Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
http://www.psp-tv.com/r/NiteCrew
This poll is closed.
500562 49.92%
139 0.01%
153 0.02%
500888 49.95%
940 0.09%
Total: 1002682 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

Montasque posted:

Guys...

I blame HBO for creating the anti-hero protagonist.

id take President Tony Soprano over trump

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TyrantWD
Nov 6, 2010
Ignore my doomerism, I don't think better things are possible

Josef K. Sourdust posted:

So where does this leave the tea party?

They got: promises of lower taxes (lol), kicking the establishment, hardcore SCOTUS

They didn't get: lower spending, smaller govmt

They didn't want lower spending or smaller government - that was clear with Trump's popularity with them from day 1 when he was showing a far more centrist side on economics.

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit

They got: promises of lower taxes (lol), kicking the establishment, hardcore SCOTUS

they never really cared, they sure as hell didnt want to lose social security or medicare, and they wanted big government oppressing blacks and latinos and gays

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

I can't loving wait for the insipid naval gazing that were gonna get from CNN and morning joe about how the media might have had a role in this election

Joe went on a loving rant that this exact situation would occur.

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

Living in a hateful world sending me straight to Heaven

The Tea Party morphed into the Deplorables.

They now want to keep/expand entitlements, destroy free trade, and build a wall.

LOL

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Arc implies that Jen had upward trajectory at some point

Winkie01
Nov 28, 2004
https://twitter.com/speechboy71/status/796328139047763968

RandomBlue
Dec 30, 2012

hay guys!

Biscuit Hider

Not a Step posted:

Better tip: Don't be on Facebook. My wife manages my empty shell of a Facebook because I refuse to use it but she thinks I look fake if I don't have one. Facebook is poo poo, talk to your friends on the phone or through Skype or send emails or literally anything else but social media. Even posting on these dead gay forums is better than social media because unless someone makes me an IK I can't just probate anyone I disagree with to create a perfect echo chamber and Im not trying to pretend to be an idealized version of myself since Im (somewhat) anonymous.

I'd been avoiding posting or liking anything political on FaceBook throughout this election but given the results of tonight I decided I'd been acting like a coward not speaking out against Trump and letting friends and family make vaguely supporting comments without response, so I posted a long effort post about what a poo poo pile of a human being Trump actually is and how he'll do nothing but set this country back in pretty much every conceivable way.

I'll piss off several people, lose some friends and accomplish nothing but at least I'll feel better than if I'd said nothing at all.

Also, this election has massively changed my expectations of people I don't know. From now on if I don't know better you're a racist moron. This election proves that I should be right most of the time with those assumptions unfortunately.

Nix Panicus
Feb 25, 2007

Louisgod posted:

We already were, now we're just knocking a bunch of years off our death clock

Gonna invest heavily in 50 gallon water tanks and self-sustaining gardening on my property now that water and food shortages are all but inevitable now

Relax, youre (probably) a first worlder, so unless youre one of those dumbasses who lives in a city in a literal desert (Las Vegas) you're going to be fine (except maybe don't live in hurricane zones... which will be the entirety of both coasts eventually).

Its the poor developing world bastards who are going to die of exposure and ever more vicious weather patterns.

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

Not a Step posted:

Relax, youre (probably) a first worlder, so unless youre one of those dumbasses who lives in a city in a literal desert (Las Vegas) you're going to be fine (except maybe don't live in hurricane zones... which will be the entirety of both coasts eventually).

Its the poor developing world bastards who are going to die of exposure and ever more vicious weather patterns.

regarding some poo poo Colorado Springs tried in 2010 posted:

More than a third of the streetlights in Colorado Springs will go dark Monday. The police helicopters are for sale on the Internet. The city is dumping firefighting jobs, a vice team, burglary investigators, beat cops — dozens of police and fire positions will go unfilled.

The parks department removed trash cans last week, replacing them with signs urging users to pack out their own litter.

Neighbors are encouraged to bring their own lawn mowers to local green spaces, because parks workers will mow them only once every two weeks. If that.

Water cutbacks mean most parks will be dead, brown turf by July; the flower and fertilizer budget is zero.

this was a 1 milliliter test dose in a petri dish of the same poo poo we just dumped 1,000,000 gallons of into the water supply.

Tiler Kiwi
Feb 26, 2011

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

I can't loving wait for the insipid naval gazing that were gonna get from CNN and morning joe about how the media might have had a role in this election

i keep replying lol to your posts but seriously, for real, lol

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

(and can't post for 19 days!)

https://twitter.com/zellieimani/status/796260388161646592

My Q-Face
Jul 8, 2002

A dumb racist who need to kill themselves
I'm going to be 100% honest here. The ONLY reason I voted at all (and I voted Trump) was because when the first set of wikileaks dropped, I accidentally discovered that Facebook and Google were suppressing real trends and results in favor of Pro-Hillary or Anti-Trump stuff. Then I found that they were suppressing anti-hillary stuff and pro-Donald stuff. Then I started finding twitter, Reddit, and other places doing the exact same thing.

And somewhere around there the MODS here shut off GBS for one lovely thread laughing at a tranny or a fat or saying fag or something that the CTR Goons in QCS spent more time, words, and pages complaining about and obsessing over than the people doing the original -and remarkably rare and usually unfunny- posts in GBS in the first place.

So congratulations. you all opened my eyes as to who the real authoritarian statist fascist actors were.

(Well, very little ... the FB and Google trends/results suppression was what really did it. Two mega-Billionaire Information Brokers using all their minions and power and influence over what the common person sees in order to hand the election to one certain candidate? Google and Facebook are practically on the level of utilities now with their ubiquity in daily life. Manipulating search results on the internet during an election is worse even than deliberately staging rolling blackouts across SoCal so you can justify raising rates.)

Nix Panicus
Feb 25, 2007

RandomBlue posted:

I'd been avoiding posting or liking anything political on FaceBook throughout this election but given the results of tonight I decided I'd been acting like a coward not speaking out against Trump and letting friends and family make vaguely supporting comments without response, so I posted a long effort post about what a poo poo pile of a human being Trump actually is and how he'll do nothing but set this country back in pretty much every conceivable way.

I'll piss off several people, lose some friends and accomplish nothing but at least I'll feel better than if I'd said nothing at all.

Also, this election has massively changed my expectations of people I don't know. From now on if I don't know better you're a racist moron. This election proves that I should be right most of the time with those assumptions unfortunately.

My wife reads Facebook, and the poo poo my extended family says is just horrific. My own parents have shut down their online presence to avoid dealing with them, and all of us are bailing on Thanksgiving this year. It started off being kind of amusing but quickly became some of the most vile poo poo ever.

Tiler Kiwi
Feb 26, 2011
shut up q face

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

My Q-Face posted:

I'm going to be 100% honest here. The ONLY reason I voted at all (and I voted Trump) was because when the first set of wikileaks dropped, I accidentally discovered that Facebook and Google were suppressing real trends and results in favor of Pro-Hillary or Anti-Trump stuff. Then I found that they were suppressing anti-hillary stuff and pro-Donald stuff. Then I started finding twitter, Reddit, and other places doing the exact same thing.

And somewhere around there the MODS here shut off GBS for one lovely thread laughing at a tranny or a fat or saying fag or something that the CTR Goons in QCS spent more time, words, and pages complaining about and obsessing over than the people doing the original -and remarkably rare and usually unfunny- posts in GBS in the first place.

So congratulations. you all opened my eyes as to who the real authoritarian statist fascist actors were. (Well, very little ... the FB and Google trends/results suppression was what really did it. Two mega-Billionaire Information Brokers using all their minions and power and influence over what the common person sees in order to hand the election to one certain candidate? Google and Facebook are practically on the level of utilities now with their ubiquity in daily life. Manipulating search results on the internet during an election is worse even than deliberately staging rolling blackouts across SoCal so you can justify raising rates.)

Excited to see how your chosen government works. It will be a grand experiment

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Wait did we seriously actually win the popular vote and lost the EC again to elect an unqualified idiot.

lol history is cyclical

Zippy the Bummer
Dec 14, 2008

Silent Majority
The Don
LORD COMMANDER OF THE UKRAINIAN ARMED FORCES
Trump won, despite everyone saying that Hillary would. That is funny

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit

Night10194 posted:

Wait did we seriously actually win the popular vote and lost the EC again to elect an unqualified idiot.

lol history is cyclical

Tiler Kiwi
Feb 26, 2011

Night10194 posted:

lol history is cyclical

doubt it will hold

on the other hand, first as a tragedy, then as a farce

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

What I want focus on is how the media at large consistently forecasted a Clinton blowout which in turn likely drove Trump voters to the polls to fight that supposed surge.

High forecast of a Clinton victory along with the stupid loving lazy rear end Democratic base sitting at home killed everything

JaggerMcDagger
Feb 13, 2012

Bringing you Barry from the sordid depths of the Internet
Well..... Now what?

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007
Seems like the DNC is very bad at their job, getting democrats elected.

Mr. Pumroy
May 20, 2001

Zippy the Bummer posted:

Trump won, despite everyone saying that Hillary would. That is funny

there is a dark comedy to it

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

JaggerMcDagger posted:

Well..... Now what?

Republicans have to govern nationally

Quasimango
Mar 10, 2011

God damn you.
Romney 2012: 60,933,504 (47.2%)
Trump 2016: 58,967,470 (47.5%)

Obama 2012 voters just didn't show up (Or voted Johnson/Stein).

Nix Panicus
Feb 25, 2007

Jonny 290 posted:

this was a 1 milliliter test dose in a petri dish of the same poo poo we just dumped 1,000,000 gallons of into the water supply.

Honestly I'll be happy if the American obsession with having a big rear end yard dies a drought induced death.

Shame about the rest of the looming apocalypse though.

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit

euphronius posted:

Republicans have to govern nationally

hop you like corporations plundering everything not nailed down

Entenzahn
Nov 15, 2012

erm... quack-ward
General Attorney Rudy Giuliani

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo
Misogyny. I'm willing to bet that any male Democrat would've beat trump.

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Quasimango posted:

That record turn-out with all kinds of WALLS OF PEOPLE? Trump voters.

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

(and can't post for 19 days!)

My Q-Face posted:

So congratulations. you all opened my eyes as to who the real authoritarian statist fascist actors were.

It's the capitalists, dum dum.

Serf
May 5, 2011

is this what the orcs felt like under Sauron

My Q-Face
Jul 8, 2002

A dumb racist who need to kill themselves
Considering that Trump was a Center Right New York Democrat, a nobody from Queens who all the elites and establishment on both sides look down on, but who has been remarkably steady in his political beliefs since the 1980s, and has a habit of not only putting his own money where his mouth is, but pretty consistently doing what he said he would do and winning.

I can't wait.

nachos
Jun 27, 2004

Wario Chalmers! WAAAAAAAAAAAAA!
So after all that early voting, turnout was actually down across the board

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

The hail Mary loving worked.

Josef K. Sourdust
Jul 16, 2014

"To be quite frank, Platinum sucks at making games. Vanquish was terrible and Metal Gear Rising: Revengance was so boring it put me to sleep."

Will president-elect Trump testify at the trial of Trump U on 28 Nov?

Nix Panicus
Feb 25, 2007

THA TITTY THRILLER posted:

Seems like the DNC is very bad at their job, getting democrats elected.

But... but Hillary is focusing on those downticket races! All that Hillary Victory Fund money! I was told she was going to win *and* get Dems elected at every level!

Quasimango posted:

Where is the big black turnout I was promised?

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Sports are good

nachos posted:

So after all that early voting, turnout was actually down across the board

Cannibalizes ed vote huh

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

JaggerMcDagger posted:

Well..... Now what?
I dunno about you but I'm gonna watch out for me and mine and have only hopeful dreams for everything else in the world.

• Locked thread