Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What gun are you going to use in this Call of Duty?
The good one that everyone else uses
Another, different gun
View Results

• Locked thread
Zodack
Aug 3, 2014
It's pretty incredible how lovely the salvage economy is. 25-26 Salvage is a rare drop from boxes. I get +10 - 15 on average from rare boxes. I've gotten big payouts before, but only once or twice.

This coupled with how much Legendary and Epic variants cost is awful.

Plus shotguns suck in this game and it makes me depressed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bonby
Jan 13, 2008

Annoying Dog
I say people keep hoarding the keys until they adress this, they have to make the rewards better.

Zodack
Aug 3, 2014
I honestly should. I feel like if they do, they'll retroactively reward us but it won't be the same if we don't hoard.

On the flip side they make take months to address it and that would be excruciating. They've got their hands full in one regard with that awful FPS drop bug on Xbox one.

Kizurue
Apr 5, 2006

There's somethin' fishy goin' on here...

Zodack posted:

It's pretty incredible how lovely the salvage economy is. 25-26 Salvage is a rare drop from boxes. I get +10 - 15 on average from rare boxes. I've gotten big payouts before, but only once or twice.

This coupled with how much Legendary and Epic variants cost is awful.

Plus shotguns suck in this game and it makes me depressed.

I got 150 some odd salvage from a box last night and it wasn't one of the drops, that was just the bonus.

Zodack
Aug 3, 2014
Yeah - like I said, I've gotten big payouts too. 132 and 200. The other 10+ boxes I've opened have all been 10 - 20, unfortunately.

Mnoba
Jun 24, 2010
I got the epic for the very last sniper rifle, some 14 year old is crying right now. Got the game on PC, almost second prestige and besides lovely lag comp i'm enjoying it.

Knife running with FTL invis might be the most I've had in COD. Just invis behind enemy lines and stab stab stab.

Scuzzywuffit
Feb 5, 2012

Mister Macys posted:

Question for people playing MWR: Is Countdown in the rotation, and can you still target a silo, and make the F-18s fly five feet off the deck?

Countdown isn't out until December, but I really hope that they faithfully recreated the plane glitch.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:
Don't call it a comeback, I've been here for years.

https://www.twitch.tv/mistermacys

Scuzzywuffit
Feb 5, 2012

I'm glad you're back.

Kizurue
Apr 5, 2006

There's somethin' fishy goin' on here...

Mister Macys posted:

Don't call it a comeback, I've been here for years.

https://www.twitch.tv/mistermacys

The level of rage last night was pretty satisfying. I missed you.

numerrik
Jul 15, 2009

Falcon Punch!

I just picked up COD Black Ops 2 from gamestop for the Wii U and it keeps freezing on start up. Is this a known bug? Also, it has what appears to be light cosmetic scratching, but could that cause it? I can't imagine how much misuse it would take to scratch a disk that bad in this day and age.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

BLOPS 2 came out for Wii U??? :confused:

I thought only Ghosts was the only one.

fit em all up in there
Oct 10, 2006

Violencia

venutolo posted:

If you aren't, you can probably setup UPnP to handle ports for you. I'm a nerd and like control, so I forward ports manually. I don't know which of these ports are essential or not, but here are the ports I forwarded to go from a strict NAT to an open NAT:

TCP - 1935, 3480
TCP & UDP - 3074, 3075, 3478, 3479

Is there any guides on how to do those things ? I'm afraid I'm gonna gently caress something up

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

How would the dog wear goggles and even more than that, who makes the goggles?

how much do the orange weapons cost to craft in scrap? Ive been poopsocking the free weekend like a champ but I'm barely up to 1800 scrap, and thats with the 1000 i got from being a moron and preordering the thing. I know the purple guns are 2000 which is crazy, so Im guessing if I want the orange mauler its gonna be like 4000.

also I dunno if I'm just old now but everyone on pc seems to be some kind of insane aimlord. I'm fuckin terrible unless I use a shotgun or an smg tricked out for hipfire. Even then half the time I go in to kill someone and they still have time to turn around and ads and plink 17 rounds perfectly into my face. I don't get it.

juggalo baby coffin fucked around with this message at 08:06 on Nov 7, 2016

TheShrike
Oct 30, 2010

You mechs may have copper wiring to re-route your fear of pain, but I've got nerves of steel.

fit em all up in there posted:

Is there any guides on how to do those things ? I'm afraid I'm gonna gently caress something up

The only way you learn is by loving up and then spending the rest of your weekend fixing computer issues - this is really only great if you are 12 and have all the time in the world, otherwise just make whatever windows firewall settings less strict.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

Done streaming; party died. Good times.

faantastic
Dec 31, 2006

that dude.

Mister Macys posted:

Done streaming; party died. Good times.

I'll be on all afternoon tomorrow playing SnD if anyone's interested on MWR.

IW was a lot oh fun earlier but i see where people don't like the lag comp.

venutolo
Jun 4, 2003

Dinosaur Gum

fit em all up in there posted:

Your best bet is to find your router here and follow the guide. It isn't hard.

Lazyfire
Feb 4, 2006

God saves. Satan Invests

venutolo posted:

Your best bet is to find your router here and follow the guide. It isn't hard.

I have to say that this poo poo doesn't always work. Consoles sometimes react weirdly to router instructions and networks and ISPs and specific game servers all account for NAT stuff differently. I had a moderate NAT in BLOPS 3 and an open one in Destiny.

The answer, most of the time, is to put your console into the DMZ. That will basically always ensure open NAT. If you play games on another console or on a PC this won't work great, though.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

Lazyfire posted:

The answer, most of the time, is to put your console into the DMZ. That will basically always ensure open NAT. If you play games on another console or on a PC this won't work great, though.

This is what I do, and it pretty much has always worked.

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

numerrik posted:

I just picked up COD Black Ops 2 from gamestop for the Wii U and it keeps freezing on start up. Is this a known bug? Also, it has what appears to be light cosmetic scratching, but could that cause it? I can't imagine how much misuse it would take to scratch a disk that bad in this day and age.

Never happened on mine.

Zodack
Aug 3, 2014

FirstPersonShitter posted:

how much do the orange weapons cost to craft in scrap? Ive been poopsocking the free weekend like a champ but I'm barely up to 1800 scrap, and thats with the 1000 i got from being a moron and preordering the thing. I know the purple guns are 2000 which is crazy, so Im guessing if I want the orange mauler its gonna be like 4000.

Purples are 2000, which is up 400 from the 1600 they were in the beta.

Oranges in the beta were 3500, so expect either that or something ridiculous like 4-5k.

orly
Oct 2, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 20 days!

numerrik posted:

that's a known issue if it takes place during the boat mission while you swim ashore: fix: erase your current campaign save and restart from the beginning

I got it for Wii u as well, it feels pretty cool clicking on peoples heads and bodies with a wiimote instead of a mouse or gamepad.

orly
Oct 2, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 20 days!
speaking of black ops 2, I get a similar crash / freeze in boat level on PC, but then the fix is to change my gpu drivers to something ancient, so I think the bo2 pc campaign is effectively dead software at this point :(

numerrik
Jul 15, 2009

Falcon Punch!

orly posted:

that's a known issue if it takes place during the boat mission while you swim ashore: fix: erase your current campaign save and restart from the beginning

I got it for Wii u as well, it feels pretty cool clicking on peoples heads and bodies with a wiimote instead of a mouse or gamepad.

Nah, it was freezing when starting the game. Exchanged it for a copy that works.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

Titanfall 2 is really good guys

Wazzit
Jul 16, 2004

Who wants to play video games?
Yeah but how's Titanfall 2 on the Wii U? I imagine that's the real question everyone has on their mind in this day and age.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

It's 30 fps on Wii U (single player), but the Switch will be a full 60. :getin:

Wazzit
Jul 16, 2004

I can't loving wait to play Titanfall 2 at my local public basketball court at 3am with my fellow Nintendo Switch aficionados after a very questionably hetero friendly sweaty game of B-ball, or hoops as we sometimes like to call it.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I'm Titanfall friends with Amelie, and we do rooftop party pub stomps. :iia:

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

housefly
Sep 11, 2001

Mister Macys posted:

I'm Titanfall friends with Amelie, and we do rooftop party pub stomps. :iia:

I'm glad I wasn't the only one who immediately thought of that movie when she came into the clip.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

You, and most of the internet, honestly.

I've never seen it, just the poster. :ssh:

Wazzit
Jul 16, 2004

Nostalgia4Dicks posted:

Nostalgia4Dicks posted:

Agreed.

Dormammu, I've come to bargain

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

Owns. Please stream this whenever you can

Zodack
Aug 3, 2014
Funny story, if you prestige and use your unlock token on a Rig's Payload and Trait you can spawn in as it but you get no Payload or Trait and are treated as Warfighter for unlock purposes. Guess you gotta "unlock" the Rig at the appropriate level to even use it regardless of the token you spend.

Absolutely ridiculous. On top of that, the lag compensation in my area seems very bad, and I don't think I've been in a full game in 80% of the games I'm in. I just finished an 8-minute 2v2 and IW just will not add any more teammates to sides that lose members. I've gone one 2v6 games before for five, six minutes before we lost miserably. It's embarrassing and frustrating.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

Well, they ruined MWR; you can't detonate C4 by double-tapping reload anymore. The Last Stand kill denying trick doesn't work anymore.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Mister Macys posted:

Well, they ruined MWR; you can't detonate C4 by double-tapping reload anymore. The Last Stand kill denying trick doesn't work anymore.

Are you sure about that? I could have sworn I was exploding C4 with doubletapping the other day.

forpush
Jan 6, 2006

We don't like it when the city light start fading
When the city lights fading then we can't get down
MWR just does not hold up for me. Every game I play is just a boring crouchwalk-fest and the loadouts/unlocks are bewildering to me now. It was great at the time and I love the game but really it was better left in the past. Single player is still superb though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

TMMadman posted:

Are you sure about that? I could have sworn I was exploding C4 with doubletapping the other day.

I tried it not a half hour ago.

• Locked thread