all. Rolling up to 100 from 50 feels slower than flogging the MR2 to 60 from 40. It's completely insulatory.

Then you hit the AMG button and the stupid thing becomes an entirely different car. 518hp completely on demand, rev-matching, what the gently caress am I in a Ferrari did the exhaust note just change why the gently caress is this old man car behaving like this where am I what just happened does that say 150 is this what dying feels like

Alarbus
Mar 31, 2010
Yep. When I traded in my old Toyota Celica for my first BMW, I was blown away, and that was a fairly basic model. Even then it was comfy and sporty enough that I basically stopped riding the motorcycle.

I kept telling friends and family one of the major differences of a car like that, or yours, to a "normal" car is that 50 doesn't feel different than 90, and you don't know how you got TO 90 accidentally.

alternate.eago
Jul 19, 2006
Insert randomness here.

Adiabatic posted:

Guys I am completely out of my element. I have no idea what I'm doing.

This car just surrounds you in opulence. The driver's seat has adjustable everything, a back massager, and the bolsters inflate when you go around corners. Both front seats are heated and cooled. There's nightvision in the nav screen and driver assist, whatever that is.

I keep finding little tiny things like the button in the trunk at eye level that closes it and locks all the doors, or the sensors on every door handle that unlock the entire car if you have the key in your pocket.

There's so many buttons and I have no idea what to do with any of them. I'm still getting used to having A/C.

The car just quietly putters along in the slow lane, and I'll roll onto the accelerator and suddenly before you can even gather what's going on you're going 100mph. Like, it doesn't feel fast at all. Rolling up to 100 from 50 feels slower than flogging the MR2 to 60 from 40. It's completely insulatory.

Then you hit the AMG button and the stupid thing becomes an entirely different car. 518hp completely on demand, rev-matching, what the gently caress am I in a Ferrari did the exhaust note just change why the gently caress is this old man car behaving like this where am I what just happened does that say 150 is this what dying feels like

You need a "Self Control" windshield banner for this.

That feeling is exactly why I bought the Volvo, while it can do over 100, it isn't exactly super excited about it, and around 75-80 is where is wants to be on the highway. I can't have something like that AMG, I will go to jail.

SuperDucky
May 13, 2007

by exmarx

TrueChaos posted:

Shameful. Get something worth racing.

I can't believe I missed all the fun sailing chat itt. I didn't realize there were so many AI sailors.

Superducky - are your initials W.S? I can't keep anyone's username straight with who they are.

Yes they are but I gather you figured that out since you hit me up on facebook.

I don't know that I'm a fan of doing foredeck on boats without lifelines, but the Santana 20 is fun, its like a combination of a Thistle and a J24.

Having to pull the Flying Tiger out of the water, not enough water in the slip. We need rain, badly and it looks like the next chance isn't till next week.

TrueChaos
Nov 14, 2006

Sharks don't have life lines, pole dancing in high winds is... Interesting.

MrChips
Jun 10, 2005

FLIGHT SAFETY TIP: Fatties out first

What I'm confused; did you buy am E350 or an actual E63 AMG?

Because hoo boy either way...

Adiabatic
Nov 18, 2007

E63 AMG. I was trying to keep it under wraps but then ssswitch had the "built by 14inch" idea.

Adiabatic
Nov 18, 2007

Mekkin frans at home and at werk:

Also gently caress that tree and the birds that live in it. They may have struck first but I've got the artillery:

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 11 years!)

From the Gorester to a $100k (when new, I'm sure depreciation raped it a bit for you) fire breathing luxury car. :stonkhat:

Nice car man.

cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Your rear-end wont survive my hammering.

Fun Shoe
Now be a good goon and weld on that motherfucking crank pulley.

Sl1me
Dec 14, 2014

Your Benz peen is bigger than my Benz peen

skylineboy08
Nov 12, 2010
this benz brought to you by poor financial decisions and the friends who help justify them :downs:

p.s. - bring it down here so i can drive it. you owe me this from broomhilda. you owe me.

Left Ventricle
Feb 24, 2006

Right aorta
And the question burning on AI's lips: Why didn't you get the estate?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Terrible Robot
Jul 2, 2010

FRIED CHICKEN
Slippery Tilde

Left Ventricle posted:

And the question burning on AI's lips: Why didn't you get the estate?

E63 AMG estates are very rare and carry a decent premium over the sedans.