Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
http://www.psp-tv.com/r/NiteCrew
This poll is closed.
500562 49.92%
139 0.01%
153 0.02%
500888 49.95%
940 0.09%
Total: 1002682 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

Schnorkles posted:

the gop literally had something drop in their lap that they have no idea what to do with

mcconell and ryan are melting down at this very minute and their consulting class is licking its chops but has no idea how to actually do what they want to do.

"nazi party" is a stretch atm.

most likely scenario: lots of people make lots of money, current power infrastructure is used to maintain power and keep makin it rain. we all die because the planet becomes a toaster oven in 200 years.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

sooooo will trump's Russian ties actually figure into anything for 18 or 20? Is it like Hillary where they have to wait for their enemy to actually get into office so they can be smeared?

Pook Good Mook
Aug 6, 2013

ENFORCE THE UNITED STATES DRESS CODE AT ALL COSTS!

This message paid for by the Men's Wearhouse& Jos A Bank Lobbying Group

Schnorkles posted:

Every party is in crisis after they lose.

The republicans are going to loudly detonate about 6-12 months into being the governing party because that's what happens

I agree with this. Trump burned through 3 loving campaign managers before he settled on one he liked.

This is going to be a disaster when it comes to the Adminstrative Regulations regarding pollution and global warming. But even those new rule-makings are subject to suits in court.

I do not see how Trump doesn't completely upend some legislative negotiations by going over the head of the legislative liason and attempting to make deals with Congress on his own. He's going to make Bush post-Katrina look like a loving walk in the park.

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

Montasque posted:

More POPSTARS

the fact that i kept seeing the #lovetrumpshate slogan pushed by hilary's campaign really should've been a sign that they were more oblivious than i wanted to believe they were

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

I'll be able to run in 2024. If we all start now we can raise my profile and make it happen by then.

We are gonna build a different wall.

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

Venom Snake posted:

you know who else is people? women, LGBTQ people, PoC......

I don't give a hot gently caress what rural bumfuck "put the blacks back were they belong" jim bob thinks. What is right doesn't stop being right just because your lost.

Maybe those strawmen you've constructed are just that, straw men. Maybe there is something else that motivates them, something that is necessary for survival, but also something so disgustingly ignored by your candidate that it actually cost her the election?

Nah, prolly just bad people in a black and white world. gently caress you and the dnc.

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them
where the fuckin "here how to help" thread

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

It's a little bit juvenile, but it's simple and it's timeless.

We let it be known that Schnorkles, for a snack, eats tiny pieces of shit.

You're picturing it and you're talking about it. That's a win in my book.

anime was right posted:

most likely scenario: lots of people make lots of money, current power infrastructure is used to maintain power and keep makin it rain. we all die because the planet becomes a toaster oven in 200 years.

If we bet on inertia [which is a wise bet in american politics] then we assume the senate will happily keep everything gridlocked in order to maintain current power structures and compensation structures

it's what the senate does :v: they're good at it

Doktor Avalanche
Dec 30, 2008

Pook Good Mook posted:

They went so hard on this poo poo and are so completely hosed. Either they file charges and lose like bitches in a criminal court, or they don't and they get to face their supporters.

They'll serve them some bullshit excuse ("The ESTABLISHMENT stopped us!!!! (please forget that we hold the presidency, the senate and the house)") and they'll eat it up because it'll be another "we're the victims" story.

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

vyelkin posted:

well, one way or another we learned that ground game apparently doesn't mean poo poo

It was never real. It was a talking point, hillarys down ticket funding was a farce.

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

bump_fn posted:

No help. No help. You're the help.

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

if the senate repeals the fillibuster and starts rubber stamping the house's bills

then a.) McConnell has been stuffed in a dryer somewhere, and b.) pray for death

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

Living in a hateful world sending me straight to Heaven
https://twitter.com/BillFOX46/status/796567127364894721

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JYoIgKxOK4A

Water Resistant
Jul 10, 2003

DryGoods posted:

Melania looked legit pissed between fake smiling last night. She probably thought she was done with this poo poo last night then Whoops! At least four years of being forced to touch dirty peasants and reading cribbed speeches.

What do we think the odds of a White House divorce are? She is getting older, and I'm very sure he'll get some younger attention for being president.

Also it's not clear if Melania knew about his affair, or if she just found out last week too.

Pook Good Mook
Aug 6, 2013

ENFORCE THE UNITED STATES DRESS CODE AT ALL COSTS!

This message paid for by the Men's Wearhouse& Jos A Bank Lobbying Group

Powercrazy posted:

Maybe those strawmen you've constructed are just that, straw men. Maybe there is something else that motivates them, something that is necessary for survival, but also something so disgustingly ignored by your candidate that it actually cost her the election?

Nah, prolly just bad people in a black and white world. gently caress you and the dnc.

Neither of you is wrong, unless you're actually suggesting that there aren't Trump supporters who are truly in a basket of deplorables.

It was said earlier. The problem that the Democrats had this election was they didn't get what Obama got, you can engage with people who are "wrong" on certain issues because they quite often have other legitimate concerns. Engagement is not endorsement.

D O R K Y
Sep 1, 2001

Part of me wishes I could just trick my brain into thinking I was one of the people who was elated by the election results. It's just impossible though. The best I can do is trick myself into thinking like the type of person who just doesn't concern themselves politically at all. And what's scary is that it's working because I just feel so utterly defeated that I don't think I can muster the energy to fight for anything anymore.

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

Pook Good Mook posted:

Neither of you is wrong, unless you're actually suggesting that there aren't Trump supporters who are truly in a basket of deplorables.

It was said earlier. The problem that the Democrats had this election was they didn't get what Obama got, you can engage with people who are "wrong" on certain issues because they quite often have other legitimate concerns. Engagement is not endorsement.

don't talk to powercrazy

cumshitter
Sep 27, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
I wish I'd thought of this before Halloween but maybe next year I'll go as Trump with my fists stuck in a couple fleshlights.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Gamerofthegame posted:

poo poo sucks, optimism is go.

This, 100%. No matter what your situation, you should take a minute to just skim that 100-day plan from Trump and think of how thoroughly, viciously, and with 24 grit sandpaper he turned around and hosed all those loving poor white rurals who trusted him like complete loving fools. It's like Lucy with the football except she loving stabs Charlie afterward. It's amazing how loving cold that poo poo is and no matter how much danger Trumpworld poses to you due to your skin or identity, you will absolutely be able to laugh at the mental image of the "congratulations, you played yourself" gif looping on a giant trump sized jumbotron forever. He's going to replace the ACA with loving HSA cards and turn Medicaid into block grants people, imagine these corpulent chucklefucks on their scooters wheeling into the TrumpCare office, getting their loving HSA card with like $30 on it for the loving year and be like "WHUUUH? MAH INSULIN" and know they did that 100% to themselves. They had a loving choice and opted for the loving crackerjack box prize version of health care reform.

namaste

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

Dork457 posted:

Part of me wishes I could just trick my brain into thinking I was one of the people who was elated by the election results. It's just impossible though. The best I can do is trick myself into thinking like the type of person who just doesn't concern themselves politically at all. And what's scary is that it's working because I just feel so utterly defeated that I don't think I can muster the energy to fight for anything anymore.

use it, don't get disheartened~

theres a will theres moe
Jan 10, 2007

Hair Elf

bump_fn posted:

Idk but I have a lead on a high profile community organizer who's going to be looking for work soon

disjoe
Feb 18, 2011

pathetic little tramp posted:

re, rural voters chat.

im from the old dead steel cities in the northern panhandle of west virgnia. together, weirton and steubenville ohio probably had about 50,000 people working there in the 1950s. There was also a huge KKK presence of course, blacks were not allowed to live in town, and unions were strong. In 1981, the steel industry collapsed and those places laid off thousands and most of the steel mills died. The reason? Just too much steel in the world, prices got driven down, and there was no profit in it anymore. No regulations, just the market gonna market.

I was born shortly after and was taught from a young age "steel is dead, get out"

Facebook of people living in that area is crowing that Trump is going to bring back the steel mills. They're really that completely deluded. Not only would no one want to invest the hundreds of millions of dollars it would take to rebuild a steel mill, steel production is much more automated than in the 70s, and those 50,000 jobs would probably be 3 to 4,000. Additionally, they've fought for years to destroy unions in Ohio, so the wages would be poo poo even if any of that happened.

They've been completely conned and they're going to need our help, but this whole attitude of "Well let's find something for them to do" isn't helpful. Sometimes cities just die, and that's okay.

First, this is unbelievably tragic.

Second, because I am an rear end in a top hat I see opportunity there. Once it's clear Trump isn't helping them, Dems/Volunteer groups could start a program to help them find jobs in other communities. With a big sign that makes clear Democrats are behind it. I think if you extend a helping hand to these people they'll pay you back.

Luceid
Jan 20, 2005

Buy some freaking medicine.

NecroMonster posted:

you can treat rural whites as human beings without humoring their bigotry

did any of the d&d superstars run in here to scream about how this makes you racist or some nonsense yet because it seems to be a bizarrely taboo idea

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Proud Musk and Dogecoin fanboy

Water Resistant posted:

What do we think the odds of a White House divorce are? She is getting older, and I'm very sure he'll get some younger attention for being president.

Also it's not clear if Melania knew about his affair, or if she just found out last week too.

If she didn't think Trump was off loving other women she's dumb as hell.

DryGoods
Apr 26, 2014

Dogs, on the other hand, can connect with that pathos.

Water Resistant posted:

Just thinking the same thing. With this win Trump's gotta be looking to turn Melania in for a new Eastern European model. People have been fussing over cabinet positions but the real question is who's in charge of organizing the women snuck in for him to romance in the White House bedroom.

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

Luceid posted:

did any of the d&d superstars run in here to scream about how this makes you racist or some nonsense yet because it seems to be a bizarrely taboo idea

no

and none of the "maybe racism is good" folks have confronted me about it either

theres a will theres moe
Jan 10, 2007

Hair Elf

Admiral Ray posted:

If she didn't think Trump was off loving other women she's dumb as hell.

What kind of music do you suppose trump likes loving to

Equeen
Oct 29, 2011

Pole dance~

swampland posted:

Got a link? Didn't hear about that

Here ya go: https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.buzzfeed.com/amphtml/eleanorbate/my-memes-are-more-relevant-than-you

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

Is Huma gonna be Smithers getting buried in Burns' grave

Dolash
Oct 23, 2008

aNYWAY,
tHAT'S REALLY ALL THERE IS,
tO REPORT ON THE SUBJECT,
oF ME GETTING HURT,

The tone of the reaction to Donald Trump mirrors a lot of the reaction to Obama's win in '08, except all the unfounded fears Republicans had back then about Obama are actually true of Trump. They thought Obama was hopelessly inexperienced and out of his depth, whereas Trump hardly even knows what the President does. They thought he would weaken America abroad and leave America's allies stranded, Trump has put NATO itself on the table. They thought Obama was going to lock down every branch of government and usher in a thousand years of liberal darkness, now Trump is perhaps the most powerful President ever with a Congress ready to nuke the filibuster and seize the supreme court for a generation.

Similarly, the reaction by Trump's supporters seems like the mirror image of what they thought was going on when Obama won - the gleeful preparation for persecuting their political enemies, the aggressive rubbing of their victory in the loser's faces (lewandowskii_and_van_jones_on_cnn_last_night.avi), the token language of bringing the nation together again quickly worked through to get back to pressing their new advantage.

Basically what I'm wondering is, at the time, Republicans' fears of Obama were totally overblown and he turned out to be pretty moderate and milquetoast. Is the same thing true here and everyone's panic that he's going to destroy America and the global order as we know it is overblown, or is this the actual version of what they thought was going to happen?

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
I bet Hillary goes ahead and divorces Bill now.

disjoe
Feb 18, 2011

bump_fn posted:

A lot of this poo poo is very decentralized (the DNC is going to be comatose for the coming months at least) so get to googling local Democratic Party offices, Planned Parenthoods, SPLC Offices, whatever, and do some networking to find the best fit for you. If you're genuinely enthusiastic they'll gladly have you.

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

Dolash posted:

The tone of the reaction to Donald Trump mirrors a lot of the reaction to Obama's win in '08, except all the unfounded fears Republicans had back then about Obama are actually true of Trump. They thought Obama was hopelessly inexperienced and out of his depth, whereas Trump hardly even knows what the President does. They thought he would weaken America abroad and leave America's allies stranded, Trump has put NATO itself on the table. They thought Obama was going to lock down every branch of government and usher in a thousand years of liberal darkness, now Trump is perhaps the most powerful President ever with a Congress ready to nuke the filibuster and seize the supreme court for a generation.

Similarly, the reaction by Trump's supporters seems like the mirror image of what they thought was going on when Obama won - the gleeful preparation for persecuting their political enemies, the aggressive rubbing of their victory in the loser's faces (lewandowskii_and_van_jones_on_cnn_last_night.avi), the token language of bringing the nation together again quickly worked through to get back to pressing their new advantage.

Basically what I'm wondering is, at the time, Republicans' fears of Obama were totally overblown and he turned out to be pretty moderate and milquetoast. Is the same thing true here and everyone's panic that he's going to destroy America and the global order as we know it is overblown, or is this the actual version of what they thought was going to happen?

it is.. very hard to destroy your enemies in the american political system

it is in fact very hard to even get anything done

MaxxBot
Oct 6, 2003

you could have clapped

you should have clapped!!

Darkman Fanpage posted:

cant wait for first lady melania to get to work addressing the cyberbullying problem. :)

I am confident that she will take care of mean cyberbullies like National Review, Rick Wilson, and Bill Kristol.

Derpies
Mar 11, 2014

by sebmojo
Republicans and Trumpers gonna have fun owning this debacle the rest of there lives. Next two years is all there poo poo show.

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

Pick posted:

I sort of hoped divorcing him and publicly denouncing his past behavior was her plan to get reelected. either way, yeah I hope she tells that shitslime to get hosed.

DryGoods
Apr 26, 2014

Dogs, on the other hand, can connect with that pathos.
I think the funniest thing is that some of Trump's biggest enemies are actually on the right. Is he going to spend the next four years fighting the House and Senate while the confused Dems look on?

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

Pick posted:

probably

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

DryGoods posted:

I think the funniest thing is that some of Trump's biggest enemies are actually on the right. Is he going to spend the next four years fighting the House and Senate while the confused Dems look on?

paul ryan looked like someone shot his dog this morning and breitbart is already releasing stories on how they won't forget and are calling for holy jihad

what i'm saying is that this might get rocky

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

Entropic posted:

The problem with guns is that every single person who owns one thinks they're one of the sane, sensible, responsible gun owners but a significant percentage of those people are disastrously, violently wrong.

Oh word? Are those the ones that go into law enforcement and whom "common sense" gun control legislation will always provide an exception for? Cool. Glad you are woke.

• Locked thread