Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Radio Paranoia
Jun 27, 2010

It is now safe to turn off your computer.
https://twitter.com/Takahata101/status/796228718901403648

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the bsd boys
Aug 8, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 378 days!

minato posted:

watch trump start a loving war

the bsd boys
Aug 8, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 378 days!

Stymie posted:

the bottom line is we all have to rein in the catastrophizing

it's an election, you can't win them all and there'll be another in 4 years

it's all still entirely in the realm of rhetoric right now and once the reality sets in it'll get watered right down to the status quo

the reason why it feels so scary now is because everyone has been marinading in politics through the internet since things ramped up

turn off cnn, get off the internet and go to bed, in the morning there will be a president or an active recount and the world will go on

You've been set back by decades in terms of equality, social justice, and basic human decency.

Radio Paranoia
Jun 27, 2010

people are quoting stymie, you can't tell me that's not a sign of the end times

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

https://twitter.com/178inaya/status/796191614037172224/photo/1?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

Stymie posted:

the bottom line is we all have to rein in the catastrophizing

it's an election, you can't win them all and there'll be another in 4 years

it's all still entirely in the realm of rhetoric right now and once the reality sets in it'll get watered right down to the status quo

the reason why it feels so scary now is because everyone has been marinading in politics through the internet since things ramped up

turn off cnn, get off the internet and go to bed, in the morning there will be a president or an active recount and the world will go on

Stymie's right.

Those of you who plan to flit away to some foreign nation, as if anything that happens won't just hit you six months later there, with worse medical care and security, no matter where you are in the world, don't let the door hit you where thor split you. raus.

take your lumps, stand and fight. Join me in my resolution to never vote for the Democratic Party in its current form again. Gut that crooked sack of poo poo and let the entrails dry on the pavement, let us build anew. i cannot believe hillary did not even give us a final bit of dignified concession. gently caress the clinton dynasty forever, gently caress the D's, we need something else apparently incredibly focused on working class jobs, and failed at that soundly this time around. i thought i got suckered by getting excited for barack, holy poo poo did i get owned this time

its my opinion that whatever noggin trump has in that weird head of his is vaguely centrist and not particularly horrid, and think he went more right than he even needed to and we wont really see a wall.

the real motherfuckers you gotta watch out for are newt, mike and rudy

e: sorry for jizzing all over the pics thread. long day.

Jonny 290 fucked around with this message at 11:18 on Nov 9, 2016

Syncopated
Oct 21, 2010

Jonny 290 posted:

Stymie's right.

Those of you who plan to flit away to some foreign nation, as if anything that happens won't just hit you six months later there, with worse medical care and security, no matter where you are in the world, don't let the door hit you where thor split you. raus.

take your lumps, stand and fight. Join me in my resolution to never vote for the Democratic Party in its current form again. Gut that crooked sack of poo poo and let the entrails dry on the pavement, let us build anew. i cannot believe hillary did not even give us a final bit of dignified concession. gently caress the clinton dynasty forever, gently caress the D's, we need something else apparently incredibly focused on working class jobs, and failed at that soundly this time around. i thought i got suckered by getting excited for barack, holy poo poo did i get owned this time

its my opinion that whatever noggin trump has in that weird head of his is vaguely centrist and not particularly horrid, and think he went more right than he even needed to and we wont really see a wall.

source you are quotes

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
gently caress you i'm a fuckin patriot and i'm not going to let some insane carrot and his greasy goons ruin it

skeevy achievements
Feb 25, 2008

by merry exmarx

please, I can only get so erect

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

im the girl on the right

ConanTheLibrarian
Aug 13, 2004

dis buch is late
Fallen Rib
I knew youtube's watch it again section would come through for me

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9-gSJW3sHXE&t=10s

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Jonny 290 posted:

Stymie's right.

i'm going to mess up the quote, but bobcat goldthwait's favorite barry crimmins joke is "some people say 'well if you hate this country so much, why don't you leave?' and i tell them that i don't want to be a victim of its foreign policy"

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

Jonny 290 posted:

Stymie's right.

My worry is not what Trump is going to do, it's the extremists in the US Right who see that Trump was able to become President, which they will take as a rubber stamp to do poo poo like attack minorities and LGBTI groups. The nation is going to be very divided over this.

poisoned pie
Jan 15, 2005

Can you feel the colors?

we get it u vape

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

Gold Bond Intimate Vape is a marketing coup.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

jre posted:

Ah ha ha , what the gently caress america :suicide:

good luck with 4 years of increased hate crimes

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe

:3:

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

Improbable Lobster posted:

good luck with 4 years of increased hate crimes

Welcome to Post Brexit Britain

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord
also for severely reduced climate change action, hope that +4 degree is no biggie

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord
ooo and mike pence doing his best to bring back gay conversion therapy and shut down hiv research in a big way

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

also for severely reduced climate change action, hope that +4 degree is no biggie

I'm ok w. that

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord

Shaggar posted:

I'm ok w. that

hope you don't like beaches or fresh water then

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free

i don't but i'm a skeleton so

Radio Paranoia
Jun 27, 2010

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band
https://twitter.com/EverythingGoats/status/796239138907418625

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

ill be ok

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

BARONS CYBER SKULL posted:

i don't but i'm a skeleton so

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord

Shaggar posted:

ill be ok

and a lot of other people won't

syntaxrigger
Jul 7, 2011

Actually you owe me 6! But who's countin?

Empathy is soooo last year

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

good morning thread. is everything okay?

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band
https://twitter.com/Histreepix/status/796348920070860800

Wrath of the Bitch King
May 11, 2005

Research confirms that black is a color like silver is a color, and that beyond black is clarity.
in all seriousness, you flee to Canada types can get hosed. I get that most of this is just venting/coping but stop being a bunch of babies.

I also don't believe that the country is so feeble and spineless that electing a bad man for president has "set the country back for decades." unless a bunch of Americans spontaneously became cackling evil doers overnight then most folks are still good (albeit misguided) people at heart.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord

Wrath of the Bitch King posted:

in all seriousness, you flee to Canada types can get hosed. I get that most of this is just venting/coping but stop being a bunch of babies.

I also don't believe that the country is so feeble and spineless that electing a bad man for president has "set the country back for decades." unless a bunch of Americans spontaneously became cackling evil doers overnight then most folks are still good (albeit misguided) people at heart.

https://www.reddit.com/r/EnoughTrumpSpam/comments/4teoxl/a_final_response_to_the_tell_me_why_trump_is_a/

Wrath of the Bitch King
May 11, 2005

Research confirms that black is a color like silver is a color, and that beyond black is clarity.
yes, I'm sure all the horrible things he wants to do will go through completely unopposed

I also think that he actually intends to deliver on campaign promises, much like all those elected before him. The guy is a tool, but if we get dragged down to his level that's on us.

if you haven't grasped it yet, I find the idea of painting the entirety of America with a broad racist/horrible stroke really goddamned irritating. As if all the good and decent people in the country vanished overnight. As if there aren't legitimately good people that happened to vote for Trump.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

yes, I'm sure all the horrible things he wants to do will go through completely unopposed

I also think that he actually intends to deliver on campaign promises, much like all those elected before him. The guy is a tool, but if we get dragged down to his level that's on us.

if you haven't grasped it yet, I find the idea of painting the entirety of America with a broad racist/horrible stroke really goddamned irritating. As if all the good and decent people in the country vanished overnight. As if there aren't legitimately good people that happened to vote for Trump.

except that he's also got both houses of congress on his side

Moist von Lipwig
Oct 28, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Tortured By Flan
Stymie right as ever this morning.

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
for varying degrees of on his side. GOP's still taken a thrashing, unity wise

Wrath of the Bitch King
May 11, 2005

yes, every republican in congress will be in support of all the wacky poo poo he wants to do because they have an R next to their placard.

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

there aren't legitimately good people that happened to vote for Trump.

there aren't

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord

yes, every republican in congress will be in support of all the wacky poo poo he wants to do because they have an R next to their placard.

yes

• Locked thread