Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Delthalaz
Mar 5, 2003

Slippery Tilde
Curse this tolerance - the whiskey does NOTHING

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Arsenic Lupin posted:

I can say this. My family are Southern and I love them and they're Democrats and I still hate the Southeast. I lived there. Fuckheads.

On the plus side, Pensacola has beautiful beaches.

Stallion Cabana
Feb 14, 2012
1; Get into Grad School

2; Become better at playing Tabletop, both as a player and as a GM/ST/W/E

3; Get rid of this goddamn avatar.
how big is Broward County vote wise?

Munkeymon
Aug 14, 2003

Motherfucker's got an
armor-piercing crowbar! Rigoddamndicu𝜆ous.

:lol: if you don't flip them off every time also that was at least three hours ago because it's not dark yet in that picture :smith:

resurgam40
Jul 22, 2007

Battler, the literal stupidest man on earth. Why are you even here, Battler, why did you come back to this place so you could fuck literally everything up?
MA, NJ and MD called for Clinton, TN and OK called for trump. Expected.

Two more senators picked up in Blumenthall and Vanhollen, to the Repubs Lankford.

Still a rollercoaster.

Epic Mount
Jun 18, 2007

Coheed and Camembert posted:

I like how Jill Stein has less than 100 votes across the entire state.

I want a breakdown of the writeins. I bet Dale Jr beat out Jill Stein

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

GOP holding Indiana senate seat

Lyndon LaRouche
Sep 5, 2006

by Azathoth
Which awful cable news network's coverage should I be watching? Fox, right?

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.
Bayh got wrecked.

Ewan
Sep 29, 2008

Ewan is tired of his reputation as a serious Simon. I'm more of a jokester than you people think. My real name isn't even Ewan, that was a joke it's actually MARTIN! LOL fooled you again, it really is Ewan! Look at that monkey with a big nose, Ewan is so random! XD
Why are BBC calling 68/57 HRC/DJT whereas both NYT and Guardian have 44/51? What are BBC calling that the others aren't?

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

Baby even when I'm dead and gone
You will always be my only one, my only one
When the night is calling
No matter who I become
You will always be my only one, my only one, my only one
When the night is calling

Popular Human posted:

Yeah, but if FL goes Clinton you can pretty much go to bed early

Bae has to be in bed at 7pm because of work tomorrow, so she is really wanting to see FL or Blog NC called so she can expunge that last ounce of doubt and sleep easy

Frijolero
Jan 24, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo

toanoradian posted:

What would happen if Texas goes blue

Republicans turn into Democrats

toanoradian
May 31, 2011

The happiest waffligator
I'd have thought with the choices available in this election, dreams and hopes and beliefs are dead.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

toanoradian posted:

What would happen if Texas goes blue

Imagine an election where California went red. Know how CA is a big chunk of electoral votes but reliable as hell for the Dems?

Texas is the GOP's California. If it goes blue this year it means that the GOP is hosed on a generational scale. Trump may be a historically bad candidate but him losing means Latinx voters are a bloc that is presumably lost to the GOP forever and they don't have enough crackers to close that gap for much longer.

Teddybear
May 16, 2009

Look! A teddybear doll!
It's soooo cute!

With Indiana going red again I don't know if Dems will take senate.

speng31b
May 8, 2010

MrChupon posted:

I know personally I would have felt safe to write in Bernie / vote random leftist 3rd party. I don't claim to speak for everyone but I imagine there would be a bigger contingent of 3rd party lefties than tonight.

I'm pretty drat resolved that I'm not going to let the Democratic railroad me into thinking a Mitt Romney type is so evil that I must come home anymore.. not that I think a Mitt Romney can get through the R primary anymore.

They won't have to railroad you into thinking Mitt Romney is too evil because this election will prove to Rs that a literal insane person can be within a stone's throw of winning, they won't moderate, and the next R candidate will ACTUALLY be that evil. Again.

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

Simiain posted:

I would take 4 years of Trump if it meant Wolf Blitzer got fired

....out of a loving cannon

Somewhere a monkeys paw last finger curls...

Coheed and Camembert
Feb 11, 2012

Stallion Cabana posted:

Broward is something like 12% of the total vote. Palm Beach + Broward + Miami-Dade is about 33%.

Raccooon
Dec 5, 2009

Stallion Cabana posted:

Second biggest county I think after Miami Dade

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/geoffreyvs/status/796157010349846528?s=09

Kumo
Jul 31, 2004

Cup Runneth Over posted:

It will flip wildly as Austin, Houston, and San Antonio come in.

lol

I admire your earnestness.

Tom Guycot
Oct 15, 2008

Chief of Governors

gently caress you evan bayh

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Ewan posted:

Why are BBC calling 68/57 HRC/DJT whereas both NYT and Guardian have 44/51? What are BBC calling that the others aren't?

Non-USA news agencies feel okay with calling states earlier

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.

Ewan posted:

It's 68-67 Clinton right now:
http://www.270towin.com/maps/PoV3Q

I'm keeping track and that map is all the states that have been officially called.

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen

Stallion Cabana posted:

idk, but Broward was one of the hanging chad fuckup counties in 2000.

Acid Haze
Feb 16, 2009

:parrot:

BigRed0427 posted:

Now if Florida does explode, does that mean it had the greatest or worst meth lab ever?

Greatness means people remember your name.

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer
Guys, guys.

What if...

California went Blue?

Crazy, right?!

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

Kumo posted:

lol

I admire your earnestness.

I'm not saying it will go blue, but those are the large Democratic strongholds in the state. As long as it is close, they will make it go blue when their results come in, and then back again.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

Yup Bayh is sunk, only got 56% in Indianapolis. That sucks, Todd Young is loving worthless.

speng31b
May 8, 2010

FAUXTON posted:

Texas is the GOP's California.

That's not true at all. Texas's demographics make going purple and blue a statistical inevitability. California won't go red, ever, unless you count red as the flames from it being on fire when the tech bubble collapses or terrible earthquakes coupled with climate change literally destroy it.

Doctor Butts
May 21, 2002

Overpasses for America.

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

my Leafly app is reporting that prop 2 in FL has passed :420::420::420:

Tom Guycot
Oct 15, 2008

Chief of Governors

is there even an above 0% chance of the democrats taking the senate at this point?

smoobles
Sep 4, 2014

Do cities generally take longer to turn in ballot results? Is there any skewing toward Democrats as reporting finishes?

TACD
Oct 27, 2000

Samurai Sanders posted:

Why is Florida?
We just don't know.

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

Ewan posted:

who cares

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
SOME REALLY TEDIOUS DUMB SHIT THAT SUCKS ASS TO READ ->>
Sweet, Fox news is startin to get anxious AF seeming

OddObserver
Apr 3, 2009

bad boy in the boy band posted:

idk, but Broward was one of the hanging chad fuckup counties in 2000.

Broward has mostly reported. FL isn't looking good :(
Thankfully NC looks much better.

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

ASHERAH DEMANDS I FEAST, I VOTE FOR A FEAST OF FLESH
Hilldawg is gonna win, obviously. But I'm arzy as hell about the 49-51 senate projections going on :ohdear:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sulphuric Asshole
Apr 25, 2003
I really think that people should keep their election signs up, in the same way they leave Christmas lights up until April.

• Locked thread