Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
http://www.psp-tv.com/r/NiteCrew
This poll is closed.
500562 49.92%
139 0.01%
153 0.02%
500888 49.95%
940 0.09%
Total: 1002682 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Mechafunkzilla posted:

Mike Pence is his VP.

Yeah? Clearly they don't see eye to eye on stuff, and Trump gets the veto, ultimately.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

It's a little bit juvenile, but it's simple and it's timeless.

We let it be known that Schnorkles, for a snack, eats tiny pieces of shit.

You're picturing it and you're talking about it. That's a win in my book.

Telephones posted:

What is considered local? City or state? Incidentally I live in the state capital! I checked the website tho and didn't see any volunteer opportunities. Do they not bring on volunteers outside of elections?

city usually, sometimes the local organization is a little obtuse. are there non-profit PACs floating around? find a progressive one and see what they're doing and go from there

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

Venom Snake posted:

https://twitter.com/Nate_Cohn/status/796184879704711168

Dems are not going to change because women are not going to suddenly like rapists and minorities are not going to suddenly be okay with nazi's. They are the democratic parties voting base. The response to white people saying "I like nazi's" is not "but what if we were wrong and they are right?"

Perhaps "they" aren't Nazis at all, and your ignorant insistence "they" are, is a problem with you and others in the DNC?

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

Fullhouse posted:

it hasn't even been 24 hours

lol if you expected it to take twenty four hours

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

Don't forget Hitler's contributions to medicine.

LastInLine posted:

Suburban, I'm in northern Kentucky just south of Cincinnati. I benefit from the jobs and economy of the city but I don't have to travel far to find people with very little opportunity, economic or otherwise. Don't get me wrong, I'm a die-hard progressive but being close enough to deep red staters I know how they're feeling and why they're feeling the way they do.

Being progressive in the south (and let's face it, where I am is Occupied Ohio, not really Kentucky) isn't easy but it is where the Lord's work needs to be done if there is to be a viable left-of-center party in America. I'm not sure I know the road to get there but the Democrats were the working man's party for half a century and I'm not convinced that it was entirely the Southern Strategy that caused them to lose it. Either way the first step to winning these voters back is to actually treat them like people who have valid concerns, because they are and they do.

Edit:

I think you can read this and see my point.

They don't have valid concerns. It's like saying a 8 year old with terminal cancer has valid concerns with buying a house with a good school district for their children in the future.

It's done, the jobs can't come back, we can't build infrastructure for them. Trump sold them a chemo treatment that will make them violently ill and maybe buy them a few more weeks of suffering.

What are you or Trump or anyone proposing to solve their plight besides pretending that you understand? There is nothing left for them, there is no solution, the only thing left is to ease them on to a better place as hard as it is to do.

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

wonder if someone will start a blog to catalog the various Trump Supporter Hate Crimes committed in the next few years
i would but that seems like a lot of legwork

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo
Our fort has been made a Barony. Appreciate the congrats to our local Baron Squizzle

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

Fullhouse posted:

wonder if someone will start a blog to catalog the various Trump Supporter Hate Crimes committed in the next few years

it will honestly be worse earlier in my experience and die down a bit after their energy is spent.

or its 1968 again and things get dicey

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

"if it walks like a duck and quacks like a duck it is clearly not a duck." - powercrazy

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

babypolis posted:

the most stupid and ignorant people in the world were right. im still in shock

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_UmNW__xsgM

Typo
Aug 19, 2009

Chernigov Military Aviation Lyceum
The Fighting Slowpokes

Vernii posted:

Liberals are going to need to get over their fear of guns and start arming. If things do get bad and escalate, megaphones don't beat ARs. It would also have the nice side benefit of dropping a losing issue that does nothing but mobilize tons of single-issue voters to pull the R lever.

yeah gently caress federal gun control laws if red america wants to shoot themselves a few thousand times a year let them

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Powercrazy posted:

Perhaps "they" aren't Nazis at all, and your ignorant insistence "they" are, is a problem with you and others in the DNC?

Fullhouse posted:

it hasn't even been 24 hours

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them
anyone who didn't think america was racist was a aufcking idiot

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
tyranny, a game by obsidian entertainment about what happens after the bad guys win, comes out tomorrow lol.

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

lol don't engage with powercrazy

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

Fullhouse posted:

that sounds like a great way to develop a drinking problem

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich

NecroMonster posted:

i don't blame any on individual or group alone, and i'm not even mad, i'm too god damned sick and defeated at this point

It'll pass. When it does, the rage will take hold.

Hold onto that. A true monster just got given the reins of the world. We'll need all the righteous fury we can muster to defeat that beast and see that all of those who stand with him face their just desserts.

Speaking of, the rage is back in me. I want to do something - give me direction, give me a way to give aid and comfort from overseas.

Lord of Pie
Mar 2, 2007

Flambeau posted:

Can we get a tooth-color analysis on Mike Pence please?

[

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
If there's any proof that "It's the economy, stupid", it's that personally, that's what I'm most concerned about still. huh. god I am an rear end in a top hat.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

NecroMonster posted:

lol don't engage with powercrazy

it was such an easy joke though

El Hefe
Oct 31, 2006

You coulda had a V8/
Instead of a tre-eight slug to yo' cranium/
I got six and I'm aimin' 'em/
Will I bust or keep you guessin'
Is pussy grabbing legal now? asking for a friend

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

Geostomp posted:

So beyond a deep sense of disgust with America and humanity in general, what is the current takeaway from all this? "Nothing matters besides giving angry white people a target?" "The Republican party's control over the nation is so great that they could rush through anyone with enough effort?" "The nation is filled with bigots and dupes?" "Neo-Nazis will have their way eventually?"

What is there possible to learn from this debacle?

How about don't nominate deeply flawed candidates in a coronation, and instead have a real primary where the field is cleared of "odious" candidates well before. Also maybe realize that unquestioning loyalty and yes-men are a liability, not an asset.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

RACHET posted:

The left will be too busy infighting over idealogical purity and nothing will be accomplished as usual

This is pretty much the only certainty right now. The civil war between class war and race war.

Winkie01
Nov 28, 2004
https://twitter.com/VAL2D2/status/796476988974239745

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

im glad everything is still fine forever

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

Brother Entropy posted:

that sounds like a great way to develop a drinking problem

hell, i'm already posting on CSPAM

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

Joementum posted:

Obviously the issue here is that all the racists who voted for Barack Obama in 2008 aren't turning out to vote for Hillary Clinton.

Nice!

CortezFantastic
Aug 10, 2003

I SEE DEMONS

Vernii posted:

Liberals are going to need to get over their fear of guns and start arming. If things do get bad and escalate, megaphones don't beat ARs. It would also have the nice side benefit of dropping a losing issue that does nothing but mobilize tons of single-issue voters to pull the R lever.

I'm afraid you are correct. I loving hate guns too.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Maybe if he'd tried some of that progressive populism.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.
So in 2020 no major candidate's going to even bother releasing tax returns since it's been show to be a completely meaningless gesture I guess.

LastInLine posted:

I saw that live and was reminded that of all the DLC-era Democratic strategists, he was always the only one with any grasp of what was happening between the coasts. They of course promptly ran him out of the inner circle in favor of yes-men.

Look if the Democrats keep people like Carville or Dean around that might mean having a solid national setup and possibly being competent and that's a bridge too far.

NecroMonster posted:

or maybe we should fix and expand education funding

Will this happen before or after Trump gets ride of the Department of Education and we see public school funding go to charters and other religious schools that will teach full blown right-wing propaganda?

Louisgod posted:

Is there any indication that the gutting of the voter protection act suppressed the democratic vote this time around? I forgot about those early efforts to disfranchise voters.

NC had a pretty massive drop in black voter turnout, with targeted early voting reductions as well as less polling places. Maybe they all just thought Hilary wasn't worth voting for, maybe they didn't vote because the NC GOP successfully placed enough hurdles. :shrug:

Walker absolutely gutted WI enough for it to matter. No idea about MI though.

Covok posted:

More than they ever should, but not as much as we all think.

Trump wants to open up libel laws and he'll likely have a SCOTUS majority that supports doing so, so they should be pretty afraid if they ever say mean things about politicians and/or rich people, especially Trump.

Three Olives posted:

Appeal to what? Bumfuck PA is dead and gone, there are no solutions. Coal can't be profitably mined going forward even if we endanger the miner's safety. Air conditioners can not be profitably manufactured in the US, unskilled labor is too cheap elsewhere. Fine, put a tariff on it, us big city elites can afford it, when your window unit in your trailer home breaks down good luck being able to afford an American made one at Walmart.

Us big city "liberal elite" tried our best to save you but that was not enough, against all evidence, against all advice, against everything we could do you made your lovely bed of despair, enjoy your heroin at this point.

Coal miners and 'forgotten' rural types don't want the brutal truth like when Clinton said coal is dead and not coming back. They want comforting lies like what Trump gave them.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO
Literally wondering if under trump I'll go to Mexico one day and not be let back in the US.

Or get operation wetbacked...

Lord of Pie
Mar 2, 2007

The only thing Dean did this time was have some nice meltdowns and give himself carpal tunnel blocking everyone that said anything about him being a lobbyist on twitter

Lord of Pie
Mar 2, 2007

Operation Orange Julius

GrimGypsy
Mar 27, 2007

on the other hand rural whites voted for Trump so maybe they're not good people :shrug:

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
starting to believe that any candidate other than clinton would've beaten trump.

TyrantWD
Nov 6, 2010
Ignore my doomerism, I don't think better things are possible
These protests and hate crimes are a lot less severe than expected. By next Friday all the talk will be about Harry Potter and Black Friday sales.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

GrimGypsy posted:

on the other hand rural whites voted for Trump so maybe they're not good people :shrug:

but why? why are they not "good" people?

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them
9i was on a depressed media blackout and missed the protest in chicago

going there now

quote this when im on trumps list

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

Seams posted:

starting to believe that any candidate other than clinton would've beaten trump.

Not any, and Clinton probably could have taken out a normal GOP candidate. It's a complicated election like they usually are.

Dems needed a populist, Reps got one they don't know how to handle.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

TyrantWD posted:

These protests and hate crimes are a lot less severe than expected. By next Friday all the talk will be about Harry Potter and Black Friday sales.

gently caress off

• Locked thread