Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
Is it just me or does the quality of the Imperial Agent storyline take a nosedive when you hit Tatooine & Alderan?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Magmarashi
May 20, 2009

Lol, there can be no in-between. Either it's 'a ton of buttons, get over it' or 'press 'A' button to do everything like some sort of scrub'

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
Some people like the feeling of accomplishment they get from doing the maths and figuring out the answers to questions the game itself doesn't bother answering re: which buttons are worth pushing.

Some get a similar feeling from reading the answers online.

Lots of game developers still take strange pride in their ability to needlessly obfuscate what could be simple game mechanics. The company I work with is terrible for it. Overall though the trend in game design is towards good communication and streamlined interactivity.

edit: I can't figure Kaliyo out. One minute she disapproves of me flirting with another woman, the next she disapproves of me turning down a chance to jump the bones of a married cougar.

sassassin fucked around with this message at 23:24 on Nov 8, 2016

M_Sinistrari
Sep 5, 2008

Do you like scary movies?

sassassin posted:

edit: I can't figure Kaliyo out. One minute she disapproves of me flirting with another woman, the next she disapproves of me turning down a chance to jump the bones of a married cougar.

Simply stated, she's crazy.

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Les Ricains tuent et moi je mue
Mao Mao
Les fous sont rois et moi je bois
Mao Mao
Les bombes tonnent et moi je sonne
Mao Mao
Les bebes fuient et moi je fuis
Mao Mao

Kaliyo is not really meant to be figured out. She's kind of nuts.

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

Also I bet she always disapproves of it and they forgot to change it if youre in a relationship

KittyEmpress
Dec 30, 2012

Jam Buddies

Magmarashi posted:

Lol, there can be no in-between. Either it's 'a ton of buttons, get over it' or 'press 'A' button to do everything like some sort of scrub'

I like WoW's current set up, which is generally 1 full bar, total. A mix of ,6ish attacks, a movement skill or two, and 3 defensive abilities. But it's not for some people.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS
Well no sense arguing about ability bloat anymore.

Sombrerotron, I sent Loveboat the Lightsaber Pike.

Chickenwalker, Dely Tronic, and Aleth post which item you want from the guild bank.

Everything else I'm selling for meth.

Chickenwalker
Apr 21, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

Medullah posted:

:siren::siren::siren: AND THE WINNERS OF THE GOONOWEEN COSTUME CONTEST ARE :siren::siren::siren:

1st place - Sombrerotron. High effort video with a hilarious costume. Well done!

2nd place - Chickenwalker. Again, well done entry and who doesn't love Zapp Brannigan?

3rd place - Dely Apple. Just looks good!

We also decided to give a 4th place prize to Aleth since he was gung ho about the contest and posted constantly.

So - Winners may post here what item they want from the Oedzi Memorial tab in the guild bank. Assumption is that Sombrerotron wants the Pike, but there's plenty of other items to choose from for 2-4! Only off limits items are the Flagship parts, everything else is fair game. There are a few droid/beast companions, a Rakghoul weapon tuning, a few armor sets. Post which one you'd like and I'll send it to you - obviously first pick is 1st place, 2nd is 2nd place, etc.

After the 4 have made their choices I'll see what's left and randomly give away a few leftover items to the other people that participated. :)

Wow guys, thanks! I'm flattered.

For my one wish I'd like Donald Trump not to actually be President. It was a funny joke, we all had a good time, let's get serious now.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Chickenwalker posted:

Wow guys, thanks! I'm flattered.

For my one wish I'd like Donald Trump not to actually be President. It was a funny joke, we all had a good time, let's get serious now.

I can't even comment on this.

Aleth
Aug 2, 2008

Pillbug

Medullah posted:

Chickenwalker, Dely Tronic, and Aleth post which item you want from the guild bank.

Don't worry about it, I was only entering to try and encourage other entries. Spend my prize on meth in celebration/denial of the new US president elect I guess.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Yay, finally a new regen item! Your work Non-Entity?

nonentity
Dec 19, 2005

If I were small & bird shaped, I could fly.

Medullah posted:

Yay, finally a new regen item! Your work Non-Entity?

Why yes.

Yes it is.

Though the animation department did the anims. Credit where credit is due.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

nonentity posted:

Why yes.

Yes it is.

I haven't seen it in action, but I can only assume it's an homage to the temper tantrum of the millenium.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

Dark Juno posted:

Thought this might be the appropriate thread to post this.

I like this game, and I like 5.0.

:eyepop:
:popeye:

Stan S. Stanman
Nov 18, 2009

Medullah posted:

I haven't seen it in action, but I can only assume it's an homage to the temper tantrum of the millenium.

I can only assume you are referring to this whole election cycle.

Aleth
Aug 2, 2008

Pillbug

nonentity posted:

Why yes.

Yes it is.

I just wish all these regen items were unlocks like vehicles and whatnot to save on bag space.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund

Aleth posted:

I just wish all these regen items were unlocks like vehicles and whatnot to save on bag space.

This. So much.

Slim Killington
Nov 16, 2007

I SAID GOOD DAY SIR
Thrived. I totally need the Kylo tantrum regen.

nonentity
Dec 19, 2005

Also, these are my gifts to you...

I hope you enjoy that walker though, I worked hard on that one.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Is that the sub bonus one or a different one?

nonentity
Dec 19, 2005

Medullah posted:

Yeah, it is.

Prism
Dec 22, 2007

yospos

nonentity posted:

Yeah, it is.

'Is it A or B?' 'Yes.'

I'm going to assume that it's a sub bonus though.

Dely Apple
Apr 22, 2006

Sing me Spanish Techno

Well, I'll take the iso Llama Robot! Fax her to Delytronic. We'll have adventures.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Dely Apple posted:

Well, I'll take the iso Llama Robot! Fax her to Delytronic. We'll have adventures.

Sent.

Aleth
Aug 2, 2008

Pillbug

Medullah posted:

Dulfy says sub one and it is rather nice looking.

M_Sinistrari
Sep 5, 2008

nonentity posted:

Also, these are my gifts to you...

I hope you enjoy that walker though, I worked hard on that one.

And I'm looking very forward to that walker when it comes. But then, most if not all the stuff you've made I end up going for because it's awesome.

KittyEmpress
Dec 30, 2012

Jam Buddies

Non-Entity, a weird question [or at least weird in my head] - is it any harder to design armors knowing the dye system is in play? Do you play around with various colors that people may dye things when you make armor sets, or do you just throw it to the wind and let people figure it out?

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

KittyEmpress posted:

Non-Entity, a weird question [or at least weird in my head] - is it any harder to design armors knowing the dye system is in play? Do you play around with various colors that people may dye things when you make armor sets, or do you just throw it to the wind and let people figure it out?

Possibly related: some armors have big sections that are immune to dye. Is that an intentional thing, or just an accident of history and technology? (I'm blanking on examples, but I'll think of a few once I log in tonight. :shobon:)

Bombogenesis
Mar 27, 2010

Mekkatorque 2016
Dinosaur Gum

Medullah posted:

Class changes for 5.0 are live

Don't see anything different from the datamining. RIP phase walk for Assassins. :(

I want to play my mercenary so bad right now and I don't know why.

KittyEmpress
Dec 30, 2012

Jam Buddies

prefect posted:

Possibly related: some armors have big sections that are immune to dye. Is that an intentional thing, or just an accident of history and technology? (I'm blanking on examples, but I'll think of a few once I log in tonight. :shobon:)

Cassie Fett and his cape.

Edit: Cassus lol.

Dalris Othaine
Oct 14, 2013

I think, therefore I am inevitable.
That arctic scout armor :stwoon:

I love the normal looking ones

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
Imperial Agent

This mind-control thing feels like it's going to do nothing but make the whole double/triple-agent story less interesting/complex than it could have been.

Waldorf Sixpence
Sep 6, 2004

Often harder on Player 2

sassassin posted:

Imperial Agent

This mind-control thing feels like it's going to do nothing but make the whole double/triple-agent story less interesting/complex than it could have been.

Well the mind control is kind of the only reason why you would turn triple agent against the Empire, surely? You're an Empire loyalist, spying on the Republic, but then the Empire does some skeevy poo poo to you and you want out.

MadDogMike
Apr 9, 2008

Cute but fanged

Medullah posted:

Sweet, thanks, Methest can use the cash! :D

sassassin posted:

Imperial Agent

Not at all, it just throws a loop into the process that has to be considered. You still get a chance to turn on folks, it just makes it so your betrayal can't come except at one point (and who you betray and how is still up to you to a rather surprising degree).

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Waldorf Sixpence posted:

Well the mind control is kind of the only reason why you would turn triple agent against the Empire, surely? You're an Empire loyalist, spying on the Republic, but then the Empire does some skeevy poo poo to you and you want out.

Isn't it the SIS that's mind-controlling me?

Or am I an Agent
Helping the enemy (double)
But only joking (triple)
Except not joking??? (quadruple)

MadDogMike posted:

Not at all, it just throws a loop into the process that has to be considered. You still get a chance to turn on folks, it just makes it so your betrayal can't come except at one point (and who you betray and how is still up to you to a rather surprising degree).

I'm not saying it's an unnecessary simplification of proceedings, just that it's a downer to have such an obvious leash applied immediately.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
That said it's not come up much since, so maybe it's not as limiting as it first sounded.

I miss the parts where my agent would change accents.

dreffen
Dec 3, 2005

MEDIOCRE, MORSOV!

First time playing through KOTFE and man, if the cutscenes were this good all the time.

Specifically, so far, when you're on Chapter 4, Lana and Senya fighting the Zakuul knights. Looks badass.

Waldorf Sixpence
Sep 6, 2004

Often harder on Player 2

sassassin posted:

Isn't it the SIS that's mind-controlling me?

Yes, but I think it was the Empire that put the mind control poo poo in your brain in the first place? I am not sure, I can't remember!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

M_Sinistrari
Sep 5, 2008

Waldorf Sixpence posted:

Yes, but I think it was the Empire that put the mind control poo poo in your brain in the first place? I am not sure, I can't remember!

They did. While I've never gone the side with Jadus route, it's later explained that Keeper was given the choice of the mind control stuff or you get killed by the Sith since you set a dangerous precept of being able to go up and take down a Sith while being a non-Sith. Keeper took the option that while still sucky, at least still kept you alive.

• Locked thread