Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
http://www.psp-tv.com/r/NiteCrew
This poll is closed.
500562 49.92%
139 0.01%
153 0.02%
500888 49.95%
940 0.09%
Total: 1002682 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

she loving sucks, i wasn't sharing it sincerely

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tiler Kiwi
Feb 26, 2011

Nonsense posted:

god drat what a few hours can do to the world

Decius
Oct 14, 2005

Ramrod XTreme

Montasque posted:

https://twitter.com/ByronTau/status/796232299683737600

I couldn't sleep, tried to sober up, saw that tweet, wish I was still drunk.

Eh, that's exit poll noise. He probably did more or less as well or as bad as Romney. Which is loving surprising given how much poo poo he slung their way.

Sleekly
Aug 21, 2008

when wakefulness calls you later there will be a world. trump brand but still. a world

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

my body's getting physically tired but i don't want to sleep yet

it's like i'm trying to put off waking up tomorrow and having to face all over again that donald trump is the president elect

navyjack
Jul 15, 2006

Whee! Straight gin is way better than I thought!

Also: Jesus Christ Superstar is under-rated as a musical

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

FourLeaf posted:

Well, it's true. I'm extremely upset because I'm going to lose my health insurance and I'm a member of about three separate minority groups that will be devastated by this. So I'm sorry for insulting you. It's pointless and cruel.

OK then I apologize for saying "gently caress you" to you.

CAROL
Oct 29, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
What's the bigger american calamity, 9/11 or 11/9?

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

Gyges posted:

It's unconscionable that she lost to Donald J. Trump. Anyone could be him.

We should have nominated the guy who couldn't even beat the woman who couldn't beat Trump, then we would have won for sure!

the people who couldn't beat orange clown didnt want this other guy who was found to be capable of beating orange clown, hypothesis: Orange Clown was unbeatable!

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

Living in a hateful world sending me straight to Heaven
Hey guys I heard Abuela is going to paint Texas blue.

WeAreTheRomans
Feb 23, 2010

by R. Guyovich
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_mTRvJ9fugM

Chvrches really is helping rn

Tiler Kiwi
Feb 26, 2011

Homework Explainer posted:

she loving sucks, i wasn't sharing it sincerely

i didn't bring dog poo poo to show and tell and neither should you

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Timeless Appeal posted:

People can wag their finger all they loving want at the Dems for not reaching out to Trump's supporters, but at one point white voters need to get over their fantasy of manufacturing jobs magically coming back to the United States. Never mind a whole segment of the population that will only vote for you if you pretend that coal is actually a longterm solution.

Like, take racism and sexism and all that other stuff out of the picture. They voted for a man who they deluded themselves into believing could actually bring these things back. But he's not going to. He's only going to destabilize the world's economy by trying to kill a boogyman in international trade agreements which there is no evidence actually had significant impact on the people who think it hurt them. The problem with Sanders isn't that he undermined Hillary as a candidate. The problem with Sanders is that he emboldened the most childish economic beliefs in our country.

And the racism and the sexism and the Nationalistism is all tied into that, but forget deplorable. The issue is that there is an infantile segment of the voter block that is most engaged unless you lie to them. And I'm not pretending that you don't have to create a bridge to these people, but it's not an easy task if you want to actually be honest with the American people.

Then add to this the fact that there is another side of this nation that is loving terrified and rightfully so. And you can be smug about political correctness or East coast elitism or whatever the gently caress. But you're essentially calling for selling people who might experience actual and profound suffering. People who had to deal with the effects of the loving Voter Right's Act being carved up this year. People who have their churches burned and our new President's name written on our church. People who are afraid of deportation. Those people with actual real tangible problems, we sell them under the bus in the name of people who are mad that they aren't getting their fantasy high paying factory jobs.

I don't know if the Democrats could have grabbed one without losing the other, I just don't think it was possible. I know people who stayed home because they didn't think Hillary was pro-LGBT enough, and obviously some working-class folk I know went Trump because jorbs.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

eightpole posted:

11/9 is the direct result of america losing it's mind on 9/11 so

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

https://twitter.com/Mobute/status/796292739633647616

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

eightpole posted:

For America, today.

For dead Iraqis etc, 9/11 probably still was.

mannerup
Jan 11, 2004

♬ I Know You're Dying Trying To Figure Me Out♬

♬My Name's On The Tip Of Your Tongue Keep Running Your Mouth♬

♬You Want The Recipe But Can't Handle My Sound My Sound My Sound♬

♬No Matter What You Do Im Gonna Get It Without Ya♬

♬ I Know You Ain't Used To A Female Alpha♬

Montasque posted:

lol

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

Stop piling poo poo on top of poo poo

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Montasque posted:

I really hope Triple Sulk only bet $100 and not more

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
why am i awake

gently caress this planet

Tiler Kiwi
Feb 26, 2011
honestly i'm just at this strange state where everything makes perfect sense and this was predictable

except the polls. seriously, what the gently caress happened with the polls??

klapman
Aug 27, 2012

this char is good
The President of the United States of America, Donald Trump.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Tiler Kiwi posted:

honestly i'm just at this strange state where everything makes perfect sense and this was predictable

I agree, it basically makes sense. Except for that. I thought these people would have landlines?

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

Tiler Kiwi posted:

we should've unskewed them

dean chambers was ahead of his time

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

yeah i also owe the arzyers an apology

i'm sorry, i should have panicked

never stay calm for anything is the lesson here kids

Tiler Kiwi
Feb 26, 2011

Montasque posted:

greetings bad hombre/nasty women

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
America got cocky because we thought we were better than all of the other developed nations that shat their loving pants.

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
i remember a point where hillary got asked about what she was gonna do about clean coal or whatever and the answer was not, as it should have been:

"yeah i wanna take your coal job. I wanna take it and bury it so that nobody has to work it ever again. And replace that job, and create two more on top, in a clean, modern solar plant where you can safely work without getting black lung and get a lunch break and benefits and be able to live past age 50 with the family you bust your rear end for"

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

tfw you first begin to wake up and have a single blissful relaxed moment of consciousness before your brain remembers that Donald Trump Is President and it's like a fuckin record scratch reminding you that the world is not okay

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

Pick posted:

America got cocky because we thought we were better than all of the other developed nations that shat their loving pants.

mr. brexit was right

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Tiler Kiwi posted:

looking back this is really the only way it could have gone

but it was nice to believe it wasn't

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Woke up feeling fatalistic

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

were all bad hombres now

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Tiler Kiwi posted:

This is probably one of the most alarming things of the night. I am not used to Americans polling like loving British people. DONT LIE TO POLLSTERS

Dogstoyevsky
Oct 9, 2012

If there is no Dog, everything is permitted
gently caress what a goddamned mess.

8 years of Obama made me overconfident in America.

I forgot.

kaleedity
Feb 27, 2016

Tiler Kiwi posted:

same exact thing that happened in the MI dem primary polls plus all minorities doing better with trump compared to historic repub data

Those blue cities went for Clinton, but they're going 60/40. Out in shitsville, counties went for trump on 85/15 margins. Those margins matter a bit.

WeAreTheRomans
Feb 23, 2010

by R. Guyovich

steinrokkan posted:

Stop piling poo poo on top of poo poo

do not be angry

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

anime was right posted:

mr. brexit was right

i wonder how many votes were lost to dumb protest votes/laziness like the brexit

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

Tiler Kiwi posted:

but seriously, the most likely explanation is that trump activated some portion of the huge segment of americans who are nonvoters and not measured in polls because they (correctly) think that neither party cares about their interests, but (incorrectly) decided trump did

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

Brother Entropy posted:

tfw you first begin to wake up and have a single blissful relaxed moment of consciousness before your brain remembers that Donald Trump Is President

• Locked thread