Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
kirtar
Sep 11, 2011

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

Is it just first appearances or does aegis of the legion look like a overpriced stat stick without any good stats?

It's 103% gold efficient so it's pretty close to the rate of buying basic items.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aumanor
Nov 9, 2012
So now that Fervor is terrible, what's the best keystone to run on Kayle? Simply swapping to Deathfire and leaving the rest of the build intact, or switching to 12/18/0 and going Thunderlord's?

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED
welp I get to play Elsa in League now so I guess I better get this skin

e: Anivia buffs on the pbe, why

How Rude
Aug 13, 2012

FUCK THIS SHIT
I didn't realize that Mikaels got changed to have 20% extra healing and shielding instead of 10%. The heal being removed is extremely frustrating to say the least. With this and the other two items you can have a total 40% increased healing/shielding!

Argona
Feb 16, 2009

I don't want to go on living the boring life of a celestial forever.

patch notes posted:

DAMAGE TO MINIONS : Turret bullets now deal a fixed percent of minion max health:
• MELEE : ~45% health per bullet
• RANGED : ~70% health per bullet
• SIEGE : ~14% health per bullet
• SUPER : ~5% health per bullet

I don't remember seeing this change in the pbe notes. I guess it doesn't really affect laning, but it might help supports last hit later in the game?

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED

Argona posted:

I don't remember seeing this change in the pbe notes. I guess it doesn't really affect laning, but it might help supports last hit later in the game?

It was probably necessary because of the HP changes they made to melee and caster minions.

im old rick bitch
Oct 19, 2004

How does it feel?
when are people building aegis on supports now? only on tankier supports? and the passive heal bonuses still stack with other items?

Coca Koala
Nov 28, 2005

ongoing nowhere
College Slice

Sexpansion posted:

It was probably necessary because of the HP changes they made to melee and caster minions.

They explicitly say this is the case in the patch notes.

GoodluckJonathan
Oct 31, 2003

Sexpansion posted:

e: Anivia buffs on the pbe, why

Not exactly. They're taking away the e -> r combo. Now she can only get double damage off her e from her q or a "fully formed" r. They are speeding up the growth on r to compensate though.

Argona
Feb 16, 2009

I don't want to go on living the boring life of a celestial forever.

BY A SPLIT : Gain 10% bonus armor and magic resist (+2 flat armor and magic resist per level) when damaged by an enemy champion for 2 seconds (9 second cooldown)

does this mean they're giving 36 flat armor/mr (+ the 10% bonus armor/mr but that wont be too much) when you get hit by an enemy champ at 18? isn't that like equivalent to a steraks gage?

henkman
Oct 8, 2008
For 2 seconds. It's pretty good for mitigating burst

CubeTheory
Mar 26, 2010

Cube Reversal
Wait, why are the giving Garen built in Black Cleaver on his E. What. wahtahawha

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

its on the same tier as insight however so the majority of tanks will never take it. seems like it might be viable on certain AD champions though, like one of the popular ezreal mastery setups is 18/0/12 but swapping insight for fearless to avoid getting oneshot by AD jarvan or something like that.

stump collector
May 28, 2007
my boy kassadin needs some love

sike hes perfect in every way

How Rude
Aug 13, 2012

FUCK THIS SHIT

Argona posted:

BY A SPLIT : Gain 10% bonus armor and magic resist (+2 flat armor and magic resist per level) when damaged by an enemy champion for 2 seconds (9 second cooldown)

does this mean they're giving 36 flat armor/mr (+ the 10% bonus armor/mr but that wont be too much) when you get hit by an enemy champ at 18? isn't that like equivalent to a steraks gage?

will probably be good vs. champions like Syndra that do all their damage in 2 seconds.

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005
The Alistar rework is really cool! Excited to climb the NA ladder during Trump's first year in office :)

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005
We're all doomed

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED

kingcobweb posted:

We're all doomed

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

Is it just first appearances or does aegis of the legion look like a overpriced stat stick without any good stats?

It's a decent support item against a team with enough magic damage to make it worthwhile. The shield can swing fights or keep somebody important from getting burst down.

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

ToxicSlurpee posted:

It's a decent support item against a team with enough magic damage to make it worthwhile. The shield can swing fights or keep somebody important from getting burst down.

It's pretty clearly the anti-burst item now that Mikael's had its heal removed.

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005
New Banner of Command seems absolutely ridiculous, it'll be core on any tank that chews through mana (Alistar, Malphite, Taric, etc). It's almost as powerful as the banner of fascism being carried by my country

Transient People
Dec 22, 2011

"When a man thinketh on anything whatsoever, his next thought after is not altogether so casual as it seems to be. Not every thought to every thought succeeds indifferently."
- Thomas Hobbes, Leviathan

kingcobweb posted:

New Banner of Command seems absolutely ridiculous, it'll be core on any tank that chews through mana (Alistar, Malphite, Taric, etc). It's almost as powerful as the banner of fascism being carried by my country

drat, talk about being on fire with the humor. This IS the time when it's most needed, though.

Dr. Mantis Toboggan
May 5, 2003

flyingkiwi posted:

You really have nothing to do after a full clear now

e: man you better pray someone doesn't push their loving lane because you have like an entire minute of just sitting around doing NOTHING if you can't gank anywhere

Invade or counter gank

Moatman
Mar 21, 2014

Because the goof is all mine.
So what are jungle routes going to look like now that Krugs and Gromp spawn 15 seconds late? Start small camp? That seems kinda weird for leashing.

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Moatman posted:

So what are jungle routes going to look like now that Krugs and Gromp spawn 15 seconds late? Start small camp? That seems kinda weird for leashing.

There probably won't be any, except maybe a bit of midlane help on raptors. I think the assumption is that, now that Smite has a heal baked in, leashing is less necessary.

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD
The new jungle, like our new president, is actually really good.

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005
Krugs are annoying as gently caress

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED
New Katarina looks really fun but I can't tell if it's actually any good or not.

Teikanmi
Dec 16, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Someone was asking about how to clear earlier and the answer is "never do the Krug camp"

Teikanmi
Dec 16, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Also Fizz unbelievably broken, get it while it's hot, ladies

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED

Teikanmi posted:

Those W changes looked insane from the get go, I'm not super surprised.

Thinking tanks are the new meta, especially with the change to masteries. The resolve tree has some good poo poo in it now.

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012
The weird 15 second delay makes sense; it's riot crossing their fingers and going "pleeeeeeease work" at their plan (for tanks to clear slowest, gold farmers to clear less slow, and Shyvana to clear fastest)

Orv
May 4, 2011

Teikanmi posted:

The impression I got from the changes was Darius: With Immunity. C/D.

Aerox
Jan 8, 2012
So how bad is it playing a non-assassin midlaner right now? Are things still ok or is picking my favorite squid a death sentence now?

Teikanmi
Dec 16, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Orv posted:

The impression I got from the changes was Darius: With Immunity. C/D.

R > AA > E > AA > Q > AA > W AA reset

It's loving unstoppable, no one can handle the damage that final AA does. Early game does 1/3 of their HP, does like 1200 magic damage damage late game.

Teikanmi fucked around with this message at 21:40 on Nov 9, 2016

Teikanmi
Dec 16, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Aerox posted:

So how bad is it playing a non-assassin midlaner right now? Are things still ok or is picking my favorite squid a death sentence now?

Lulu mid insanely good right now because she's the anti-assassin champ, along with Malz

Plus no one knows what the hell theyre doing on the new assassins, so those two are even better

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED

Teikanmi posted:

Lulu mid insanely good right now because she's the anti-assassin champ, along with Malz

Plus no one knows what the hell theyre doing on the new assassins, so those two are even better

What's the probability that the Malz changes on the PBE somehow make him even better, I'm gonna' say like 70%.

Also I am playing Nautilus and Nasus mid this patch like it's world of tanks.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

CubeTheory posted:

Wait, why are the giving Garen built in Black Cleaver on his E. What. wahtahawha

Hello yes what I love spin to win

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

i didnt realize they gave talon a heal on his q, lol

too bad this champs gonna be banned every game in ranked, hes real cool now

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
I didn't see anything in the notes about Garen getting black Cleaver on his E???

• Locked thread