Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
http://www.psp-tv.com/r/NiteCrew
This poll is closed.
500562 49.92%
139 0.01%
153 0.02%
500888 49.95%
940 0.09%
Total: 1002682 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
OAquinas
Jan 27, 2008

Biden has sat immobile on the Iron Throne of America. He is the Master of Malarkey by the will of the gods, and master of a million votes by the might of his inexhaustible calamari.
Let's look at the Democratic position:

Presidency: gone
Senate: a strong minority, but they'll be creamed in 2 years
House: Toothless minority
Supreme Court: Hard-right for 10-20 years
Governors: 30% and falling
State legislatures: even fewer
State parties: outside of CA, dumpster fires all around

The one thing that's been holding them together is the Presidency and a good showing in the US Senate. That's gone. They're a rump party.

Sure, the Republicans died and rebranded as essentially the Norsefire party, but they're slaying in every single election.

How can the dems rebuild from here? I can't see it. They don't even have a minor league to pull up people from.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!
When does Boosted get his mod powers over C-spam?

Tiler Kiwi
Feb 26, 2011
i blame toxic masculinity, tbh, above much else.

so many men buy into trumps utterly insecure posturing as "strength".

Dick Milhous Rock!
Aug 9, 1974

:nixon::nixon::nixon::nixon::nixon::nixon::nixon::nixon:

:nixon::nixon::nixon::nixon::nixon::nixon::nixon::nixon:
Good night, nite crew.

See you on the other side of the Great Filter.

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib
voters who have the power to decide the next decade of politics, one of the most important, perhaps THE most important in all of human history!!!! you are poo poo and should be exterminated!!!

why didn't they vote for slay queen?

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

Blitz7x posted:

Do the Democrats have any friction to prevent anything in the next 2 years or is it a well lubed transition to the right

completely hosed.

Typo
Aug 19, 2009

Chernigov Military Aviation Lyceum
The Fighting Slowpokes

Nostalgia4Infinity posted:

I'm going to say it and I'm going to get pilloried but liberals really need to rethink the strategy of looking down our noses at poor rural white folks because they made this happen.

lol that's not gonna happen, liberals will just convince themselves that demographic changes will fix everything

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

I'm going to say it and I'm going to get pilloried but liberals really need to rethink the strategy of looking down our noses at poor rural white folks because they made this happen.

I've been saying that since tea party happened

slave to my cravings
Mar 1, 2007

Got my mind on doritos and doritos on my mind.
i mean i honestly wonder about the future of the democratic party if white people can consistently turn out to vote like this, it literally forces them to be winning in the polls by 12 points

Pizza Segregationist
Jul 18, 2006

maybe trump will resign palin style when the job gets too hard

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

that's what about half this thread is already repeating dog, i don't think you'll get piled on much for it

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

It's how her species communicates

So when does my kids' Medicaid coverage expire?

breaklaw
May 12, 2008
Warren, Bernie and Hillary are all too old for 2020. They will try and find some handsome Latino and try with everything they've got to make a Hispanic Obama happen.

Von Sloneker
Jul 6, 2009

as if all this was something more
than another footnote on a postcard from nowhere,
another chapter in the handbook for exercises in futility
Corey on CNN: Donald Trump won because he eats at McDonald's

babypolis
Nov 4, 2009

Tiler Kiwi posted:

i don't want to stop posting. it's the only thing keeping me from really thinking about this poo poo.

hell, same

i dont want to go to bed because tomorrow this will all be real and not a horrible nightmare i will soon wake up from

blugu64
Jul 17, 2006

Do you realize that fluoridation is the most monstrously conceived and dangerous communist plot we have ever had to face?
Make BOOSTED Great Again!!

Iodised QQ
Jul 23, 2004

pathetic little tramp posted:

Contacted my Canadian friend. She's offered to marry me. Don't know if it's worth staying here to fix this

does she have a more attractive sister who would be interested in throwing down the same offer to a random SA poster

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade

Kurtofan posted:

Time to pull out those canadian patches boy, im liable to do bad things if i see an american in paris

CrazyLittle
Sep 11, 2001

Clapping Larry

So did a significantly large number of women and POC, so it's not just white folks who voted Trump.

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

We've been saying that forever! No one loving listens!

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

Oh well at least Keith Ellison is still my Congressman.

Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

"Ah," Ratz had said, at last, "the artiste."
we can still ban quidam vator though right

Winkie01
Nov 28, 2004

OAquinas posted:

How can the dems rebuild from here? I can't see it. They don't even have a minor league to pull up people from.

the GOP didn't after 2008

ClassActionFursuit
Mar 15, 2006

Blitz7x posted:

Do the Democrats have any friction to prevent anything in the next 2 years or is it a well lubed transition to the right

Given that there were many, many thinkpieces about how the Dems were as divided as the GOP that were loudly shouted down after the primaries were over, what do you think?

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib

blue squares posted:

suck your own dick you dumb gently caress

you lost because you were #WithHer

Gullible piece of poo poo

Glimm
Jul 27, 2005

Time is only gonna pass you by

You're right but right now all I can think about is how stupid those loving idiot racists are. God drat rural America.

Tiler Kiwi
Feb 26, 2011
who wants a cspam let's play of Liberal Crime Squad

SuperMarrio
Mar 26, 2005

Those who live by capitalism must be prepared to die by it.

We now live in the dumbest country. Sorry, rest of the civilized world

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

ANY GOOD OPINIONS THIS POSTER CLAIMS TO HAVE ARE JUST PROOF THAT BULLYING WORKS
Young Orc
When was the last time conservatives had this much control?

Tweet Me Balls
Apr 14, 2009

I'm going to pray that my inevitable death sends my consciousness rocketing to one of the good timelines Zero Escape style.

Normie Chomsky
Apr 10, 2008

Typo posted:

lol if you think this will happen

if Bernie/Warren make a fight for it maybe, but the dems are gonna convince themselves it's just Clinton, scour her from the party and bring back the same platform in 2020

yeah p much

it's almost as if the democratic party establishment have a vested interest in keeping their positions/power and choose lovely neoliberal policies because it's benefitted them so far

mannerup
Jan 11, 2004

♬ I Know You're Dying Trying To Figure Me Out♬

♬My Name's On The Tip Of Your Tongue Keep Running Your Mouth♬

♬You Want The Recipe But Can't Handle My Sound My Sound My Sound♬

♬No Matter What You Do Im Gonna Get It Without Ya♬

♬ I Know You Ain't Used To A Female Alpha♬
https://twitter.com/NBCNightlyNews/status/796239935862927360

Typo
Aug 19, 2009

Chernigov Military Aviation Lyceum
The Fighting Slowpokes

OAquinas posted:

Let's look at the Democratic position:

Presidency: gone
Senate: a strong minority, but they'll be creamed in 2 years
House: Toothless minority
Supreme Court: Hard-right for 10-20 years
Governors: 30% and falling
State legislatures: even fewer
State parties: outside of CA, dumpster fires all around

The one thing that's been holding them together is the Presidency and a good showing in the US Senate. That's gone. They're a rump party.

Sure, the Republicans died and rebranded as essentially the Norsefire party, but they're slaying in every single election.

to be fair this is literally the exact position they would be in given another couple years anyway

SirJohnnyMcDonald
Oct 24, 2010

by exmarx

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

https://twitter.com/AFP/status/796239352166776832

https://twitter.com/chrislhayes/status/796239784171728900

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Like I'm trying really hard to summon my irony shie!d right now but it's really unfathomable how disastrous the next four years will be, and perhaps much longer than that.

Oiled and Ready
Oct 11, 2004

He wished it could be as respectable and orthodox as spying. But somehow in his hands the traditional tools and attitudes were always employed toward mean ends: cloak for a laundry sack, dagger to peel potatoes, dossiers to fill up dead Sunday afternoons ...
South Park tomorrow should be a treat

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Its not just looking down at them though, Bernie / Hillary policies benefit them way better than Trump's tax plan / economics do. The problem is they're all subscribed to the right-wing media feed which just spews the same bullshit over and over and over and you get so locked into it, even 'facts' won't dissuade you. So they vote against their own best interests.

GonadTheBallbarian
Jul 23, 2007

Blitz7x posted:

Guess.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
i'm still trying to figure out; how did this happen?

• Locked thread