Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Still getting tutorials after the second challenge. Now doing a forced Battle Royale

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

A vase to face encounter.

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

Crosspeice posted:

http://imgur.com/a/c0l7E

Link to all the VS trainer models, so spoilers abound, as well as repeats. It also has the text graphics for all the Z-Moves.

Doesn't include trainers with full on animations, like Hau and Gladion, for example.

Wally, Cynthia, Colress :swoon:- ... Grimsley? And Guzma doesn't get an animation?

Crosspeice
Aug 9, 2013

It's more trainers that don't get a full on entry animation and then a throwing Pokeball animation. Like I kinda know the difference in my head, I just can't immediately think of any examples.

Avalerion
Oct 19, 2012

For people who got this already, how's the level curve, and do trainers ever have full teams to use against you?

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Avalerion posted:

For people who got this already, how's the level curve, and do trainers ever have full teams to use against you?

I'm heading in to trial 3 and levels are in the mid teens. Using EXP share and fighting everything has my fire cat at 26 and the ones I kept from early on around 20. I haven't really seen a trainer with 3 Pokemon yet.

The Strange Souvenir is $3,000 and sold at a Junes with a half off coupon.

LAY-ZX
Nov 10, 2009

I'm going to name my Golisopod "Sir Robin" because its ability is bravely running away

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Funkmaster General posted:

Wait, the lady at the daycare counter just told me that pokemon you leave at the daycare will not gain any levels over time, so it's 100% only for breeding now. And yet still they don't know where eggs come from.

Look, can YOU figure out how a Drifblim and a Chandelure make a baby? Because frankly I consider that pretty freakin' mysterious.

LAY-ZX
Nov 10, 2009

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

Look, can YOU figure out how a Drifblim and a Chandelure make a baby?

Chandelure is the basket

Crosspeice
Aug 9, 2013

As a side note, if we count every individual box sprite from this image, take away a few duplicates, don't include Spinda variations, add in Arceus formes and the Pikachu hat formes, then we get 1041 unique forms of Pokemon. 2082 if we count shiny.

Pretty insane.

Crosspeice fucked around with this message at 07:57 on Nov 9, 2016

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Trial 3: Pick the change in the two images then get attacked.

Unlocks Fly.

It's not obvious by the pictures but Colress is constantly tapping a display on his arm

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

Spoilery question with a spoilery answer: When does Colress show up and how is he involved in the story?

Avalerion
Oct 19, 2012

Kelp Plankton posted:

Spoilery question with a spoilery answer: When does Colress show up and how is he involved in the story?

He's not involved, just gives you a TM and says Z moves are interesting, afaik.

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Kelp Plankton posted:

That event happens after the 3rd trial. An item is given but I forget what it was.

Speaking of which I just wrapped up the 4th trial. It just requires using the Stoutland itemfinder replacement and battling a Pokemon when the items are found. The game went first person for a moment and wanted me to mash A quickly.

...and I'm just now realizing this whole island trial set just served to give me the starter Pokemon Z crystals.

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

Playing through the game pretty slowly, so this may be old news, but wild Eevees on route 4.

RIP my wonder trade plans

I mean, I still could distribute HA Eevees with something kooky like Wish, Natural Gift, Double Edge and Trump Card but it just isn't the same if they are so freely available.

Mierenneuker fucked around with this message at 10:20 on Nov 9, 2016

Avalerion
Oct 19, 2012

Speaking of which, anything on hidden abilities yet?

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

This game starts too slowly, too much handholding and railroaded, maybe I just have a lovely Rowlet but it's slow and weak, but the presentation is top notch and you can get Misdreavus super early so it's the best Pokémon yet.

Seriously though, they need a "look, I know how to play god-drat Pokémon games" option when you boot up.

Avalerion
Oct 19, 2012

Some of the early leakers were actually calling it hard so I had my hope up, but they were probably just bad or rushing then.

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

DU WIRST NIEMALS ALLEINE MARSCHIEREN
so much about all the leaks sounds disappointing

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

It's good that there are a lot more "advanced" types immediately, so to speak.

Like, you usually had to wait a while before coming across a dark type or ghosts, but both are in first up. Drowzee and Abra are immediate too.

This does in turn make the initial game a little harder because you might not have good coverage

Josuke Higashikata fucked around with this message at 12:15 on Nov 9, 2016

Maxy Boy
Sep 7, 2008
These leaks are focussing on the negatives but I just want to have a cool fun adventure with my pokemon friends in the land of ALOLA!!

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

DU WIRST NIEMALS ALLEINE MARSCHIEREN

Maxy Boy posted:

These leaks are focussing on the negatives but I just want to have a cool fun adventure with my pokemon friends in the land of ALOLA!!

i only really care about the competitive side and all the new mons are kinda rear end

Alfalfa The Roach
Oct 13, 2012

You need to be a badass first.
I don't mind long tutorials because these are still games for children, but I'm absolutely loving all the new music that's coming out

Avalerion
Oct 19, 2012

Yea not really hearing anything bad so far, still looks like the best pokemon games to date yet.

Jables88
Jul 26, 2010
Tortured By Flan
4 hour tutorial will represent about 1% of total play time, so just make peace with it I guess.

Again, these games are for children.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
Are you a boy? Or a girl?
OK cool now hace you played Pokemon before?
Great OK good luck here choose between the the cat or the owl and gently caress off, good luck

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~
I choose both because some nice goon will trade me an egg so I can play with both my beautiful boys.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Calaveron posted:

Are you a boy? Or a girl?

It doesn't actually ask this this time. It just says choose your picture like we saw really early on.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
Are there dumps of all the outfits and hairstyles yet? That's all I really care about in the leaks

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

Don't know about clothing but here's the hairs

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

You can catch previous gen starters with QR scanning if you're lucky.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

With HAs?

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Lusamine pretty much went evil within a minute of meeting her.

Olivia was the first trainer to use 3 Pokemon against me. I was actually struggling a bit but now I have the ability to use Ash Greninja so that shouldn't be an issue.

Dehry fucked around with this message at 15:10 on Nov 9, 2016

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Jables88 posted:

4 hour tutorial will represent about 1% of total play time, so just make peace with it I guess.

Again, these games are for children.

i dont know how long you play these games, but its faaaaar longer then i do

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
now usually the math would be easy, but im very hungover for obvious reasons im sure

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Dabir posted:

With HAs?

You get QR scans every couple of hours, when you do 10, you scan the island for a rare pokemon, could possibly be outside the Alola dex and may be in a place you can't actually get to yet. Then you need to go catch it. Someone saw a Chikorita, I saw Horsea.

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
I usually get through them anywhere from 15-20 hours depending on if I have a constant supply of leveled up Pokemon available to trade over. Having defeated 2/4 Kahunas I'm at 13:41 starting island 3.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

But the abilities, do they have the abilities

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Dabir posted:

But the abilities, do they have the abilities

not a clue if they have their hidden abilities or whatever

Decus
Feb 24, 2013
I can't remember if XY had a curly hair option for guys, but I'm really glad curly hair is being well-represented.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~

For all the people asking about the daycare, it's on Paniola Ranch, one and a half routes into the second island.

edit: They still are completely baffled by the "mysterious" concept of Pokemon eggs, despite the fact that the people who run it literally refer to themselves as Pokemon breeders.

Hey, sorry to bring it up again, but more or less how long did it take you to get to this point in the game?