Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mehrunes
Aug 4, 2004
Fun Shoe
So far the Unofficial Patch has made the Dawnguard ferry disappear, the Forsworn plot quest not to trigger and possibly made Miraak extremely shy about stealing souls. What am I missing here? Is the in-game version of the unofficial patch not the real one?

edit: also there's a mod on there that let's vampires regenerate in cloudy weather or in the shade which is really cool.

Mehrunes fucked around with this message at 05:56 on Nov 8, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Mehrunes posted:

So far the Unofficial Patch has made the Dawnguard ferry disappear, the Forsworn plot quest not to trigger and possibly made Miraak extremely shy about stealing souls. What am I missing here? Is the in-game version of the unofficial patch not the real one?

edit: also there's a mod on there that let's vampires regenerate in cloudy weather or in the shade which is really cool.

He probably ported the UESP wholesale without checking every fix from oldrim to see if it broke poo poo in SE.

Decus
Feb 24, 2013

no bones about it posted:

He probably ported the UESP wholesale without checking every fix from oldrim to see if it broke poo poo in SE.

Yep, there have already been a few patches to fix key things. One of the initial patches actually made z-fighting worse because the fixes to z-fighting for oldrim weren't needed.

Farg
Nov 19, 2013
i added a few mods through bethesda net and now the game crashes at launch even when i uninstall said mods via the website. what gives

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Farg posted:

i added a few mods through bethesda net and now the game crashes at launch even when i uninstall said mods via the website. what gives

Dont use bethesda.net. it sucks and will destroy your data folder. Get NMM and install mods from Nexus or whatever.

MO is not an option right now, the guy who was the lead dev got hired by Nexus about a month ago, it remains to be seen if anyone will pick up the MO source and continue development of it.

Farg
Nov 19, 2013
ok but how do i make my game not crash on launch and also save my level 25 save

this has happened so many times before i'm scared i really liked this one :(

Farg fucked around with this message at 07:04 on Nov 8, 2016

Mehrunes
Aug 4, 2004
Fun Shoe
What mods, they're probably not curated well enough to avoid ones that can corrupt a save. What happened to the rest of your autosaves?

The Iron Rose
May 12, 2012

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:

Farg posted:

ok but how do i make my game not crash on launch and also save my level 25 save

this has happened so many times before i'm scared i really liked this one :(

Sounds like a missing master file. Go through your modlist, NMM should let you know that there's a missing master when you look in the mods tab. Also I'm not sure porting over a save from oldrim is really feasible. If it's a SSE save you're fine.

Also Beth.net mods are laggy and buggy as poo poo. Way worse than the steam workshop in terms of implementation. You may need to manually delete the .esp and any associated files from your data folder. If they still won't delete properly, delete plugins.txt and loadorder.txt which are in local appdata, iirc.

Mehrunes
Aug 4, 2004
Fun Shoe

The Iron Rose posted:

Also Beth.net mods are laggy and buggy as poo poo. Way worse than the steam workshop in terms of implementation.

How so? I mean I know the UI ingame is garbage compared to steamworks but how are they functionally worse aside from people just uploading lovely mods?

The Iron Rose
May 12, 2012

Mehrunes posted:

How so? I mean I know the UI ingame is garbage compared to steamworks but how are they functionally worse aside from people just uploading lovely mods?

I mean maybe they fixed it for SSE, but you would not believe the amount of bug reports I got for the mods I uploaded to bethesda.net for Fallout 4. Plugins not activating, plugins refusing to deactivate, .bsas sticking around after uninstallation. At least with steam if you've unsubscribed to something you know that at least it'll get loving deleted.

I mean I literally had dozens of people reporting these bugs and all I could say was "blame bethesda" because it sure as gently caress wasn't an .esp messing with your loadorder and plugins.txt located in a hidden folder in %appdata%

tl;dr you have no idea if installing/activating/deleting the mod through bethesda's interface is actually going to do a drat thing.

Mehrunes
Aug 4, 2004
Fun Shoe

The Iron Rose posted:

I mean maybe they fixed it for SSE, but you would not believe the amount of bug reports I got for the mods I uploaded to bethesda.net for Fallout 4. Plugins not activating, plugins refusing to deactivate, .bsas sticking around after uninstallation. At least with steam if you've unsubscribed to something you know that at least it'll get loving deleted.

I mean I literally had dozens of people reporting these bugs and all I could say was "blame bethesda" because it sure as gently caress wasn't an .esp messing with your loadorder and plugins.txt located in a hidden folder in %appdata%

tl;dr you have no idea if installing/activating/deleting the mod through bethesda's interface is actually going to do a drat thing.

Well deleting mods actually deletes them. I haven't experienced any of the problems you've described in SSE. Bethesda.net seems fine for general use.

The Iron Rose
May 12, 2012

Mehrunes posted:

Well deleting mods actually deletes them. I haven't experienced any of the problems you've described in SSE. Bethesda.net seems fine for general use.

I mean even if it worked fine, which it might in SSE, it's still a colossally dumb idea to install anything off of Beth.net instead of through the Nexus. You really want to have everything managed by a mod manager, especially if anything you're doing involves texture or mesh replacements.

God I miss Mod Organizer. So much more convenient to manage texture mods!

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

no bones about it posted:

UESP != USSEP

Ynglaur
Oct 9, 2013

The Malta Conference, anyone?

The Iron Rose posted:

I mean even if it worked fine, which it might in SSE, it's still a colossally dumb idea to install anything off of Beth.net instead of through the Nexus. You really want to have everything managed by a mod manager, especially if anything you're doing involves texture or mesh replacements.

God I miss Mod Organizer. So much more convenient to manage texture mods!

I like how with MO you could deselect individual files if you wanted to.

Clanpot Shake
Aug 10, 2006
shake shake!

Getting crashes on exterior cells using old Skyrim + DLC, stock ENB and the alternate start mod. Where should I start looking for how to fix this? Interior prison cell loads fine but the game crashes on any exterior. Using mod organizer to launch the game with the skse launcher.

Edit: nm, reinstalled the drat thing and it loads now. Stupid machines!

Clanpot Shake fucked around with this message at 23:57 on Nov 8, 2016

Burns
May 10, 2008

JK's Whiterun has been updated to work with Open Cities.

Basically the mods I am now most wanting are Interesting NPCs, Inconsequential NPCs and Immersive Armors. Anyone see those converted yet?

Also, how do I check to ensure that vsync is disabled?

Burns fucked around with this message at 00:22 on Nov 9, 2016

Cheap Shot
Aug 15, 2006

Help BIP learn gun?

Burns posted:

Didn't that turn out to be a bad idea, because physics lose their marbles over 60fps?

forest spirit
Apr 6, 2009

Frigate Hetman Sahaidachny
First to Fight Scuttle, First to Fall Sink

Cheap Shot posted:

Didn't that turn out to be a bad idea, because physics lose their marbles over 60fps?

I haven't noticed anything, and it's the only thing that really helped my lag.

iVSyncPresentInterval=0 in skyrimprefs.ini which is in My Docs/Games/Skyrim SE

I turned my monitor for 110hz down to 60hz though, and you can also set inside of the geforce/amd settings to adaptive v-sync, but I've found it's not necessary

Sometimes a fork will go flying, but most of the time I haven't noticed a difference in physics or the game "breaking"

Burns
May 10, 2008

Immersive Armors has just appeared on Nexus SE.

Ynglaur
Oct 9, 2013

Immersive Armors uses SkyUI, which needs SKSE. I'm guessing it may be a little while for that one.

Burns
May 10, 2008

Ynglaur posted:

Immersive Armors uses SkyUI, which needs SKSE. I'm guessing it may be a little while for that one.

Its up and running. Hoth stripped out SKSE functionality. Seems to be working just fine atm.

Lazy_Liberal
Sep 17, 2005

These stones are :sparkles: precious :sparkles:
Ok, I'm about to switch over to using NMM instead of the built-in mod Skyrim SE mod interface (which I assume just throws things together in a data folder). Any downside to this?

vvv Done and done, thanks goon! vvv

Lazy_Liberal fucked around with this message at 05:23 on Nov 9, 2016

Cernunnos
Sep 2, 2011

ppbbbbttttthhhhh~

Lazy_Liberal posted:

Ok, I'm about to switch over to using NMM instead of the built-in mod Skyrim SE mod interface (which I assume just throws things together in a data folder). Any downside to this?

You might want to nuke any mods you had out of the Data folder and re-install them through NMM. Not much else really.

Depending on the mods you may also have to start a new save.

I just got Old-rim up and running before the SE came out after a quite long hiatus so I'm not diving into the SE until SKSE and SkyUI (or a vague, r/modpiracy facsimile of it) come out. I just really need that improved interface with hotkeyed item groups and the MCM and all the mods that go with it.

Ynglaur
Oct 9, 2013

Burns posted:

Its up and running. Hoth stripped out SKSE functionality. Seems to be working just fine atm.

Nice!

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

https://loot.github.io/

LOOT is updated for Skyrim SE! Now you can check your mods for conflicts and organize them in a working load order.

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.

Burns posted:

Basically the mods I am now most wanting are Interesting NPCs, Inconsequential NPCs and Immersive Armors. Anyone see those converted yet?

Awesome. This is one of the things I've wanted in the 64 bit engine. Gonna check this out tonight.

ThaumPenguin
Oct 9, 2013

Burns posted:

Interesting NPCs has an alpha version available for SSE on their site.

Svanja
Sep 19, 2009

Mike the TV posted:

ENB with the SE looks pretty darn good!

What video card do you have? Cuz that is really pretty.

What ENB?

I keep wanting to dip my toes into the graphics stuff but it seems really confusing.

FutonForensic
Nov 11, 2012

The most confusing thing about ENB is the god awful UI of Boris's web page. Once you know to click on the little down arrow to download, the rest is just drag and drop the contents of "Wrapper Version" into your game's root folder.

Most other graphical updates can be automatically installed with NMM or MO.

FutonForensic fucked around with this message at 01:16 on Nov 10, 2016

Svanja
Sep 19, 2009

FutonForensic posted:

The most confusing thing about ENB is the god awful UI of Boris's web page. Once you know to click on the little down arrow to download, the rest is just drag and drop the contents of "Wrapper Version" into your game's root folder.

Most other graphical updates can be automatically installed with NMM or MO.

Thank you for the explanation! The last time I even considered ENB was over a year ago, I think, and its possible that one I looked at just had unclear instructions.

Everyone has such pretty graphics and I have a i7-6700k, 970 4GB, and 16 GB of ram that I think could handle some of them. Might be time to test it out.

ZZT the Fifth
Dec 6, 2006
I shot the invisible swordsman.
Is SPERG, or a good alternative, available for Skyrim Special Edition yet? I figured I'd asked on the off-chance that the answer is 'yes'.

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

Ordinator.

Edit: I suppose I should be more verbose: Use ordinator for SSE. It's a perk overhaul by the Apocalypse Spells guy.

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

Royalty is a continuous cutting motion

ZZT the Fifth posted:

Is SPERG, or a good alternative, available for Skyrim Special Edition yet? I figured I'd asked on the off-chance that the answer is 'yes'.

SPERG needs skse to be updated, and then it needs to be updated for sse which is not guaranteed. Ordinator is an all right substitute for now.

Monolith.
Jan 28, 2011

To save the world from the expanding Zone.
Anyone know when the MCM will be available for SE?

Orv
May 4, 2011
LITERALLY NEVER.

It'll probably be a bit.

Orv fucked around with this message at 03:28 on Nov 10, 2016

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

Orv posted:

LITERALLY NEVER.

It'll probably be a bit.

I'm honestly guessing the former rather than the latter, although I'd gladly be wrong.

The Iron Rose
May 12, 2012

Agents are GO! posted:

I'm honestly guessing the former rather than the latter, although I'd gladly be wrong.

As am I, at this point. It's not simply a matter of updating jumpcodes and offsets at all.

There's a reason you haven't seen many SKSE mods for fallout 4, and that's because the increased functionality it offers is... not a lot.

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain
Stupid 1.03 console patch

Arkitektbmw
Jun 22, 2010
Has anyone experienced a sort of white haze overlaying the entire screen?

I vaguely remember having this issue back in oldrim.

NINJA-EDIT: So to explain a bit more. I started off with True Storms, then switched to Vivid Weathers, and now I am on Climates of Tamriel. It's present in all of them. It was present in vanilla SSE as well. To be clear I checked out all of these weathers with clean saves.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crimson Harvest
Jul 14, 2004

I'm a GENERAL, not some opera floozy!
Too high gamma?