Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
http://www.psp-tv.com/r/NiteCrew
This poll is closed.
500562 49.92%
139 0.01%
153 0.02%
500888 49.95%
940 0.09%
Total: 1002682 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Man Musk
Jan 13, 2010

yo where'd the custom background go

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

Living in a hateful world sending me straight to Heaven
https://twitter.com/MittRomney/status/796352569203458048

TyrantWD
Nov 6, 2010
Ignore my doomerism, I don't think better things are possible

euphronius posted:

My guess is dem establishment will stay in place with the Siren song of the GOP loving themselves into a dem landslide in 18

When that doesn't happen then there will be change.

Why do you think there will be any change? The only Democrats that have the resources and constituency to survive in 2016 America are the pro-corporate establishment guys like Schumer, Booker, Kaine etc.

Any new blood will be in the same vein as the current establishment. With Koch/Adelson money able to sink most Democrats who aren't from rich Democratic strongholds, and Democrats turning out in far smaller numbers in midterms, good luck reforming the Democratic Party.

Marx Headroom
May 10, 2007

AT LAST! A show with nonono commercials!
Fallen Rib
Blaze it

Dog Jones
Nov 4, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Man I can't believe these Hillary people blew it, what a bunch of worthless sycophantic incompetents. Goddamn what a disaster.

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf
Welp, I woke up and this still actually happened

Spoondick
Jun 9, 2000

i thought trump ran the worst campaign in history but then he won against clinton, meaning there's at least one campaign worse than his

WeAreTheRomans
Feb 23, 2010

by R. Guyovich

I suppose some more states have that legal option now at least.

Unless the Feds start loving with that again

NumberLast
Jun 7, 2014

His victory speech was some New Deal poo poo and some Mob Boss poo poo.

Yeah, yeah that's about what I expected.

The_Politics_Man
Aug 25, 2015

squidgee posted:

you already know the answer :smith:

yeah :smith:

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

NumberLast posted:

His victory speech was some New Deal poo poo and some Mob Boss poo poo.

Yeah, yeah that's about what I expected.

It's Time For Politics

Turdfuzz
Jul 23, 2008

postin on the weed pg

C-SPAN Caller
Apr 21, 2010

Mr. Jive posted:

For one thing it's paradoxical to loudly accuse the public of being racist misogynists who will never vote for a woman because they're base and deplorable, yet insist that she can't possibly lose their votes

It's hilarious to be honest and the people screaming it are the lefts neutered equivalent of people who cry about football players kneeling.

Thump!
Nov 25, 2007

Look, fat, here's the fact, Kulak!

Holy poo poo Clinton win the popular vote lmfao

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Man Musk posted:

Taken off to reduce server load.

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

I don't think I'll be watching hillary's concession speech

Thump!
Nov 25, 2007

America just blazed itself

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

C-SPAN Caller posted:

Winning it doesn't matter and campaigning for it rather than just swing states is a waste of time. If the popular vote didn't matter you'd see a much bigger turnout.

Remove fptp, install mixed proportional rep, create only public financing and remove donations from existing. Bam I just fixed America, you can thank me later

lol the one who said they would get money out of politics is the guy who just got elected

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

I'm getting high as gently caress today

ClassActionFursuit
Mar 15, 2006

C-SPAN Caller posted:

Winning it doesn't matter and campaigning for it rather than just swing states is a waste of time. If the popular vote didn't matter you'd see a much bigger turnout.

Remove fptp, install mixed proportional rep, create only public financing and remove donations from existing. Bam I just fixed America, you can thank me later

Yes, that would do a good job disenfranchising half the people in the country. Alternately, we could do voter ID laws, purity tests, and other Jim Crow-era tactics to disenfranchise the other half of the country.

I suppose it has to be one or the other because trying to grow your own base is useless. Unless you're Trump. Or Obama. Or Reagan. Or Nixon. Or Kennedy. But good luck running them, most of them are dead!

Nix Panicus
Feb 25, 2007

Spoondick posted:

i thought trump ran the worst campaign in history but then he won against clinton, meaning there's at least one campaign worse than his

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Every moment that I'm alive, I pray for death!

Man Musk posted:

The same place as hope and optimism.

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them

Turdfuzz
Jul 23, 2008

so hillary got more votes?? like we got a 2000 situation again?? am i understanding this right cuz i havent done any real research yet (n prolly never will lets be honest)

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

Thump! posted:

Holy poo poo Clinton win the popular vote lmfao

great democracy you got there

ass cobra
May 28, 2004

by Azathoth
Posting on the Hitler birthday and Columbine page

Decius
Oct 14, 2005

Ramrod XTreme

Man Musk posted:

Removed to lessen the load since the forum was nearly dying on Election Night

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

Who's that?

Grey Fox
Jan 5, 2004

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

Gotta face it somehow. This is a start.

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Turdfuzz posted:

so hillary got more votes?? like we got a 2000 situation again?? am i understanding this right cuz i havent done any real research yet (n prolly never will lets be honest)

it's a 2000 situation in that she won the popular vote but lost the electoral college. It's not a 2000 situation where there's uncertainty about who legitimately won, trump won fair and square

TotalHell
Feb 22, 2005

Roman Reigns fights CM Punk in fantasy warld. Lotsa violins, so littl kids cant red it.

lmao Donald trump will be inaugurated on my birthday what a present

Kuato
Feb 25, 2005

"I CAN'T BELIEVE I ATE THE WHOLE THING"
Buglord
JFC what a disaster. Started hitting it hard when FLA and PA were in doubt, hoped it was all some fever dream but woke up this morning to reality. Owned by rural America

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

Turdfuzz posted:

yeah

hillary ran up the vote in new york, illinois, and california

but trump won in swing states with fairly narrow margins

TyrantWD
Nov 6, 2010
Ignore my doomerism, I don't think better things are possible

Terror Sweat posted:

trump got less votes than romney. she lost because people dont vote against stuff, they vote for stuff. dont put up somebody that people dont give a poo poo about
More Hillary voters were voting for her than against Trump. The opposite was true for Trump. Trump is only down 1 million votes from Romney 2012 and that is without the full count being in.

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

Living in a hateful world sending me straight to Heaven
https://twitter.com/PeterHamby/status/796357379944235008

This is already completely hosed on all levels.

Thump!
Nov 25, 2007

Kurtofan posted:

great democracy you got there

:smith:

Marx Headroom
May 10, 2007

AT LAST! A show with nonono commercials!
Fallen Rib
In hindsight it was completely loving childish to base an election strategy and national discourse around the notion that the majority white population would vote for the ideologically sound candidate because they should, because they would be bad people if they voted for Trump, because the left would shame them if they voted Trump, as if being shamed was the worst punishment they could receive

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

Turdfuzz posted:

yep

Higgy
Jul 6, 2005

Grimey Drawer
*wakes up with a tiny bit of optimism*

*checks news*

:yikes:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FistEnergy
Nov 3, 2000

DAY CREW: WORKING HARD