Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Feb 2, 2016

by R. Guyovich
Random question,

Reading Wikipedia this line appears about Stan "it is heavily implied that Stan was the only one aware that It was not only female but was also pregnant"

Does anyone know the lines that this refers too?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Josef K. Sourdust
Jul 16, 2014

"To be quite frank, Platinum sucks at making games. Vanquish was terrible and Metal Gear Rising: Revengance was so boring it put me to sleep."

504 posted:

Random question,

Reading Wikipedia this line appears about Stan "it is heavily implied that Stan was the only one aware that It was not only female but was also pregnant"

Does anyone know the lines that this refers too?

I'm not sure but I think there is some reference to it near the end of the book. I'd be curious if anyone could find the line, because I am sure it is just a glancing reference by Mike or one of the other Losers.

WattsvilleBlues
Jan 25, 2005

Every demon wants his pound of flesh

Rev. Bleech_ posted:

BEEPBEEP RICHIE WITH THE BEEPIN AN THE BOOPIN AND THE BBBBRRRPPBRRRRPBOO

This goons gets it :bravo:

PsychedelicWarlord
Sep 8, 2016

WattsvilleBlues posted:

Before I read The Shining, I'd heard about the supposedly creepy chapter with the topiary animals. I always thought this was dumb and would come across as such and ruin my life... Then I read the book.

That chapter unsettled the poo poo out of me. That man can effing write.

I just read this part and I was terrified

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.

DrVenkman posted:

Turns out I quite liked REVIVAL. It helps I was listening to the Audiobook read by David Morse, who is a great reader, but even before the third act turn I thought it was well-written and interesting. I'd like to see King take a shot at just something that was relatively straight because with this and DOCTOR SLEEP he does just fine.

I was left kind of cold by Revival, but hearing that David Morse reads the audiobook has gotten me to start listening to it on TuneIn. Are you happy?

A Typical Goon
Feb 25, 2011

Josef K. Sourdust posted:

I'm not sure but I think there is some reference to it near the end of the book. I'd be curious if anyone could find the line, because I am sure it is just a glancing reference by Mike or one of the other Losers.

I'm pretty sure Stan makes a comment that implies that the monster is female during the first ritual of Chud. On the same note the whole ritual of Chud part owned and was my favourite writing in the whole book.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Stan: Lookit those tits on that spider!

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Isn't it a thing at the end when they realize that's why he killed himself?

Franchescanado
Feb 23, 2013

If it wasn't for disappointment
I wouldn't have any appointment

Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/StephenKing/status/796308411696762881

Perhaps a hamster
Jun 15, 2010

:(

Is it the Trump that broke him?

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Perhaps a hamster posted:

:(

Is it the Trump that broke him?
I assume so. This is a poo poo year.

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
trump is basically the same as the antagonists in almost every book hes written

Josef K. Sourdust
Jul 16, 2014

"To be quite frank, Platinum sucks at making games. Vanquish was terrible and Metal Gear Rising: Revengance was so boring it put me to sleep."

Greg Stilson won :clint:

I would post that gif of Trump donning a hardhat but :effort:

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Big Don Rennie

juliuspringle
Jul 7, 2007

Are Finders Keepers and or Bazaar of Bad Dreams worth reading? I have both from the library currently but I haven't actually bothered to read them yet.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

oldpainless posted:

Big Don Rennie

Was the first thing that came to my mind as well.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

juliuspringle posted:

Are Finders Keepers and or Bazaar of Bad Dreams worth reading? I have both from the library currently but I haven't actually bothered to read them yet.
I liked Finders Keepers a lot.

Josef K. Sourdust
Jul 16, 2014

juliuspringle posted:

Bazaar got bad reviews in this thread but I am sure people could recommend stories to read/skip.

Ein cooler Typ
Nov 26, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Stephen King is rich and he owns guns

why wouldn't he support Trump? Things would be worse for him under Hillary

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Ein cooler Typ posted:

Empathy for others.

Franchescanado
Feb 23, 2013

If it wasn't for disappointment
I wouldn't have any appointment

Grimey Drawer

Ein cooler Typ posted:

Living the first quarter of your life destitute with several kids probably taught him some humility.

I remember reading an interview with him where he was asked when he felt he had "made it", and he said that he didn't feel financially secure, like a success, until the mid to late 80's or something like that.

I feel bad for the guy. He may not live to see Trump leave office.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

His dad also walked out on the family and he grew up poor.

Rush Limbo
Sep 5, 2005

its with a full house
Stephen King owns guns, is rich but is still capable of empathy. Read his essay 'Guns' to see it in action.

Pheeets
Sep 17, 2004

Are ya gonna come quietly, or am I gonna have to muss ya up?

Ein cooler Typ posted:

He's stated numerous times that he doesn't "do it for the money". Not everyone who is wealthy is a complete and utter scumbag.

Leave
Feb 7, 2012

Taking the term "Koopaling" to a whole new level since 2016.
If he did it for the money, there'd be unnecessary sequels all over the place; Desperation, The Girl Who Loved Tom Gordon, Cell, It, The Green Mile, Needful Things, etc., etc.

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe

Casimir Radon posted:

Empathy for others.

Also a modicum of sanity, apparently.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug
I mean, here's his article from the 2012 election, called "Tax Me, For gently caress's Sake".

It has this gem in it:

quote:

"I’ve known rich people, and why not, since I’m one of them? The majority would rather douse their dicks with lighter fluid, strike a match, and dance around singing “Disco Inferno” than pay one more cent in taxes to Uncle Sugar."

A Typical Goon
Feb 25, 2011

juliuspringle posted:

Finder's Keepers is the best book in the trilogy, though that isn't really saying much

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

A Typical Goon posted:

Finder's Keepers is the best book in the trilogy, though that isn't really saying much

Mr Mercedes was loving awesome, what are you talking about?

Josef K. Sourdust
Jul 16, 2014

Ein cooler Typ posted:

why wouldn't he support Trump?

The leader of the free world eats pizza with a knife and fork

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Josef K. Sourdust posted:

The leader of the free world eats pizza with a knife and fork

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

He probably went and threw up afterwards. I hope we've all learned our lesson about propping up worthless celebrities.

Casimir Radon fucked around with this message at 19:44 on Nov 11, 2016

Josef K. Sourdust
Jul 16, 2014

He was being paid for that advert. When he was interviewed eating in pizzeria he used a knife and fork and said he always ate like that. Obama was attacked by birthers. Trump is attacked by forkers, absolute forkers. :fork: :fork: :fork: :fork:

WattsvilleBlues
Jan 25, 2005

Who eats the pizza handle-first? The man is a monster.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

WattsvilleBlues posted:

Who eats the pizza handle-first? The man is a monster.
It was an early 90s thing. Right where we should have left him.

nate fisher
Mar 3, 2004

We've Got To Go Back
I actually eat the toppings off a pizza first with a fork, and then I eat the crust minus the toppings by hand. Yes I'm Pennywise.

WattsvilleBlues
Jan 25, 2005

nate fisher posted:

I actually eat the toppings off a pizza first with a fork, and then I eat the crust minus the toppings by hand. Yes I'm Pennywise.

Never run for president.

Dead Goon
Dec 13, 2002

No Obvious Flaws

nate fisher posted:

What a delightfully silly way to eat Pizza!

DrVenkman
Dec 28, 2005

I think he can hear you, Ray.
Has anyone else read THE PASSAGE by Justin Cronin? I'm sure I saw the recommendation for it around here. I'm about halfway through and it's...OK? Knowing it's a trilogy is really making it seem a lot longer than it needs to be, and it's already a long book.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

joepinetree
Apr 5, 2012

DrVenkman posted:

Has anyone else read THE PASSAGE by Justin Cronin? I'm sure I saw the recommendation for it around here. I'm about halfway through and it's...OK? Knowing it's a trilogy is really making it seem a lot longer than it needs to be, and it's already a long book.

It starts out really great, but book 2 is substantially worse. If book 1 isn't really doing it for you, books 2 and 3 won't will not redeem it.