Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who is the man??
This poll is closed.
Goku 202 7.09%
Vegeta 279 9.79%
Krillin 208 7.30%
Piccolo or his nameks 212 7.44%
Gohan or Cool Gohan 135 4.74%
Yamcha 90 3.16%
Tien 120 4.21%
Muten Roshi 89 3.12%
Tao Pai Pai 71 2.49%
Frieza 69 2.42%
Cell or an android 86 3.02%
Buu 62 2.18%
Hercule "Mark" Satan 327 11.48%
Videl 90 3.16%
Bulma 104 3.65%
Yajirobe 99 3.47%
Ginyu or other Frieza squad guy 68 2.39%
King kai or another kai 53 1.86%
Chi-Chi 83 2.91%
Goten 43 1.51%
Trunks or Cool Trunks 112 3.93%
Bardock 48 1.68%
Other villain of DB,Z, or GT(please post about it!) 41 1.44%
Uub 42 1.47%
Oolong 90 3.16%
Zamasu 26 0.91%
Total: 1326 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

mabels big day posted:

Zeno-sama is going to be very upset that his friend is now half Vegeta.

maybe zeno will split them up post fight. I bet he could if he wanted to

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mikedawson
Jun 21, 2013

Important question: Is the One-Punch Man crossover where Saitama almost murders Vegeta on the way home from the Price Rite canon.

Weird Sandwich
Dec 28, 2011

FIRE FIRE FIRE hehehehe!
That and the comic where Piccolo had to substitute as the Great Saiyaman definitely should be canon.

Flippinlikebirds
Feb 2, 2007
I'm an ideas man Michael. I think I proved that with Fuck Mountain.
Nekomajin needs to be canon too

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

I for one look forward to the Super DLC having a PQ where Kid Trunks asks for help beating Future Trunks, Trunks (Future), and Trunks (GT).

Mikedawson posted:

Important question: Is the One-Punch Man crossover where Saitama almost murders Vegeta on the way home from the Price Rite canon.
Correction, they fought to a draw :colbert:

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Ok so in the erased timeline where Zamasu stole Goku's body... what happens to Vegeta? You can't expect me to believe Zamasu in Goku's body could have defeated him. Or did he just instantly warp to trunk's timeline afterwards?

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

mabels big day posted:

Ok so in the erased timeline where Zamasu stole Goku's body... what happens to Vegeta? You can't expect me to believe Zamasu in Goku's body could have defeated him. Or did he just instantly warp to trunk's timeline afterwards?

He couldn't do poo poo in that universe because it still had a God of Destruction and so he had to find a universe which didn't. (i.e: Trunks' because the Supreme Kai got hisself killed.)

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

mabels big day posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bQSdXehyev8&t=41s

Kurui Reiten
Apr 24, 2010

It's kind of pointless, but I would be interested to learn how the rest of the cast reacted to that. I guess it would probably be "oh poo poo, get the Dragon Balls and revive them, go go go", but still.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Kurui Reiten posted:

It's kind of pointless, but I would be interested to learn how the rest of the cast reacted to that. I guess it would probably be "oh poo poo, get the Dragon Balls and revive them, go go go", but still.

... Huh, you know, you bring up a good point.

If Goku Black didn't clense the Earth or something then the Son family was back up and about in a year tops.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

ImpAtom posted:

If Goku Black didn't clense the Earth or something then the Son family was back up and about in a year tops.

Probably except Goku, who probably stuck in the Shin body for good.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
Given how he's been taking his sweet-rear end time to cleanse an Earth where the population is already halfway to extinction it's unlikely to had time to stick around before Beerus would show up to vape him

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST

ImpAtom posted:

Well they'd need the Namekian DBs for that because all three of them have bit the big one at least once by that point.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Pureauthor posted:

Well they'd need the Namekian DBs for that because all three of them have bit the big one at least once by that point.

think shenron lost that restriction

graham cracker
Mar 8, 2004

"There is no God! Right, Mama?"

"True."

I love the plot set in the future, because there is actually a sense of real stakes and the risk of real loss with the dragon balls out of the picture, plus no Beerus/Whiz to chump everyone/rewind time.

Still, Zeno Sama is there as a safety net...

Meh, best we're gonna get.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Rodyle posted:

I for one look forward to the Super DLC having a PQ where Kid Trunks asks for help beating Future Trunks, Trunks (Future), and Trunks (GT).

I don't, I still remember that mission from xenoverse 1 :gonk:

SirDrone
Jul 23, 2013

I am so sick of these star wars
I think the earth and humanity is hosed in this timeline, might as well just bring them all over to the present timeline.
Also DBM
Okay I'll give them massive props for having Ginyu steal Bra's body and pegging her ego down

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Kild posted:

think shenron lost that restriction

Is it the same Shenron, or would this be Shenron III? I think the wishes get reset every time the dragonballs get destroyed and reactivated.

Veotax
May 16, 2006

Does anybody know when the next batch of older episodes are due to be released on Daisuki? I've been catching up but the last episode before it jumps ahead is episode 20.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Blaze Dragon posted:

If I remember correctly, he tells Kakarotto to take his Saiyan pride and kill Freeza as revenge for what he did to the Saiyans. At no point does Vegeta show regret for his actions, nor does he put an excuse for them, he's a bloodthirsty monster to his last moment, just one that happens to be on the heroes' side for the time being.

Well, that's strange, because I'm pretty sure he says something a bit like that in the dub I was watching immediately before he goes all, "Freeza made me what I am!"

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

he does tell goku to beat up freeze for the saiyans in the dub

guess they wanted to make him more sympathetic or something with the rest

Vintimus Prime
Apr 24, 2008

DERRRRRPPP what are picture threads for????

This from the Japanese audio (source Kanzenshuu)

(Vegeta is dying on Namek)

Vegeta: K-kakarot...
Goku: Vegeta!
Vegeta: Are you... still reciting that soft crap? Are you not a Super Saiyan?!
(Vegeta flashes back to the past, then it comes back to the present)
Vegeta: You foolish scum! Get cold-hearted! If you had only discarded your leniency, you would surely already be... a Super Saiyan!
Goku: I just don't see how I could act as cold-hearted as you do. And as for this Super Saiyan business, I don't know what you mean.
Vegeta: A Super Saiyan is...
Vegeta: Listen well, Kakarot...
Freeza: And here I've pierced his heart. What nerve. Are you going to keep talking?
Vegeta: Your.... our planet of birth, Planet Vegeta... was not destroyed... in a collision with a giant meteor...
Goku: Don't say any more! You're just hastening your death!
Vegeta: Freeza did it! This after we Saiyans... served as his hands and feet... working as he ordered...! Everyone besides us was killed...! Your father... and my father, the king, as well...! Freeza... was afraid that as the Saiyans gathered strength... a Super Saiyan would be born among us...
Freeza: Just listen to you.
(Goku notices that Vegeta has been crying.)
Vegeta: I-I beg you! Freeza... defeat Freeza! Please... by your Saiyan hand...

(...)

(Goku buries Vegeta)

Goku: I understand. It wasn't that your fellow Saiyans had been killed that was rough on you. (Looking at Freeza) Having to do as he told you must have been worse than anything you could stand. (Putting Vegeta in the hole he made) I hated you so much... but you had your Saiyan pride. (Goku covers Vegeta up) And now, I, too, will share in some of that pride of yours.
(Goku stands up)
Goku: I am a Saiyan raised on Earth! (to Freeza) For all the Saiyans who were killed by you... as well as for all the Namekians here... I am going to beat you!
Freeza: Such drivel.

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

Vintimus Prime posted:

This from the Japanese audio (source Kanzenshuu)

(Vegeta is dying on Namek)

Vegeta: K-kakarot...
Vegeta: Are you... still reciting that soft crap? Are you not a Super Saiyan?!
Vegeta: You foolish scum! Get cold-hearted! If you had only discarded your leniency, you would surely already be... a Super Saiyan!
Goku: I just don't see how I could act as cold-hearted as you do. And as for this Super Saiyan business, I don't know what you mean.
Vegeta: A Super Saiyan is...
Vegeta: Listen well, Kakarot...
Freeza: And here I've pierced his heart. What nerve. Are you going to keep talking?
Vegeta: Your.... our planet of birth, Planet Vegeta... was not destroyed... in a collision with a giant meteor...
Goku: Don't say any more! You're just hastening your death!
Vegeta: Freeza did it! This after we Saiyans... served as his hands and feet... working as he ordered...! Everyone besides us was killed...! Your father... and my father, the king, as well...! Freeza... was afraid that as the Saiyans gathered strength... a Super Saiyan would be born among us...
Freeza: Just listen to you.
(Goku notices that Vegeta has been crying.)
Vegeta: I-I beg you! Freeza... defeat Freeza! Please... by your Saiyan hand...

(...)

(Goku buries Vegeta)

Goku: I understand. It wasn't that your fellow Saiyans had been killed that was rough on you. (Looking at Freeza) Having to do as he told you must have been worse than anything you could stand. (Putting Vegeta in the hole he made) I hated you so much... but you had your Saiyan pride. (Goku covers Vegeta up) And now, I, too, will share in some of that pride of yours.
(Goku stands up)
Goku: I am a Saiyan raised on Earth! (to Freeza) For all the Saiyans who were killed by you... as well as for all the Namekians here... I am going to beat you!
Freeza: Such drivel.

kinda loses some of its weight when you think about vegeta killing nappa

freeza sure didn't order him to do that

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Condiv posted:

kinda loses some of its weight when you think about vegeta killing nappa

freeza sure didn't order him to do that

Nappa was a buffoon.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Lots of people are buffoons. Doesn't mean you should go around disintegrating them.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

projecthalaxy posted:

Lots of people are buffoons. Doesn't mean you should go around disintegrating them.

Well obviously Vegeta disagrees. That is why Goku upsets him so much. He's a buffoon that he CAN'T disintegrate.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Nappa just killed Piccilo, Tien and Chaotzu and also disintegrated a city and a navy. Vegita didn't kill a single soul on Earth.

If anything Vegita is a hero for offing Nappa.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

vegeta killed nappa and he was on earth :colbert:

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Do you want to know what we do to artists?
Vegeta did nothing wrong.

graham cracker
Mar 8, 2004

"True."

Vegeta summoned saiba-hitmen to kill people. If I raise a kid training them to be obedient and then tell them to kill someone, and they do I'm kind of a killer.

But he killed Yamcha so who the gently caress cares?

He's not people, like us.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

graham cracker posted:

Vegeta summoned saiba-hitmen to kill people. If I raise a kid training them to be obedient and then tell them to kill someone, and they do I'm kind of a killer.

But he killed Yamcha so who the gently caress cares?

He's not people, like us.

Nappa was the one that summoned them.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

that mention of yamcha got me thinking about total death counts in the series, and can it really be that satan was the only person on earth that hadn't died until super introduced new characters? he wasn't there on earth when it blew up and cell didn't kill him so, unless he was in that city nappa blew up, he's the only deathless character in all of db/dbz

on the other hand, the characters that have died the most times that I can think of are krillin (tambourine, freeza, buu) and chiaotzu (king piccolo, his own drat self, buu). most of the main fighters across the series have died twice tho (goku, piccolo, vegeta, tien, and yamcha off the top of my head)

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST

Manatee Cannon posted:

that mention of yamcha got me thinking about total death counts in the series, and can it really be that satan was the only person on earth that hadn't died until super introduced new characters? he wasn't there on earth when it blew up and cell didn't kill him so, unless he was in that city nappa blew up, he's the only deathless character in all of db/dbz

on the other hand, the characters that have died the most times that I can think of are krillin (tambourine, freeza, buu) and chiaotzu (king piccolo, his own drat self, buu). most of the main fighters across the series have died twice tho (goku, piccolo, vegeta, tien, and yamcha off the top of my head)

Fortuneteller Baba also avoided dying ever.

Mogomra
Nov 5, 2005

simply having a wonderful time

projecthalaxy posted:

Wow, listen to this kiddo. Now your gonna go and say something like, "people are generally alright" or, "you shouldn't base your morals off of Japanese children's cartoons." Yeesh

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Manatee Cannon posted:

He has only one technical death from when Frieza blew up Earth. But it was never counted since Whis rewinded time.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Manatee Cannon posted:

If you are doing a total death count you have to include alternate timelines. Thats two more deaths for Goku, and an additional death for Future Trunks. Also Mr Satan was presumably killed in Future Trunks timeline.

graham cracker
Mar 8, 2004

"True."

Kild posted:

Nappa was the one that summoned them.

Vegeta told Nappa to do it, or at least suggested it. Nappa is the aforementioned child.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

graham cracker posted:

If I raise a kid training them to be obedient and then tell them to kill someone, and they do I'm kind of a killer.

Yes, Piccolo, you are.

lezard_valeth
Mar 14, 2016
So after skeptically avoiding DBSuper like the plague due to some bad experiences with Saint Seiya, I finally caved in after here many people praise it and caught up in 2 days. I must say I really liked evertyhing as a whole, between the fights, the characters, the comedy (Toriyama is really good in this department, he knows when to throw a slapstick and for how long not to ruin the mood) and :gasp: the plot and character development...in Dragon Ball!?!?! Holy balls was I amazed by this.

My only petpeeve came on the last episodes when they decide to use the Mafuba to impron Zumasu . I felt that they threw away a lot of consistency just for the sake of that throwback trip. Not once in the original Z series and in GT did the heroes ever stop to consider to use this technique so it was to be asumed that it wouldn't work on strong enemies like Majin Buu. But now not only do they do it, but it would have actually worked if they hadn't made a rather important mistake (Goku ok, I can accept, Vegeta not so much, but Bulma?) that makes the throwback intention even more obvious.

Something I hope gets answered (and probably will) in the future is how are Kaioshins and Gods of Destruction are chosen. It is hinted as something hereditary, since Gomasu was training Zamasu to become the new Kaio, but at the same time doesn't seem like it, since Zamasu "stole" the Kaioshin powers in the bad future yet no corresponding God of Destruction appeared, and it most certainly is not appointed, since bad future Zen'o would have noticed all his Kaioshins and Gods of Destruction missing

My prediction on how this will unfold:

Vegetto fights Zamasu to a standstill. Angered that he cannot defeat the mortals, Zamasu uses Black's ring to go back to the time he came from (since this was stated as the way the ring worked and no limitation was given as to how long you can stay in the future) in order to take revenge on the rest of Goku and Vegeta's friends from that timeline (Chichi and Goten are dead here). Zen'o or Beerus and Whis notice his presence and destroy him

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~
Kais grow on trees. They're fruit...bug...people.

Every millennia or so, a "golden" fruit will grow, and that fruit has the ability to become a Kaioshin.

Gods of Destruction seem to be "appointed" as Whis asked Goku if he wanted to become the next one after Beerus...retired? Died? Who knows.

I may also vaguely remember Beerus saying something about considering Frieza for the position at some point.

My guess is once you're appointed to the Hakaishin position, your life is magically intertwined to one or all of the Kaioshins of your dimension.

• Locked thread