Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

benisntfunny
Dec 2, 2004
I'm Perfect.

Odette posted:

What kind of computers do you have? Looks very organised.

An iMac with external dell monitor, old rear end MacBook, MacMini that can't even get passed 10.7. Surface pro 3, chromebox.

The iMac is my main computer. The older macs are running Linux and just doing general server tasks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dema
Aug 13, 2006

benisntfunny posted:

Updated shots of my nerdy basement from last year. Made sure the cats found their way in.

lovely pano

entry

tv area

desk area

cats bein' cats

So good. I want that, I guess it's a filing cabinet? Anyway, I want it.

benisntfunny
Dec 2, 2004
I'm Perfect.

dema posted:

So good. I want that, I guess it's a filing cabinet? Anyway, I want it.

The red filing cabinet? Yeah it's nice. Guess it was expensive. I wouldn't know. My buddy is splitting with his wife and just wanted to get rid of it. I only took one of them. We left the other in his trash area and it was gone in 30 minutes. I know because I decided I wanted 2 after 35. Oh well.

beefnoodle
Aug 7, 2004

IGNORE ME! I'M JUST AN OLD WET RAG
Very nice looking!

Etrips
Nov 9, 2004

Having Teemo Problems?
I Feel Bad For You, Son.
I Got 99 Shrooms
And You Just Hit One.
What is that under your computer desk? Foot stool?

benisntfunny
Dec 2, 2004
I'm Perfect.

Etrips posted:

What is that under your computer desk? Foot stool?

A pouf. Feels nice to put your feet up a little.

benisntfunny
Dec 2, 2004
I'm Perfect.
Oh and I guess I should include the before of my basement:

benisntfunny fucked around with this message at 05:03 on Nov 5, 2016

Good Dog
Oct 16, 2008

Who threw this cat at me?
Clapping Larry

It came from imgur. You can imagine how much everyone loves this guy's project. Click to see more of his handiwork.

couldcareless
Feb 8, 2009

Spheal used Swagger!
Those chains seem mighty inconvenient. Also, it would be hilarious if he was just using drywall anchors there. There's no way he could be that dumb right?

MrMoo
Sep 14, 2000

Mounting the keyboard and mouse tray under the desk but not mounting the monitors on the wall is odd. But then there is the carpet and printer on the floor, so :shrug:

GokieKS
Dec 15, 2012

Mostly Harmless.

couldcareless posted:

Those chains seem mighty inconvenient. Also, it would be hilarious if he was just using drywall anchors there. There's no way he could be that dumb right?

The album shows him using 5/16 x 4" lag screws.

I'm not a fan of the aesthetic, but it does look like it's well constructed. I've certainly seen a lot worse.

~Coxy
Dec 9, 2003

R.I.P. Inter-OS Sass - b.2000AD d.2003AD

Good Dog posted:

It came from imgur. You can imagine how much everyone loves this guy's project. Click to see more of his handiwork.

I never thought I would drown in the luxurious carpet of my master's computing dungeon.
--that printer

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

that desk is dumb as gently caress

Toe Rag
Aug 29, 2005

Maybe it's really classy and you are just a poor who doesn't know any better. I mean, this is the dining room of a house that sold for $5.7 million 2 years ago

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

ya carpet is extremely classy

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

ASK ME ABOUT MY SHITTY, BOUGIE INTERIOR DECORATING ADVICE
I feel like if you want to go with Dungeon Chic you should commit to it fully.

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

it's not like table legs are *that* inconvenient ... what a nightmare.

shookwell
Oct 3, 2004
no fuckin cornflakes
I got my autonomous desk today. I got the black extra large desktop with the dual motor setup.

Haven't gotten all the parts to put together the computer or even moved my chair in yet, so I can only give my initial impressions.

Boxes came very well packed. The cardboard was beat to hell on the outside but all the parts were in perfect condition. It was very easy to put together with clear instructions. Only took about 15 minutes (helps to have an allen bit for your power drill). The frame, motor, and desktop are very solid and well made. Everything seems high quality and looks good. The dual motors are very smooth and not too loud. The only weird thing is the desk grommets that come with the desk are kinds crappy and cheap, doesn't really fit with the rest of the desk.

epic Kingdom Hearts LP
Feb 17, 2006

What a shame
Is that the door to your gently caress dungeon down there

Wistful of Dollars
Aug 25, 2009

You need to take the parts out of the box. :colbert:

Etrips
Nov 9, 2004

Having Teemo Problems?
I Feel Bad For You, Son.
I Got 99 Shrooms
And You Just Hit One.

Wistful of Dollars posted:

You need to take the parts out of the box. :colbert:

He's waiting for his elf in the dungeon to build it for him.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

benisntfunny posted:

cats bein' cats

RAGDOLLS?!

benisntfunny
Dec 2, 2004
I'm Perfect.

Yep. Good cats. Very friendly even to other animals they haven't met. Other than the crazy amounts of fur everywhere they're great.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

benisntfunny posted:

Yep. Good cats. Very friendly even to other animals they haven't met. Other than the crazy amounts of fur everywhere they're great.

They're the loving best.

shookwell
Oct 3, 2004
no fuckin cornflakes
All together now

The desk is really solid, the double motor is pretty quick and not too noisy. There's a tiny bit of wobble but not enough to be bothersome, even at standing height. Waiting for an IKEA tray and then I'll work on the cable management down there.

epic Kingdom Hearts LP
Feb 17, 2006

What a shame
I need to know what's in the hole

ILikeVoltron
May 17, 2003

I <3 spyderbyte!

shookwell posted:

All together now

The desk is really solid, the double motor is pretty quick and not too noisy. There's a tiny bit of wobble but not enough to be bothersome, even at standing height. Waiting for an IKEA tray and then I'll work on the cable management down there.

How is having a picture right behind your monitor like that not super distracting? Also, what's in the hole Somerset?

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair
What hole are you guys talking about?

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

the dungeon door on the wall, below the PC.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair
Oh you mean the radiator. I figured.

Magnus Praeda
Jul 18, 2003
The largess in the land.
^^^e:f,b.

well why not posted:

the dungeon door on the wall, below the PC.

I'm pretty sure that's a wall heater.

ruffy senpai
Feb 20, 2016

follow me on twitter

Etrips
Nov 9, 2004

Having Teemo Problems?
I Feel Bad For You, Son.
I Got 99 Shrooms
And You Just Hit One.
My neck hurts just from looking at that picture.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair
nice piss jug

Eugene V. Dubstep
Oct 4, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 8 years!

AEMINAL
May 22, 2015

barf barf i am a dog, barf on your carpet, barf
yes its real i made the guy who posted it on synirc #gbs irc post it here

and its amazing

ruffy senpai
Feb 20, 2016

follow me on twitter
thats not a piss jug, its a jug of hard cider i fermented

Thom P. Tiers
May 29, 2008

Red Birds
Red Ass
Red Text
fermented in your gut

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

ruffy senpai posted:

thats not a piss jug, its a jug of hard cider i fermented piss

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rasselas
Oct 26, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT FUCKIN' TRANNIES HARASSING GLORIOUS UNIMPEACHABLE WEBCOMIC ARTIST TOM SIDDELL WITH THEIR FALSE CLAIMS TO VICTIMHOOD, THE CODDLED FUCKS! STIFF UPPER LIP! I'M A TREMENDOUS JACKASS WHO CAN'T FATHOM ANYTHING OUTSIDE MY BUBBLE! TUMBLRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!
I really like that framed oriental print.