Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ammanas
Jul 17, 2005

Voltes V: "Laser swooooooooord!"
Id love to play more 2vs2 but not in a structured tourney

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ssmagus
Apr 2, 2010
Assmagus, LPer ass-traordinaire
here's my steam. http://steamcommunity.com/id/ssmagus

Also linking the discord in that post should be done.

caedwalla
Nov 1, 2007

the eye has it
I'll sign up as a random 2v2.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
Are you seriously telling me that they still haven't released Wood Elves?

Sure glad I haven't spent any more money on this dying old game.

John Charity Spring
Nov 4, 2009

SCREEEEE

Smiling Knight posted:

Okay, I'm thinking this is a bug:

Or my rangers replaced their quarrels with goddamn harpoons.

It happens when I trigger the engineer's buff, which is weird, because on paper that buff only affects reload speed and accuracy.

The 'missile damage' stat displayed there is not a per-shot measure but instead a damage per second kind of value. If you hover the mouse over it you'll get the breakdown - with those buffs active the biggest thing is the reload speed increase.

JacksAngryBiome
Oct 23, 2014
I'd like to sign up for 1v1.

Also why are dwarves rangers not core?

toasterwarrior
Nov 11, 2011

JacksAngryBiome posted:

I'd like to sign up for 1v1.

Also why are dwarves rangers not core?

Dwarf Army Book. Straight from the GW.

Triskelli
Sep 27, 2011

I AM A SKELETON
WITH VERY HIGH
STANDARDS

toasterwarrior posted:

Dwarf Army Book. Straight from the GW.

I'd suggest moving both Rangers to the Special slot instead of the Rare slot. In the tabletop you had Rangers with both crossbows AND throwing axes, so considering the split in TW it shouldn't be as problematic to mass them.

ChickenWing
Jul 22, 2010

:v:

Signing up for 1v1, gotta dip my toes into multi somehow and getting stomped on by goons seems like an appropriate start.

Trujillo
Jul 10, 2007
I'll sign up for 1v1 and maybe 2v2 depending on how much time I have.

E: Steam http://steamcommunity.com/id/Sammvt/

Trujillo fucked around with this message at 17:36 on Nov 9, 2016

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

I'll sign up for both and my steamcommunity is GreyPowerVan I think

fnordcircle
Jul 7, 2004

PTUI
Best way to debug which updated mod is loving up my poo poo and preventing the game from starting let alone continuing my Beastmen campaign which was about to be the first campaign I've completed in a bajillion hours of play time?

Cause right now that means enabling them one at a time and trying to start the game and I'm too upset about politics.

Dezztroy
Dec 28, 2012

fnordcircle posted:

Best way to debug which updated mod is loving up my poo poo and preventing the game from starting let alone continuing my Beastmen campaign which was about to be the first campaign I've completed in a bajillion hours of play time?

Cause right now that means enabling them one at a time and trying to start the game and I'm too upset about politics.

Look at your subscribed mods and sort by last updated?

Assuming you know the date when it last worked fine.

fnordcircle
Jul 7, 2004

PTUI

Dezztroy posted:

Look at your subscribed mods and sort by last updated?

I'm apparently too dumb to figure out where that is. So I just enabled one at a time until I found the mod at fault.

Dongattack
Dec 20, 2006

by Cyrano4747
drat, the friendly AI is trash in battles. I found myself as The White Dwarf facing down the final 4+ Chaos armies, but i had a lot of AI allies nearby so i planted my rear end and waited for them to attack us, what followed was the biggest battle I've had in this game yet.

I planted my cannon/thunderer core army on top of a convenient mountain to receive the hell out of Chaos. I figured when my allies would join the battle they would engage the enemy in the middle of the map where i could lay into them with my ranged firepower, but nope. They put themselves behind my formation and sat there the entire battle. "Oh well, at least they will protect my rear from cavalry", but they somehow always managed to let those through also.

Great battle tho, Heroic Victory, but drat i would love some basic AI orders to dole out like "defend", "attack", "pls go away".

I made them chase down the Hellcannons across the map alone at the end tho, hehe.

Dezztroy
Dec 28, 2012

fnordcircle posted:

I'm apparently too dumb to figure out where that is. So I just enabled one at a time until I found the mod at fault.

Go to the TW workshop, Browse > Subscribed Items, then on the right changed "Date Subscribed" to "Date Updated"

Nanomashoes
Aug 18, 2012

Ready to job the 1v1 tournament, throw me in coach.

Randarkman
Jul 18, 2011

Took Karak Eight Peaks in a Clan Angrund campaign where I never conquered anything and basically just stayed in Karak Izor building up, killing some Crooked Moon armies while helping Karak Norn and striking out grudges to earn gold and experience for Belegar. I didn't really choose to go that way, but it turned out kind of interesting, Karak Hirn grabbed the rest of the Vaults, and though they were my allies they were as unpredictable as ever and have had their poo poo burned by the Border Princes, Tilea and the Empire, which has also got me some grudges where I had to send Belegar away to burn some poo poo to teach those humans a lesson. Anyway I got the point, around turn 60, where it just seemed to me that my army was strong enough to take Eight Peaks. I had a level 3 barracks, the brewery and trinket maker and was riding the line between positive and negative income (but I had lots of gold due to to sacks and grudges), I had also built and razed a ranger station early on to increase their number to 4 in my army as they are very good combined with Belegar's bonuses. Anyway my army which was all 4 ghosts, the Gob Lobba, ROR warriors, 3 regular warriors, 2 longbeards, ROR miners and 4 rangers were sufficient to beat the forces stationed in Eight Peaks and now I've essentially migrated my faction and am looking at continuing to play a game where I have a very limited realm allied to the Dwarfs, though currently I am surrounded by Greenskins on all sides.

e: Would love to play some battles in the tournament, 1v1 I guess, schedule permitting. http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197972214248
e2: Wouldn't be opposed to 2v2 as well, but I think my skills out of singleplayer are still kind of lacking.

Randarkman fucked around with this message at 13:29 on Nov 10, 2016

Mans
Sep 14, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

ZearothK posted:

Are music mods impossible like model imports for Total Warhammer?

they were possible in rome 2 (Rome Total War music mod :allears:) so i'm sure it's doable here.

ZearothK
Aug 25, 2008

I've lost twice, I've failed twice and I've gotten two dishonorable mentions within 7 weeks. But I keep coming back. I am The Trooper!

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

Mans posted:

they were possible in rome 2 (Rome Total War music mod :allears:) so i'm sure it's doable here.

Rome 1 music mod for Total Warhammer was exactly what I was hoping to find when I browsed the workshop and found exactly no music mods.

Randarkman
Jul 18, 2011

I've been finding I really enjoy listening to the old Age of Wonders soundtrack while playing this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9o-7rPnZhXo

Deified Data
Nov 3, 2015

Fun Shoe
Skarsnik's campaign has really clicked with me. Can't be understated how refreshing it is to be able to fight Dwarfs, Empire, Brettonia, and other Greenskins from square one in a Greenskin campaign instead of playing Total War: Badlands. I never used Goblins before either so it really feels like an entirely different race.

Gejnor
Mar 14, 2005

Fun Shoe
The stat bonuses that you get via Redskills from Skarsnik and the Night Goblin Warboss (also the poison) makes gobbo units better than normal greenskin units, same thing sorta happens with Wurrzag's redskills and Savage Orcs but theres sadly no Savage Orc Warboss so you can't get the same effect replicated across all your armies.

Kinda wanna make a Savage Orc Warboss anyways but ive never done anything like that so..

Deified Data
Nov 3, 2015

Fun Shoe
Do you guys still use normal Goblins and Goblin archers in your armies as Skarsnik?

Rookersh
Aug 19, 2010

Deified Data posted:

Do you guys still use normal Goblins and Goblin archers in your armies as Skarsnik?

Yup.

They are Night Goblins that can't Vanguard Deploy, but have higher armor and are significantly cheaper. Unless you plan on making a full Vanguard Deploy army, basic Goblins are in my mind better then Night Goblins.

I never use Greenskin archers in any capacity. In the early game they lack armor piercing while you are facing Dwarfs, so they are 100% useless and a waste of a slot. In the mid/late game the Greenskin army transitions to being a fast moving high calv/high monster/charge focused race, which doesn't really support archers either. If I'm facing nonDwarfs, I might have 2-3 units of Spider Archers so they can get around quickly, but usually eh.

Gejnor
Mar 14, 2005

Fun Shoe
They become atleast viable, especially the goblin archers i'd say. Cheap and with poison they are just as good at dispensing the debuff as night goblin archers are. They may even be a bit better since they have more armour, don't they?

fnordcircle
Jul 7, 2004

PTUI
Ya but Night Goblins are cooler.

Ne Cede Malis
Aug 30, 2008
Yeah sure lets do this, sign me up for 1v1 and 2v2 pool

http://steamcommunity.com/id/customblingbling/

Dezztroy
Dec 28, 2012
Having at least one missile unit in your army is a huge help simply because of the morale penalty from being under missile fire. Even if you're not inflicting much physical damage, you're still dropping their leadership.

unwantedplatypus
Sep 6, 2012
Regular goblins are nice and all but they don't deal much damage. I use melee gobs to tank and archer gobs for DPS

Randarkman
Jul 18, 2011

Are goblins small enough that you shoot into melees pretty effectively against enemies like humans and orcs? In which case goblin archers should be pretty good, particularly the night goblins with poison arrows to constantly apply debuffs to enemies.

Gejnor
Mar 14, 2005

Fun Shoe

Dezztroy posted:

Having at least one missile unit in your army is a huge help simply because of the morale penalty from being under missile fire. Even if you're not inflicting much physical damage, you're still dropping their leadership.

Its also the absolute best counter to mounted ranged, normal ranged will obliterate any mounted ranged in a 1v1 fight quite damned easily.

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

Oh I see! This must be the Bad Opinion Zone!
Yeah I would definitely bring ranged infantry vs norsca and other greenskins.

Deified Data
Nov 3, 2015

Fun Shoe
I might reformat some of my Skulker and Night Goblin-heavy armies to make room for some of their lesser brethren to bring down upkeep a bit. I went in hard on Skarsnik's Gobbo-buffing abilities.

Dezztroy
Dec 28, 2012
Modding the unit size of armies isn't possible, is it? Even say, changing armies to 10 units max?

Mans
Sep 14, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Deified Data posted:

Skarsnik's campaign has really clicked with me. Can't be understated how refreshing it is to be able to fight Dwarfs, Empire, Brettonia, and other Greenskins from square one in a Greenskin campaign instead of playing Total War: Badlands. I never used Goblins before either so it really feels like an entirely different race.

Gejnor posted:

The stat bonuses that you get via Redskills from Skarsnik and the Night Goblin Warboss (also the poison) makes gobbo units better than normal greenskin units, same thing sorta happens with Wurrzag's redskills and Savage Orcs but theres sadly no Savage Orc Warboss so you can't get the same effect replicated across all your armies.

Kinda wanna make a Savage Orc Warboss anyways but ive never done anything like that so..

the fact that you can have two thousand goblins routing all over the place and having secondary battles where they regroup and meet other routing and regrouped goblins is hilarious, it's also funny to me to throw countless gobbos at a dwarven line until it breaks just because there's more gobbos

LemonAIDS
Aug 7, 2009

They are pretty great.

Gejnor posted:

Wurrzags settlements give replenishment to all savage orc units though, so they at least get crazy massive reinforcement.

Affi
Dec 18, 2005

Break bread wit the enemy

X GON GIVE IT TO YA
The second they change waghs to have the otjee army autofollow is when ill play orks. Hate losing tempo! Love orks!

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

Auto resolution seems to favor the player a ton

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Decus
Feb 24, 2013

SSJ_naruto_2003 posted:

Auto resolution seems to favor the player a ton

In previous games there was a difficulty modifier in the calculations but in warhammer it's all the same regardless of difficulty. Essentially, you are getting the auto-resolve calculations that they balanced for players wanting to go through easy mode regardless of the mode you are actually playing.

If the bars being madly wrong bug you there are mods to add back in some static modifiers to boost AI's autoresolve chances.

• Locked thread