Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
http://www.psp-tv.com/r/NiteCrew
This poll is closed.
500562 49.92%
139 0.01%
153 0.02%
500888 49.95%
940 0.09%
Total: 1002682 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
change my name
Aug 27, 2007

Legends die but anime is forever.

RIP The Lost Otakus.

mastershakeman posted:

it's ok. newt is going to push for building a moon base and that's very much Trump's thing so NASA is going to be drowning in funds very soon

Earth sciences and space things are related, but totally different. Trump pledged specifically to cut one in order to fund the other, which doesn't even make any loving sense

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

Montasque posted:

https://twitter.com/PeterHamby/status/796357379944235008

This is already completely hosed on all levels.

hmm it's almost as if the fascist candidate is in fact fascist.

great job america.

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Every moment that I'm alive, I pray for death!

reignofevil posted:

Alright guys. Jokes over.

Guys?

You want a joke? I got a joke for you: America.

The_Politics_Man
Aug 25, 2015

LastInLine posted:

This isn't a meltdown and I never believed Hillary had a chance (my state went 95% for Trump and I'm a white straight male so it's all academic to me).

My point is that the system worked just fine when electing a black guy named Barack Hussein Obama twice. No reform necessary, just a standard right-of-center Democrat with an optimistic message and some charisma. There isn't any broken system to fix, the Democrats just ran a terrible, unlikeable candidate and rightly lost due to hubris.

Pretty sure the system is broken if crazy racist cheeto man won on a campaign of system broken also gently caress brown people. I mean the difference between Trump and other GOP candidates isn't the gently caress brown people part.

ThndrShk2k
Nov 3, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Bread Liar

C-SPAN Caller posted:

Lol nice troll but the polls and excitement say otherwise, Hillary couldn't turn people out, bernie could turn out olds that vote D no matter what as well as the Youngs that would have handed it over on a silver platter.
Yay Cspan Caller is here :woop:

My Linux Rig
Mar 27, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 6 years!

Spoondick posted:

so does this mean infowars and wikileaks are going to be pro-america from here on out?

Yes Alex Jones and wikileaks saved us. Trump will finally be able to uncover the curroption behind the Clintons and get government moving again

C-SPAN Caller
Apr 21, 2010

LastInLine posted:

This isn't a meltdown and I never believed Hillary had a chance (my state went 95% for Trump and I'm a white straight male so it's all academic to me).

My point is that the system worked just fine when electing a black guy named Barack Hussein Obama twice. No reform necessary, just a standard right-of-center Democrat with an optimistic message and some charisma. There isn't any broken system to fix, the Democrats just ran a terrible, unlikeable candidate and rightly lost due to hubris.

50% voter turnout is bad for a western democracy. Believe it or not there are other politics than conservative and more conservative.

Turdfuzz
Jul 23, 2008

more ppl voted 4 hillary n yet she dont get to be prez
wtf amerikkka god drat

Karl Sharks
Feb 20, 2008

The Immortal Science of Sharksism-Fininism

it begins

Inglonias
Mar 7, 2013

I WILL PUT THIS FLAG ON FREAKING EVERYTHING BECAUSE IT IS SYMBOLIC AS HELL SOMEHOW

mastershakeman posted:

it's ok. newt is going to push for building a moon base and that's very much Trump's thing so NASA is going to be drowning in funds very soon

subsidizing tickets to outer space away from the blast radius. I like it.

Sign me up.

tadashi
Feb 20, 2006

The GOP had Sanders framed as a guy who never worked a day in his life outside of government. He's an old white guy with no real ties to any professed faith.

Definitely checks the boxes of a winner.

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

Lost $3000 in stupid bets boy am I an idiot!

The best part of a Trump presidency is that in April I start hiking the Appalachian Trail so there's a good chance I get to reenact Red Dawn

Mr. Pumroy
May 20, 2001

Montasque posted:

Omarosa, a person who played a reality TV star baddy, is threatening Senator Lindsay Graham.

I'm having problems computing this one.

just let the events of the world wash over u as a gentle wave lapping at ur heels. consider it as it comes to ur attention, then release it back into the howling hell tornado, and smile

fknlo
Jul 6, 2009

Fun Shoe

Montasque posted:

Hope you're ready for at least 4 years of this.

Good luck to those in the media who choose to say bad things about President Trump. Hopefully he'll show mercy.

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin
can someone edit a got clip of the shame nun (wearing an I'm with her button) saying shame over and over to a white dude in a maga hat, then it cuts to clegane grabbing her except cleganes head is trump

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Trump's first target will be the press corps that traveled with him.

Star
Jul 15, 2005

Guerilla war struggle is a new entertainment.
Fallen Rib
I am really curious of how Hillary's "modeling of every individual voter in every battle state" missed the mark in all these states.

The_Politics_Man
Aug 25, 2015
#ItsHerTurn #I'mWithHer

Turdfuzz
Jul 23, 2008

if only dems lived in the correct geological locations

C-SPAN Caller
Apr 21, 2010

ThndrShk2k posted:

Yay Cspan Caller is here :woop:

I waited months since being poo poo on by hill shills for this moment and of course I'm taking it because maybe one or two liberals will actually understand white rural people

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Thoguh posted:

I ate a 6 hour probation yesterday when it looked like it was going to be closer than expected and I posted that the democrats shouldn't have nominated such a poo poo candidate.

I still put this on the democrats for nominating such a poo poo candidate. Deez Nuts could have beaten Trump, but no, it was her turn.

The only person who would have stood a chance was maybe Biden, and maybe just that. Bernie is a jew, and you know how the right sees them.

TyrantWD
Nov 6, 2010
Ignore my doomerism, I don't think better things are possible

Not a Step posted:

Guys, what if instead of trying to appeal to the anxiety and distress of rural whites about their changing place in America and maybe tossed them a bone or two to get them onboard, we instead just shamed the gently caress out of them to get them to see the only morally right thing to do is vote for our candidate? That sounds like it'll really amp up voter turn out during this extremely critical election.

Shame will do it.

Shame will win the election.

(a candidate with no shame whatsoever and who positively revels in his shamelessness goes on to win the election)

WHAT COULD HAVE POSSIBLY GONE WRONG WITH OUR SHAME PLAN!?

If we have to toss in some bigotry to get them on board - no gently caress them. They can have president Trump.

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

LastInLine posted:

Quoting this because it is true and it needs to be accepted for the democrats to make the gains they need to make in 2 years.

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

Thoguh posted:

I ate a 6 hour probation yesterday when it looked like it was going to be closer than expected and I posted that the democrats shouldn't have nominated such a poo poo candidate.

I still put this on the democrats for nominating such a poo poo candidate. Deez Nuts could have beaten Trump, but no, it was her turn.

Too bad Bernie was even worse at winning elections than her, yeah?

Dog Jones
Nov 4, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

Thoguh posted:

Lmfao Im glad there are other pissed off people in here and not just a bunch of Clinton people blaming Jill Stein or some crazy poo poo, which is what I expected

Turdfuzz
Jul 23, 2008

pls eliminate the electoral college OF IDIOTS

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

I called the Florida Trump office and nobody answered.

Nix Panicus
Feb 25, 2007

Pakled posted:

The primary source of "anxiety and distress of rural whites" is that black people and Latinos and Muslims exist and want civil rights.

Then find someway to work around that, because if you can't get the white vote you lose. Simple as that. Court whites or lose. Minorities alone aren't enough to win. Dehumanize yourself and face to the fact of white supremacy, not as an ideology, but as an everyday state of existence, and realize you *must* find a way to get whites on board if you ever want to accomplish anything.

TyrantWD posted:

If we have to toss in some bigotry to get them on board - no gently caress them. They can have president Trump.

Enjoy your thousand years of darkness I guess.

Nix Panicus fucked around with this message at 15:43 on Nov 9, 2016

Dog Jones
Nov 4, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

SHY NUDIST GRRL posted:

Too bad Bernie was even worse at winning elections than her, yeah?

What do you mean? He almost won against her with almost no name recognition starting out and with the entire democratic establishment colluding against him

Grey Fox
Jan 5, 2004

Nonsense posted:

I called the Florida Trump office and nobody answered.
They were all out working the rallies.

orange sky
May 7, 2007

Montasque posted:

To whoever thought this wouldn't happen: lol.

ClassActionFursuit
Mar 15, 2006

resar posted:

Pretty sure the system is broken if crazy racist cheeto man won on a campaign of system broken also gently caress brown people. I mean the difference between Trump and other GOP candidates isn't the gently caress brown people part.

And yet, a guy who is in fact a brown person convinced those exact same people to vote for him under the exact same rules that you now say are so inherently racist that they need to change. This is purely on the Democrats for running a candidate who couldn't reach those people, people who they had convinced both four and eight years earlier to vote for their guy.

If you don't want a fascist Cheeto to have the nuclear codes, don't run a candidate loathed by the majority of the country as the only alternative.

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Thoguh posted:

There is no bullshitting around it. Historically catastrophic candidacy.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Not a Step posted:

Then find someway to work around that, because if you can't get the white vote you lose. Simple as that. Court whites or lose. Minorities alone aren't enough to win. Dehumanize yourself and face to the fact of white supremacy, not as an ideology, but as an everyday state of existence, and realize you *must* find a way to get whites on board if you ever want to accomplish anything.

Sounds great . Two fascist parties to choose from

(I don't disagree)

tadashi
Feb 20, 2006

Pandering to white America is definitely what got Barack Obama elected and the reason John Kerry did not.

Guy DeBorgore
Apr 6, 1994

Catnip is the opiate of the masses
Soiled Meat
i hope after the mods wake up they ban all the folks crawling out of the woodwork blaming the victim for losing to the thin-skinned empty suit

they're easily identified b/c they use capital letters and punctuation marks and are awful

we can talk about how the election was lost later, now is a time for mourning.

Ivor Biggun
Apr 30, 2003

A big "Fuck You!" from the Keyhole nebula

Lipstick Apathy
At least we'll finally get to see Trump's taxes

A GIANT PARSNIP
Apr 13, 2010

Too much fuckin' eggnog

Good news everyone! The Nevada firewall held!

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

(and can't post for 23 days!)

tadashi posted:

The GOP had Sanders framed as a guy who never worked a day in his life outside of government. He's an old white guy with no real ties to any professed faith.

Definitely checks the boxes of a winner.

Sanders worked as a carpenter - just like Jesus - and is a Jew - just like Jesus

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Marx Headroom
May 10, 2007

AT LAST! A show with nonono commercials!
Fallen Rib

Pakled posted:

The primary source of "anxiety and distress of rural whites" is that black people and Latinos and Muslims exist and want civil rights.

This is what I'm talking about. You (second person you, not you personally Pakled) are incapable of effecting real change because you refuse to acknowledge that your worldview is incompatible with the reality of our current system

"But but they SHOULD'T be allowed to vote for racist policies!!!" is apparently not going to stop anyone from doing that

• Locked thread