Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
http://www.psp-tv.com/r/NiteCrew
This poll is closed.
500562 49.92%
139 0.01%
153 0.02%
500888 49.95%
940 0.09%
Total: 1002682 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Mr. Pumroy
May 20, 2001

euphronius posted:

04 was war and terror

Imho

nothing stopping 20 from being that too

21st century been a real bummer so far

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

I can not imagine how fuckballs crazy Mexicanos are this morning.

https://twitter.com/Trrzs/status/796344217597526016

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

triple sulk posted:

life is meaningless and millennials are loving terrible

Millennials mostly voted for Clinton.

Life is pretty meaningless, though.

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

triple sulk posted:

gently caress off you piece of poo poo

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

Baller Ina posted:

I suppose the hope is that now that Trump has the seat he doesn't just become a standard Pub Pres

Maybe there's some stuff he does differently

Sure glad I took today off, I'd be a wreck trying to drive

nah the hope now is that trump and the republicans repeal Obamacare, Medicare, and Social Security, all old white people promptly die, and 2020 is a Dem wave

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Let him vent

Turdfuzz
Jul 23, 2008

so nobody can talk poo poo about nate anymore w/ the exception of his hair i guess

Luceid
Jan 20, 2005

Buy some freaking medicine.

resar posted:

So are the democrats goning to learn from this or is it going to be 4 years of blame everyone but their own lovely candidate?

no, hold on, maybe if they alienate an even larger part of the voting base they'll have their epic abuela victory in 2020. its her time, after all!

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747
But it was HER TURN

lol shouldntve cheated Bernie

Embrace chaos
I'm gonna start smoking

NumberLast
Jun 7, 2014

resar posted:

So are the democrats goning to learn from this or is it going to be 4 years of blame everyone but their own lovely candidate?

triple sulk posted:

Nope

Turdfuzz
Jul 23, 2008

id make a joke about how im gonna start doin drugs but i already do drugs

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

venom snake i would like to adopt troofhoots if the campaign is abandoning him

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

My guess is dem establishment will stay in place with the Siren song of the GOP loving themselves into a dem landslide in 18

When that doesn't happen then there will be change.

WeAreTheRomans
Feb 23, 2010

by R. Guyovich

Sheng-ji Yang posted:

today is the anniversary of kristallnacht

and the Berlin Wall coming down. and Kaiser WIlhelm abdicating. and the founding of the Italian Fascist Party.

and its my birthday :smith:

Guy DeBorgore
Apr 6, 1994

Catnip is the opiate of the masses
Soiled Meat

o thanks

i'm not looking forward to this phase where we say it's the fault of Hillary or the DNC or millenials or the media or white people

it's the fault of DJT and the people who voted for him and we can talk about how they're overwhelmingly white without dragging the other 40% of white people into it

TyrantWD
Nov 6, 2010
Ignore my doomerism, I don't think better things are possible

resar posted:

What are the Democrats supposed to learn from this? People who cared about the economy more voted Hillary in the exit polls. This wasn't an election lost on policy. Remember, a large part of the GOP donor class sat this election out, but that's not going to be the case in 2018 and beyond. With less money, and less bigotry, expect the same 4 years from now.

C-SPAN Caller
Apr 21, 2010

Tatsuta Age posted:

Nice unskewing

Lol I got told that about the Trump Clinton polls and look what happened

Unrelated to that post and a general remark to liberals that ate up Hillary and chewed out Bernie, who was beloved in rural areas:

You liberals are loving retarded and so stuck up your own asses about the plight of the left behind rural demographic you probably couldnt smell bullshit in a feed lot because yours stinks too much. If you even know what a loving feed lot is.

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
Hillary will run and win the nom again in 2020. :smugdon:

HookedOnChthonics
Dec 5, 2015

Profoundly dull

Sheng-ji Yang posted:

today is the anniversary of kristallnacht

yesterday was 18th brumiare

Turdfuzz
Jul 23, 2008

i was wrong n i apologize to arzyers i guess
im not really sorry i made fun of ya cuz i still htink it was funny but u guys werent so dumb afterall

Guy DeBorgore
Apr 6, 1994

Soiled Meat
winning the popular vote is a nice symbolic victory tho, lends a real 2000 flavour to it.

change my name
Aug 27, 2007

Legends die but anime is forever.

RIP The Lost Otakus.

Everyone go invest in tissues to offset your tech losses this morning

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin
the one good thing is that Colorado made assisted suicide legal just in time

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

bump_fn posted:

nate
knew

Lol this is the funniest part

Turdfuzz
Jul 23, 2008

i voted 4 bernie n thot he was the better candidate but lol i never thot hillary would fuckin lose

NumberLast
Jun 7, 2014

Homeless Friend posted:

Hillary will run and win the nom again in 2020. :smugdon:

So...Trump 2020

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Meh.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Guy DeBorgore posted:

winning the popular vote is a nice symbolic victory tho, lends a real 2000 flavour to it.

much like 2000 a clinton's unfavorables were at the center of it all.

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

TyrantWD posted:

What are the Democrats supposed to learn from this? People who cared about the economy more voted Hillary in the exit polls. This wasn't an election lost on policy. Remember, a large part of the GOP donor class sat this election out, but that's not going to be the case in 2018 and beyond. With less money, and less bigotry, expect the same 4 years from now.

trump got less votes than romney. she lost because people dont vote against stuff, they vote for stuff. dont put up somebody that people dont give a poo poo about

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

HookedOnChthonics posted:

yesterday was 18th brumiare

god drat right it was

Spoondick
Jun 9, 2000

rural white povery is an endemic problem one of the candidates did a really good job of pretending to care about

386-SX 25Mhz VGA
Jan 14, 2003

(C) American Megatrends Inc.,

Guy DeBorgore posted:

o thanks

i'm not looking forward to this phase where we say it's the fault of Hillary or the DNC or millenials or the media or white people

it's the fault of DJT and the people who voted for him and we can talk about how they're overwhelmingly white without dragging the other 40% of white people into it
Let's not forget multiple coordinated voter suppression campaigns across the country, the systematic disenfranchisement of minorities via hyperincarceration, FBI interference in the election, and a successful Russian intelligence operation through email hacks and wikileaks.

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Guy DeBorgore posted:

o thanks

No don't talk bad about the fascists then they wont vote for us

ClassActionFursuit
Mar 15, 2006

Guy DeBorgore posted:

o thanks

You understand the point of democracy is to offer a candidate that appeals to the electorate, right? Like that's step one.

Complaining that it's the fault of people voting for the candidate you didn't want to win is a tautology. The whole point was for your guy to convince those people to vote for them. That's the whole system in a nutshell.

Nix Panicus
Feb 25, 2007

Pomp posted:

If the majority actively ways the minority abused, murdered and imprisoned for imagined slights then it's not the party appealing to minorities that has an issue

If the party appealing to minorities would like to win and, you know, actually *do* something for those minorities other than sit around and complain they need to come up with a strategy to appeal to the majority white voters who decide election outcomes. What happened to Clinton being pragmatic?

The attitude of minority vote first and 'lol white people' put Trump in the White House and a Republican majority in both houses, and soon to be Republican control of the judiciary. Maybe get over your ideological purity and come to terms that the only way you make progress is by finding an acceptable way to bring whites on board and lay off the 'kill whitey' poo poo.

White people can say 'deport all muslims' and still win elections because whites are the majority.

Minorities *can't* say 'kill whitey' and still win elections because they are the loving minority.

This is not rocket science.

If you believe systemic racism exists, then this logic and the need to compromise should be clear as daylight, and the consequences of failing to do so are President Donald J. 'loving' Trump.

Learn to like white people or perish.

exquisite tea posted:

I think she had bad data telling her she was competitive there and in other states until the very last minute, and it probably came out too late how in trouble she actually was in the rust belt.

Campaigning at all in Arizona, Texas, and the other foregone conclusions was pure hubris. Even if her numbers were 100% victory in the Rust Belt she should have pushed for 101% victory and not gone for the vanity landslide win. Clinton shot herself in the foot by thinking she was better than she was. A little less ego and she could have held some of the key states. Opening *any* offices in Texas was as dumb as Trump thinking he could win NY. She was a creature of hubris and entitlement.

C-SPAN Caller
Apr 21, 2010

Guy DeBorgore posted:

Winning it doesn't matter and campaigning for it rather than just swing states is a waste of time. If the popular vote didn't matter you'd see a much bigger turnout.

Remove fptp, install mixed proportional rep, create only public financing and remove donations from existing. Bam I just fixed America, you can thank me later

Marx Headroom
May 10, 2007

AT LAST! A show with nonono commercials!
Fallen Rib

TyrantWD posted:

What are the Democrats supposed to learn from this?

For one thing it's paradoxical to loudly accuse the public of being racist misogynists who will never vote for a woman because they're base and deplorable, yet insist that she can't possibly lose their votes

TotalHell
Feb 22, 2005

Roman Reigns fights CM Punk in fantasy warld. Lotsa violins, so littl kids cant red it.

Turdfuzz posted:

so nobody can talk poo poo about nate anymore w/ the exception of his hair i guess

I mean I'm still willing to try

be the change you want to see and alll that

ClassActionFursuit
Mar 15, 2006

Spoondick posted:

rural white povery is an endemic problem one of the candidates did a really good job of pretending to care about

Pretending to care is obviously better than genuinely not caring to the people voting. Who, again, are the people you have to convince to vote for you. Only the worst candidate in history would not understand this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Guy DeBorgore
Apr 6, 1994

Soiled Meat

386-SX 25Mhz VGA posted:

Let's not forget multiple coordinated voter suppression campaigns across the country, the systematic disenfranchisement of minorities via hyperincarceration, FBI interference in the election, and a successful Russian intelligence operation through email hacks and wikileaks.

ok yeah we can blame the poo poo out of those things too

the FBI KGB and KKK all backed the same candidate hahahahahahaha

i hope obama's last act as president is to drone strike Comey

• Locked thread