Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
http://www.psp-tv.com/r/NiteCrew
This poll is closed.
500562 49.92%
139 0.01%
153 0.02%
500888 49.95%
940 0.09%
Total: 1002682 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Brannock posted:

Wow turns out nominating the wife of a former national leader isn't a good idea

I didn't call this naked nepotism out 18 months ago at all no sirree

Congrats on calling it. Feels good, huh.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

lol katy tur thinks the general election is still on

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

Living in a hateful world sending me straight to Heaven

rear end cobra posted:

she really should have conceded tonight

Yeah...

This whole thing is really surreal.

FourLeaf
Dec 2, 2011

Corny posted:

where the gently caress do we go from here?

to hell

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib

Gyges posted:

It does loving not.

ClassActionFursuit
Mar 15, 2006

Nichael posted:

I suppose so but we'll see.

You're right, but I think it was difficult to foresee just how awful the American public is. The lesson here is to abandon civility, kindness, intellectualism, and cooperation. The Democrats should campaign on being loudmouthed, idiots, who don't use casual bigotry to incite the KKK.

Name one American candidate who had no enthusiastic base but won solely because of how horrible their opponent was known to be? I can think of several who ran against unpopular opponents but because their message was solely "Get a load of this guy" could not win

The fact is that those many of those same "bigots" who elected Donald Trump also elected Barack Obama twice. While it might be that America is just full of bigots, couldn't it also be that there are some who are not bigots but also just did not like Hillary? Isn't it possible that maybe, just maybe, a candidate with support of their own could have swayed them not to vote against someone as awful as Trump but to actually vote for them?

This is 100% a matter of Hillary being a terrible candidate. She had no positions of any kind (Third Way Democrat) and she was shown to be corrupt and lying most of the time. She voted for the Iraq War. Her surrogates were shown to have plotted against her democratic opponent in their roles with the party. Her supporters alienated young voters who supported her opponent in the primaries and her party's other key bloc, black voters, she had called "superpredators". Her husband was in power when mandatory minimum sentencing, a key factor in the systematic destruction of the black family, was instituted. He was also responsible for getting NAFTA passed which coincidentally destroyed Michigan, Ohio, and Pennsylvania's middle class (do those states sound familiar?). So there went the union vote. And after all of that, did you seriously expect that there was going to be enthusiastic support just because the other guy's terrible?

Lest we forget, all the other Republicans are equally as terrible. You still have to give the left a reason to support you.

Yudo
May 15, 2003

anime was right posted:

tulsi gabbard served in iraq, is a minority, basically agrees with bernie on 99% of poo poo, is charismatic, and young.

unless theres a big scandal stewing somewhere, she's a good bet.

does she take millions of dollars from big banks? because if she doesn't she is a no go in today's democratic party!

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene

crazy cloud posted:

Directly to hell, do not pass go, do not collect 200 bitcoin

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib

rear end cobra posted:

she really should have conceded tonight

Do you not remember 2008 and this worthless remora refusing to concede until the very last moment?

crazy cloud
Nov 7, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Lipstick Apathy

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.

Pick posted:

So here is my question: what does improve when you get isolationism and nationalism? For whom?

That's a real question. Like, don't worry about couching it. Owners of capital, I assume?

To be honest, I think women's rights will remain in relative stasis, i.e. bad. Abortion might get worse but I'm not sure if wage gap and etc. will be especially affected, just stymied.

Basically, isolationism and nationalism tends to improve nothing and a build up of it lead to the first world war.

XK
Jul 9, 2001

Star Citizen is everywhere. It is all around us. Even now, in this very room. You can see it's fidelity when you look out your window or when you watch youtube

Who has to scrape all the "I Voted" stickers off Susan B. Anthony's grave stone?

kaleedity
Feb 27, 2016

Pick posted:

So here is my question: what does improve when you get isolationism and nationalism? For whom?

That's a real question. Like, don't worry about couching it. Owners of capital, I assume?

To be honest, I think women's rights will remain in relative stasis, i.e. bad. Abortion might get worse but I'm not sure if wage gap and etc. will be especially affected, just stymied.

uhh can you explain to me how a republican controlled sc. congress, and pres won't basically make c-sections illegal

I mean the guy talked about it in a national presidential debate

slave to my cravings
Mar 1, 2007

Got my mind on doritos and doritos on my mind.
in fairness the republicans somehow did everything opposite of their 2012 self assessment and somehow won amazing

papersack
Jul 27, 2003

She should have split the difference and went with Sanders as VP. Kaine was a lousy pick.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
I'm getting banned anyway

When Hillary Clinton dies I am going to laugh. Cause she loving lost to the one person who was supposed to be the worst presidential candidate in history. She lost to that. Just loving wow.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jgflCE7zRpc

I will always hate the party I vote for

Joe 30330
Dec 20, 2007

"We have this notion that if you're poor, you cannot do it. Poor kids are just as bright and just as talented as white kids."

As the audience reluctantly began to applaud during the silence, Biden tried to fix his remarks.

"Wealthy kids, black kids, Asian kids -- no, I really mean it." Biden said.

XK posted:

Who has to scrape all the "I Voted" stickers off Susan B. Anthony's grave stone?

You

The SituAsian
Oct 29, 2006

I'm a mess in distress
But we're still the best dressed

gently caress I can't even get away from @DAMOTHERFUCKINSHAREZONE on here; this truly is the worst of day(s)

Tingfinder
Oct 21, 2013
Holy loving poo poo America, never go full Trump.

This probably means more war, hysteria, ignorance, sensationalism and a increasing downward slide towards fascism. That would likely happen regardless.

For those who are thinking that Bernie as a primary candidate would be different, he would simply have been lambasted as a communist like Corbyn was in the UK, so i doubt that'd be better, even thought he was the most reasonable candidate.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Covok posted:

Basically, isolationism and nationalism tends to improve nothing and a build up of it lead to the first world war.

That was my general impression.

Proust Malone
Apr 4, 2008

Gyges posted:

If we're calling poo poo, I want to claim uncertainty in the polls due to the effect of the gutting of the civil rights act. Called that poo poo months ago.

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

really hope all yall get your pointing fingers out of your system by the time president trump actually starts doing things

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

I think if any information can be gleaned from this it's that Clinton massively underestimated the coalition of working class whites that helped Obama get elected and probably poured too many resources into AA + latino voters to carry the coalition. But who cares about that at this point, it's like studying the fall of Rome. It's all hosed.

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene

XK posted:

she would have voted for trump

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

slave to my cravings posted:

in fairness the republicans somehow did everything opposite of their 2012 self assessment and somehow won amazing

They Bill Kristol'd their way into the Presidency.

mannerup
Jan 11, 2004

♬ I Know You're Dying Trying To Figure Me Out♬

♬My Name's On The Tip Of Your Tongue Keep Running Your Mouth♬

♬You Want The Recipe But Can't Handle My Sound My Sound My Sound♬

♬No Matter What You Do Im Gonna Get It Without Ya♬

♬ I Know You Ain't Used To A Female Alpha♬
https://twitter.com/ZekeJMiller/status/796270771488387072

ass cobra
May 28, 2004

by Azathoth
she didn't get the obama coalition to turn out, shitheads actively turned out for djt

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene

The SituAsian posted:

gently caress I can't even get away from @DAMOTHERFUCKINSHAREZONE on here; this truly is the worst of day(s)

one sec let me find a nice and spicy xkcd

Corny
Feb 18, 2006

i am scared

FourLeaf posted:

yeah it's incredibly shameful and i feel very bad for her even though i am also angry at her

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

at this point I don't want to hear a god drat word she has to say for herself

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

exquisite tea posted:

I think if any information can be gleaned from this it's that Clinton massively underestimated the coalition of working class whites that helped Obama get elected and probably poured too many resources into AA + latino voters to carry the coalition. But who cares about that at this point, it's like studying the fall of Rome. It's all hosed.

Well, it's all 20/20 hindsight. Trump's campaign thought that they had lost. If anyone had seen this coming they'd have done things differently on both sides.

Idiot Kicker
Jun 13, 2007
Man I should have written in Gabbard. SAVE_US.X29

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Nobody wants to see her.

Oiled and Ready
Oct 11, 2004

He wished it could be as respectable and orthodox as spying. But somehow in his hands the traditional tools and attitudes were always employed toward mean ends: cloak for a laundry sack, dagger to peel potatoes, dossiers to fill up dead Sunday afternoons ...

Nonsense posted:

lol katy tur thinks the general election is still on

katy tur is hereby innocent of not comprehending what is going on because the man who specifically called her out as a terrible person as recently as this week has just been elected President of the United States

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.
The fall of the west is immediate as is King Trump. We will soon be free!

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

Bear Retrieval Unit posted:

We warned you about Clintons. We told you dog! We told you abou Clintons.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

slave to my cravings posted:

Running on racism and paranoia cannot only win a presidential election but win states that haven't gone Republican in 24 years lmao.

mannerup
Jan 11, 2004

♬ I Know You're Dying Trying To Figure Me Out♬

♬My Name's On The Tip Of Your Tongue Keep Running Your Mouth♬

♬You Want The Recipe But Can't Handle My Sound My Sound My Sound♬

♬No Matter What You Do Im Gonna Get It Without Ya♬

♬ I Know You Ain't Used To A Female Alpha♬
https://twitter.com/maxseddon/status/796270889033723904

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK
Congratulations England, you're no longer the shittiest democracy in 2016. Guess we're even for 1776 now, right?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nairbo
Jan 2, 2005
Even though I'm a really liberal Canadian I absolutely could not stand Rachel Maddow's show for the last few weeks. She was exceptionally partisan, sometimes for legitimate reasons but other times she'd completely ignore legitimate concerns over Hillary. It felt like a show put together by the DNC for the DNC

I kind of want to watch it tomorrow now. It was enjoyable sometimes before the primaries

• Locked thread