Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
http://www.psp-tv.com/r/NiteCrew
This poll is closed.
500562 49.92%
139 0.01%
153 0.02%
500888 49.95%
940 0.09%
Total: 1002682 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
what hapens to trumps child rape trial now?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Wolfsheim posted:

literally everyone including supporters are aware that trump university was basically a huge scam back when it first came up, if they didn't care then why would they possibly care now, that doesn't make you not president

i did say it was the longest of shots

theres a will theres moe
Jan 10, 2007

Hair Elf

VikingSkull posted:

they just outwitted the DNC so.......

Well that makes no sense but sure

When you're winning you're winning amirite

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

anime was right posted:

like, the worst part tho isnt just all the poo poo the government gets to do.

people who sexually assault others, racists, and all sorts of other great people, have now been validated.

they're going to get worse because since they won, they are right in their mind, even if they won because emails/economic anxiety/coal jobs etc.

Yep this is my huge thing outside the supreme court loss. White supremists and all around biggoted people were given a thumbs up that their behavior and attitude is okay. African americans, mexicans, LGBTQ, women are now living in a more dangerous country.

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

Pick posted:

Right now I work with the dying, which as it turns out is probably a growth industry ahahahahahahahahahahaha

im going to lose my healthcare, see u soon

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

anime was right posted:

we might lose abortion.

For the poor. The wealthy can always go abroad and always have, or we'll have the abortion cruises like Poland. Oh, but remember, poor women have apparently completely separate issues and therefore shouldn't team up with other women :)

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

Jose posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HiHN3IJ_j8A

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
2020 will be hilary's turn.

WINNINGHARD
Oct 4, 2014

FourLeaf posted:

This, right here, is the problem. Stunning absolute refusal to recognize class issues as legitimate.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Jose posted:

President Trump Issues Official Pardon, Is Technically No Longer Child Rapist

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

this is what i mean, in a way. to me, to not be angry about this situation, and the people responsible for it, is just an absurdity. it's like trying to deny your own humanity.

i'm sure the other side feels the same, when they lose.

so why do we deny it?

Normie Chomsky
Apr 10, 2008

theres a will theres moe posted:

Well that makes no sense but sure

When you're winning you're winning amirite

Let's be real, this whole year didn't make sense

Pretty sure 2016 is the y2k bug for whatever alien computer simulation is rendering our universe

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

anime was right posted:

we might lose abortion.

might?

roe's gone.

gay marriage too.

thanks abuela

FuriousxGeorge
Aug 8, 2007

We've been the best team all year.

They're just finding out.

Jose posted:

Nothing. It turns out that spreading a rumor that your opponent is a child rapist is the last gasp of a lovely, dying campaign.

Mr. Pumroy
May 20, 2001

the only sound in my house is my alarm clock, a single distressing cry in the darkness

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Pick posted:

Right now I work with the dying, which as it turns out is probably a growth industry ahahahahahahahahahahaha

grats on your pay raise

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

FuriousxGeorge posted:

Nothing. It turns out that spreading a rumor that your opponent is a child rapist is the last gasp of a lovely, dying campaign.

you take that back about my boy robert morrow

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

Pick posted:

For the poor. The wealthy can always go abroad and always have, or we'll have the abortion cruises like Poland. Oh, but remember, poor women have apparently completely separate issues and therefore shouldn't team up with other women :)

yeah, i was going to say mexico. just a quick drive across the border or a plane ticket. might as well get your teeth done too.

ClassActionFursuit
Mar 15, 2006

kaleedity posted:

the poor rural guys aren't a partisan monolith either. A majority could easily desire another FDR like they once did.

that can't be right I read in this very thread that they are racist bigots who don't live on the coasts and so they don't matter and therefore don't exist

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe

kaleedity posted:

the poor rural guys aren't a partisan monolith either. A majority could easily desire another FDR like they once did.

Yep, and that's why painting everyone who wasn't pro-Hillary as a racist, misogynist xenophobe bit the DNC in the rear end

It will probably go down as the worst election strategy in at least a century

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

anime was right posted:

im going to lose my healthcare, see u soon

Ha ha, yeah maybe! I have a congenital condition which can cause death if my aorta isn't reinforced. Now there's a pre-existing condition! wah waaaaah!

I'm ok for now though. whew.

theres a will theres moe
Jan 10, 2007

Hair Elf
Gonna be a lot of transvaginal ultrasounds and stop-and-frisking in the coming years. Sure feels great to be a white guy

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

Zas posted:

this is what i mean, in a way. to me, to not be angry about this situation, and the people responsible for it, is just an absurdity. it's like trying to deny your own humanity.

i'm sure the other side feels the same.

so why do we deny it?

well no i mean it's really stupid and forgivable when the wounds are fresh, but in the cold light of day if you still have it you need to reevaluate

jBrereton
May 30, 2013
Grimey Drawer

rear end cobra posted:

What's the gif for when Abuela lost to the worst candidate in history, and now she won't even concede properly.

ass cobra
May 28, 2004

by Azathoth
Nixon was 10000 times smarter than President Elect Donald Trump

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

ive managed to retreat back into glib irony alarmingly fast

i suspect this is a coping mechanism and i'll just start screaming FAG at baloogan in a couple months

turnip kid
May 24, 2010

Jose posted:

The accuser dropped the case after backing out of her press conference.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

anime was right posted:

yeah, i was going to say mexico. just a quick drive across the border or a plane ticket. might as well get your teeth done too.

My teeth are lovely thanks.

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

i lost a hundred bucks on predictit

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

hopefully zizek is right and this is the beginning of the end

Tiler Kiwi
Feb 26, 2011

Zas posted:

like, i think denying the hate at this point is really just, not helpful. maybe you have to do it if you're a politician, i don't claim to know how politics works. but the hate is everywhere and it's real and it's not going to be bridged by civil discourse.

tbh i think the democrats pussyfooting around race and gender didn't help. they could have forged a bigger narrative that used trumps poo poo as a springboard, instead of going "trump bad".

they ran a very cautious campaign, which let the media give too much credibility to trump apologia. beyond that muddying of the truth, it just looked very weak. i think one thing this shows is that voters respond positively to "leadership", rather than just policy laundry lists and scandals.

there are hateful shits and this is going to push people further in bad directions, but people need to be lead, not just told, about what is right and what is bad.

this is all imo of course.

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

Pick posted:

Ha ha, yeah maybe! I have a congenital condition which can cause death if my aorta isn't reinforced. Now there's a pre-existing condition! wah waaaaah!

I'm ok for now though. whew.

stay safe, pick.

no for real.

if anyones gonna lose their health insurance because of this, stay safe yall.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

rear end cobra posted:

What's the gif for when Abuela lost to the worst candidate in history, and now she won't even concede properly.

the only thing worse than losing to donald trump is conceding to donald trump

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

Tingfinder posted:

Holy loving poo poo America, never go full Trump.

This probably means more war, hysteria, ignorance, sensationalism and a increasing downward slide towards fascism. That would likely happen regardless.

For those who are thinking that Bernie as a primary candidate would be different, he would simply have been lambasted as a communist like Corbyn was in the UK, so i doubt that'd be better, even thought he was the most reasonable candidate.

you do realize corbyn won his parties leadership vote by an even larger margin after all those commie smears

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Ask me about Briar Rose and Chicken Chaser.
https://twitter.com/NateSilver538/status/796171179484659712

Nate deserves this one.

Normie Chomsky
Apr 10, 2008

Pick posted:

My teeth are lovely thanks.

Can you still pick up bottles with your toes?

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar
The GOP brought their unwanted child to full term and it was a very powerful and strong boy

kaleedity
Feb 27, 2016

the potential for this is mind-boggling. All semblance of decorum could be trashed. In my 30 years I think 2000-2004 had republican cong+pres and some of Obama's term had democratic cong+pres with bluedogs. We got the patriot act, iraq, and the devastating bush tax cuts from bush and a pathetic, short-lived ACA from Obama. What're we going to get in this box of shitchocolates?

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Yinlock posted:

ive managed to retreat back into glib irony alarmingly fast

i suspect this is a coping mechanism and i'll just start screaming FAG at baloogan in a couple months

he is on conference call with the CiC, Baloogan gettin his marching orders already

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012
American citizen in Sweden here, everyone is really loving confused and scared. White Swedes have been apologizing (why I don't know), and my classmates who are 99% from the Middle East have been really nice and supportive, but poo poo scared for their family that lives in the states.

• Locked thread