Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

cheetah7071 posted:

Isn't bonemarang a ground type move

this is why he changed type

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Funkmaster General
Sep 13, 2008

Hey, man, I distinctly remember this being an episode of Spongebob. :colbert:

Calaveron posted:

Please support your local game maker

Already bought 'em both. Thanks for your concern.

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Empress Brosephine posted:

This tutorial has gone on for more than two hours. How is there still not a option to skip all this poo poo

The whole first island is a tutorial. 1 Kahuna and 1 Trial.

HoneyBoy
Oct 12, 2012

get murked son

Calaveron posted:

lol if you think anyone with the ROM and posting leaks etc. isn't still going to immediately buy the game on release day

LemonLimeTime
May 30, 2011

I don't have low self-esteem. I have low esteem for everyone else.

Dehry posted:

Yaaaay Kingdom Hearts 2 all over again! :marc:

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Has anyone else been listening to the music that has been leaking? All the stuff I've listened to has been extremely good.

HoneyBoy
Oct 12, 2012

get murked son

Dehry posted:

That sounds loving retarded

I know a lot of people have been clamoring for difficulty modes but uh, give me a skip mode or something. I don't need to be taught how to catch a Pokemon for the 20th time and I don't need to be taught about potions etc.

Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

Unite: MASH!!
~They've got the bad guys on the run!~

Electric Phantasm posted:

Here's a video of Primarina's Z-move with the other two as well
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2OqFhbzI3OQ&feature=youtu.be

It's a Spirit Bomb!!!

Decidueye's kind of looks dull in comparison to the other two, doesn't it?

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Calaveron posted:

i dont think minnesota has any video game makers

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

does arcanine get burn up

because hitting a 195 bp move and then getting stab extremespeed is pretty cool

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
It was like 1 hour before I even got to do a single battle, and like I said, up to hour 2 and counting and it's still full on tutorial. gently caress this.

The Big Whoop
Oct 12, 2012

Learning Disabilities: Cat Edition
I bought both versions. Ayup.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

It was like 1 hour before I even got to do a single battle, and like I said, up to hour 2 and counting and it's still full on tutorial. gently caress this.

this loving sucks

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
its what you'd expect nintendo to gently caress up; they have this great 3d engine and instead they spend on some childrens cartoon show poo poo. Aloha cousin!!! WHO CARES?!?!?!? I JUST WANT TO PLAY THE GAME ARGHHH

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
I've been playing what I think normally and it took over 4 hours to get off the first island. I'm just loving around now learning where the parts of the demo actually came from.

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
It reminds me heavily of Metal Gear Solid 4, especially in this early part. It's "watch a cutscene" then it lets you think the game is ready to finally be played and you get full control of yoru character until you run like 50 feet off screen and it's another pointless cutscene and repeat this for that first two hours

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Ruggington posted:

does arcanine get burn up

because hitting a 195 bp move and then getting stab extremespeed is pretty cool

do we know it turns them into normal types?

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.

Wait what? This is terrible, what were they thinking?

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

mandatory lesbian posted:

I've heard some people say normal and other people say it becomes typeless. only time will tell.

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

mandatory lesbian posted:

If Roost is of any indication, it would indeed become pure normal.

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
This is how it went:

You watch a cutscene about Aloha Island
Your mom tells Meowth to wake you up (Meowth is real cute and he shouldve been the star of this game tbh)
You wake up
You go down stairs, wait for it to load
You talk to your mom
You talk to the professor
You go back through two loading screens to your room
Go back through the two loading screens to outside
Follow the proffesor on a walk which takes like 10 minutes with 0 battles
The professor brings you to a town to look for the Big Kahuna (seriously...this game is vaguely racist)
You look all around for him
You find some anime girl
You follow anime girl into a loading screen
you talk to anime girl (5 mins)
you save anime girls pokemon by NOT BATTLING
watch a 5 minute cutscene
talk to anime girl
go through cutscene
talk to professor
cutscene
talk to big kahuna
meet rival
pick your first pokemon
talk to rival
talk to professor
talk to kahuna
battle rival
first battle

Like even if you put 2 minutes on each of those tasks and I definitely skipped some, you have atleast a half hour.

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

mabels big day posted:

I've heard some people say normal and other people say it becomes typeless. only time will tell.

Typeless stopped being a thing when they killed ???

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

actually, Type:Null was introduced this generation

FairyNuff
Jan 22, 2012

So with all the datamined, is there a definitive list of version exclusive pokemon and UB?

Decus
Feb 24, 2013

Geokinesis posted:

So with all the datamined, is there a definitive list of version exclusive pokemon and UB?

Only new info on that front seems to be Vulpix is Sun, Sandshrew is Moon. Everything else was either confirmed or heavily implied by the boxes previously.

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Decus posted:

Only new info on that front seems to be Vulpix is Sun, Sandshrew is Moon. Everything else was either confirmed or heavily implied by the boxes previously.

gently caress

I was so set on grass starter but Wrassle Cat is so god drat cool

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Decus posted:

Vulpix is Sun

I have made a mistake

Funkmaster General
Sep 13, 2008

Playing through the game pretty slowly, so this may be old news, but wild Eevees on route 4.

Forsythia
Jan 28, 2007

You want bad advice?

Anything is okay if you don't get caught!

... I hope this helps!
That flying/steel ultra beast has an odd bamboo + rocket ship theme and I think I've realized what its deal is.

Nessa
Dec 15, 2008

Decus posted:

I have made the correct choice. Day wolf and Vulpix.

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Surf is replaced with riding on a chair on a Lapras. Looks like Sharpedo comes later.

Speedrunners are going to hate this.

Decus
Feb 24, 2013
I too went with Sun, mostly because I determined that the hours I'll end up playing during the most would have more time variety in Sun.

Funkmaster General
Sep 13, 2008

For all the people asking about the daycare, it's on Paniola Ranch, one and a half routes into the second island.

edit: They still are completely baffled by the "mysterious" concept of Pokemon eggs, despite the fact that the people who run it literally refer to themselves as Pokemon breeders.

Funkmaster General fucked around with this message at 06:35 on Nov 9, 2016

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Lana seems very focused on finding a swimmer boyfriend.

E: her trial is also just swim to the middle of a lake three times after following her. Surf and Fishing rod are the rewards.

Dehry fucked around with this message at 06:51 on Nov 9, 2016

Funkmaster General
Sep 13, 2008

Wait, the lady at the daycare counter just told me that pokemon you leave at the daycare will not gain any levels over time, so it's 100% only for breeding now. And yet still they don't know where eggs come from.

Desperate Character
Apr 13, 2009

Funkmaster General posted:

Wait, the lady at the daycare counter just told me that pokemon you leave at the daycare will not gain any levels over time, so it's 100% only for breeding now. And yet still they don't know where eggs come from.

:rip: having level 100 base stage pokemon (getting a shiny archen took me a looooooooooong time)

dungeon cousin
Nov 26, 2012

woop woop
loop loop

Like they're gonna tell some random ten year old where babies come from.

Decus
Feb 24, 2013

dungeon cousin posted:

Like they're gonna tell some random ten year old where babies come from.

I don't think that's the criticism here. It's that they aren't even giving a stork-like answer. It'd be like if parents everywhere told their toddlers that they haven't a single clue how babies are made and not even doctors know!

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

There's no evidence supporting any one theory

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crosspeice
Aug 9, 2013

http://imgur.com/a/c0l7E

Link to all the VS trainer models, so spoilers abound, as well as repeats. It also has the text graphics for all the Z-Moves.

Doesn't include trainers with full on animations, like Hau and Gladion, for example.