Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
http://www.psp-tv.com/r/NiteCrew
This poll is closed.
500562 49.92%
139 0.01%
153 0.02%
500888 49.95%
940 0.09%
Total: 1002682 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

It's a little bit juvenile, but it's simple and it's timeless.

We let it be known that Schnorkles, for a snack, eats tiny pieces of shit.

You're picturing it and you're talking about it. That's a win in my book.

anime was right posted:

imo its absolutely fair to argue that bernie was not a perfect candidate. called himself socialst, looks like the crypt keeper with a cute smile irl, fell way too hard on the stump speech, etc. but i think he was right.

bernie had weaknesses that i think a lot of people here don't recognize but he probably would have won this election with what we know about how it broke down now

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

Living in a hateful world sending me straight to Heaven
Mike Pence was the better pick.

Donald Trump and Rinse Pubus out moved the dems bigly this election.

HOW? hosed if I know.

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.
The realtiy is this: America will suffer a dark 8 years that will end in the beginning of the American Empire under Emperor Trump. We will then decay and die off.

Okay, that's hyperbole. I had fun saying poo poo like that.

He is the real reality: we'll have 4-8 years of conservatism. Very strong conservatism and without a President with a heart at the helm. Corruption in government will be higher then ever. The economic recession we've been due for will be worse than we could expect. The ACA will be repealed and mortality rates will go up. Hate crimes will go up. We will see a rise of much more openly racist senators and congress men trying to begin office bids in 2018. We will not see a chance to a dem senate in 2018 as democrat turnout is too depressed and suppressed. Russia will experience some of its best years while China hits some rough patches. European populism will grow even stronger and the European Union will likely fall to pieces thus sending the entire continent into some economic troubles, though some nations will benefit. In 8 years, we will get the chance for a new President, but it will likely be another republican.

A GIANT PARSNIP
Apr 13, 2010

Too much fuckin' eggnog

Cubey posted:

bernie needs to do this and take someone like duckworth under his wing right the gently caress now if there is any hope at all for a 2020 victory. if the dems do not go berniecrat and do it real fast we will have 8 years of trump.

lmao posts like these remind me of all the "Chris Christie / Rand Paul / Marco Rubio will save the GOP in 2016!" poo poo we started reading the morning after the 2012 election

a whole lot of poo poo is gonna happen between now and 2018, much less 2020 - we do not, in fact, need to have the answer for 2020 today

pathetic little tramp
Dec 12, 2005

by Hillary Clinton's assassins
Fallen Rib
https://twitter.com/jgordon1987/status/796462938601222146

White people gonna need some kind of marker to let people know we weren't one of the assholes

but also lol at the underselling of profiling

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

Johnny Joestar posted:

tim kaine was such a poo poo choice for vice pres. good lord. he's such a nobody person that clinton was left to make a public face just by herself. what did kaine do? play harmonica? nice

another reason to hate hillary, she didn't want anyone that might challenge her in any way or out shine her in anyway so she couldn't pick anyone real

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene
so did trump eat the trump cake or what

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Cephalocidal posted:

People got too angry about the wrong things. Or maybe the right things, but in the wrong way. People make mistakes when they're angry, and then afterwards they regret them. Sometimes the mistakes can be undone. Sometimes they can't, and we've just got to do what we can to fix what's left once we come to our senses. I hope we come to our senses soon.

Her response: "Donald Trump has made bad choices, and so has Hillary, your mom & dad think he made worse choices but most of the country doesn't think so. Now we just have to hope he makes good choices going forward" P. good, IMO.

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

Johnny Joestar posted:

tim kaine was such a poo poo choice for vice pres. good lord. he's such a nobody person that clinton was left to make a public face just by herself. what did kaine do? play harmonica? nice

he delivered Virginia and kept another 13 EVs from Trump

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

A GIANT PARSNIP posted:

lmao posts like these remind me of all the "Chris Christie / Rand Paul / Marco Rubio will save the GOP in 2016!" poo poo we started reading the morning after the 2012 election

a whole lot of poo poo is gonna happen between now and 2018, much less 2020 - we do not, in fact, need to have the answer for 2020 today

i dont think anyones predicting it will happen, but this is his best opportunity to get his poo poo enacted.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

pathetic little tramp posted:

White people gonna need some kind of marker to let people know we weren't one of the assholes

Giant inflatable dildoes?

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

I'm just sick knowing I'm going to have to go back to work to the gloating of the guy who so happy that HILLARY CAN'T TAKE HIS GUNS!

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

Doorknob Slobber posted:

another reason to hate hillary, she didn't want anyone that might challenge her in any way or out shine her in anyway so she couldn't pick anyone real

i think this was more a donor/conventional wisdom thing than anything else.

Martout
Aug 8, 2007

None so deprived

Schnorkles posted:

Biden passed from cool to legend when he spend an hour and a half brutally beating the poo poo out of paul ryan on national television.

paul ryans buttcheeks are still pink from that, it's why he looks so worried all the time like someones gonna hit him with a rolled up towel and he'll start crying in front of everyone

Tiler Kiwi
Feb 26, 2011

mormonpartyboat posted:

so did trump eat the trump cake or what

he hosed it in the mouth, op

Dolash
Oct 23, 2008

aNYWAY,
tHAT'S REALLY ALL THERE IS,
tO REPORT ON THE SUBJECT,
oF ME GETTING HURT,

I think TPP'll be an interesting early test of a Trump administration. He's made clear his opposition to it and it's part of his whole rhetoric about deals and the needs of his base left behind by free trade, but the Republican leadership really wanted it and now that they control every branch of government they might expect to get it - if Trump blocks TPP then maybe he's the one who'll be setting the agenda for the Republican party, whereas if he lets it go then maybe it'll be the Republican congress running things and he doesn't really care what he signs.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

VirtualStranger posted:

"Let me be very clear. In my view, Democrats will not retain the White House, will not regain the Senate, will not gain the House and will not be successful in dozens of governor’s races unless we run a campaign which generates excitement and momentum and which produces a huge voter turnout.

We need a political movement which is prepared to take on the billionaire class and create a government which represents all Americans, and not just corporate America and wealthy campaign donors.

In other words, we need a movement which takes on the economic and political establishment, not one which is part of it."

- Bernie Sanders, August 2015

I am going all-in for the Bernie progressives now. No more "they can't win the general election" excuses, the establishment Dems failed miserably when it was most important.

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

i am not going to act like i wasn't enthusiastic about hillary the last few months

i've never particularly liked or disliked her before, and without bernie i was always going to vote for her, but she won me over in this campaign bigly. she obviously didn't run the smartest possible campaign in retrospect but she was not a poo poo candidate even if her campaign was bad and i'm disappointed in anybody who sat in cspam cheering for her to win and now is frantically posting about how poo poo she always was

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Joe Biden is a top 15 president
The Clean Water Act is the main reason that all the tankers and cruise ships and vessels don't just dump their bilges whenever they're full (they ships also have Flag state requirements but because companies are loving skeeves they use places like Vanuatu and Panama who rely on the coastal state to police ie the US coast guard) and this new idiot EPA wants to abolish it just lmao

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

VirtualStranger posted:

"Let me be very clear. In my view, Democrats will not retain the White House, will not regain the Senate, will not gain the House and will not be successful in dozens of governor’s races unless we run a campaign which generates excitement and momentum and which produces a huge voter turnout.

We need a political movement which is prepared to take on the billionaire class and create a government which represents all Americans, and not just corporate America and wealthy campaign donors.

In other words, we need a movement which takes on the economic and political establishment, not one which is part of it."

- Bernie Sanders, August 2015

lol

petit choux
Feb 24, 2016

Josef K. Sourdust posted:

As I understand it, there is no legal or constitutional restraint on any business activity or interest or investment on the part of the POTUS. The question has never really arisen before. And we will not know what his ties with foreign business and governments are because his business dealings are partially secret. Good luck stopping Trump TV or anything else he tries to do.

E: I mean short of embezzlement/fraud/etc. He can do what he wants with private money/his money as POTUS. I think he has to release his taxes as POTUS but that doesn't apply retrospectively, does it?

Wait, what about other presidents having to do a blind trust? They were speculating about that weren't they?

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

Neurolimal posted:

Like many things, the fact that both parties hate the EC means that the EC has to be somewhat worthwhile.

The GOP loves the EC considering it gave them Bush and now Trump while a popular vote system would've meant Gore and Clinton wins.

Typo posted:

ok so now that he's president do you think he's finally gonna gently caress ivanka

Yes, along with the rest of the country.

velvet milkman
Feb 13, 2012

by R. Guyovich

i dunno i feel kind of sick when see young white millenial people saying poo poo like this

Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012

The Last Leg will have Ed Balls on later to hear his take. Thank god.

ThndrShk2k
Nov 3, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Bread Liar

Smythe posted:

Lmfao. For Real. These people are now, and always have been so loving stupid. They casually brushed aside a real candidate with living, breathing, SHOUTING AND SCREAMING! fans to toe the line of a shambling incompetent party that demonstrably didn't know its rear end from a hole in the ground. gently caress these arrogant, egocentric, clueless fucks forever.

Maybe the Bernie bros... were the Obama bros????

:psyboom:

Lord of Pie
Mar 2, 2007

euphronius posted:

Also low flow toilets ?? Gone motherfuckers !!!

viva trump

Martout
Aug 8, 2007

None so deprived

Dolash posted:

I think TPP'll be an interesting early test of a Trump administration. He's made clear his opposition to it and it's part of his whole rhetoric about deals and the needs of his base left behind by free trade, but the Republican leadership really wanted it and now that they control every branch of government they might expect to get it - if Trump blocks TPP then maybe he's the one who'll be setting the agenda for the Republican party, whereas if he lets it go then maybe it'll be the Republican congress running things and he doesn't really care what he signs.

he'll come around on it but tell everyone he's looked it over and let me tell you it's the best deal americas ever made etc

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

ThndrShk2k posted:

Maybe the Bernie bros... were the Obama bros????

:psyboom:

lol

Tiler Kiwi
Feb 26, 2011
my hope: berniecrat resurgence runs a train on 2018 following two years of ineffectual right wing infighting

my fear: America becomes Russia following terrorist attack. Gay rights trashed, minorities abused, Iran nuked, yadda yadda

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

I mean, every demographic voted for trump more than they had for Romney. Returning to the poor white punching bag is prolly taking the wrong lesson from this, even if its cathartic

lorn Wayne
Jan 7, 2006

:staredog::meowth::pipe:

a fleshy snood posted:

i dunno i feel kind of sick when see young white millenial people saying poo poo like this

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747
Hail Trump https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l_5UZfwX0ss

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
cspam at its worst is way better than dnd was at its best btw

Lord of Pie
Mar 2, 2007

FabioClone
Oct 3, 2004

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
All of Obama's life's work is going to be gone. He's going to have to watch the destruction of everything he worked for during his presidency. He'll have to watch his legacy be erased from history.

The ownage is too mind-boggling to fully comprehend, like trying to imagine the size of the universe.

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer
rise from you maple-ey grave and destroy the DNC Bernie

do it

:bernin:

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

GobiasIndustries posted:

My eight year old nephew to my sister "If Trump is mean to girls and makes fun of people who are black and in wheelchairs, why did people make him president?"

:smith:

The latino kids at the bus stop this morning turned to my daughter and said "well, bye!"

They seemed to be under the impression that if they were in the country less than 14 years they would have to leave, and being 11...

Though honestly I don't know the legal status of their parents. Maybe they're right.

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)

Augus posted:

I am going all-in for the Bernie progressives now. No more "they can't win the general election" excuses, the establishment Dems failed miserably when it was most important.

Yeah but you see, he ignored the south and only got white men in the ru*implodes*

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

lol Roberts saved aca for no reason now

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

Covok posted:

The realtiy is this: America will suffer a dark 8 years that will end in the beginning of the American Empire under Emperor Trump. We will then decay and die off.

Okay, that's hyperbole. I had fun saying poo poo like that.

He is the real reality: we'll have 4-8 years of conservatism. Very strong conservatism and without a President with a heart at the helm. Corruption in government will be higher then ever. The economic recession we've been due for will be worse than we could expect. The ACA will be repealed and mortality rates will go up. Hate crimes will go up. We will see a rise of much more openly racist senators and congress men trying to begin office bids in 2018. We will not see a chance to a dem senate in 2018 as democrat turnout is too depressed and suppressed. Russia will experience some of its best years while China hits some rough patches. European populism will grow even stronger and the European Union will likely fall to pieces thus sending the entire continent into some economic troubles, though some nations will benefit. In 8 years, we will get the chance for a new President, but it will likely be another republican.

in wat way is this not a dark 8 years of your hyperbole lmbo

i see a literal recipe for world war 3

you also forgot nato support being pulled

• Locked thread