Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TKIY
Nov 6, 2012
Grimey Drawer
Is the discussion of where to get communist resin forbidden? I can't recall if it's considered :filez: or not.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mango Polo
Aug 4, 2007

TKIY posted:

Is the discussion of where to get communist resin forbidden? I can't recall if it's considered :filez: or not.

Talking is alright.

Bragging is not.
Where to buy is :trumppop:

hail satan

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat

TKIY posted:

Come join the Slack and ask away

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Dark Angels are going to be in book VIII :pcgaming:

So will Blood Angels, I guess.

TKIY
Nov 6, 2012
Grimey Drawer

BULBASAUR posted:

Come join the Slack and ask away

Yeah I should do that...

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
whatever happened to ghost hand?

also now that gw is less horrible please do not steal from them

A 50S RAYGUN fucked around with this message at 00:34 on Nov 6, 2016

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat
He's a bot that lives in our slack channel that randomaly says positive things about Games Workshop

ThNextGreenLantern
Feb 13, 2012
Would anyone be interested in my Custodes, Sisters of Silence, or the Burning of Prospero Special Characters? I'm looking for Calth missile launchers, flamers, and/or Contemptors and would like to do a trade of some kind. I'm US based and have 3 sets of each. (I had a lot of store credit and picked up 3 sets of Prospero, not realizing the mk 3 sprue lacks a missile launcher or flamer.)

If interested, send me an e-mail at thenextgreenlantern@gmail.com since I don't have PMs.

PS: Also, any advice for decking out 90 Death Guard marines might be appreciated. I was thinking of keeping squads sizes to multiples of 7, since that's Nurgle's number. I have 4 Rhinos, a Vindicator, and a Land Raider kicking around as well that I can use here.

DJ Dizzy
Feb 11, 2009

Real men don't use bolters.

Mark 3 assault marines yo.

Sulecrist
Apr 5, 2007

Better tear off this bar association logo.

ThNextGreenLantern posted:

Would anyone be interested in my Custodes, Sisters of Silence, or the Burning of Prospero Special Characters? I'm looking for Calth missile launchers, flamers, and/or Contemptors and would like to do a trade of some kind. I'm US based and have 3 sets of each. (I had a lot of store credit and picked up 3 sets of Prospero, not realizing the mk 3 sprue lacks a missile launcher or flamer.)

If interested, send me an e-mail at thenextgreenlantern@gmail.com since I don't have PMs.

PS: Also, any advice for decking out 90 Death Guard marines might be appreciated. I was thinking of keeping squads sizes to multiples of 7, since that's Nurgle's number. I have 4 Rhinos, a Vindicator, and a Land Raider kicking around as well that I can use here.

Email sent! No useful advice re Death Guard.

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Well, since no one else has done it yet, here's some pictures from the Open Day:

Fashionable Jorts
Jan 18, 2010

Maybe if I'm busy it could keep me from you

Contemptor has a gun sword?

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat
I really like the hover tanks, but I can't get behind that contemptor.

MasterSlowPoke
Oct 9, 2005

Our courage will pull us through

Fashionable Jorts posted:

Contemptor has a gun sword?

Flamer sword, actually.

Squibsy
Dec 3, 2005

Not suited, just booted.
College Slice
That's a better Dreadknight than the Dreadknight.

SteelMentor
Oct 15, 2012

TOXIC
Dig the Contemptor, but they could have better served it putting it in a slightly more dynamic pose imo, Banana Tank remains awesome, Freki and Geri are Good Dogs.

tallkidwithglasses
Feb 7, 2006

BULBASAUR posted:

I really like the hover tanks, but I can't get behind that contemptor.

That's actually going to be the primarch for my II legion army,

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

I like this, but it looks overwhelmingly like a Grey Knight to me.

ineptmule posted:

That's a better Dreadknight than the Dreadknight.

Yeeep. Use that to replace the dumb robot-kangaroo.

Fashionable Jorts
Jan 18, 2010

MasterSlowPoke posted:

Flamer sword, actually.

I think I saw that at a Metallica concert.

SteelMentor
Oct 15, 2012

TOXIC
Finished assembling my first BoP box and I treated myself to some FW goodies to go along with it, but now I'm stuck of where to go with my SoH.
At the moment I'm at:

Maloghurst
2 Praetors/Centurions/Consols
3 Veteran Tactical Squads
5 Reavers
Tartaros Squad
Contemptor w/Kheres

I obviously want to bulk out the Reavers and grab them a Dreadclaw as well as grab some Rhinos for the Vet squads but I'm not sure what else. More Reavers? Quad-launcher support? Sicarians? Sell a kidney and get a Mastodon?

Everything in Heresy looks fun but the points start racking up fast, list building's far harder than 40k for me.

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat
Agreed. Things tend to cost more in the Heresy and MSU just isn't a viable strategy due to how points scaling works. Probably the biggest question you should answer in any list is this: what are you doing with your troops and how much are you going to invest into them? That basically dictates the rest of your list.

PantsOptional
Dec 27, 2012

All I wanna do is make you bounce
Looking into fielding some Seekers since I got an extra 10 BoC Marines and Seekers seem both easy to use and easy to convert from the box. What's the general opinion on them? They seem to be reasonably good at taking down Terminators and Auxilia infantry with their basic lineup, but IDK if they're worth it.

Fashionable Jorts
Jan 18, 2010

I think the consensus is that Seekers are the best sniper-type unit in the game, the only disadvantage is that they take a precious fast attack slot.

Slightly better than veterans, definitely better than mor dethyan or headhunters.

panascope
Mar 26, 2005

SteelMentor posted:

Finished assembling my first BoP box and I treated myself to some FW goodies to go along with it, but now I'm stuck of where to go with my SoH.
At the moment I'm at:

Maloghurst
2 Praetors/Centurions/Consols
3 Veteran Tactical Squads
5 Reavers
Tartaros Squad
Contemptor w/Kheres

I obviously want to bulk out the Reavers and grab them a Dreadclaw as well as grab some Rhinos for the Vet squads but I'm not sure what else. More Reavers? Quad-launcher support? Sicarians? Sell a kidney and get a Mastodon?

Everything in Heresy looks fun but the points start racking up fast, list building's far harder than 40k for me.

Wait to get Reavers until they fix them. In the meantime get Justaerin, and if you hate yourself, a Dreadclaw.

SteelMentor
Oct 15, 2012

TOXIC

panascope posted:

Wait to get Reavers until they fix them. In the meantime get Justaerin, and if you hate yourself, a Dreadclaw.

Those Justaerin sure are tasty. What's the best game plan with them? The Power Axes I see them modelled with would surely waste Merciless Fighters, Lightning Claw them up or give Them Power/Chainfists for tank busting?

panascope
Mar 26, 2005

SteelMentor posted:

Those Justaerin sure are tasty. What's the best game plan with them? The Power Axes I see them modelled with would surely waste Merciless Fighters, Lightning Claw them up or give Them Power/Chainfists for tank busting?

Power Fists and single Lightning Claws are both good, combi-weapons are what you really want though for that BS5. I find I don't turn on Merciless Fighters very often with Justaerin.

PantsOptional
Dec 27, 2012

All I wanna do is make you bounce

Fashionable Jorts posted:

I think the consensus is that Seekers are the best sniper-type unit in the game, the only disadvantage is that they take a precious fast attack slot.

Slightly better than veterans, definitely better than mor dethyan or headhunters.

That actually works out perfectly - playing Iron Warriors, I'm much more concerned with my HS slots than my FA slots.

Bear Enthusiast
Mar 20, 2010

Maybe
You'll think of me
When you are all alone
Well keeping up with this thread and sometimes the painting thread has finally convinced me to at least paint some jewel like objects of wonder.

Last time I painted space barbies was almost a decade ago, can anyone point me in the right direction on painting some Alpha Legion?

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

Bear Enthusiast posted:

Well keeping up with this thread and sometimes the painting thread has finally convinced me to at least paint some jewel like objects of wonder.

Last time I painted space barbies was almost a decade ago, can anyone point me in the right direction on painting some Alpha Legion?

Flat blue or metallic like the forgeworld ones? If you don't have an airbrush you could do what I did and base them in a light silver, then use a blue glaze, followed by a green glaze, then finished again with a blue glaze.

Otherwise this is the forgeworld recipe.

Gato The Elder
Apr 14, 2006

Pillbug

ijyt posted:

Flat blue or metallic like the forgeworld ones? If you don't have an airbrush you could do what I did and base them in a light silver, then use a blue glaze, followed by a green glaze, then finished again with a blue glaze.

That looks phenomenal! Have you tried letting the green come through a bit more?

GreenMarine
Apr 25, 2009

Switchblade Switcharoo
I did a couple Alpha Legion that were painted silver, then glazed three times with blue and one glaze of green. You can play with the number of glazes to get the effect you want.

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat
GreenMarine stealth started an Alpha Legion army without telling the group. Sneaky!

GreenMarine
Apr 25, 2009

Switchblade Switcharoo

BULBASAUR posted:

GreenMarine stealth started an Alpha Legion army without telling the group. Sneaky!

No these are from before I switched to World Eaters. Test minis. But Betrayer converted me to a World Eater.

Bear Enthusiast
Mar 20, 2010

Maybe
You'll think of me
When you are all alone

ijyt posted:

That looks fantastic, I just have no experience with glazes at all compared to my tiny amount of experience with normal rear end paints. Perhaps I'd be better suited in the painting thread and throw myself at their mercy.

Love the Alpha Legion pictures though!

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

Bear Enthusiast posted:

That looks fantastic, I just have no experience with glazes at all compared to my tiny amount of experience with normal rear end paints. Perhaps I'd be better suited in the painting thread and throw myself at their mercy.

Love the Alpha Legion pictures though!

You're in luck! There's basically no risk to them. No thinning, no technical things to worry about. Just paint an even coat and let them dry. Glazes are basically the same as paints, but with more medium than pigment, so they're transparent. The painting thread is a great resource though so definitely hit that up.

Although like with a wash, you might not want them to pool too much.

OMG sriracha pudding! posted:

That looks phenomenal! Have you tried letting the green come through a bit more?

Thanks! There's a stage where it's a bit more green but I might play around with a test model I have, though I prefer a blue-er finish to be honest. Might try and get the raised edges a bit greener.

ijyt fucked around with this message at 01:51 on Nov 9, 2016

BirdieBedtime
Apr 1, 2011

Bear Enthusiast posted:

Tamiya Light Blue Metallic Spray is your friend. Basecoat them in grey spray and go to town. The darker ones in the image below were coated in incubi darkness because I had a dumb, though I think I may do more like them in the future. Follow up with a light purple wash to catch the recesses and a few light glazes of clear green and you're good to go (or at least somewhere tabletop-ready with very little real work, like in the smaller images)

And really, there's no wrong way to paint your Harrow! Whatever methods ends up being the most fun is the best.

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

Oh drat, that's what I wish Scale75's Cobalt Alchemy had been.

e: VVV I'm just going to keep using it as the basecoat until it runs out :v

ijyt fucked around with this message at 02:41 on Nov 9, 2016

BirdieBedtime
Apr 1, 2011
Haha, yeah; I remember the We Are Alpharius group on FB losing their poo poo when the Alchemy range first came out. Here we are, how much later, and a whole lotta nothin. Oh well, thank you based Tamiya.

Bear Enthusiast
Mar 20, 2010

Maybe
You'll think of me
When you are all alone

ijyt posted:

You're in luck! There's basically no risk to them. No thinning, no technical things to worry about. Just paint an even coat and let them dry. Glazes are basically the same as paints, but with more medium than pigment, so they're transparent. The painting thread is a great resource though so definitely hit that up.

Although like with a wash, you might not want them to pool too much.

BirdieBedtime posted:

Tamiya Light Blue Metallic Spray is your friend. Basecoat them in grey spray and go to town. The darker ones in the image below were coated in incubi darkness because I had a dumb, though I think I may do more like them in the future. Follow up with a light purple wash to catch the recesses and a few light glazes of clear green and you're good to go (or at least somewhere tabletop-ready with very little real work, like in the smaller images)

And really, there's no wrong way to paint your Harrow! Whatever methods ends up being the most fun is the best.

Both of these sound fantastic, thanks a bunch!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

Would having veteran teams with combi flamers and heavy flamers be redundant? While also running pyroclasts? :kimchi: