Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

damn i'm really in this bitch

basketballbis chill af let's talk hoopin

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

soggybagel
Aug 6, 2006
The official account of NFL Tackle Phil Loadholt.

Let's talk Football.
Van Gundy's "moral condescension" seems completely valid. His players are down and feel shocked over an election result.

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling
no no you see its just like a prevent defe*farts really loudly, and smiles at the thought of a sniff*

Smellyhead
Jun 20, 2003
Cabbages smell funny too.

Papercut posted:

Lillard has been finishing MUCH better at the rim this year than any previous year. Here's a graphic. Early of course, but it's still been really nice to see.

He's also currently 3rd in the league in free throw attempts and makes. He's playing his mind out (on offense at least!). It's fun to watch.

What happened in the second half of last nights game? He had like 12 points at the half then ended up with 38 somehow. Was it all end of game fouls?

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005

Smellyhead posted:

What happened in the second half of last nights game? He had like 12 points at the half then ended up with 38 somehow. Was it all end of game fouls?

He had I think 4 intentional free throws at the very end, but in general it was just doing the usual of hitting 30-foot threes and finishing drives.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z1fddX3Shwk&t=66s

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Gynecolojustice posted:

no no you see its just like a prevent defe*farts really loudly, and smiles at the thought of a sniff*

I'm glad I got on the internet today otherwise I'd have missed out on Trump supporters informing me what I didn't understand about the election.

EvanTH
Apr 24, 2004

i like to express my inner pain by being really boring on the phone
or just when i'm kickin it
that's me though
i'm kind of oddddddd

Declan MacManus posted:

It's not meant to endear, it's meant to shame. And if you voted Trump for any reason other than accelerationism, you should be ashamed. He hs no cogent policy positions and no record of governance.

And, if the results of the recent election are anything to go by, trying to shame people for things they don't necessarily consider wrong behavior can be extremely counterproductive.

You can't get people to stop acting tribal, my side vs yours. You need to get them to expand who they consider their tribe, treat all these hated men, those are your brothers too, that kind thing. It's like the James Dolan's Knicks before Phil Jackson, Stan's digging his heels in on a losing strategy and probably losing fans because of it.

Hand Knit
Oct 24, 2005

Beer Loses more than a game Sunday ...
We lost our Captain, our Teammate, our Friend Kelly Calabro...
Rest in Peace my friend you will be greatly missed..
A lot of us are angry and feel hurt right now, but please do not fight about politics in the basketball thread.

soggybagel
Aug 6, 2006
The official account of NFL Tackle Phil Loadholt.

Let's talk Football.
Stan will never lose fans with handles like this!! The crowd audibly gasping is the best part.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=21cE2aUbWB0

EvanTH
Apr 24, 2004

that's me though
i'm kind of oddddddd
I'd be buried in Chef Lows before I vote Republican Presidential ticket I just think it's obnoxious to say anyone who does that way is some kinda guaranteed bigot monster and I think that kinda attitude contributed to their win. People get real stuck in their information bubbles, especially if they depend on facebook for news, I can't fault anyone for believing what they read.

soggybagel posted:

Van Gundy's "moral condescension" seems completely valid. His players are down and feel shocked over an election result.

That's a good point it could just be a speech for the team if they're all feeling the same way.

Hand Knit posted:

A lot of us are angry and feel hurt right now, but please do not fight about politics in the basketball thread.

Yah sry I usually try to keep it separate

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

i am completely immersed in darkness
as i turn my body away from the sun
No matter what happens, just remember:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1d6l23sDu6Q

EvanTH
Apr 24, 2004

that's me though
i'm kind of oddddddd
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZLGvuhkk25Q

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

houstonguy
Jun 2, 2005

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
2nd Battalion
Funny and sad that a Trump presidency will come and go and Anthony Davis will still be stuck toiling away for the crappy Pelicans on the same contract.

Really makes you think.

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

Tomorrow Trump meets Obama at the Oval Office and then later that day the Cavs visit.

Mr. Mambold
Feb 13, 2011

Aha. Nice post.

Henchman of Santa posted:

Stan loving rules

Jack's Flow posted:

Thank you, Stan. The man continues to rule.

edit:

Carlosologist posted:

SVG's comments are great, walls should only exist in basketball as a strategy

Cool Buff Man posted:

"But you’re Christians. You’re supposed to be — at least you pride yourself on being the moral compass of our society." is one of the best things i've ever heard/read

Ramadu posted:

This made my day

Stan loving rules and I agree with him fully. I'm impressed he just straight up said all that.

Gynecolojustice posted:

The part where Stan says he doesn't want to be around people, and doesn't even want to coach tonight because of being in the same building with tons of Trump voters, that is loving real as hell

Papercut posted:

Compare Stan's (and also Pop's, before the election) comments about this to Bill Belichick's and Tom Brady's absolute horseshit:
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/early-lead/wp/2016/11/09/bill-belichick-says-that-donald-trump-letter-was-about-friendship-not-politics/

"Talk to my wife, I'm not allowed to talk about politics anymore." gently caress the gently caress off, Tom Brady.

The things that made me happy when I woke up today were my wife and kids, and Damian Lillard. gently caress yes, it's NBA season and and basketball is wonderful.

ozymandius1024 posted:

That's my loving coach. So proud right now :love:

NBA N/V: I stand up for Stan.

N/V ffs

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

fred hoiberg commented on the election by splicing in clips of chris farley in black sheep

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.

R.D. Mangles posted:

fred hoiberg commented on the election by splicing in clips of chris farley in black sheep

There's no way someone is able to pickup on the fact that Rondo is especially sullen or in a foul mood.

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

John Wall was fined $25k for interacting with an official and not leaving the game promptly after he was ejected.

I didn't even realize he was ejected

isme
Oct 13, 2004
ZombiePugs
i think they should blame Lebron because he's been in the center of each blown leads starting with the Warriors to the Indians to Hillary

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

R.D. Mangles posted:

hahahahaha

isme posted:

i think they should blame Lebron because he's been in the center of each blown leads starting with the Warriors to the Indians to Hillary

LeBron would have been a better candidate for President than Hillary

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Those embiid tweets and Stan van quotes rly helped.

Thanks thread

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

lol that the bulls reversed their decade-long dumb no headband policy for rajon loving rondo (and bobby too i guess)

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

The hornets are 6-1 for the first time ever after beating the jazz, and Kemba is a dreamboat

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

Kemba still pissed about that all star snub last year

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

You can't stop what's coming
He and Thomas are going to toggle All-Star spots for the next five years and no one will notice

Shrimp or Shrimps
Feb 14, 2012

R.D. Mangles posted:

lol that the bulls reversed their decade-long dumb no headband policy for rajon loving rondo (and bobby too i guess)

It was stupid anyway, and a left-over Skiles-era thing.

But didn't Ben Wallace get to wear his?

ChickenMedium
Sep 2, 2001
Forum Veteran And Professor Emeritus of Condiment Studies
The Pacers may be powerfully mediocre this year, but at least they're fun to watch.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Shrimp or Shrimps posted:

It was stupid anyway, and a left-over Skiles-era thing.

But didn't Ben Wallace get to wear his?

no one is defending the lack of sweet headbands. i just hope that was a condition of rondo gracing them with his presence.

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

morestuff posted:

He and Thomas are going to toggle All-Star spots for the next five years and no one will notice

are we straight up better off with roy not starting, I feel like I want him to come off the bench except against certain teams who we need his rim protection for and his speed doesnt hurt us as much IE the bucks

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

https://twitter.com/hornets/status/796535994359001088/video/1

I love this move every time he pulls it

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.
When Stan said to form a loving wall he had no idea what he was asking for in terms of immigration policy and border politics. He couldn't have known back then.

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

You can't stop what's coming
Hibbert can't really hurt, he gives them a different look and if he sucks they can just go back to Zeller and Hawes. Same with Lamb. Having solid deep bench pieces like that is good ammo for Cho at the deadline, anyway

Probably worth pointing out that their schedule has been incredibly easy and George Hill didn't play tonight, but it's been fun

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

morestuff posted:

Probably worth pointing out that their schedule has been incredibly easy and George Hill didn't play tonight, but it's been fun

hushhhhhhhh

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

rockets spurs is a pro watch

e: not gdt but still.

chunkles fucked around with this message at 04:00 on Nov 10, 2016

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

what did we do to deserve rajon rondo

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

R.D. Mangles posted:

what did we do to deserve rajon rondo

gave a large salary to a known malcontent

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

Is Hoiberg the worst coach in the league? I'm being serious here. I can't find a coach from another team that I wouldn't take over him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 1967
Get outta here

https://twitter.com/BleacherReport/status/796538894305017856

• Locked thread