Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
http://www.psp-tv.com/r/NiteCrew
This poll is closed.
500562 49.92%
139 0.01%
153 0.02%
500888 49.95%
940 0.09%
Total: 1002682 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Endless Trash
Aug 12, 2007

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GmFp0I8AZqw&t=166s

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Darkman Fanpage posted:

latinos hate other latinos.

The Democrats forgot that there's no darker FYGM force than the drive to pull up the ladder after yourself.

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene

MaxxBot posted:

I never thought I'd say this but I actually think you guys are being too hard on Hillary. The only Dem that has proven to be able to get good turnout is Obama, perhaps his success in 2008 and 2012 masked just how unpopular Dems are overall. I do think we could have chosen a better candidate than Hillary but there's no guarantee they'd be able to get Dems to the polls like Obama did.

no i think its very important that poster after poster claims citizens united and college loans are the two issues that would really fire up the rust belt

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug
SO how about that loving Wang guy who said 99%.

orange sky
May 7, 2007

https://twitter.com/business/status/796397299140268032

When big banks make money you know everything's alright with the world

https://twitter.com/carlquintanilla/status/796391138638827520

Classy.

I'm fascinated by this. How the gently caress was this possible.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Philthy posted:

wang eat the bugs

Ovenmaster
Feb 22, 2006
I am the master of ovens for some reason.
As a white male living in Scandinavia I can afford to feel however I want about this as it probably won't affect me in any major way, but still I feel strangely... content about the result. When I first saw the result I had some mild anxiety but it quickly passed over into, first of all schadenfreude against Clinton and the DNC, but secondly the feeling that wow, that's a really impressive win, good on Trump and his supporters. I actually felt way more disillusioned and lovely when Bernie's loss in the primary was a sure thing about half way through, which turned me off the entire election in general.

Now I'm feeling maybe even excited about watching where Trump's presidency leads, be it trainwreck, dystopian hellhole or something else entirely.

edit: also really it's great comedy

C-SPAN Caller
Apr 21, 2010

eightpole posted:

White women are loving retards

Young white women aren't nearly as bad you take that back

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

It's a little bit juvenile, but it's simple and it's timeless.

We let it be known that Schnorkles, for a snack, eats tiny pieces of shit.

You're picturing it and you're talking about it. That's a win in my book.

Pook Good Mook posted:

If Chuck Schumer isn't planning to invoke cloture on every loving thing that comes before the body he's a goddamn moron. Some of the administrative stuff that the Executive branch passed under Obama is gone (or will at least be up to the courts once Trump-lackey led rule-making runs its course). The Senate can still save Obamacare, the tax code, certain social programs. You still need 60 votes to get any federal judges elected. Let Trump and his incompetent administration go hard right and get people pissed off (don't forget, 2/3's of Americans are totally fine with gay marriage, women in military, trans rights, etc). Senate dems need to hold the line.

There is some strong instutionalism in the GOP old guard in the senate still, I think. But they'll nuke the fillibuster if the Dems do what they did.

MaxxBot
Oct 6, 2003

you could have clapped

you should have clapped!!
Please save us Jeb!

:(

sugar free jazz
Mar 5, 2008

like itd oesnt even feel good that the people celebrating trump's win are going to be completely destroyed by his policies tbat just makes me feel worse god this is really bad lol lotta people prolly gonna die early

i mean i guess killing all the poor people is a way to fix poverty vOv

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib

That DICK! posted:

You can't always get what you want

Didn't Trump play that at the end of his speech at the convention?

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

Living in a hateful world sending me straight to Heaven
Hey guys, breaking news, Rush is really happy.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Filibuster is gone mate

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

Philthy posted:

currently looking up bug recipes

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

sugar free jazz posted:

like itd oesnt even feel good that the people celebrating trump's win are going to be completely destroyed by his policies tbat just makes me feel worse god this is really bad lol lotta people prolly gonna die early

i mean i guess killing all the poor people is a way to fix poverty vOv

I think I mentioned earlier the historical repercussions of the black death were.... great for the surviving poor and small business owners, actually.

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.

Bholder posted:

Why would we make fun of you?

ONE OF US
ONE OF US
ONE OF US

Let's be realistic, Britian is already going "yeah, something dumber than Brexit we can shift the blame on. Besides, we almost found a way to wriggle out of Brexit."

America has proven itself a nation full of drunken rednecks. Nothing matters, just laugh.

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

orange sky posted:

https://twitter.com/business/status/796397299140268032

When big banks make money you know everything's alright with the world

https://twitter.com/carlquintanilla/status/796391138638827520

Classy.

I'm fascinated by this. How the gently caress was this possible.

Holy lmao, not even bankers are comforting her

this is what undying loyalty to wall street earns: bus tire tracks on your back

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug

Ovenmaster posted:

As a white male living in Scandinavia I can afford to feel however I want about this as it probably won't affect me in any major way, but still I feel strangely... content about the result. When I first saw the result I had some mild anxiety but it quickly passed over into, first of all schadenfreude against Clinton and the DNC, but secondly the feeling that wow, that's a really impressive win, good on Trump and his supporters. I actually felt way more disillusioned and lovely when Bernie's loss in the primary was a sure thing about half way through, which turned me off the entire election in general.

Now I'm feeling maybe even excited about watching where Trump's presidency leads, be it trainwreck, dystopian hellhole or something else entirely.

You say this as if nuclear fallout won't cover the entire planet a year from now.

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

Monkey Fracas posted:

I think it's because I'm tired but things keep popping into my head

Luxurious

Trump Steaks

The Art of The Deal

Chy-na

We're going to Make America Great Again!!!!

LAW and ORDER

Trust me folks, it's gonna be great

an image of a boot grinding a human face into the sidewalk

I've got the best plan

sounds like y'got the prodromes

ThndrShk2k
Nov 3, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Bread Liar

Darkman Fanpage posted:

this hillary lady... she was not a good pick.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Neurolimal posted:

All the pro-clintonites trying to find a spin for losing so hard to an orange clown that he earned more minority votes than the last tire fire should just accept the moderator olive branch that allows them to post despite taking an extremely stupid toxx and vacate the thread

this goes double for any if them still trying to be Grizzled Vote Veteran telling young voters how politics iz, after being wrong in every possible way

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

euphronius posted:

Filibuster is gone mate

I think there might be an olive branch if they keep it to up and down votes and don't require cloture on everything, but if they stonewall its gone in the first month

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Well I guess if the Dems are spare with the buster it could stay

Ovenmaster
Feb 22, 2006
I am the master of ovens for some reason.

Philthy posted:

You say this as if nuclear fallout won't cover the entire planet a year from now.

Well if that happens boy will my face be red.

or melting off from radiation poisoning

Man Musk
Jan 13, 2010

Wow the Most Powerful Vice President Elect in History

Karl Sharks
Feb 20, 2008

The Immortal Science of Sharksism-Fininism

Pook Good Mook posted:

If Chuck Schumer isn't planning to invoke cloture on every loving thing that comes before the body he's a goddamn moron. Some of the administrative stuff that the Executive branch passed under Obama is gone (or will at least be up to the courts once Trump-lackey led rule-making runs its course). The Senate can still save Obamacare, the tax code, certain social programs. You still need 60 votes to get any federal judges elected. Let Trump and his incompetent administration go hard right and get people pissed off (don't forget, 2/3's of Americans are totally fine with gay marriage, women in military, trans rights, etc). Senate dems need to hold the line.

unless they get rid of filibuster

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Proud Musk and Dogecoin fanboy

Mr. Jive posted:

If this is accurate it throws the identity politics strategy right out the loving window

The Clinton campaign hung their mantle on convincing women to hate Trump for his repeated explicit misogyny

Identity politics only works if people identify with it. More white women see Clinton as a terrible criminal that supported her rapist husband through multiple investigations. Trump has allegations, sure, but the Clinton's are widely seen as criminals.

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

willfully blind.

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012
mods please change my av to bernie sanders making GBS threads on my posts.

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Joe Biden is a top 15 president

eightpole posted:

White women are loving retards

After seeing how my sister treats her single friends before getting engaged and afterwards I can completely see why white women went hard in the paint for president elect Trump

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene

Squizzle posted:

sounds like y'got the prodromes

:rip:

OB_Juan
Nov 24, 2004

Not every day is a good day.

Dinosaur Gum
Ed Balls.

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
"I love gives-no-fucks Obama, especially at all the shade he's throwing at Donald Trump!" - D&D, including myself, for multiple months

SirJohnnyMcDonald
Oct 24, 2010

by exmarx
Really, its best to assume if you arent completely ideologically aligned and in firm support of the democrats you are basically human garbage.

Stupid poor white elitist racist mysoginist women.

C-SPAN Caller
Apr 21, 2010

Neurolimal posted:

Holy lmao, not even bankers are comforting her

this is what undying loyalty to wall street earns: bus tire tracks on your back

Meanwhile Bernie is one of the most universally loved politicians right now.

Josef K. Sourdust
Jul 16, 2014

"To be quite frank, Platinum sucks at making games. Vanquish was terrible and Metal Gear Rising: Revengance was so boring it put me to sleep."

:siren: INFO POST :siren:

The Estonian national government has collapsed after a vote of no confidence. There will automatically be an election. Estonia has a 25% population of Russians. Estonia has an electronic voting system (afaik) and has been subject of Russian cyberwarfare in the past. There are pro-Russian political parties.

It's on.

Oh boy....

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

euphronius posted:

Well I guess if the Dems are spare with the buster it could stay

a lot of the older dems and reps are still very much about the senate as an institution and that its not the braying pit of jackals that the house is, but the internal pressure would be too much.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Schnorkles posted:

I think there might be an olive branch if they keep it to up and down votes and don't require cloture on everything, but if they stonewall its gone in the first month

I thought rules could only be set once per session at the start, or am I wrong?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

orange sky
May 7, 2007

Ovenmaster posted:

edit: also really it's great comedy

Oh yeah it's definitely not going to affect you at all.

We're not in the 1600's you know.

How someone could be even mildly excited about this man:

http://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2016/01/28/upshot/donald-trump-twitter-insults.html

Is beyond me.

And yet 50 million people in his own country are. I'm scared, today. This is actually one of the saddest days of my life that I remember, since it doesn't bode well for anyone's future.

• Locked thread