Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

so i want to pre-order and pre-download Moon but i don't have enough space on my SD card because pokemon X is taking up all the space and there's nothing else to delete (just the demo but that wouldn't free up enough space anyway)

if i delete the data does that erase my save game too? :ohdear:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crosspeice
Aug 9, 2013

Dr. Fetus posted:

Trick Room counts as a Terrain move now. :getin:

Yessssssssss, all I want in life is longer Trick Room.

One day, it will be auto activated through an ability, but not today.

Waffles Inc.
Jan 20, 2005

Kerrrrrrr posted:

so i want to pre-order and pre-download Moon but i don't have enough space on my SD card because pokemon X is taking up all the space and there's nothing else to delete (just the demo but that wouldn't free up enough space anyway)

if i delete the data does that erase my save game too? :ohdear:

dump your friends into the bank and then say goodbye; no point in going back after SM right?

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~
Just buy another SD card, they're super cheap.

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

Crosspeice posted:

One day, it will be auto activated through an ability, but not today.

It will be Malamar's signature ability

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

a 32 gig SD card is like 15 bucks and you will never need to buy another one

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Where are these from cause I like pictures with my stats

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll
Marshadow is so kawaii :allears:

https://www.instagram.com/p/BMj_cwfBV9Y/

Pentaro
May 5, 2013

New SD Card question - Can I just copy the contents from the previous one and pop it into the 3DS, or are there format shenanigans involved?

Crosspeice
Aug 9, 2013

I love how anime these Z-Moves are.

Decus
Feb 24, 2013

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

Where are these from cause I like pictures with my stats

Probably from this youtube channel.

bukkits
Mar 7, 2013

:regd08:

Pentaro posted:

New SD Card question - Can I just copy the contents from the previous one and pop it into the 3DS, or are there format shenanigans involved?

I think there's a way to put one in your PC and another in your 3DS and transfer data that way. I remember that being an option for transfering data when I did a full system transfer with the new Sun and Moon XL

Pyroi
Aug 17, 2013

gay elf noises

Crosspeice posted:

I love how anime these Z-Moves are.

that was just a rider kick

the cute little candle demon did a rider kick

i want seven

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

Pentaro posted:

If you get one with more than 32 GB, you have to format it first. Otherwise, just wholesale dump the contents of the original onto your PC's desktop, switch the cards and dump it all back on to the new one. Simple and easy.

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!
Guys, guys, guys.

Buzzwole.

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

~As for dreams, she has enough and more to spare~

Dr. Fetus posted:

Trick Room counts as a Terrain move now. :getin:

do we know if triple battles are really gone because i want to make my stupid gimmick team even stupider

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!
I'm going to shatter bones with my big friend Buzzwole

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

less laughter posted:

I just checked, Comatose's in-game description confirms that it makes the Pokémon permanently drowsy (the normally temporary condition that is inflicted after the opponent uses Yawn), not fully asleep. Drowsy is a different condition and Comatose does not grant immunity to Sleep (only to the other statuses such as Paralyzed and Burn), so Komala should be able to use Rest as normal.

It does not learn Rest.

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll
Froslass's new dex entry is pure poetry

quote:

The soul of a woman lost on a snowy mountain possessed an icicle, becoming this Pokémon. The food it most relishes is the souls of men.

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

less laughter posted:

Froslass's new dex entry is pure poetry

One of Gamefreak's writers must have been going through a nasty break-up when he wrote that.

Pentaro
May 5, 2013

Ometeotl posted:

If you get one with more than 32 GB, you have to format it first. Otherwise, just wholesale dump the contents of the original onto your PC's desktop, switch the cards and dump it all back on to the new one. Simple and easy.

Great I just bought a 32 G one, so I'm glad to hear that.

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

Zore posted:

It does not learn Rest.

Ah, OK.

But still, if you Skill Swap (provided it isn't blocked like Wonder Guard) Comatose onto a mon that knows Rest, I don't think the ability will prevent it from using it.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

The move name should have popped up after the move hit, to give that authentic HnK feeling.

Avalerion
Oct 19, 2012

Funkmaster General posted:

I'm playing now. I guess if anyone has any early game questions point 'em at me.

Mind calling out once you get the daycare? Curious how soon you can start breeding stuff.

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll
Unused type combos left after SM:

Kanto Ninetales should have been retyped to Fire/Fairy with the introduction of Alola Ninetales

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

RIP Lutri: 5/19/20-4/2/20
:blizz::gamefreak:
I imagine Fire/Ice is just named "AUUUUUAUAUAUHHUAUAHA" cause it can't actually say it's real name when it's screaming in pain eternally.

Zoran
Aug 19, 2008

I lost to you once, monster. I shall not lose again! Die now, that our future can live!
Poor Talonflame :rip:

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

Kurieg posted:

I imagine Fire/Ice is just named "AUUUUUAUAUAUHHUAUAHA" cause it can't actually say its real name when it's screaming in pain eternally.

White Kyurem should've been Fire/Ice, stupid Game Freak :(

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

less laughter posted:

Unused type combos left after SM:

Kanto Ninetales should have been retyped to Fire/Fairy with the introduction of Alola Ninetales
tag urself i'm FIGHT FAIRY

Zoran
Aug 19, 2008

I lost to you once, monster. I shall not lose again! Die now, that our future can live!
Hydreigon didn't get poo poo t:mad:

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
The player character can't sit down anymore, but will get in any bed and give flavor text.

Decus
Feb 24, 2013

Dehry posted:

The player character can't sit down anymore, but will get in any bed and give flavor text.

Can I still look through everybody's trash cans?

Crosspeice
Aug 9, 2013

Technically with UB01, we have our first Poison type Legendary that's not Arceus! Yaaaaaay?

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things
Also Marshadow existing is going to single-handedly ruin Xerneas in Ubers.

Being able to steal your opponent's stat boost means Geomancy is fuuuuuuuucked.

Zoran
Aug 19, 2008

RIP Legendary Dog hidden abilities, they're all Inner Focus now

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

No Fire/Grass or Fire/Ice?

throws feces at computer screen

Kurieg posted:

I imagine Fire/Ice is just named "AUUUUUAUAUAUHHUAUAHA" cause it can't actually say it's real name when it's screaming in pain eternally.

So Alolan Aurorus then?

Ultima66
Sep 2, 2008

Ultra Beast balance seems kind of all over the place. Pheromosa looks like she's going straight to ubers since it's basically Deoxys-A with lower attack but better offensive STAB, Moxie, and U-Turn. Most of the other UBs look like they probably start at OU and some are probably in UU or RU territory.

I know balance between sets of legendary pokemon with the same BST is always uneven but when this set has a member that is clearly uber-level good and then "basically base 100 in all stats but terrible speed and learns no interesting utility moves" that just seems weird.

E:

Zoran posted:

RIP Legendary Dog hidden abilities, they're all Inner Focus now

These were never actually available, so it's kind of whatever. All the non-available HAs really should just be considered placeholders until they're released.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

less laughter posted:

Dhelmise, the possessed ship's wheel

oh hell yeah! drat this is a cool set. gently caress it, going full ghostard.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010

Ultima66 posted:

Ultra Beast balance seems kind of all over the place. Pheromosa looks like she's going straight to ubers since it's basically Deoxys-A with lower attack but better offensive STAB, Moxie, and U-Turn. Most of the other UBs look like they probably start at OU and some are probably in UU or RU territory.

I know balance between sets of legendary pokemon with the same BST is always uneven but when this set has a member that is clearly uber-level good and then "basically base 100 in all stats but terrible speed and learns no interesting utility moves" that just seems weird.

E:

These were never actually available, so it's kind of whatever. All the non-available HAs really should just be considered placeholders until they're released.

Even released ones change between gens. See: Chandelure.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~
Man, Crobat with Merciless would be so amazing. It'd also make Toxic Spikes more prevalent.

Crobat@Life Orb
Merciless
Jolly, 252 Attack, 252 Speed, 6 Defense
- Cross Poison
- Brave Bird
- Leech Life
- U-Turn/Defog/Roost/Toxic/Heatwave

Gets walled hard by Steel types without Heatwave, but I think it'd be a solid OU threat.