Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

Someone else already posted this but this is pretty much the background music for this election.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_rcmeMxxGYw

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Petey
Nov 26, 2005

For who knows what is good for a person in life, during the few and meaningless days they pass through like a shadow? Who can tell them what will happen under the sun after they are gone?

Enten posted:

There’s been a lot of talk about Clinton trailing in Michigan and Wisconsin. Pennsylvania may be a far bigger problem. Clinton is up by just 4 percentage points, and that lead is slipping as more of the vote comes in from outside the Philadelphia media market. Clinton cannot lose Pennsylvania and win the election.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

MC Fruit Stripe posted:

About what? I'm excited to tell my 10 month old in the morning that we elected the first woman president. Glad that by the time she's old enough to understand that, it won't seem remarkable at all.

I hope you're right. Because right now, you are just going to be hugging her and trying to tell her its going to be all right.

Mendrian
Jan 6, 2013

Punkin Spunkin posted:

Totally saw this coming white people are trash duh
Have you not been following the last 200 years of history
A.) white people are trash
b.) don't. ever. depend. on. white. leftists.

Hey don't look at me I'm not being raaaacist I'm commenting on a CULTURE

Also I may be super high cannot confirm or deny

Speaking as a white leftist, the problem with white leftists, is that they live with other white leftists. I voted for Hilary but that doesn't do poo poo for Texas.

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

*Washington Capitals #1 Fan On DeviantArt*

Meaty Ore posted:

Non-U.S. posters: How soon can we apply for refugee status?

Never, gently caress off and fix your poo poo.

Periodiko
Jan 30, 2005
Uh.

I'm really, really confused, HRC is doing great in PA in the actual vote count. She's up 3 points with 70% of precincts. Why are they saying she's going to lose PA?

What is that "forecast" even for, we're getting actual votes now.

Superrodan
Nov 27, 2007
I can't watch this anymore, I legitimately think it's over and Trump is going to be our president. I think I'm just gonna watch the episodes of Westworld I haven't caught up on and then look at the news in the morning. Stay safe, all.

icantfindaname
Jul 1, 2008

brexit's not gonna end up happening b/c the british courts are sane, and america's going to elect donald j trump as president

Ewan
Sep 29, 2008

Ewan is tired of his reputation as a serious Simon. I'm more of a jokester than you people think. My real name isn't even Ewan, that was a joke it's actually MARTIN! LOL fooled you again, it really is Ewan! Look at that monkey with a big nose, Ewan is so random! XD
Current reporter on MSNBC sounds just like Mr Garrison

Unbelievably Fat Man
Jun 1, 2000

Innocent people. I could never hurt innocent people.

Guy Goodbody posted:

poo poo guys, I think maybe we all misunderstood when that weird lady said "If the Republicans choose Trump as their nominee, a great political party will be destroyed"

Since when are the democrats great?

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
I'm not that old. But I'm 41, so older than some of you probably. And old enough to where I often think that the future is weirder than I thought it would be. But if this happens, I mean. poo poo. poo poo. We'll have a President who has gotten into Twitter fights. Plural. Who has bragged about sexual assault. Who probably doesn't have a real working concept of reality that includes any kind of critical thought or reasoning.

Man. Man.

Lyndon LaRouche
Sep 5, 2006

by Azathoth
No matter what happens, I'm going out for a 2AM bike ride to contemplate my future in America. I also might be doing so under the influence of a bit of alcohol.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

TyrantWD posted:

For those of us in NYC, DC, LA, SF - we will be fine. Good luck to everyone else.

lol no you won't

Mean Bean Machine
May 9, 2008

Only when I breathe.

Baronash posted:

This loving lady on NBC. "He tells it like it is." How is that a qualification?

Actually, people like honest people- They don't like hypocrites who say one thing on TV and another when they're being paid by bankers for their private speeches. Hope this helps. Trump wins!!! Congrats fellow Trumplords

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"
I'm a non-white immigrant and I'm loving terrified right now.

parcs
Nov 20, 2011
I wish I had dual citizenship.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Unless Clinton pulls out a miracle in Michigan, this is over. The moment they call Michigan you can safely turn off your TV and cry.

negromancer
Aug 20, 2014

by FactsAreUseless

Lemming posted:

Nobody let poo poo happen. Nobody was lax. The point is that white people responded to the message of bigotry and hatred and there are too many of them to beat.

The only resolution is for them to die out.

They aren't going to "die out". It's plenty of 18 year old racists still running around excited to vote to oppress everyone not white males.

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain
Can someone explain what Dow Futures is?

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

We are going to make a child rapist and white supremacist the president of the free world.

Petey
Nov 26, 2005

For who knows what is good for a person in life, during the few and meaningless days they pass through like a shadow? Who can tell them what will happen under the sun after they are gone?

Periodiko posted:

I'm really, really confused, HRC is doing great in PA in the actual vote count. She's up 3 points with 70% of precincts. Why are they saying she's going to lose PA?

because, in PA, the remaining votes come predominantly from (strong) Trump country

toanoradian
May 31, 2011

The happiest waffligator

Funky See Funky Do posted:

Yeah, it's an interesting book and I'd say anyone shocked by this election or struggling to understand what/how it happened give it a read. It also won't cheer you up because if he is right then regardless of who wins things don't look good for America in the long term because it is so utterly polarized down party lines.

I don't think any "smart books" are cheerful lately. Oh well.

Axetrain
Sep 14, 2007

This is going to entirely come down to Michigan and Wisconsin.

Squinty
Aug 12, 2007

Iron Lung posted:

Well, this sure is stressful.

I burned through Denial and Anger in record time, skipped Bargaining and Depression, and am now at Acceptance. Trump is not going to end the world - he will be a GOP puppet, and if we survived Bush we'll survive Trump. And maybe the fact that he owes his presidency to Putin will stop us from heading towards a full blown Cold War/WW3 situation.

The Supreme Court is hosed for the foreseeable future though. RIP right to choose.

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

I had a beer once with Stephen Miller and now I like him.

I also tried to ban someone from a Discord for pointing out what an unrelenting shithead I am! I'm even dumb enough to think it worked!
I'm gonna just loving stay in Antarctica if this goes to Trump.

call to action
Jun 10, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
Haha gently caress all you smug urbanite fake progressives

qhat
Jul 6, 2015

GBP up against the USD. Rofl.

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

Tr*ckin' and F*ckin' all the way to tha
T O P

Genocyber posted:

Someone else already posted this but this is pretty much the background music for this election.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_rcmeMxxGYw

i prefer musicals

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ArBmnO4BN8w

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

God damn it, you've got to be kind.
I'm so glad I voted for Clinton. I want to be able to look back on this and say "Goddammit I tried to keep that shitstain out of the White House." With all the amendments and propositions that are on California ballots I've been suffering from voter fatigue.

Not anymore! I'll make drat sure to use my vote every chance I get to help redirect my country away from this idiotic extreme.

Ewan
Sep 29, 2008

Ewan is tired of his reputation as a serious Simon. I'm more of a jokester than you people think. My real name isn't even Ewan, that was a joke it's actually MARTIN! LOL fooled you again, it really is Ewan! Look at that monkey with a big nose, Ewan is so random! XD

Periodiko posted:

What is that "forecast" even for, we're getting actual votes now.
If you click on PA, you can see that the remaining votes are, by NYT predictions, likely to bring in a lot more Trump votes.

http://www.nytimes.com/elections/forecast/president/pennsylvania

Lyndon LaRouche
Sep 5, 2006

by Azathoth
Fox News says Feingold has lost WI Senate.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Also can we drop the goddamn "Arzy" phrase? It's not arzying anymore. It's acknowledging reality.

Petey
Nov 26, 2005

NC to Trump per BI

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

speng31b posted:

Yeah, this is going to keep being a thing now.

I guess we just legitimized the precedent of government agencies openly taking sides in elections. Wheee.

Read up on Hoover, this isn't a new thing. Well maybe it's a little more open this time, but still.

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

*Israeli Government-affiliated poster

RC Cola posted:

Can someone explain what Dow Futures is?

Stock purchases when the stock market is closed.

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug
FOX calling Feingold loss :(

loving Wisconsin

icantfindaname
Jul 1, 2008

Turns out smug contempt for popular politics and mobilization is a bad strategy in a mass democracy

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.
https://twitter.com/beatonna/status/796191143755206656

negromancer
Aug 20, 2014

by FactsAreUseless

precision posted:

I'm not that old. But I'm 41, so older than some of you probably. And old enough to where I often think that the future is weirder than I thought it would be. But if this happens, I mean. poo poo. poo poo. We'll have a President who has gotten into Twitter fights. Plural. Who has bragged about sexual assault. Who probably doesn't have a real working concept of reality that includes any kind of critical thought or reasoning.

Man. Man.

So he's exactly like the people that voted for him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

ImpAtom posted:

You are exactly unskewing poo poo. She's lost. It is over. Our 45th president is Donald Trump. We're the smug-rear end motherfuckers who were so confident in our victory that we let it slip away. We've ruined any chance this country has for progress or recovery and have probably lost abortion, the supreme court, health insurance and anything else. We are irrevocably hosed and you're clinging to a non-existant win because you are too afraid to admit that your smug "she won't lose' predictions had no merit at all.

Lol that you don't know the difference between unskewing polls and waiting until votes come in from cities. I am saying wait til the vote is in before declaring a loss.

FYI, Trump up in MI by 40k, with half of Wayne county (where Clinton has 100k lead), 90% of Washtenaw left to come in (where she's already up 30k). She can still lose MI but she hasn't yet.

• Locked thread