Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
http://www.psp-tv.com/r/NiteCrew
This poll is closed.
500562 49.92%
139 0.01%
153 0.02%
500888 49.95%
940 0.09%
Total: 1002682 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Montasque posted:

Here's how this happened:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9X6gt327huo
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k8TwRmX6zs4

This is a super villain's origin story.

Thanks Obama

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yudo
May 15, 2003

lost whitehouse. lost senate. lost house. DNC 2016: All is well.

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

Pick posted:

She made the moves that the numbers projected were the right moves. That's all you can really do, and I'm not sure she could have pulled the working-class white vote, period. And Donald Trump was only able to pull it by lying in ways that will bite his legacy in the rear end, but he doesn't care because he does not understand that this will happen.

youre right, she probably couldnt have pulled those votes, making the first not smart thing she did to run for president

team overhead smash
Sep 2, 2006

Team-Forest-Tree-Dog:
Smashing your way into our hearts one skylight at a time

Pick posted:

She made the moves that the numbers projected were the right moves. That's all you can really do, and I'm not sure she could have pulled the working-class white vote, period. And Donald Trump was only able to pull it by lying in ways that will bite his legacy in the rear end, but he doesn't care because he does not understand that this will happen.

You're assuming his legacy will be based on reality. Winners write the history books.

Trash Trick
Apr 17, 2014

president trump

ClassActionFursuit
Mar 15, 2006

Pick posted:

DLC Third Way Democrats love to follow polls but maybe the electorate would prefer someone with principles rather than polls WELP WE'LL NEVER KNOW

loving going with what the polls say is why she voted for the Iraq war instead of having a spine

kaleedity
Feb 27, 2016

so with the big name cabinet personnel named and such, who gets to be the next cheney/haliburton?

slave to my cravings
Mar 1, 2007

Got my mind on doritos and doritos on my mind.
martin o malley
corey booker
some other no name democrat senator from connecticut or something

2020 prospects lookin good

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Pick posted:

Or the numbers, pollsters and professional political operatives never had a clue what they were doing, and the vaunted Obama machine was merely a waxwork that got hyped ... when fundamentally it was his personality that carried the day.

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

FourLeaf posted:

one of the rare times it's better to be black :gbsmith:

i'm mexican and my grandma's a huge fox news watcher :smith:

luckily it's mostly just her and her husband, the rest of us just tell them to not talk politics during the holidays cause it'll start poo poo

VirtualStranger
Aug 20, 2012

:lol:
Hillary didn't even show up to talk to her supporters last night after they suffered a devastating loss. Just left them there to wallow in their misery.

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

Pick posted:

Who cares about legacy when you're president and the other person isn't

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.

Yudo posted:

lost senate. lost house. DNC 2016: All is well.

You can't lose something you never had.

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

sit on my Facebook posted:

You guys can try to make it all about racism, that's the easy answer because there certainly is a lot of that going on and it doesn't make you rethink your philosophy at all. But downplaying the economic and political disenfranchisement that led to this election and ignoring the very real concerns of the people who just crushed American progressivism out of nowhere is only going to lead to more defeats

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK
It's unconscionable that she lost to Donald J. Trump. Anyone could be him.

We should have nominated the guy who couldn't even beat the woman who couldn't beat Trump, then we would have won for sure!

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Covok posted:

Let's be real, he's getting re-elected in 2020.

Eight years, eight years, eight years!

I am hesitant to say so, and that's not me saying "AMERICA WILL FIGURE ITSELF OUT!" I think if things go sour, they will turn sour fast and will scuttle any chance at 2020 lest the DNC still hasn't recovered.

If life goes on like normal for 4 years? Oh yeah, make it the full 8.

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.
All this bullpen fretting is pointless, because we won't find out that poo poo until 2018 anyway.

(But I could be wrong.)

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Sheng-ji Yang posted:

youre right, she probably couldnt have pulled those votes, making the first not smart thing she did to run for president

I genuinely think Biden would have stolen it if Beau had not died.

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

ANY GOOD OPINIONS THIS POSTER CLAIMS TO HAVE ARE JUST PROOF THAT BULLYING WORKS
Young Orc

Lycus posted:

I guess we're gonna see a lot of polling companies replicating the methodology of that LA Times poll.

That poll is still really, really far off.

IBD or something would be better.

ClassActionFursuit
Mar 15, 2006

Gyges posted:

We should have nominated the guy who couldn't even beat the woman who couldn't beat Trump, then we would have won for sure!

Hillary does win all the contests she rigs in her favor, I'll give her that

kaleedity
Feb 27, 2016

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

You mean how long until Japan nukes North Korea

honestly, comparing the first country to sustain a nuclear attack to the largest military in history led by a narcissist with the largest narcissiboner in history is a little like comparing who'd win in a presidential election between trump and clinton

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

I like the part where making GBS threads on the entire idea behind the Supreme Court by blocking the President's completely sensible and non-partisan nomination for over a year until you can elect your own guy who will nominate partisan shills is actually a good strategy that works apparently.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Harlock posted:

Who cares about legacy when you're president and the other person isn't

Yeah, basically. I think that's his take.

GlyphGryph
Jun 23, 2013

Down came the glitches and burned us in ditches and we slept after eating our dead.

Pick posted:

is this a joke

Yudo
May 15, 2003

Gyges posted:

hahaahhaahahaha yeah that is a fair assessment

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

Shinjobi posted:

who could have predicted that the woman television has vilified for drat near three decades would see such strong opposition

who could have predicted that letting the dumb sack of garbage everyone hates all the air time would backfire miserably

WHO KNOWSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

Lol if you believe most media outlets weren't firmly in bed with her. She just was such a weak candidates she didn't give even her allies anything positive to talk about, or to outweight Trump's escapades.

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.
Guess this means America isn't rigged, huh? Got any to say about that Trump?

Who cares?

Eight years, eight years, eight years

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

Living in a hateful world sending me straight to Heaven
I'm still waiting for Rick Wilson's oppo dump.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Nonsense posted:

Thanks Obama

:agreed: :smith:

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Wikkheiser posted:

Or the numbers, pollsters and professional political operatives never had a clue what they were doing, and the vaunted Obama machine was merely a waxwork that got hyped ... when fundamentally it was his personality that carried the day.

I think "change candidate" got stolen out from under their noses. They didn't have someone who could fit that role again, because they were happy with what they'd done under Obama.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
trump won lmao

slave to my cravings
Mar 1, 2007

Got my mind on doritos and doritos on my mind.

Augus posted:

I like the part where making GBS threads on the entire idea behind the Supreme Court by blocking the President's completely sensible and non-partisan nomination for over a year until you can elect your own guy who will nominate partisan shills is actually a good strategy that works apparently.

its loving remarkable. the republicans went all in and put their first born on the table all while holding like pocket threes.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

Pick posted:

So the Democrats should have nominated a loving pocket calculators, if doing the numbers is all it takes to be a president, and not being a loving human.

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot
as other have said, nothing matters

Walka Blocka Shame
Apr 30, 2006

This is fine
Doctor Rope
Honestly, if we believe that Trump has lied to the white working class, that he won't be able to deliver on the MAGAing that he's promised them...why is the conclusion that Clinton should have just lied to them harder? Fact is, she likely wouldn't have been able to fix the issues that are leading to their downfall either, especially with an uncooperative House and Senate. Hindsight being what it is, we were hosed electorally either way, if Clinton won it would have been simply kicked down the road a bit.

Covok
May 27, 2013

Hope rural whites like losing their insurance!

FabioClone
Oct 3, 2004

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Baloogan posted:

i gotta say im glad there are alot of smug fuckers feeling hollow atm

i also learnt something imporant about myself: i am a cuck

im gonna work on being less of a cuck

In following your lead, I also became a cuck. Although since it wasn't even originally my idea, I believe that makes me some sort of supercuck.

So this is what it feels like to have other men gently caress your wife. :toot:

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

steinrokkan posted:

Lol if you believe most media outlets weren't firmly in bed with her. She just was such a weak candidates she didn't give even her allies anything positive to talk about, or to outweight Trump's escapades.

Oh I know, but at the same time they are a business. And by going full on 24/7 Trump coverage, they get the ratings they want, the social media reaction they want, without realizing they're not actually helping the person they're in kahoots with.

There are a ton of different factors to this Hillary loss, but the media doesn't get a pass. They hosed up just as bad as anyone else.

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

Shinjobi posted:

I am hesitant to say so, and that's not me saying "AMERICA WILL FIGURE ITSELF OUT!" I think if things go sour, they will turn sour fast and will scuttle any chance at 2020 lest the DNC still hasn't recovered.

If life goes on like normal for 4 years? Oh yeah, make it the full 8.

a trump reelection might run into the same kind of issue that leads to the rotating clown car of majority leaders; the gop base likes their politicians talking a big talk but once they're actually in power and have to do more than just blow smoke up the voter's asses they're seen in an entirely different light

of course he might get to avoid that all with the other two branches being republican controlled

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jaminjami
Jan 26, 2015

• Locked thread