Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
http://www.psp-tv.com/r/NiteCrew
This poll is closed.
500562 49.92%
139 0.01%
153 0.02%
500888 49.95%
940 0.09%
Total: 1002682 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
El Hefe
Oct 31, 2006

You coulda had a V8/
Instead of a tre-eight slug to yo' cranium/
I got six and I'm aimin' 'em/
Will I bust or keep you guessin'

quiggy posted:

the thing about the bernie bros revenge stick is that maybe you're right and maybe you're wrong and maybe ~the truth is in the middle~ but it makes no loving difference to those of us whose lives are on the line who are well truly terrified for what is about to happen. it's basically a way of being smugly correct instead of comforting the people who need it most

nothing's gonna happen to you you big loving babies

loving first worlders think they have it bad...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

C-Euro posted:

Pro-Trump and swastika graffiti already popping up in South Philly :negative:

Paging triple sulk

welcome to the resurgence of mainstream racism. take care of your own it's the only thing that matters now.

Tainen
Jan 23, 2004
Decided I am going to help out on on 2018 congressional campaign as soon as it starts. gently caress you Dave Reichart! You may have caught the green river killer but you are a poo poo congressman and I am tired of seeing your dumb face.

Gizmoduck_5000
Oct 6, 2013

Your superior intellect is no match for our primitive weapons!

Augus posted:

Vote in 2018 everyone, it's important.

Lol. Sure. We're going to have lots of legitimate elections in the future.

raminasi
Jan 25, 2005

a last drink with no ice

Louisgod posted:

My wife's main point I'm having a hard time disagreeing with is basically "strip away gender and put Clinton's accomplishments against Trump's accomplishments and Hillary would easy win", basically saying that her gender trumps any and all accomplishments she's made.

help me reconcile this as the "man's world" theory holding true.

Trump wasn't elected by voters who cared about accomplishments.

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eaMBagakSdM

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

GOP did everything they could to stop trump

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

Lastgirl posted:

I'm always embracing total drunken nihilism fam~ :q:

Gonna do some day drinking myself while quietly considering whether to make the move to Israel

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Smythe posted:

It's not about "being smugly correct" it's about being pissed off, and it's not just O.K., it's what the party needs. Some pissed off mother fuckers who won't take it anymore.

If we don't get mad at the DNC they will learn nothing and run another Wall Street crony with some sort of half-assed appeal to millenials and lose again and again until we get mad enough and they figure it out

Equeen posted:

a possible fourth wave feminism with a much larger focus on intersectionality... :unsmith:

:yeah:

FourLeaf
Dec 2, 2011

quiggy posted:

the thing about the bernie bros revenge stick is that maybe you're right and maybe you're wrong and maybe ~the truth is in the middle~ but it makes no loving difference to those of us whose lives are on the line who are well truly terrified for what is about to happen. it's basically a way of being smugly correct instead of comforting the people who need it most

lol as if those of us saying bernie could have won do not also have their lives on line, and lol that we are not completely hosed now and terrified

your problem is that you insist on pretending everyone who opposes you is a rich white man

Karl Sharks
Feb 20, 2008

The Immortal Science of Sharksism-Fininism

Gizmoduck_5000 posted:

Lol. Sure. We're going to have lots of legitimate elections in the future.

this is what they want, gently caress them don't give them that

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

Living in a hateful world sending me straight to Heaven
Another knee bent:

https://twitter.com/SteveDeaceShow/status/796348264417202176

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.

Beet Wagon posted:

Remember the part where Trump wins even harder without people splitting off and voting third party?

So I mean I guess you do you.

Most people who voted 3rd party are pro-weed, pro-gay marriage so I can be a dick either way.

Karl Sharks
Feb 20, 2008

loquacius posted:

If we don't get mad at the DNC they will learn nothing and run another Wall Street crony with some sort of half-assed appeal to snake people and lose again and again until we get mad enough and they figure it out

hey DNC people will you post in here so we know you're getting the message?

*crickets*

oh

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

Louisgod posted:

My wife's main point I'm having a hard time disagreeing with is basically "strip away gender and put Clinton's accomplishments against Trump's accomplishments and Hillary would easy win", basically saying that her gender trumps any and all accomplishments she's made.

tell her it's a strong man's world, it's true.

Dr_0ctag0n
Apr 25, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 8 days!

Beet Wagon posted:

During an election cycle with lots of angry consituents one side ran a populist candidate and the other didn't run one.

One ran a populist and the other ran the physical embodiment of corporate establishment 1%. It has nothing to do with gender, if Elizabeth Warren was up there it would have been different I believe.

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

Louisgod posted:

She collected resume bullets. Her "accomplishments" were blatant stepping stones to running for president and a lot of her decisions did not hold up to the test of time.

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

raminasi posted:

Trump wasn't elected by voters who cared about accomplishments.

they wanted a well marketed brick

Phi230
Feb 2, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

euphronius posted:

Changes would obviously be grandfathered in. Current voters would not be effected .

What happens when gay marriage is gone?

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

WeAreTheRomans posted:

He's been livestreaming it today

Is it good?

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Smythe posted:

It's not about "being smugly correct" it's about being pissed off, and it's not just O.K., it's what the party needs. Some pissed off mother fuckers who won't take it anymore.

Correct. I'm not happy that Hilldawg lost. I'm not happy that the DNC shot itself in its own loving footface by looking at a wildly energized group of young voters and banking on the idea that they didn't need them because they where mostly white dudes. I'm loving mad as poo poo. But I'm also mad as poo poo that I'm getting blamed for this when the reality is that all the "blame the bernie bros" movement is doing is continuing to hack away at what remains of the corpse of the Democratic Party.

The Democratic party is legit bleeding out and people are refusing to tie the leg off and save it because tourniquets are "gross."

Marx Headroom
May 10, 2007

AT LAST! A show with nonono commercials!
Fallen Rib

Covok posted:

By the way, voted Bernie in the primary myself, but the Bernie bros revenge shtick is tiring.

I'm not out for revenge but I would like Hillbots to look inside and figure out why this happened

Why was Dem turnout so low? Why couldn't Hillary cut past or through the racism? What were the Democrats missing?

Or yall could just keep taking aspirin for that tooth infection and hope it clears up

Karl Sharks
Feb 20, 2008

Thoguh posted:

She collected resume bullets. Her "accomplishments" were blatant stepping stones to running for president and a lot of her decisions did not hold up to the test of time.

i had health insurance as a kid because of her

gently caress you

Dairy Days
Dec 26, 2007

Smythe posted:

remember how fired up we were about bernie. remember that excitement, that vigor, that zeal? remember how carelessly we were cast aside as stupid losers and told to support the blandest, most boring, arrogant campaign ever? remember being made to feel like an impotent jilted scumbag having the audacity to harbor any resent? i remember.

i was very excited to vote for bernie sanders in the primary but contemplated not even voting yesterday

Nanomashoes
Aug 18, 2012

I don't understand, Hillary did the dab and said YAAAAS and hung out with a bunch of celebrities. How could she not win?

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

Louisgod posted:

Her accomplishments are not the only things associated with her. I'm not going to say that sexism wasn't a factor, but it certainly wasn't the only factor in play here. Even if some of those associated things are entirely fabricated by the right wing media, they're still associated with Hillary Clinton in the minds of the people who didn't vote for her.

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Covok posted:

Most people who voted 3rd party are pro-weed, pro-gay marriage so I can be a dick either way.

Fair point, I won't ever begrudge anyone their right to be a dick.

Dr_0ctag0n posted:

One ran a populist and the other ran the physical embodiment of corporate establishment 1%. It has nothing to do with gender, if Elizabeth Warren was up there it would have been different I believe.

:same:

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Proud Musk and Dogecoin fanboy

Louisgod posted:

Hillary's name is synonymous with "Government Investigation". Her accomplishments don't mean poo poo to gently caress if people don't trust her. And they don't. She's Establishment. She's involved and controlling and secretive.

This election is not is about accomplishments. It's about connection and trust. That's why Bush won. That's why Obama won. It's why Trump won. It's why Berner's think Bernie would have won. People trust that Trump isn't establishment. They connect when he rambles about hosed up bullshit because poo poo is hosed up and bullshit.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

SirPhoebos posted:

Gonna do some day drinking myself while quietly considering whether to make the move to Israel

I joked about this last time you brought it up, but remember that the left is as hosed in Israel as it is in America, and also they're like right next to ISIS

The idea of making aliyah occurred to me too but Canada and the UK (Brexit and all) would be better options you can probably immigrate to fairly easily, even if their weather sucks

Karl Sharks posted:

hey DNC people will you post in here so we know you're getting the message?

*crickets*

oh

Actually yes, getting other people in the electorate fired up is a better strategy than appealing directly to politicians, who will ignore you if you don't have a lot of people behind you

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

quiggy posted:

Hmm mmm smugly correct

That sounds familiar

I wonder why????????

Shills will take this poo poo on the chin and deal with it. Because that moron lost to Donald Trump, despite it being her turn or whatever dumbfucking garbage y'all convinced yourselves of.

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib

triple sulk posted:

Gabbard 2020.

:getin:

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Chunky Salsa posted:

Basically. I mean I voted for Bernie in the primaries and now I'm just kinda sad, not triumphant.

I mean I might be pretty bad off in a few years but at least I'm not a person out there wearing a hijab and just trying to live their lives, or a person who worked tirelessly and protested for police reform and now gets to deal with this poo poo.

We gotta look after each other

This is my view too. I voted Bernie in the primaries but I openly stated I'd vote Clinton without a second thought if asked.

Interestingly enough, it seems most of the Trump supporters according to CNN's exit polling broke late (as in September or later), and it seems riiiiiiiight around the time AP decided the Clinton Foundation looked good to go after.

iospace fucked around with this message at 19:40 on Nov 9, 2016

goatsofdoom
Jan 15, 2008
The democrats will never learn that third wayism that stands for nothing will always lose.

GrimGypsy
Mar 27, 2007

Hi I guess this is where we post now if we didn't kill ourselves

does this thread have a nite crew? Asking for a friend

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
tulsi gabbard 2020

Karl Sharks
Feb 20, 2008

loquacius posted:

Actually yes, getting other people in the electorate fired up is a better strategy than appealing directly to politicians, who will ignore you if you don't have a lot of people behind you

point is some people are just kinda depressed and tired and poo poo right now, so why now for this? would it kill anything to wait a couple days? poo poo

like i'm not discounting what's been said or anything, but just gently caress

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

Living in a hateful world sending me straight to Heaven

team overhead smash posted:

Having a critical view and treating it as the shitshow it actually is are two different things and the media failed to hold Trump to account on a whole host of things.

Let me make this VERY clear: The media helped create Trump in the primary. He helped a dying industry boost their ratings/click throughs and they loved him for it.

Then things became real, the general happened. During the GE they were relentlessly negative on Trump. Washington Post and CNN had people working full time oppo against him.

Then there was Eichenwald over at Newsweek.

Was this justified? Hell yes, Trump shouldn't be President. But to say the media was favorable to him in the General is ridiculous.

Also Trump had TWO brief windows when the media fire wasn't on him - Hillary's collapse, and The Comey bomb.

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
i literally gave tulsi gabbard money when i saw donald trump had a shot of winning early in the year and i said "gabbard 2020"

im not backing down. i think she is a good person to unify behind if she wants the job.

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

loquacius posted:

For real though if the DNC wing of the Dem party doesn't immediately hand the reins over to the Sanders wing we're good and hosed for a long time

Run Warren in 2020. Please. I firmly believe that if she had run not only would she have won the primaries but she would have won the general. I know she can do plenty of good in the Senate, but you know what else would have done plenty of good? Replacing the Trump presidency with the Warren one.

you know now i'm getting ready for senator schilling

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Karl Sharks posted:

point is some people are just kinda depressed and tired and poo poo right now, so why now for this? would it kill anything to wait a couple days? poo poo

like i'm not discounting what's been said or anything, but just gently caress

I'm depressed and tired and poo poo right now too and being angry and loud is how I deal with it

It also happens to be what I think is a good idea for the future because I am extremely self-serving

• Locked thread