Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
http://www.psp-tv.com/r/NiteCrew
This poll is closed.
500562 49.92%
139 0.01%
153 0.02%
500888 49.95%
940 0.09%
Total: 1002682 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Okonner
Dec 11, 2008

by exmarx
Sorry for posting when by toxx-honor I should have been perma banned already.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Typo
Aug 19, 2009

Chernigov Military Aviation Lyceum
The Fighting Slowpokes
oh yeah silver lining? TPP is dead now

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

exquisite tea posted:

On the bright side of things I think this election will make me a way more productive person, as I have a lot of music projects that I've let drop by the wayside and dystopian realities are pretty good for one's creativity.

Yeah, a break from politics seems like a nice way to finish my hobby projects. :unsmith:

Now to just have my podcast feed clear up any pre-Election Day episodes, and I'll be good to go. :)

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

Well, that aligns with the vibes I was getting. Which was, like, "normal" kinda vibes.
The election just proved what we already knew but didn't want to admit. America is a land of poorly educated racists with traditional family values that include light misogyny who will vote for whoever makes the shiniest promises. We will reap what we've sown and have happily voted to throw away any progress made over the last decade. A man with a rap sheet littered with indecencies, deceptions, international gaffs and failed businesses won the hearts of enough voters to get 270 electoral votes with the continuous if ill-defined assurance that he would make America great again despite demonstrably not making anything great ever.

People say that in 4 years there will be another election and things can change, but things have already changed. A bully berated and insulted fellow candidates during the primary, pushed around a whole political party while half-hearted attempts to groom him for debates were abandoned, and lied every time a mic was put in front of him, and we put that man in the highest office of power in the nation. If you think the yes-men that have attached their suction cups to Trump in hopes of getting a cabinet spot will be able to rein in the man who did things his way and won, you're wrong. If he wants to causally insult South Korea or Japan or Haiti with an unscripted joke during a presser, he will and we'll just have to deal with the fallout. If he wants to make a deal involving additional military trainers to some country in exchange for tax exempt land for a new golf course, who's going to stop him? Government agencies? Other politicians? He's proven that those are obstacles for other people, not him. Every time he gives a speech it will include attacks on Democrats, he will fill the Supreme Court with people he likes or who have told him that they would be a good Supreme Justice and looked trustworthy, and in four years he'll win by an even bigger margin than before because who wants loser Dems in the White House.

America has lost my respect, what little of it remained. It was a neat experiment but I can only hope the next country learns a lesson from us.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Montasque posted:

I just liked posting talk radio poo poo man.

Now what am I going to do between 12pm-5pm at work?

WORK?

Pfffft.

Curiosity, how is Rush taking it. Like, beyond "YES TRUMP WON!", does he realize he's likely out of a job now?

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

Fiction posted:

Nah it was actually the primary voters' fault for electing a candidate who didn't even pay loving lip service to the working class, let alone give any indication that she understood their plight. Thanks for playing.

i seriously dont understand how she is the wife of Bill Clinton, whose finest moment in politics is owning Bush Sr. in this exchange

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7ffbFvKlWqE

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Montasque posted:

I just liked posting talk radio poo poo man.

Now what am I going to do between 12pm-5pm at work?

WORK?

Pfffft.

Listening to Rush & Hannity masturbate sounds like tons of fun, tbh

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

Living in a hateful world sending me straight to Heaven

iospace posted:

Curiosity, how is Rush taking it. Like, beyond "YES TRUMP WON!", does he realize he's likely out of a job now?

Rush is over the moon, smug, but not Hannity smug(my god that is going to hurt to hear.)

I don't think Rush cares too much about much of anything. He's in his 60s, he'll be dead soon.

remusclaw
Dec 8, 2009

iospace posted:

People like him do steady reasonable business during Republican regimes. He also can inevitably start calling out Trump for being a puppet of the establishment and decrying how the grand Right dream is still not being realized.

Cephalocidal
Dec 23, 2005

uncertainty posted:

It was breaking tables and I am not sure how to make it appear smaller :/

http://i.imgur.com/CCzvPz0.jpg

You're the real MVP :glomp:

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)
https://www.scientificamerican.com/article/trump-picks-top-climate-skeptic-to-lead-epa-transition/

*sigh*

Yudo
May 15, 2003

LawfulWaffle posted:

The election just proved what we already knew but didn't want to admit. America is a land of poorly educated racists with traditional family values that include light misogyny who will vote for whoever makes the shiniest promises. We will reap what we've sown and have happily voted to throw away any progress made over the last decade.

America has lost my respect, what little of it remained. It was a neat experiment but I can only hope the next country learns a lesson from us.

Sneering contempt: winning elections since

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Ask me about Briar Rose and Chicken Chaser.

Okonner posted:

Sorry for posting when by toxx-honor I should have been perma banned already.

It's fine, you get a 48 hour grace period in case you want to wipe away your toxx with a RAINN donation, and also so as not to cut short any meltdowns. Which is working drat well :getin:

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

I have no idea how I'm going to handle Thanksgiving this year

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

GobiasIndustries posted:

Listening to Rush & Hannity masturbate sounds like tons of fun, tbh

I'm listening today... But after this I'm out.

It's just pointless until 2018, or if a Republican Civil war actually breaks out(it wont, Trump won.)

Mao Zedong Thot
Oct 16, 2008

LawfulWaffle posted:

The election just proved what we already knew but didn't want to admit. America is a land of poorly educated racists with traditional family values that include light misogyny who will vote for whoever makes the shiniest promises. We will reap what we've sown and have happily voted to throw away any progress made over the last decade. A man with a rap sheet littered with indecencies, deceptions, international gaffs and failed businesses won the hearts of enough voters to get 270 electoral votes with the continuous if ill-defined assurance that he would make America great again despite demonstrably not making anything great ever.

People say that in 4 years there will be another election and things can change, but things have already changed. A bully berated and insulted fellow candidates during the primary, pushed around a whole political party while half-hearted attempts to groom him for debates were abandoned, and lied every time a mic was put in front of him, and we put that man in the highest office of power in the nation. If you think the yes-men that have attached their suction cups to Trump in hopes of getting a cabinet spot will be able to rein in the man who did things his way and won, you're wrong. If he wants to causally insult South Korea or Japan or Haiti with an unscripted joke during a presser, he will and we'll just have to deal with the fallout. If he wants to make a deal involving additional military trainers to some country in exchange for tax exempt land for a new golf course, who's going to stop him? Government agencies? Other politicians? He's proven that those are obstacles for other people, not him. Every time he gives a speech it will include attacks on Democrats, he will fill the Supreme Court with people he likes or who have told him that they would be a good Supreme Justice and looked trustworthy, and in four years he'll win by an even bigger margin than before because who wants loser Dems in the White House.

Noice

Meltdown

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.
I wonder how young republicans will feel when global warming happens and they start to see the end of the human race.

Yudo
May 15, 2003

Jeb! Repetition posted:

It's fine, you get a 48 hour grace period in case you want to wipe away your toxx with a RAINN donation, and also so as not to cut short any meltdowns. Which is working drat well :getin:

That's a good idea (the donation thing); I commend whomever put that together.

panascope
Mar 26, 2005

LawfulWaffle posted:

Your anguish sustains me.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Montasque posted:

Rush is over the moon, smug, but not Hannity smug(my god that is going to hurt to hear.)

I don't think Rush cares too much about much of anything. He's in his 60s, he'll be dead soon.

Yeah, I don't blame either of them for being smug, though Hannity was so far up Trump's rear end they almost had two heads.

remusclaw posted:

People like him do steady reasonable business during Republican regimes. He also can inevitably start calling out Trump for being a puppet of the establishment and decrying how the grand Right dream is still not being realized.

That would be interesting to see, Rush turning on Trump.

Unrelated, Wang changed his twitter icon and conceded to Silver:
https://twitter.com/SamWangPhD/status/796206332277915648

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

LawfulWaffle posted:

The election just proved what we already knew but didn't want to admit. America is a land of poorly educated racists with traditional family values that include light misogyny who will vote for whoever makes the shiniest promises.

Doubling down, I see.

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012
There are some Hillary toxxers I respect, but I hope one of the conditions of the pity-out is that Hillary toxxers (or at least permatoxxers) are exiled from CSPAM and DnD

Strom Thermos
Sep 18, 2004

Covok posted:

I swear, this happens every two decades. Young voters don't get the system, do a protest vote, and get cucked HARD.

But this didn't happen

Mo_Steel
Mar 7, 2008

Let's Clock Into The Sunset Together

Fun Shoe

panascope posted:

Your anguish sustains me.

Somethings got to, we know Trump's policies won't.

Mao Zedong Thot
Oct 16, 2008

I love the narrative that racism and bigotry were the motivating factors of voters. It's so hilariously blind lol

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer

SirPhoebos posted:

I have no idea how I'm going to handle Thanksgiving this year

Start a 40 Minutes Hate with your conservative relatives for Hilary Clinton until it gets to the point where you're going "UUGGH FUUCK I HATE HER I HATE THE CLINTONS I WANT THEM TO DIE THOSE PIECES OF poo poo gently caress RRRGGHHHHH" *gnaws thru big ol' turkey leg bone while blood shoots out of your eyeballs*

they don't have to know why you hate the Clintons

Mike the TV
Jan 14, 2008

Ninety-nine ninety-nine ninety-nine

Pillbug

Covok posted:

I wonder how young republicans will feel when global warming happens and they start to see the end of the human race.

"Republicans have always been the party of environmental conservatism, and federal government is the biggest polluter in America."

Josef K. Sourdust
Jul 16, 2014

"To be quite frank, Platinum sucks at making games. Vanquish was terrible and Metal Gear Rising: Revengance was so boring it put me to sleep."

loquacius posted:

For the past like 20 years, as long as I've been paying attention to politics, whenever a party nominates the "safe" option they lose

Counterpoint: Bush 1

History started earlier than 20 years ago

pathetic little tramp
Dec 12, 2005

by Hillary Clinton's assassins
Fallen Rib
Hahahahahaaha Myron loving Ebell is going to be the head of the EPA

quote:

Rising sea levels, if they happen, would be bad for a lot of people. But a warming trend would be good for other people. More people die from blizzards and cold spells than from heat waves.

This is the HEAD of the E P loving A

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

Markorjoshua posted:

But this didn't happen

If anything, protest votes are what made TRUMP lose states.

Thats right, Gary Johnson saved Hillary from losing more states than just about any other D candidate in decades of history. This is what it feels like to be laid low.

raminasi
Jan 25, 2005

a last drink with no ice

iospace posted:

Unrelated, Wang changed his twitter icon and conceded to Silver:
https://twitter.com/SamWangPhD/status/796206332277915648

when's he gonna eat the loving bug

the silver linings list is thin as hell but that's definitely on it

burnishedfume
Mar 8, 2011

You really are a louse...

LawfulWaffle posted:

So, Protracted People's War 2020?

WhiskeyJuvenile
Feb 15, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
2008: a neoliberal democrat wins the presidency
2012: a neoliberal democrat wins the presidency
2016: heh stupid democrats don't you know a neoliberal democrat can't win???

The_Politics_Man
Aug 25, 2015

VOTE YES ON 69 posted:

I love the narrative that racism and bigotry were the motivating factors of voters. It's so hilariously blind lol

but you don't understand, white people instinctively lash out at anything darker than them.

Gravybong
Apr 24, 2007

Smokin' weed all day. All I do is smoke weed. Every day of my life it's all I do. I don't give a FUCK! Weed.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AQcz9YiDZak

this is what life feels like to me right now

velvet milkman
Feb 13, 2012

by R. Guyovich

pathetic little tramp posted:

Hahahahahaaha Myron loving Ebell is going to be the head of the EPA

This is the HEAD of the E P loving A

Can't wait for humanity to be consumed by the boiling seas

Boner Zone
Jan 14, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo

LonsomeSon posted:

The segments of border fence which are already in place were extremely costly for no real benefit and have also had pretty loving significant impacts on wildlife in their area, the idea of a giant modern take on medieval fortifications stretching for that entire length should be mind-boggling to any human being with even an inkling of the actual scale or potential ramifications of such an undertaking.

Don't worry, he's already prepped for walking back the literal border wall idea, and anytime I tried to criticize the wall I was met with replies of "chill out it's just a campaign promise, obviously he's not going to build a real wall." We'll wind up with a metaphorical wall, if we're lucky it'll involve giving official sanction to the existing groups of drunken rednecks who wander the desert at night looking for brown people near the border to kidnap at gunpoint and scream at all night (my father was doing this until his stroke wrecked his health).

some journalist went undercover in one of these and the border patrol all love them for doing their job for them for free so yeah I expect him to just make these militias easier to participate in or encourage them somehow

100 degrees Calcium
Jan 23, 2011

WhiskeyJuvenile posted:

it's almost like political climates change. Neoliberalism can't win forever; eventually people figure out they're being served a tepid shitburger.

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

https://twitter.com/Always_Trump/status/796389678626664448

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fiction
Apr 28, 2011

WhiskeyJuvenile posted:

you are so loving dumb in the face of blinding reality

• Locked thread