Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.

Shoenin posted:

Penelo is seriously getting another event?

It's been a while since she was featured, yes (the last time was when she debuted). She didn't even get a new SB in the Vayne event, nor did Vaan (although he got an OSB in the fest), so it's prime time to introduce new stuff for them (and maybe Larsa, because why not).

They've been needing to add more USBs anyway, so Penelo's a good chance for it.

Grozz Nuy posted:

X and XIII are the new VI and VII, I guess

Probably a USB for her, like how Aeris just got one in the most recent VII event in Japan. We won't be getting the Vayne event in Global for almost four more months still, so I'm cool with two XII events relatively close together.

X has had a lot of events in the past year, and they can always dip into X-2 (the Syndicate for potential new characters). Honestly they could probably use more VIII, considering how outdated Squall/Rinoa/Laguna are at this point. Even Selphie hasn't had a new relic since her BSB.

My XII synergy is nice and strong so this is good news really. They haven't had a new V event in a while, but it must be getting tougher for them to create more content for that realm since they've just about squeezed it dry at this point.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011
Should also mention that besides the Chain mechanics, the XI event adds another new ability school: Witch. It's focused on female mages (and Tyro, natch) and racking up combo numbers; the 4* abilities are obviously intended to combo into the 5* abilities, but they'll work with any magic, really, so 4* access is still a good bonus.

Fast Blizzard - 2 single target Ice magic damage + self Quickcast Magic 1
Fast Thunder - 2 single target Lightning magic damage + self Quickcast Magic 1
Flux Blizzard - 6 single target Ice magic damage with long cast time
Hell Thunder - 6 single target Lightning magic damage with long cast time

4* users: Maria, Rydia, Krile, Terra, Ashe, Serah, Reynn
5* users: Matoya, Cloud of Darkness, Rinoa, Edea, Lulu, Shantotto, Tyro

Benthalus
Jul 5, 2002

Goddamnit, they had to put all the obnoxious status-inflicting trash in the FFVIII core dungeons again. I've had to S/L 4 times in this one fight against two mobs because either an attacker gets blinded, a magic user gets silenced, or someone gets hit with Iai blow.

gently caress off.

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

but at least I don't have
a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

LornMarkus posted:

Huh, kind of expected to get Meliadoul before those two, but oh well.

Meliadoul did not surrender, so her fate is to die in obscurity.

In all seriousness, Meliadoul is always forgotten and swept under the rug because by the time you get her, Orlandu exists. It's a drat tragedy.

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

<click> <click> What is it with this dancing?! Bouncing around like fools... I would have thought my own kind at least would understand the seriousness of our Adventurer's Guild!

What're people's takes on the Elite realm dungeons having specific mastery conditions compared to before? Do you enjoy getting a full Mastery or do you prefer to say screw it most of the time because you got perfect medals on the trash stages anyway?

Attestant
Oct 23, 2012

Don't judge me.

Alxprit posted:

What're people's takes on the Elite realm dungeons having specific mastery conditions compared to before? Do you enjoy getting a full Mastery or do you prefer to say screw it most of the time because you got perfect medals on the trash stages anyway?

I bring A-teams that kill almost all core dungeon content so fast, that I miss 1 or 2 conditions almost every time. :v:

Attestant fucked around with this message at 17:18 on Nov 10, 2016

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

I did a lucky draw pull last night and got the Artemis bow :toot:

I have three BSBs and they are all from FFV :lol:

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

Alxprit posted:

I like trying for full mastery, but if the conditions are too bullshit/don't fit in my team comp I like that I can just say "gently caress it". Better than having to funnel disgusting amounts of stamina because you couldn't land Sleep on a 5-difficulty boss without one-shotting it.

Likewise, nowdays on elites I try to go for CM conditions just because I can, with exception of FF11 for obvious reasons. If I just want to get it over with, though, I'll load up Celes/Ramza/Zell with synergy and mash the dungeon into a fine paste.

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu: sometimes passing just isn't an option.
Man, I got full medals on the 160 level dungeon (no CM) but I get so easily boned in the 180 dungeon. I relied a lot on Celes' and Ramza's BSSB's in the Geosgaeno fight, and I am lacking in high level water abilities for Omega Weapon. Any strategies that can help here?

Also I did the lucky draw, and :toot:

The only SB I've had for Squall forever was Revolver which made him not super useful, and now I can play with Rinoa.

1st AD fucked around with this message at 18:16 on Nov 10, 2016

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

1st AD posted:

Man, I got full medals on the 160 level dungeon (no CM) but I get so easily boned in the 180 dungeon. I relied a lot on Celes' and Ramza's BSSB's in the Geosgaeno fight, and I am lacking in high level water abilities for Omega Weapon. Any strategies that can help here?

The easiest thing to recommend is that you find a way to hone up Sapphire Shot and/or Leviathan. Barring that (I understand that hones are a bitch), are you running Shout/Maria's Song/Wall all on the same team? If so, Tidus BSB might be a better RW than Tidus OSB, depending on your hones. Finally: Equip Instant KO resist accessories. A huge chunk of Omega Weapon's damage potential is locked in his Gravija spam, so being able to shrug that off is huge, a lot bigger than +30 to a stat would be. I don't know if you have the Safety Bit from ages upon ages ago, but you should have at least one Memento Ring VI and Mythril Armlet X if not two of each.

Schwartzcough
Aug 12, 2009

Don't tease the Octopus, kids!
I had been avoiding the DU banner because I was afraid I'd just get outdated FFVII junk, but I do need V and VIII synergy, and have almost no good VII SBs. But I finally caved and pulled- outdated FFVII Junk! What a surprise! This ancient glove for Tifa will surely come in handy! :suicide:

SageAcrin
Apr 23, 2014

there was a mean thing here before, but now there is a dog

KataraniSword posted:

The easiest thing to recommend is that you find a way to hone up Sapphire Shot and/or Leviathan. Barring that (I understand that hones are a bitch), are you running Shout/Maria's Song/Wall all on the same team? If so, Tidus BSB might be a better RW than Tidus OSB, depending on your hones. Finally: Equip Instant KO resist accessories. A huge chunk of Omega Weapon's damage potential is locked in his Gravija spam, so being able to shrug that off is huge, a lot bigger than +30 to a stat would be. I don't know if you have the Safety Bit from ages upon ages ago, but you should have at least one Memento Ring VI and Mythril Armlet X if not two of each.

Tama's Ribbon and Hope's Bandanna also resist instant KO, off the top of my head.

I know I somehow have four res accessories despite starting three months ago or so.

And I didn't use them for the fight because I wanted to keep the 700 Attack Tidus Burst RW I had and hadn't clicked to how gravity he was before the fight OR realized I had that many... :negative:

Lessons learned before Mr. 45% MHP Rocket Launcher spam Omega coming up, at least.

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

gravity resist is really good

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu: sometimes passing just isn't an option.

KataraniSword posted:

Wait, does KO resistance affect Gravity?

Jose Valasquez
Apr 8, 2005

Varance posted:

Here's a video of how chain soul breaks work: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2D4BqOTgq9w

How are there 8 characters in that fight?

AweStriker
Oct 6, 2014

1st AD posted:

Wait, does KO resistance affect Gravity?

Yes.

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011

Jose Valasquez posted:

How are there 8 characters in that fight?

That's a Multiplayer fight. 4 teams of 2 characters.

LornMarkus
Nov 8, 2011

KataraniSword posted:

Meliadoul did not surrender, so her fate is to die in obscurity.

In all seriousness, Meliadoul is always forgotten and swept under the rug because by the time you get her, Orlandu exists. It's a drat tragedy.

Yeah, it's part of the reason I actually never really liked Cid. Don't hate him, notably, but I did always feel it was really dumb for him to show up and be a better character than Agrias who you got before him and Meliadoul who you get after. After the first time I did use him I just started stripping the Excalibur off him and tossing him in the bin. Though the other problem that never helped matters was that absurd decision to have characters stop interacting with the story at the exact moment they join your party. I know why they did it, but it's still utterly baffling to me that they didn't try to find a better way that didn't involve Agrias becoming mute a minute after desperately asking you to help her save Ovelia.

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

LornMarkus posted:

Yeah, it's part of the reason I actually never really liked Cid. Don't hate him, notably, but I did always feel it was really dumb for him to show up and be a better character than Agrias who you got before him and Meliadoul who you get after. After the first time I did use him I just started stripping the Excalibur off him and tossing him in the bin. Though the other problem that never helped matters was that absurd decision to have characters stop interacting with the story at the exact moment they join your party. I know why they did it, but it's still utterly baffling to me that they didn't try to find a better way that didn't involve Agrias becoming mute a minute after desperately asking you to help her save Ovelia.

At least WotL fixes that a little bit; it's only a handful of scenes, but you do get scenes for keeping Agrias and her subordinates in your team.

You also get an utterly loving broken accessory in the Tynar Rouge.

SageAcrin
Apr 23, 2014

Writing conservation, for FFT, really.

If you have characters interact with plot, you have to make two versions of plot scenes, one where you kicked them out, one where you didn't.

If you don't allow kicking people out, the ultimate issue where you have so many plot characters that you can't keep generics/monsters comes up.

And presumably, the 16 slots were to keep it down to a block on a PSX memory card.

So in summary; Combo of FFT not being the highest Square budget game and PSX limitations, prolly.

(I don't think this excuses the lack of not doing any extra writing in War of the Lions, though, as they did expand to 24 slots IIRC, and did have an optional scene reactive require having Agrias, so they did exactly enough to show they could have made an interesting portmake one way or the other, then didn't bother. [Edit: Heh, then again I guess it is glass half empty, glass half full. At least they did do stuff. Some ports don't do anything.])

Also, nice to see my guess was right-Rafa and Malak being high candidates for RK makes sense, because they desperately need some damned mages in that cast.

Now we just need Olan for a book using Sage, Reis for a Monk, Beowulf as a mixed offense like Vincent or Raines, and Melia as someone they've designed themselves into a corner on because they've already made all the good physical setups for FFT and we're all set!

(Could... could they BS Melia as a Dragoon? She could use spears... :smith:)

LornMarkus
Nov 8, 2011

SageAcrin posted:

Writing conservation, for FFT, really.

If you have characters interact with plot, you have to make two versions of plot scenes, one where you kicked them out, one where you didn't.

If you don't allow kicking people out, the ultimate issue where you have so many plot characters that you can't keep generics/monsters comes up.

And presumably, the 16 slots were to keep it down to a block on a PSX memory card.

So in summary; Combo of FFT not being the highest Square budget game and PSX limitations, prolly.

(I don't think this excuses the lack of not doing any extra writing in War of the Lions, though, as they did expand to 24 slots IIRC, and did have an optional scene reactive require having Agrias, so they did exactly enough to show they could have made an interesting portmake one way or the other, then didn't bother. [Edit: Heh, then again I guess it is glass half empty, glass half full. At least they did do stuff. Some ports don't do anything.])

Also, nice to see my guess was right-Rafa and Malak being high candidates for RK makes sense, because they desperately need some damned mages in that cast.

Now we just need Olan for a book using Sage, Reis for a Monk, Beowulf as a mixed offense like Vincent or Raines, and Melia as someone they've designed themselves into a corner on because they've already made all the good physical setups for FFT and we're all set!

(Could... could they BS Melia as a Dragoon? She could use spears... :smith:)

Yup, like I said, I know why they did it but it simply wasn't the right decision. And yeah, I still need to actually play War of the Lions, I bought it way back in the day but that slowdown on ability use was basically nails on a chalkboard for me and I barely made it at all into it.

KataraniSword posted:

At least WotL fixes that a little bit; it's only a handful of scenes, but you do get scenes for keeping Agrias and her subordinates in your team.

You also get an utterly loving broken accessory in the Tynar Rouge.

Oh yeah, I did forget about that loving perfume. Seriously, what the Christ were they thinking just dumping him with all that poo poo on you mid-game for doing nothing more than advancing the story? :shepface:

Rangpur
Dec 31, 2008

I think the biggest issue holding Melia back is that my reaction to hearing her name was "who the gently caress is Melia,"" and that's coming from someone who adored FFT. (I mean, I realized a couple seconds later you were probably referring to Meliadoul, but still.) I'm still too new to the game to really say what the real issues are, but it's not like there aren't other redundant characters; I'd just give her a limit break that applies all the 'break' conditions and call it a day.

So, speaking of newbie questions I saved up 50 Mythril--do I pull on Keeper's Choice 2 now, or wait for it to go on sale (assuming it's one that actually does go on sale). Is there a recommended freebie item to choose? I was leaning towards one of armor pieces with a full-party healing spell on it since my only other source of group healing is the white mage limit break, and nuts to that.

LornMarkus
Nov 8, 2011

Rangpur posted:

I think the biggest issue holding Melia back is that my reaction to hearing her name was "who the gently caress is Melia,"" and that's coming from someone who adored FFT. (I mean, I realized a couple seconds later you were probably referring to Meliadoul, but still.) I'm still too new to the game to really say what the real issues are, but it's not like there aren't other redundant characters; I'd just give her a limit break that applies all the 'break' conditions and call it a day.

So, speaking of newbie questions I saved up 50 Mythril--do I pull on Keeper's Choice 2 now, or wait for it to go on sale (assuming it's one that actually does go on sale). Is there a recommended freebie item to choose? I was leaning towards one of armor pieces with a full-party healing spell on it since my only other source of group healing is the white mage limit break, and nuts to that.

Banners don't go "on sale." Lucky Banners are their own thing which pop up at a halved cost but they have a huge draw table instead of a specific one where you can predict what you'll get, and in Global still contain Unique soul breaks that are insanely behind the power curve now.

Basically: Banners are whatever price they show up at, period. The only discount ever applied to them is that your first Single pull from them only costs $1 instead of $3, but that's only in actual dollars. It'll still cost 5 mythril regardless.

Star Platinum
May 5, 2010
It's somehow aggravating to see three full waves of cactuars in the FF8 dungeon and only get 20k EXP from them. :argh:

SageAcrin
Apr 23, 2014

Having said that; Keeper 2 is still an excellent first banner to draw on.

(Onion Knight 1 is coming up in a couple of weeks, though... you get mythril so fast at the start that you can draw on both, but that's such a good banner that, if you don't mind grinding up a dopey character that's not good until L99, it could be worth saving all your blue shiny rocks for that. Then again, he's not actually useful until you get some 4* motes. So even if you do decide to draw on that, it's probably better for your short term to draw on Keeper 2 first...)

I think the general consensus is Gaia Gear to grab first, if you don't have a shared Medica? It's one of the rare pieces of earth strengthening armor on top of being a shared Medica. But there's a few other good pieces, like the two fire strengtheners(Most people like the Armlet more, though the Cap has some uses) or Oath Veil(rare Wind strengthening hat).

Chillgamesh
Jul 29, 2014

They did an arrangement of Awakening (the Shadowlord/Dynamis-Xarcabard track) for the FFXI event coming up in JP.

FFRK Remixes of tracks from old games continue to be incredibly good. I hope they do some more FFXI stuff soon, I'd love to see Maat and Zeid as characters.

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

SageAcrin posted:

(Onion Knight 1 is coming up in a couple of weeks, though... you get mythril so fast at the start that you can draw on both, but that's such a good banner that, if you don't mind grinding up a dopey character that's not good until L99, it could be worth saving all your blue shiny rocks for that. Then again, he's not actually useful until you get some 4* motes. So even if you do decide to draw on that, it's probably better for your short term to draw on Keeper 2 first...)

Onion Knight, as a character, is meant explicitly to appeal to the endgame players, the ones who clear DUs and mote events as they come out, who don't mind abusing eggs and dailies and full-clearing events to have one absurdly-powerful character. While the other things on the banner are great for new players, OK's relics themselves are on a character who is Core-level bad unless you put in mountains of effort into maxing him out.

It might be seen as a bit of a newbie trap, lately, since in the "I haven't even got many MC1s/MC2s" mindset you've got two good relics for a terrible character on the first banner, and one on the second - and that's before getting involved with Desch.

If you're willing to wait, Alphinaud/Minfilia 1 has relics just as nuts, but for characters who need far less babying to become godlike.

SageAcrin
Apr 23, 2014

Also, OSBfest is coming up a bit before Christmas.

Assuming they don't bafflingly depower it for some reason(usually these things go up in power), it should be some of the best banners for quite a while in both directions. Great stuff to get a new account going with-in JP, there was even some staples like Sentinel Grimoire, Sheepsong and various Medica on top of the shiny pile of Bursts and OSBs.

(It's hard to say how much of the banners will stay the same, but Banner 2 in JP had Rosa's MBlink Medica/Sentinel Grimoire/Faris BSB, which are all fantastic for new players, on top of a bunch of other good stuff like both of Tidus' water god pieces of gear... if you're willing to gamble a bit on the whims of DeNA, OSBFest is a pretty good thing to save Mythril for.)

Panic! at Nabisco
Jun 6, 2007

it seemed like a good idea at the time
For a newbie, I wouldn't suggest OK1 unless you're really confident you can level him up fast. Do the exp dungeon to level up your guys and you'll passively collect his special motes, and his items come back on later banners.

For me, I think I'm going to be strong and not pull on Kain 1...or ANY of the banners between OK1 and Minfilia. That way I'll have ~450 mythril in the bank for Minfilia, OSBfest, Raines BSB, and Orlandeau.

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

These dentures won't stop me from tearing out jugulars in Thunderdome.

Are they doing any other mythril giveaways or anything aside from the usual steady drip in the next month or so? I'm almost back to 50 mythril and I'm going to resist pulling on anything else because I want at least one pull on OK, Minfilia, and OSB Fest, and probably that XIII banner and the crazy mage Nightmare banner, but some of those are pretty far away still.

I'm pretty sure I'll have no problem getting enough for one pull each, though it would be nice to pull twice on a couple of them. I'm not even sure which ones would be best for a double pull - guessing OSB Fest for sure and probably Minfilia if I'm trying to acquire more mage team relics?

SageAcrin
Apr 23, 2014

Supposedly Black Friday this time last year had 25 Mythril attached, but there's no sign of that yet in datamining.

Doesn't mean it won't happen, mind you-surprise additions happen, and the Halloween stuff was a last minute addition to the servers too.

I once heard the roulette attached to the Orbfest had a bunch of Mythril on it, but I'm not entirely sure how much/how that's going to work out.

Cape Cod Crab Chip
Feb 20, 2011

Now you don't have to suck meat from an exoskeleton!
On the topic of Raf(ph)a and Mala(ch)k (they need a good translation bridging nickname like Orlando imo) I would assume they decided it was about high time FFT had access to some mages. That game is predisposed towards sword wielders and Knights for obvious reasons. Meliadoul's the best fit for a FFT Dragoon, though, and I don't see her getting upstaged by... who's left by now? Beowulf and Reis?

Also if that event doesn't finally give us Buttpants Ramza I will flip my poo poo. I'll take Mercenary Ramza if I have to but c'mon DeNA gimme the buttpants I'll pay you five million dollars

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

Cape Cod Crab Chip posted:

On the topic of Raf(ph)a and Mala(ch)k (they need a good translation bridging nickname like Orlando imo) I would assume they decided it was about high time FFT had access to some mages. That game is predisposed towards sword wielders and Knights for obvious reasons. Meliadoul's the best fit for a FFT Dragoon, though, and I don't see her getting upstaged by... who's left by now? Beowulf and Reis?

Ironically, Meliadoul's brother (Izlude/Isilud) is the one that has access to Jump when you fight him. She herself is Just Another Holy Knight With A Sword.

Beowulf is weird in that he's almost Machinist-like in his skillset, what with focusing on a bunch of status fuckery, and Reis... well. Reis is either a dragon or a monk who can breathe fire. Your choice.

Chillgamesh
Jul 29, 2014

Cape Cod Crab Chip posted:

Also if that event doesn't finally give us Buttpants Ramza I will flip my poo poo. I'll take Mercenary Ramza if I have to but c'mon DeNA gimme the buttpants I'll pay you five million dollars

In terms of "This is an important character relevant to the story", there's a lot of ways they could go. The problem is that there's so many Knights and Spellblades. Elmdore would be a good pick just so they could do a Samurai. Otherwise, Weigraf and Folmarv, or FFTA/2 characters. Or Cloud. :v:

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story

LornMarkus posted:

And yeah, I still need to actually play War of the Lions, I bought it way back in the day but that slowdown on ability use was basically nails on a chalkboard for me and I barely made it at all into it.

You can buy the mobile port where the slowdown is fixed!

They fixed it by basically putting the game in permanent fast forward which is kind of irritating in cutscenes when everyone is running around like they're the Flash. Unless there's some menu option somewhere to slow it down (I only just got to the world map this morning). The control scheme also isn't great but it's functional.

KataraniSword posted:

Reis is either a dragon or a monk who can breathe fire. Your choice.

Make Reis a Monk and give her the Holy Dragon form for a wardrobe record.

Heaven Spacey posted:

In terms of "This is an important character relevant to the story", there's a lot of ways they could go. The problem is that there's so many Knights and Spellblades. Elmdore would be a good pick just so they could do a Samurai. Otherwise, Weigraf and Folmarv, or FFTA/2 characters. Or Cloud. :v:

Who cares about important characters relevant to the story. Give me Worker 8. Of course, Worker 8 would pretty much just have Monk and Combat...but still, he's a giant robot and therefore is great and I want him.

the Orb of Zot
Jun 25, 2013

Apport: the Orb of Zot
The orb shrieks as your magic touches it!
Yoink! You pull the item towards yourself.
You see here the Orb of Zot.
Quick update:

U and U+ CMs were non-issues. U++ wasn't that bad even with the holy resist, and now I've really warmed up to Sephiroth's BSB

Colosseum so far still a joke, although I'm expecting Omega to tear me apart with a general lack of strong lightning attacks on my end.

Lucky pull got me an irrelevant SB for Cid and Gilgamesh BSB (aka sweet as hell utility BSB, puts PCecil's team slot in something resembling competition again).

LornMarkus
Nov 8, 2011

Twelve by Pies posted:

You can buy the mobile port where the slowdown is fixed!

They fixed it by basically putting the game in permanent fast forward which is kind of irritating in cutscenes when everyone is running around like they're the Flash. Unless there's some menu option somewhere to slow it down (I only just got to the world map this morning). The control scheme also isn't great but it's functional.

Ah, I'll have to look into that once I have some spare money. Thanks for letting me know.

Also yeah, I'm not going to say this often but I'd be fine with them taking a page from Brave Exvius and doing Bloody Angel Alma. Give her Breaks that involve spamming Ultima and/or summoning up the various Zodiac bosses.

Panic! at Nabisco
Jun 6, 2007

it seemed like a good idea at the time
Tip for Omega: Bring along two healers with BLK 3* (Y'Shtola and Selphie are in this group), geared for as high MND as humanly possible, and have them spam Stop. Then have your other three party members do the damage. Ashe BSB is a strong choice here.

SageAcrin
Apr 23, 2014

Be sure to bring Dispel if you go the mage route, though.

He starts out with a Turn 2 Reflect, and then after that will recast it as a counter. (It's pretty rare; 10%. And just to Black Magic, so if you have Summons/Ninja...)

Do note; This doesn't make physical better, per se... He has three separate counters and an intro perfect rate base Blind for people going in with physicals. And one of the counters is more, lower hit rate, blind.

Also his Res is just plain worse, relatively. Which is to say, it's not 50% higher than his defense, like most ultimates, but instead even. :v:

SageAcrin fucked around with this message at 00:57 on Nov 11, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ETB
Nov 8, 2009

Yeah, I'm that guy.

SageAcrin posted:

Be sure to bring Dispel if you go the mage route, though.

He starts out with a Turn 2 Reflect, and then after that will recast it as a counter. (It's pretty rare; 10%.)

Do note; This doesn't make physical better, per se... He has three separate counters and an intro perfect rate base Blind for people going in with physicals. And one of the counters is more, lower hit rate, blind.

To reduce the risk of being reflected, have someone with Red XIII's Auto-Reflect RM to bounce your own spells. :getin:

• Locked thread