Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.

Brine posted:

I wouldn't use HLS on a fusion. You'll lose some bolt velocity.

Yea I'm more focused on overall perks than what I have currently selected. Because I haven't had a chance to use either in awhile. I would be using Snapshot probably for the quick rangefinder boost.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Kurtz
Feb 22, 2007

Here comes the hurdy gurdy man.
So glad Iron Banner returned to being Control. Maybe I got bumped down to a slower skill bracket or something but the shotgunners last night weren't nearly as bad as they were the last time around. First Curse, Last Word, and Clever Dragon handle them well enough. Actually I'm kind of surprised First Curse isn't used more often. You can get pretty easy double and triple kills with that thing.

texaholic
Sep 16, 2007

Well it's floodin' down in Texas
All of the telephone lines are down
Supremacy is made for shotguns which is why there is less in this IB

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.
Besides a few dud matches I'm having a lot of fun. I'm either using my Saladins Vigil or various primaries with no trouble getting kills. Also Control is my favorite game mode.

OdinsBeard
Jul 12, 2003

I don't think about my hands too much. Just trying to hit the ball in the air. Hit the ball in the air!

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

Unflinching should be a straight up nullification of HCR but it isn't because bungie

It should on primaries, but it defeats the purpose of increasing the flinch to sniper rifles if all you need is a sniper rifle with the unflinching perk.

edit: or rather you meant the perk should cancel out the effect of HCR, which is makes a lot of sense.

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Marge, I'd like to be alone with the sandwich for a moment.

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...
Braced frame field Scout rangefinder Dread?

qbert
Oct 23, 2003

It's both thrilling and terrifying.
I got a BF, HCR, CB Dragon in my 2nd match of IB this week. It's the exact roll I was hoping for, so...I win!

Also got a HH, Field Scout, Smallbore Dread which is kind of loving amazing. It's the best roll I can think of for the gun, with Smallbore maybe being replaceable with PB.

Welp, my grinding is done for the week. And that was in like, 40 minutes of play.

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

Drag
Sep 23, 2004

Dragon with HLS/Send It, HCR, CB in my second game of IB. Pretty easy to get kills with send it, haven't bothered much with HLS. Still mostly maining Saladin's vigil and finished all the bounties 1st session without paying attention to them. Also got boots x 2 and ghosts and other crap in like 10 games. I don't know maybe we've reached peak Destiny 1 because I'll probably spend more time getting blown the hell up in BF1 the rest of this week.

qbert
Oct 23, 2003

It's both thrilling and terrifying.

cvnvcnv posted:

I dig it.

Counterbalance is kind of useless on any gun that has Linear Comp, as that does basically the same thing.

Booties
Apr 4, 2006

forever and ever
Bone crew get on for iron banner. Solo queue is aids

Incitatus
Dec 16, 2005

The Meat Man was out of wings, Mr. William Ash More!:argh:
CD with send it and rangefinder. :getin:

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Guess which rear end in a top hat just got a braced framel+hcr+counterbalance/unflinching CD.

xzzy fucked around with this message at 02:51 on Nov 10, 2016

8th-snype
Aug 28, 2005

My office is in the front room of a run-down 12 megapixel sensor but the rent suits me and the landlord doesn't ask many questions.

Dorkroom Short Fiction Champion 2012

Young Orc

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

Pulse rifle chat, hot takes incoming:

I don't think the grasp archetype needs a ton of range IF you have a ton of stability (I think smallbore is incredible for 3s because you get a ton of range and enough stability, but that's for a different discussion). Hand laid is Fine because you're rarely getting pure 3 burst kills unless you're strictly playing 3s or you can aim like a god. Test it out and see where you start hitting for 22s instead of 23s, because 66x3=198 and 69*3=207. That's your pure 3 burst range. Most of my grasp kills are 4 bursts.

That being said, I think rangefinder is generally a garbage perk on pulses. Rangefinder has positive affects on range and damage falloff Asa result of increasing the guns zoom factor. This makes the gun less nimble and your view more restricted. Generally I like to have a wide fov and low zoom. Note that rangefinder is fine on HCs because the benefits there outweigh the detriments and hand cannons have an extremely low base zoom so an increase isn't unwieldy.

The first ok clever dragon I got this IB was handlaid stock, HCR, headseeker. Comparing it to my braced, HCR, outlaw (or headseeker but why would I run that) dragon and I found very little difference in usability. I wouldn't run HLS on a huge map but on small to medium sized stuff the extra 6 bullets are possibly worth the range trade off imho.

Incitatus posted:

CD with send it and rangefinder. :getin:

No stability perk? shard it

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

Rasheed was, with Aliases, the top 7 PvPers in Bone Krew.

No one talks about this.
You don't need CB If you have Braced Frame on the dragon. With Braced Frame and HCR, there's no side to side play at all. You're wasting that perk slot if you do BF and CB.

Go for headseeker, rangefinder, or unflinching. I imagine unflinching is going to be an important primary perk going forward.

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

Good Hunter, what... what is this post?

YA BOY ETHAN COUCH posted:

You don't need CB If you have Braced Frame on the dragon. With Braced Frame and HCR, there's no side to side play at all. You're wasting that perk slot if you do BF and CB.

Go for headseeker, rangefinder, or unflinching. I imagine unflinching is going to be an important primary perk going forward.

Hmmm ok I got one with BF, snapshot and cb/outlaw

So almost the same as the vendor roll, except it's outlaw vs. life support. I dunno I guess I can get and try both out, see if I prefer fast reload or health regen.

or just keep going and see if I get a better one

Mazerunner fucked around with this message at 03:23 on Nov 10, 2016

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

No one talks about this.
If it doesn't have HCR AND PB/BF/SB then shard it. The far right perk selection is purely preference after that.

The god roll is probably Small Bore/HCR and either headseeker or counter balance

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

It kills so loving fast that I'm not sure it needs unflinching either. At least not in sixes, I get that it's always a different world in the sweat crowd.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

whats hcr

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

high caliber rounds

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

Does anyone have an Aksis HM checkpoint?

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

No one talks about this.

xzzy posted:

It kills so loving fast that I'm not sure it needs unflinching either. At least not in sixes, I get that it's always a different world in the sweat crowd.

The only reason you want unflinching is to help counteract the effects of everybody else having HCR dragons so you can keep your shots on target better.

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

cvnvcnv posted:

I dig it.

Run Agg Balls. With CB on that archetype you won't have any stability issues so you might as well have higher impact.

8th-snype
Aug 28, 2005

My office is in the front room of a run-down 12 megapixel sensor but the rent suits me and the landlord doesn't ask many questions.

Dorkroom Short Fiction Champion 2012

Young Orc

If it doesn't have HCR AND PB/BF/SB then shard it. The far right perk selection is purely preference after that.

The god roll is probably Small Bore/HCR and either headseeker or counter balance

I tried small bore, hcr, headseeker and its not as good as braced.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

God roll CD is loving cheating, there's no reason for this gun to be in the game.

I mean there's god rolls, and then there's this.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Excuse me sir, you just got poo poo on.

http://i.imgur.com/w5hOpKf.gifv

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

I did the entire iron support bounty in one game lol

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

Maker Of Shoes posted:

Run Agg Balls. With CB on that archetype you won't have any stability issues so you might as well have higher impact.

Good looking out. I stuck Linear on leveling it up and went :downs: after that.

SmallpoxJenkins
Jul 9, 2012

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

If it has CB as well, congratulations. You beat Iron Banner.

Yeah, it is quite fun to use.

The Meat Dimension
Mar 29, 2010

Gravy Boat 2k

:eyepop:

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
lmao bone krew loving sauced a pretty good streamer krew today in IB, the fun starts at 1:37 or so, lmao what a salty dude

https://www.twitch.tv/jscubby/v/100121038

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

xzzy carry

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

Awesome! posted:

xzzy carry

yeah he lit them up ahaha

Menstrual Show
Jun 3, 2004

I don't typically have games like this, but this poo poo was hilarious.

Using a pretty fun vanity (Icarus, rifled, litc) on a sun breaker, the legit most fun sixes class.

I'm a big fan of the machine lord x2 here, silvered dread with field scout is loving stupidity.

JudgeJoeBrown
Mar 23, 2007

Maker Of Shoes posted:

daddy, how is babby formed?
when a tripmine and a lightning nade love each other very much

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
https://clips.twitch.tv/jscubby/JollyWolfTwitchRaid

*sighs* "Just get the heavy, man."

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

xzzy posted:

Excuse me sir, you just got poo poo on.

http://i.imgur.com/w5hOpKf.gifv

Jesus Christ

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
Xzzy has some big time fans of him and his fusion rifle

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

Maker Of Shoes posted:

any +impact barrel will put a Silvered Dread or Zombie Apocalypse up a TTK bracket, and agg balls has a dramatic range reduction. It may get you an extra weird kill or two during the week while LL is enabled, but in normalized crucible it's probably a waste.

IMHO Linear Comp is ideal for the SD because it's babby's first CB and +impact+range

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hitchensgoespop
Oct 22, 2008

I got one of these, its smallbore/braced frame in the first perk slot, CB in the last one.

Ive went for BF with CB last night and it was ruining people. Ill switch to smallbore and see what happens

• Locked thread