Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

EVA BRAUN BLOWJOBS posted:

N4I's avatar needs to go back to Mallory swearing at ISIS over not finding Archer.

would i vote for a sterling/mallory ticket?

maybe.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon

As Nero Danced posted:

I know it's super obvious and probably too early to tell but how dead is the ACA at this point? I don't think they ever expected to get the chance to really repeal it.

I would weight it 60/40 outright killing it vs. seriously "overhauling" it.

No way it remains in its current form though.

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD

As Nero Danced posted:

I know it's super obvious and probably too early to tell but how dead is the ACA at this point? I don't think they ever expected to get the chance to really repeal it.

They've been trying to repeal it for 6 years and lol if you think it isn't the first thing they ram through, consequences be damned

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

As Nero Danced posted:

Irony is that at this point if they repeal it and all of those red-state white people lose their healthcare, they can't blame anyone but themselves.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

psydude posted:

Irony is that at this point if they repeal it and all of those red-state white people lose their healthcare, they can't blame anyone but themselves.

hahahahahahahahahahaha just you wait

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit
Can we have a separate election results musing thread? I feel like there's enough content being generated right now to warrant that.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

psydude posted:

I hope that and heroin kill a bunch of them.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

psydude posted:

actually everything that goes wrong for AT LEAST the first two years of trump's term will be because he was trying to unfuck what obama did.

MA-Horus
Dec 3, 2006

I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am.

Casimir Radon posted:

I hope that and heroin kill a bunch of them.

Please, use some common sense.

It'll be meth.

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

I see Warren mounting a pretty good bid against him in 2020. She'll be able to pull away a good bit of the same white, working class base that supported Obama/Bernie but went for Trump, while also rallying millenials, women, and minorities. All of this while not giving a gently caress about any of his insults and being perfectly fine with tossing it right back. And I'm sure a lot of union workers will come back around after Republicans pass national right to work and basically destroy their collective bargaining powers.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

psydude posted:

I see Warren mounting a pretty good bid against him in 2020. She'll be able to pull away a good bit of the same white, working class base that supported Obama/Bernie but went for Trump, while also rallying millenials, women, and minorities. All of this while not giving a gently caress about any of his insults and being perfectly fine with tossing it right back. And I'm sure a lot of union workers will come back around after Republicans pass national right to work and basically destroy their collective bargaining powers.

I could see Warren being way more popular than Hillary. But I still see her being somewhat unpopular, but not so unpopular that she isn't electable. What's her big "scandal" that the GOP will use to try to bring her down though?

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Fruit is proof that the gods exist and love us.

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless
GIP Current Events: Bush Did 11/9

its curtains for Kevin fucked around with this message at 21:17 on Nov 9, 2016

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

i think giant meteor could be on the comeback trail myself, after such a disappointment this year

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

When my diabetes kills me bevause I can't afford my medicine anymore, make sure to bury with with my trump campaign hat.

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

TBeats posted:

I could see Warren being way more popular than Hillary. But I still see her being somewhat unpopular, but not so unpopular that she isn't electable. What's her big "scandal" that the GOP will use to try to bring her down though?

Being a teacher? Working against Wall Street? IDK, she's pretty clean.

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

Trump is going make make America great again by making sure baby boomers die of curable diseases

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer

TBeats posted:

She had that "Faux-cohontas" moment because every Okie tells their grandkids they're 1/64th Cherokee even if they're not, but that's all that I know

Untagged
Mar 29, 2004

Hey, does your planet have wiper fluid yet or you gonna freak out and start worshiping us?

Whip Slagcheek posted:

If you voted No and you're pro-union, you voted correctly on VA-1. The proposition was to put right to work in the VA constitution, making it incredibly difficult to advance pro labor laws or unionized workplaces.

VA1-NO
VA2-YES

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus
Some people got mad about Trump.

http://www.nbcbayarea.com/news/local/Protests-Erupt-in-Bay-Area-After-Trumps-Presidential-Victory-400509211.html

HILLARY CLINTON 4,804,760
DONALD TRUMP 2,647,227

Not my president. :smith:

edit : wow more unhappy people

http://www.nbcbayarea.com/news/local/Berkeley-High-School-Walks-Out-After-Donald-Trump-Named-President-400558221.html

school walkouts

ded fucked around with this message at 21:30 on Nov 9, 2016

Whip Slagcheek
Sep 21, 2008

Finally
The Gasoline And Dynamite
Will Light The Sky
For The Night

Untagged posted:

VA1-NO
VA2-YES

This is right. VA-2 passed overwhelmingly.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
Here's hoping Tammy Duckworth kills it in the 4 years between now and the next election.

Dead Reckoning
Sep 13, 2011
I'm reading CNN's post-mortem of the Clinton campaign, and it's pretty eye-opening.

Unless I'm misreading their numbers, Clinton only got 2% less of the white vote than Obama, and Trump actually got 1% less of the white vote than Romney. Trump did better with black and latino voters than Romney did (:psyduck:) and black, latino, and young voters didn't turn out for Hillary the way they did for Obama.

dubzee
Oct 23, 2008

Yeah, about the ACA...

Mitch posted:

Republican Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell said repealing the Obamacare health insurance system is a "pretty high item on our agenda" for the new Congress that was elected on Tuesday, calling it the "single worst piece of legislation" from the first two years of the Obama administration.

McConnell told reporters he would like to see bipartisan comprehensive tax reform, and that border security should also be high on the to-do list. He expects president-elect Donald Trump to send the Senate a Supreme Court nominee soon, and to review environmental regulations put in place by Obama, including on coal.

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
Hillary basically died in Wisconsin, Ohio and Michigan. She hilariously underperformed compared to Obama in 2012, meanwhile Trump just paced or performed slightly better than Romney.

She did pick up 600k in Texas, with Trump only gaining 100k.

Naramyth
Jan 22, 2009

Australia cares about cunts. Including this one.

Proud Christian Mom posted:

Hillary basically died in Wisconsin, Ohio and Michigan. She hilariously underperformed compared to Obama in 2012, meanwhile Trump just paced or performed slightly better than Romney.

She did pick up 600k in Texas, with Trump only gaining 100k.

The rustbelters are desperate.

bengy81
May 8, 2010

Wow, wake me up when the 80's are over.

dubzee
Oct 23, 2008

P much

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

Who the gently caress uses coal anymore

Kuroyama
Sep 15, 2012
no fucking Anime in GiP

bengy81 posted:

Wow, wake me up when the 80's are over.

You know how everyone is getting nostalgic for the 80's right now? It looks like someone thought we should do the same thing politically.

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus

shyduck posted:

It's used a lot for power plants.

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer

dubzee
Oct 23, 2008

Bringing back big coal is gonna be tricky. A lot of the power plants that use it are converting to natural gas because it's cheaper.

The bottom line still makes the decisions.

e: ^^ :lol: ^^

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006

shyduck posted:

its all Kentucky and Mitch McConnell have. Its another great example of how the Democrats don't really have any sort of energy policy that isn't "coal and oil bad" because they could easily have split the two and told coal to go gently caress itself for ever but nope GREEN GREEN GREEN

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

ded posted:

Ah, right

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe

shyduck posted:

Ah, right

we export some too

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.
I need a new avatar now. Maybe homeless hosed up jesus christ.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

ded posted:

And it shouldn't be. Its like someone kept the horse and buggy industry going nationwide and refused to let it be a Amish only thing

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?
I just realized that poor Angie Merkel has to not just interact with hate mango, but also be accommodating and diplomatic.

Poor loving Angie. :smith:

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Nostalgia4Infinity posted:

Imagine a Trump State of the Union and White House Correspondent's Dinner.

Happy Wednesday! 👻

This morning I woke up and realized that he's going to give the graduation address at the Air Force Academy at least once. gently caress the Air Force and all that, but the idea that he's going to be given that level of respect at my alma mater hurts me on a personal level.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nice and hot piss
Feb 1, 2004

Trump's 100 day plan seriously makes me nervous, especially since Republicans control pretty much everything now...:(

• Locked thread