Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ein cooler Typ
Nov 26, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

RatHat posted:

Saturday or do it like Canada and make employers give their employees enough time to go vote. Or the easiest option: make it a holiday.

there's college football on Saturday tho

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

Then just don't vote, problem solved.

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

RatHat posted:

Saturday or do it like Canada and make employers give their employees enough time to go vote. Or the easiest option: make it a holiday.

Technically, an employer in the US can't punish you for going to vote.

You just won't get paid for the hours you are off voting(and it does take hours), and that is punishment enough for most people.

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

We Have A Bow And We Wish To Use It

there wolf lmao posted:

Crosspost from the shaudenfreude thread courtesy of Wanamingo
From the election thread

Snatch Duster posted:

EDIT: Does Patreon and Imgur count for social media? I think so.
PATREON NO

Field Mousepad
Mar 21, 2010
BAE

Jackard posted:

PATREON NO

It was only a matter of time my friend.

Dreddout
Oct 1, 2015

You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you.

Jackard posted:

From the election thread

He doesn't have to worry, you can't practically decrease from 0 in percentages!

goose willis
Jun 14, 2015

Get ready for teh wacky laughz0r!

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

It's not a ghost, but probably a 'living corpse'. The 'living dead' with a hell of a lot of bloodlust...
I'm really enjoying the reflections of his phone selfie in his glasses

Olive! has a new favorite as of 04:21 on Nov 9, 2016

dijon du jour
Mar 27, 2013

I'm shy

Judging by the shape of it, he could probably gently caress her with his face.

goose willis
Jun 14, 2015

Get ready for teh wacky laughz0r!

Field Mousepad
Mar 21, 2010
BAE
8/10 on what scale though?

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

It's not a ghost, but probably a 'living corpse'. The 'living dead' with a hell of a lot of bloodlust...
Must be either 8 or 10 years old

Guest2553
Aug 3, 2012

I'm glad I don't have facebook so I don't have to read the smug thoughts of useful idiots who wanted a trump presidency :smithicide:

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Guest2553 posted:

I'm glad I don't have facebook so I don't have to read the smug thoughts of useful idiots who wanted a trump presidency :smithicide:

The unfollow button is the best thing that ever happened. Everyone gets a 3 strike policy and if they're decent people who just have a bad, repeated viewpoint about things for whatever reason I just take it out of my feed. My own naive bliss.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

I'm watching some friendships come to an end, live on Facebook. I don't live in the US.

Guest2553
Aug 3, 2012

Picnic Princess posted:

I'm watching some friendships come to an end, live on Facebook. I don't live in the US.

I'm already doing a mental inventory of acquaintances that were mostly okay who have either turned into woefully ignorant and regressives or finally feel safe to say what they really think. I work in a very patriarchal and conservatively aligned career field that's been slowly eating away at me, and this will only hasten that process.

All the more reason to go outside, I guess (not least of all because a lot less nature will probably exist in a few years after the limitless potential for damage a republican controlled house/senate/presidency can cause).

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?
USA NO

Deceitful Penguin
Feb 16, 2011

On this thread: https://www.facebook.com/feministing/posts/10154611055452492?comment_id=10154611171417492&notif_t=like&notif_id=1478669304088633

Btw, how about we go for "AMERICA NO" for the next title, ahahaha

/\ /\

yeah that guy gets it

hyper from Pixie Sticks
Sep 28, 2004

Ein cooler Typ posted:

what day would be better

it can't be on the weekend because there's football

The UK does it on Thursdays. That way when we elect the wrong people there's only one day of work to get through before we can start drinking.

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?
At least people in california can now legally smoke weed about it?

Rondette
Nov 4, 2009

Your friendly neighbourhood Postie.

Grimey Drawer

Guest2553 posted:

I'm already doing a mental inventory of acquaintances that were mostly okay who have either turned into woefully ignorant and regressives or finally feel safe to say what they really think. I work in a very patriarchal and conservatively aligned career field that's been slowly eating away at me, and this will only hasten that process.

All the more reason to go outside, I guess (not least of all because a lot less nature will probably exist in a few years after the limitless potential for damage a republican controlled house/senate/presidency can cause).

If what happened after the Brexit vote over here is any indication, a Trump result will give carte blanche to anyone who voted for him to be openly hostile to anyone they consider a minority/immigrant. And you guys have guns.

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost
What did you do, America?

AMERICA WHAT DID YOU DOOOO

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?
Your av text is pretty appropriate :v:

Cumslut1895
Feb 18, 2015

by FactsAreUseless
Now we are all sons of cucks.

M_Sinistrari
Sep 5, 2008

Do you like scary movies?

My facebook's having a meltdown complete with people posting suicide hotline numbers.

Plom Bar
Jun 5, 2004

hardest time i ever done :(
Look at what you loving idiots did

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.
USA NO

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

How 'bout them hawks news huh!
Oh for fucks sake. Really? You care more about emails than actual loving ignorance? Whatever America, you used to be cool.

ContinuityNewTimes
Dec 30, 2010

Я выдуман напрочь

BigglesSWE posted:

Oh for fucks sake. Really? You care more about emails than actual loving ignorance? Whatever America, you used to be cool.

Actually that's not true

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

The emails are the socially acceptable excuse, it's all down to self preservation.

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

BigglesSWE posted:

america was nvr cool

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

How 'bout them hawks news huh!
It was coolish during Obama and his universal healthcareish program. But who the gently caress wants to have a better country, amirite?

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.
Thank you IOSM for not being like GBS right now. It's nice to have a calm place to browse at.

hackbunny
Jul 22, 2007

I haven't been on SA for years but the person who gave me my previous av as a joke felt guilty for doing so and decided to get me a non-shitty av

Ein cooler Typ posted:

what day would be better

it can't be on the weekend because there's football

In Italy it's usually Saturday, Sunday and early Monday morning. Just Sunday for some elections. We moved football :v:

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

:frogsiren:
Brexit and President Trump in the same year, what a world.

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.
We are now living in the alt-right nightmare parallel universe.

Terrible Opinions
Oct 18, 2013

BigglesSWE posted:

It was coolish during Obama and his universal healthcareish program. But who the gently caress wants to have a better country, amirite?
I think you mean the make insurance companies accept everyone but treat them shittier program. There was no wiff of real universal healthcare.

Xen Tricks
Nov 4, 2010
I am not looking forward to the fruit this thread will bear tomorrow :suicide:

Manic X
Jul 1, 2015

:britain:

Judge Tesla posted:

Brexit and President Trump in the same year, what a world.

Now all we need is the collapse of the Paris Agreement and then the world is truly doomed.

Apparently, that will be one of the things on the agenda.

http://qz.com/832090/trump-has-vowed-to-yank-the-us-from-the-global-climate-pact-yes-he-can-do-it/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hackbunny
Jul 22, 2007

I haven't been on SA for years but the person who gave me my previous av as a joke felt guilty for doing so and decided to get me a non-shitty av
Friend of my dad's on Facebook: FRANCE, CIVIL WAR IS NIGH BUT OUR GOVERNMENT CENSORS THE PRESS (link to one of those clickbait hoax websites. "Our" government meaning Italy)
My dad: I checked Liberation and aside from an article on a demonstration by a few hundred people I found nothing about this whole matter. How come on social media all hoaxes take hold and no one bothers to check before clicking a news item?

Inordinately proud of you dad :allears: