Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
http://www.psp-tv.com/r/NiteCrew
This poll is closed.
500562 49.92%
139 0.01%
153 0.02%
500888 49.95%
940 0.09%
Total: 1002682 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Valatar
Sep 26, 2011

A remarkable example of a pathetic species.
Lipstick Apathy
Yeah, all the HNNNNNG, AMERICA VOTED FOR HATE is exactly why Trump won. Because going and loving insulting people by calling them a bunch of racist bigots isn't going to make them decide to like you.

-Hillary wins DNC.
-Comes out that the Dem head was actively trying to rig things against Sanders.
-Hillary instead of denouncing an unfair playing field loving hires the woman who was rigging things for her.
-Hillary blows Sanders off as fast as possible, makes tepid noises about not supporting the terrible treaty she got signed as a symbolic bone thrown to him but drops that too ASAP.
-A giant money trail between the Clinton Foundation and getting political time with Hillary is uncovered.
-The new Dem head gets caught stealing debate questions from CNN to give to Hillary.

I was sitting around with my little vote in hand, ready and waiting to cast it for Sanders, had voted in Obama twice, but after blatant cheating, graft, and clearly not giving one poo poo about making any good changes, there was no way in gently caress I'd ever vote for Clinton. The Clinton supporters rolling in and saying that I had to vote for her or I was a sexist racist transphobic piece of poo poo rape-lover only cemented it. Go gently caress yourselves. I wound up voting for Stein, who was somewhat crazy but at least honest. My vote would have gone straight for Clinton in any of the following scenarios:

-She spoke out against the party working to sabotage Sanders.
-She'd picked Sanders as a VP.
-She'd done something more than just some jazz hands about owning up to the poo poo that was broken in the government during her watch and put forth a plan to fix it.

What common element do those three things share? Honesty, decency, and giving a poo poo about the people she's supposed to represent. What has nothing to do with those three things? Sexism, racism, hatred, fear, and grabbing women by the pussy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

Johnny Joestar posted:

lmao when the people who voted for trump go through mass disillusionment when he follows through w/ basically none of the dumb poo poo he promised

Uh no they are getting the legitimization of their sexism, racism, and antisemitism which is all they're signing up for

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

Gyges posted:

Are we really going to get 4 loving years of "Don't blame me, I voted for Bernie!"?

Yes because the Democrats outwardly rejected the candidate on their side who connected with the deciding demographic of the general electorate

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Shinjobi posted:

Yeah we are. I voted for Bernie because I had serious reservations about voting for Hillary, and I was repeatedly told by loving everyone to fall in line because I didn't know what I was talking about.

Well hey there, Hillary Clinton was absolute garbage! Could have been Bernie! Deaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaal with it!

I voted for and did campaigning for Bernie.

It's dumb to point to him as the if only savior when he couldn't beat Hillary.

Gyges fucked around with this message at 10:15 on Nov 9, 2016

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.

Johnny Joestar posted:

lmao when the people who voted for trump go through mass disillusionment when he follows through w/ basically none of the dumb poo poo he promised

He already backpeddled on all his policies in his victory speech.

Trump is the conservative Obama. All his supporters love him, his opponents hate him, and everyone will forgive him for doing nothing in 8 years.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

jBrereton posted:

Like this:

- Non white people will not necessarily vote for you unless you offer them something (contrary to fairly racist Democratic opinion about ~the demographics~), which she didn't.

- Not being Donald Trump, while a good start, is not really an offer of anything.

- Being generally working class, latino voters are not interested in subsidising white middle class Americans going to college for free (nor is the white working class; if they want to go to college on somebody else's dime, there is the GI Bill, Clinton's offer was granting incredibly entitled people even more free stuff).

- Comprising most of the military, her hawkish position on Russia and Syria is absolute poison to working class Americans of all ethnicities. They would die in that war. Not her.

- Hillary Clinton's claim to be for a $15 minimum wage is flawed on many grounds:

1) Nobody believes someone with as tight links to the rich as her would actually do it.
2) If she's really in favour of TTIP and TPP that is 1.5 billion extra people who are willing to work less money in what would become effectively the same labour market. Working class Americans are right to be skeptical of that deal.
3) Anyone thinking of starting a small business has a higher threshold to getting started,while they build up a nest egg at a rate they know won't match future wage rises.

- She can raise corporation tax to 99% for all it matters, if the only people who end up paying it are small businesses solely based in America without the clout to get out of paying taxes.

Yeah, but Muslims have the same rationale and they were called similar things and still went D.

mannerup
Jan 11, 2004

♬ I Know You're Dying Trying To Figure Me Out♬

♬My Name's On The Tip Of Your Tongue Keep Running Your Mouth♬

♬You Want The Recipe But Can't Handle My Sound My Sound My Sound♬

♬No Matter What You Do Im Gonna Get It Without Ya♬

♬ I Know You Ain't Used To A Female Alpha♬
https://twitter.com/pbump/status/796278586856665088

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

goddamnit :cripes:

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene

same but the hilarious grant of foreverwar in the 9/11 aumf

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

https://twitter.com/OwenJones84/status/796271326138953728

Flubby
Feb 28, 2006
Fun Shoe

VirtualStranger posted:

Hillary didn't even show up to talk to her supporters last night after they suffered a devastating loss. Just left them there to wallow in their misery.

Didn't even let them wallow in their misery. Sent someone to make them shuffle out. They couldn't even sing along to Journey anymore. I don't know why of all the things, her not showing her face burns me the most. Couldn't tell the people that supported you it's going to be ok? Didn't think I'd feel bad for Hillary supporters last night, but I did.

FourLeaf
Dec 2, 2011

Pick posted:

Bernie was loving poo poo too, the Democrats overplayed by doing two minorities in a row. Then it looked like a "pattern". Kaine or Biden or even loving O'Malley were the way to go.

jesus christ you hillary people are delusional

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

steinrokkan posted:

Dont blame obama for Hillary's weaknesses, he's actually popular.

I don't really, Obama was a good man who tried his best despite old white people. The Democrats had 8 years to come up with someone better, and we couldn't do that. I just shouldn't be surprised that racism and sexism is still alive and well here.

Hail Satan

Wyld Thang
Feb 23, 2016

rear end cobra posted:

she didn't get the obama coalition to turn out, shitheads actively turned out for djt

worse than that. her ground game paid for pro-life catholic latinos and disenfranchised AAs (who remembered exactly who put their family members in jail) to go to the polls, and a good chunk of them went "HAHA TRUMP THAT CROOKED BITCH!"

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Walka Blocka Shame posted:

So healthcare is basically the 3rd rail. Who ever touches it is hosed. If Trump et al learn this lesson, whelp.

Yes.

FourLeaf
Dec 2, 2011

anime was right posted:

hes going to flip on abortion and run as a democrat

lol no. he's going to finally bend the knee

Yudo
May 15, 2003

Pick posted:

Bernie was loving poo poo too, the Democrats overplayed by doing two minorities in a row. Then it looked like a "pattern". Kaine or Biden or even loving O'Malley were the way to go.

An energetic populist movement on a silver platter? A guy who has said the same poo poo for decades in a cultural environment that worships authenticity? No, can't go with that!

O'Malley is hot though so okay I relent on that point.

ass cobra
May 28, 2004

by Azathoth
HAil Satan

ClassActionFursuit
Mar 15, 2006

Skanker posted:

Trump won because you can't communicate policy to these people and the media made no attempt to. It doesn't matter that by all accounts Trump will be a horrible economic leader.

It's possible Clinton would not have been able to fix the problem in 4 years with a Republican congress and senate, but it would still have been better than what Trump would like to do.

Trump acknowledged these people exist and Clinton's husband betrayed a core Democratic constituency to enact the trade deal that destroyed their jobs.

Trump is an idiot and of course has no way to bring prosperity back to these regions but he acknowledged their pain. The whole point of democracy is that people and their interests are supposed to be represented in government. Hillary represented a status quo that clearly has no intentions of doing anything for the blue collar middle class. Even if Trump can't or won't help them, it's not hard math to see that a vote for him is preferable to one for someone who is telling you everything's fine when it clearly isn't.

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

Top City Homo posted:

stop using cis gendered as a word you loving idiot

its not a goddamn word

we cucked the whole country with our esoteric bullshit

While I appreciate the intent of people who use language like "cis", as I know they're trying to do the right thing, I do agree with you (somewhat). The Tumblr elements of the left did us no favors.

Mayor Dave
Feb 20, 2009

Bernie the Snow Clown

hill satan

Pen Expers
May 3, 2006

Pillbug
Literally despondent

RandomBlue
Dec 30, 2012

hay guys!

Biscuit Hider
I, for one, am grateful that America realized that ~EMAILS~ is so much more horrendous than completely ignoring facts, narcissism, lack of any vague plan for anything, racism, lack of respect for all women, sexual assault and treating non-whites as non-humans. Thank you American for confirming tghat ~EMAILS~ and bitch face and being cheated on is worse than any other possible offenses. I welcome our new president that gives no shits about anything about himself and his immediate desires. I see this working out well for all of us on the international stage and within our country as we all realize that The Donald was right when he said that climate change was just a hoax invented by the Chinese to make us less competitive. Just like women's rights are a hoax by the lieberals to preventing MANkind from reaching it's true pinnacle.

Hiel Trump!

Walka Blocka Shame
Apr 30, 2006

This is fine
Doctor Rope

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

Obama better pardon Chelsea Manning before she's handed over to a Trump Defense Department.

I was thinking exactly this earlier tonight. Poor Manning.

A GIANT PARSNIP
Apr 13, 2010

Too much fuckin' eggnog

i'm afraid that if i go to sleep this will become real

i dont want this to become real

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2

LastInLine posted:

Hillary does win all the contests she rigs in her favor, I'll give her that
Sanderistas gotta sanderist

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

FourLeaf posted:

jesus christ you hillary people are delusional

The biggest things I heard from Trump supporters were fear of social change, and not really fear of social change but fear of speed of social change. Afraid of being called out for "wrong language" even if they meant well, strawman arguments that the Democrats didn't dismantle nearly well enough.

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.

LastInLine posted:

Trump acknowledged these people exist and Clinton's husband betrayed a core Democratic constituency to enact the trade deal that destroyed their jobs.

Trump is an idiot and of course has no way to bring prosperity back to these regions but he acknowledged their pain. The whole point of democracy is that people and their interests are supposed to be represented in government. Hillary represented a status quo that clearly has no intentions of doing anything for the blue collar middle class. Even if Trump can't or won't help them, it's not hard math to see that a vote for him is preferable to one for someone who is telling you everything's fine when it clearly isn't.

Their pain is worthless. Let them suffer more! Pain for the pain god!

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

ANY GOOD OPINIONS THIS POSTER CLAIMS TO HAVE ARE JUST PROOF THAT BULLYING WORKS
Young Orc
I'm pretty sure Clinton just had to bash bankers one two times and she'd be the president

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

Pick posted:

you fuckin kidding me with this poo poo?

navyjack
Jul 15, 2006

Fock I don't dare wharenien Boosted? I want to crease my mynaproxacot!!!

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
trump is going to spend half his time looking at peoples nudes

Lovechop
Feb 1, 2005

cheers mate
[to the tune of eminence front] president trump

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Yudo posted:

An energetic populist movement on a silver platter? A guy who has said the same poo poo for decades in a cultural environment that worships authenticity? No, can't go with that!

O'Malley is hot though so okay I relent on that point.

Being a Jew was going to become a problem. America is still deeply anti-semitic. If he were Christian, I'd say yes he could have won.

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

Living in a hateful world sending me straight to Heaven
https://twitter.com/thehill/status/796273905233252352

Well at least I still get my GOP civil war....

Skanker
Mar 21, 2013

Valatar posted:

Yeah, all the HNNNNNG, AMERICA VOTED FOR HATE is exactly why Trump won. Because going and loving insulting people by calling them a bunch of racist bigots isn't going to make them decide to like you.

-Hillary wins DNC.
-Comes out that the Dem head was actively trying to rig things against Sanders.
-Hillary instead of denouncing an unfair playing field loving hires the woman who was rigging things for her.
-Hillary blows Sanders off as fast as possible, makes tepid noises about not supporting the terrible treaty she got signed as a symbolic bone thrown to him but drops that too ASAP.
-A giant money trail between the Clinton Foundation and getting political time with Hillary is uncovered.
-The new Dem head gets caught stealing debate questions from CNN to give to Hillary.

I was sitting around with my little vote in hand, ready and waiting to cast it for Sanders, had voted in Obama twice, but after blatant cheating, graft, and clearly not giving one poo poo about making any good changes, there was no way in gently caress I'd ever vote for Clinton. The Clinton supporters rolling in and saying that I had to vote for her or I was a sexist racist transphobic piece of poo poo rape-lover only cemented it. Go gently caress yourselves. I wound up voting for Stein, who was somewhat crazy but at least honest. My vote would have gone straight for Clinton in any of the following scenarios:

-She spoke out against the party working to sabotage Sanders.
-She'd picked Sanders as a VP.
-She'd done something more than just some jazz hands about owning up to the poo poo that was broken in the government during her watch and put forth a plan to fix it.

What common element do those three things share? Honesty, decency, and giving a poo poo about the people she's supposed to represent. What has nothing to do with those three things? Sexism, racism, hatred, fear, and grabbing women by the pussy.

All that and she's still a much better candidate than Trump.

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

FourLeaf posted:

lol no. he's going to finally bend the knee

cmon, let me have some fun...

RadicalWall
May 31, 2005

I have no idea whats going on.

Valatar posted:

I think the lesson we need to learn from all this is "We need better politicans." The lesson everyone is going to learn from all this is "We need worse politicians."

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Pick posted:

You're dumb

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

ANY GOOD OPINIONS THIS POSTER CLAIMS TO HAVE ARE JUST PROOF THAT BULLYING WORKS
Young Orc
Mccrory lost in NC so that's a thing i guess

• Locked thread