Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
http://www.psp-tv.com/r/NiteCrew
This poll is closed.
500562 49.92%
139 0.01%
153 0.02%
500888 49.95%
940 0.09%
Total: 1002682 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

Beet Wagon posted:

Look, I don't think that anybody is saying sexism didn't play a factor. It clearly did. So did racism on the right. It's a banner loving year to be a dues paying klansman. But the bigger part is that the Democrats ran a pretty ho-hum business-as-usual candidate against a populist tidal wave in a year where people are mad at banks and wall street and washington.

Noted. That's the argument I was making (minus the populist point), that there are numerous factors at play here, including white middle aged people in red states feeling left behind, but she's boiling it down to credentials and gender.

Appreciate the feedback, it's important to talk this out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Karl Sharks
Feb 20, 2008

The Immortal Science of Sharksism-Fininism

Squizzle posted:

i ended up spiraling into a fantasy world where donald fuckin trump won the presidency instead of coloring it but heres what it is for now!!!!!

hahahahaha that's loving dope man, thanks, can't wait to see it finished then!!!

Jeb! Repetition posted:

It helps us feel better and also ensures that third wayism is as discredited as it should be.

and it makes people who you should still see ultimately as allies feel like poo poo and resent you

but no keep going, this is great for the party and the country, thanks!!

The_Politics_Man
Aug 25, 2015

at this point he's not wrong

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

So how long before ESPN fires Silver into the sun?

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Karl Sharks, I'm thinking maybe if you can't handle the idea of people discussing what went wrong and getting mad about it, maybe you should close your browser tab and not come back

because it sounds like a loving personal problem to me

Yudo
May 15, 2003

anime was right posted:

remember mitt romney in the pimary thread

lol

That whole trove of posters was insufferable and clearly wrong.

velvet milkman
Feb 13, 2012

by R. Guyovich
I'd like to take this time of loathing to specifically call out everyone who referred to HRC as "abuela" as big obnoxious idiots

Fidel Castronaut
Dec 25, 2004

Houston, we're Havana problem.
I'm all for moving forward eventually and trying to build coalitions and unify the left but I need a while to hate Tatum Girlpants, Winner is Jew, zoux, Al!, and others who badgered the gently caress out of me and others with "nice meltdown" over and over and "we don't need Bernie voters" and other shithead discourse. I know the worst thing to do on SA is to care or let anybody or anything get to you but it really upset me and I internalized a lot of that until I became a "She's definitely going to win, idiots" poster.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!
I got majorly corncobbed by Bill Mitchell and I have absolutely no internal/emotional processes to digest it.

Like....I spent a lot of the 7th tweeting Baghdad Bob at him, with the only saving grace here being that he never replied.

Is it a corncobbing if you don't do the IM NOT OWNED IM NOT OWNED part?

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Karl Sharks posted:

lol yeah this is cool and good, we'll get 2020 by saying gently caress the people who voted for her in the primary. i voted bernie but gently caress man

I just spent a year and a half being told constantly by smug idiots that the candidate I was excited for had no business even running for office.

I spent a year and a half as a retarded establishment bent all the rules to slant things in the way they wanted it to run. Never out and out breaking the law, mind you, but tweaking stuff and implying juuuuuuuuuust enough to sweeten the pot for themselves.

I've spent a year and a half watching a party I have seen on multiple occasions make retarded candidate choices and try to have its cake and eat it too in regards to third way bullshit, i watched as they third way'd themselves into the biggest political upset in US history.

A year and a half is my timeline; how many more were riding along for a lot longer? I have every right to be pissed, and so i am going to BE pissed. The Democratic party is a trash party for loving morons, and Hillary Clinton and her braindead circle jerking shills are responsible.

They can all get hosed, as far as I'm concerned. They've no business being anywhere near the political system if they're this goddamn blind and inept.

I'll take my 6 hour, i guess.

tadashi
Feb 20, 2006

iospace posted:

So how long before ESPN fires Silver into the sun?

He wasn't wrong, though. He's just working from other peoples' polls. If polling is bad, so is the model and he said as much for weeks.

Senf
Nov 12, 2006

Mother fucker

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

lorn Wayne posted:

this is cute :3:

yeah, poo poo like this is why the system sucks so much. bunch of people slapping duct tape on a rowboat that's 60% holes. enjoy the trump presidency, have fun cranking another out of touch businessperson out of a tube to run against him 4 years from now

good luck with that noise

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Karl Sharks posted:

and it makes people who you should still see ultimately as allies feel like poo poo and resent you

seriously this is :ironicat: as poo poo

growing ironicat puking other ironicats, zooming out to reveal a giant ironicat mosaic showing the biggest ironicat of them all

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

loving lol. that dude can rest assured that his stupid lovely vote didn't technically make a difference, but god drat if you're not willing to take the hit why would you vote that way.

GrimGypsy
Mar 27, 2007

Hillary was fine, I don't blame people for getting on board with her when presented with the alternatives.
It's good to see that the Left will immediately go to war with itself instead of learning a lesson, though.

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

a fleshy snood posted:

I'd like to take this time of loathing to specifically call out everyone who referred to HRC as "abuela" as big obnoxious idiots

:abuela:

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Ask me about Briar Rose and Chicken Chaser.

Karl Sharks posted:

hahahahaha that's loving dope man, thanks, can't wait to see it finished then!!!

I don't care. I was made to feel resentful by the exact same people. If this hurts, maybe it should, because sometimes lessons are painful. And keep in mind this result is no picnic for us either.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

I think we can agree on one thing though:
gently caress Gary Johnson.
gently caress Jill Stein.

We got Gore'd, again.

poty
Jun 21, 2008

虹はどこで終わるのですか? あなたの魂の中で、または地平線で?

tadashi posted:

He wasn't wrong, though. He's just working from other peoples' polls. If polling is bad, so is the model and he said as much for weeks.

this dont besmirch the name of our nate he was the closest of all the models

mcbexx
Jul 4, 2004

British dentistry is
not on trial here!

Well on the plus side, we will find out for certain whether "trumped up trickle down" actually works or not.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

i live in a world where this man is right

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

https://twitter.com/HillaryClinton/status/796425920378765313

:rip:

ThndrShk2k
Nov 3, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Bread Liar

Thoguh posted:

And Kaine goes straight to identity politics and saying she lost because she's a woman.
:psyduck:

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

iospace posted:

We got Gore'd, again.

Not really. Hill would have lost harder without the third party votes.

WhiskeyJuvenile
Feb 15, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
nothing mattered and now everything matters

Karl Sharks
Feb 20, 2008

The Immortal Science of Sharksism-Fininism

loquacius posted:

Karl Sharks, I'm thinking maybe if you can't handle the idea of people discussing what went wrong and getting mad about it, maybe you should close your browser tab and not come back

because it sounds like a loving personal problem to me

you're probably right, i was following for a while for tidbits like the kkk thing and poo poo

enjoy friends

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

Karl Sharks posted:

thoroughly delegitimizing the Clinton Third Wayism wing of the Democratic Party is absolutely great for the party and the country. we need a circular firing squad at the moment or the same poo poo will happen again and again

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

iospace posted:

We got Gore'd, again.

I'm pretty sure exit polls indicated Trump would have done even better in a two-person race. This wasn't a repeat of 2000. This was a repeat of 2004.

remusclaw
Dec 8, 2009

People need to move out of California and bring it to the rest of the country.

Nairbo
Jan 2, 2005

GrimGypsy posted:

Hillary was fine, I don't blame people for getting on board with her when presented with the alternatives.
It's good to see that the Left will immediately go to war with itself instead of learning a lesson, though.

That's cute that you think a war within itself isn't a lesson on its own and that Hillary was 'fine'.

Fiction
Apr 28, 2011

iospace posted:

We got Gore'd, again.

Lol no this was all your lovely milquetoast candidate

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

Karl Sharks posted:

so you were right or w/e, how does this bragging and infighting help?

yeah she definitely shouldn't have used stronger together because we just scratch and claw when we're too close together and things aren't going well

You and your kind should be made to feel shame. You should be chastised and humiliated. You hosed this country over. Own up to it and start flagellating yourself, publicly.

lorn Wayne
Jan 7, 2006

:staredog::meowth::pipe:

Johnny Joestar posted:

yeah, poo poo like this is why the system sucks so much. bunch of people slapping duct tape on a rowboat that's 60% holes. enjoy the trump presidency, have fun cranking another out of touch businessperson out of a tube to run against him 4 years from now

good luck with that noise

it's cute in the sense that you think america is capable of letting your vision happen.

trump being president isn't at all cute, and i'm not even american.

WhiskeyJuvenile
Feb 15, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
https://twitter.com/steinhauserNH1/status/796422902086303747

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin
I hope everyone here apologizes personally to bill Mitchell. make him white house spokesman too

remusclaw
Dec 8, 2009

We need to gentrify rural America.

tinstaach
Aug 3, 2010

MAGNetic AttITUDE

the Donald Trump Presidential Libray is just gonna be a coffee table with a stack of Playboy magazines

Nairbo
Jan 2, 2005

iospace posted:

We got Gore'd, again.

I think you mean

gently caress Hillary Clinton
gently caress Donna Brazille
gently caress DWS

This wound was largely self inflicted

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Marx Headroom
May 10, 2007

AT LAST! A show with nonono commercials!
Fallen Rib

Fidel Castronaut posted:

I'm all for moving forward eventually and trying to build coalitions and unify the left but I need a while to hate Tatum Girlpants, Winner is Jew, zoux, Al!, and others who badgered the gently caress out of me and others with "nice meltdown" over and over and "we don't need Bernie voters" and other shithead discourse. I know the worst thing to do on SA is to care or let anybody or anything get to you but it really upset me and I internalized a lot of that until I became a "She's definitely going to win, idiots" poster.

I'll take a probation for cheerleading this meltdown.

• Locked thread