Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER

Mycroft Holmes posted:

the die has been cast. the rats approach.

I dunno if it's bad form to await an LP you're taking part in, but gently caress it~

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

Final level and it's probably the most metal yet.

Fish Noise
Jul 25, 2012

IT'S ME, BURROWS!

IT WAS ME ALL ALONG, BURROWS!
My favorite part about this whole thing has been how casually everyone peppers their dialogue with insults.

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

Fish Noise posted:

My favorite part about this whole thing has been how casually everyone peppers their dialogue with insults.

The dialogue is pretty nice, yeah. A far cry from the typo-littered mess in the original release (that you can see a little bit of in the original ending clip I included).

GamesAreSupernice
Jan 3, 2014

Oh, whoa! Check out the Viewing Globe, shorty!

Look, if outhouses don't sell a level for you, I'm not sure what will

LogicalFallacy
Nov 16, 2015

Wrecking hell's shit since 1993

Since I know everyone is super excited for it, the first episode of Bad Rats Show is uploading right now. I'm debating whether or not I want to give it its own thread, but either way I'll be putting a link here when I wake up.

LogicalFallacy
Nov 16, 2015

:siren::suicide:The Murder of LogicalFallacy by the Coward MycroftHolmes: Let's Play Bad Rats Show:suicide::siren:

Bad Rats was an awful game that came out in 2009. It was basically the incredible machine with horrible physics, horrible design, and a horrible premise.

Unfortunately, it got poo poo-gifted enough to get a sequel, Bad Rats Show. Not much has changed from the first game, with the exception of more horrible humor and horrible voice acting. About the only reason to play this game is if you're some poor sap who's volunteered to LP it. In this case, I'm that poor sap. It also has Steam Workshop support for those interested in sending me their lovely levels.

Joining me for commentary for the first session are: Mycroft Holmes, the rear end in a top hat who gave me the game; CommissarMega, an rear end in a top hat who volunteered to laugh at the poor sap playing the game; and CJacobs, who you might remember as the poor sap who LPed Bubsy.

For Chapter 2, co-commentators are CommissarMega and new guest DookyDingo.

For those interested, FutureFriend has an LP of the first game archived here.

Videos
Playlist

Chapter 1 Videos:
Episode 1: The Setting is on Cat
Let's Play Bad Rats Show Episode 2: One Cool Cat
Let's Play Bad Rats Show Episode 3: I Want to See How Bad This Gets
Chapter 2 Videos:
Let's Play Bad Rats Show Episode 4: The Most Complicated Method of Making Soup
Let's Play Bad Rats Show Episode 5: It's Not a Bug, it's a Feature
Let's Play Bad Rats Show Episode 6: He Kaepernicked it.

LogicalFallacy fucked around with this message at 10:47 on Mar 1, 2017

nutri_void
Apr 18, 2015

I shall devour your soul.
Grimey Drawer

LogicalFallacy posted:

:siren::suicide:Mistakes were made: Let's Play Bad Rats Show:suicide::siren:

Bad Rats was an awful game that came out in 2009. It was basically the incredible machine with horrible physics, horrible design, and a horrible premise.

Unfortunately, it got poo poo-gifted enough to get a sequel, Bad Rats Show. Not much has changed from the first game, with the exception of more horrible humor and horrible voice acting. About the only reason to play this game is if you're some poor sap who's volunteered to LP it. In this case, I'm that poor sap. It also has Steam Workshop support for those interested in sending me their lovely levels.

Joining me for commentary are: Mycroft Holmes, the rear end in a top hat who gave me the game; CommissarMega, an rear end in a top hat who volunteered to laugh at the poor sap playing the game; and CJacobs, who you might remember as the poor sap who LPed Bubsy.

For those interested, FutureFriend has an LP of the first game archived here.

Videos
Playlist

Episode 1: The setting is on Cat

This game does not seem to be high quality.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Hell yeah! Welcome to the rat zone everybody! :suicide:

Mycroft Holmes' audio is hurting my ears! Also the game is hurting my eyes. Talking about it for extended periods while we were recording hurt my voice. Really this is just torture all around. I love it!

CJacobs fucked around with this message at 23:25 on Nov 8, 2016

Mycroft Holmes
Mar 26, 2010

by Azathoth
I apologize for the poor quality of my audio.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Don't worry, like my good buddy Blind Sally says, don't apologize to goons for anything. :v:

GamesAreSupernice
Jan 3, 2014

CJacobs posted:

Don't worry, like my good buddy Blind Sally says, don't apologize to goons for anything. :v:

Actually if you apologize three times in a row, one of us appears in your mirror. No one knows what happens after that.

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER

GamesAreSupernice posted:

Actually if you apologize three times in a row, one of us appears in your mirror. No one knows what happens after that.

Neither of us will be virgins!

Also Mycroft Holmes' audio is nowhere as bad as mine, at least commentary-wise.

LogicalFallacy
Nov 16, 2015

I'm fairly sure I know what happened with Mycroft's audio. It's nothing that could be repaired, but it should be something we can fix up next session.

Wayne
Oct 18, 2014

He who fights too long against dragons becomes a dragon himself
Oh man, it's happening. :allears: Will definitely check that out, I only saw a couple streams of Bad Rats and it delivered, heh.

Alan Wake - DLC 1: The Signal Part 3/3
Thus ends the first half of the DLC! The fight setpieces get pretty crazy, but not as crazy as TV Wake. Definitely curious to see what y'all thought about him (since like I said the first part, the DLC really works or not depending on how you think the writers (heh) handled him). Next time will be the 2nd DLC, and that'll be that for Alan Wake.

Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen Part 11 - Warriors Come Out & Play
We wrap up the Everfall and gear up Ashley and Leon to switch vocations at the chat's behest for the next section (which is the Ancient Quarry). Quick question: how much editing, if any, do y'all want for the ogre fights? There are 3 and I don't figure out until the last one my problem is basic numbers (magick archers have infamously garbage weapons early on and I switch to a staff for #3), so the fights are very long. At minimum I plan on cutting deaths until about the health I was at before I died the previous attempt (which is what I did in the Everfall), but I haven't edited it yet so it's really up to you. If nobody cares I'll stick with the more minimalist approach, err on the side of caution and all.

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!

GamesAreSupernice posted:

This is why you never, ever apologize to goons.

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

Me llamo Sarah Brandolino, the eighth Castilian of this magnificent marriage.

Blind Sally posted:

This is why you never, ever apologize to goons.

Biggie Smalls Biggie Smalls Biggie Smalls

Kemix
Dec 1, 2013

Because change

Blind Sally posted:

This is why you never, ever apologize to anyone.

Fixed.

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!

Lunethex posted:

Biggie Smalls Biggie Smalls Biggie Smalls

Biggie Smalls = B.S.
Blind Sally = B.S.

Coincidence?

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Blind Sally posted:

Biggie Smalls = B.S.
Blind Sally = B.S.

Coincidence?

It's true. The real Blind Sally died in 1997.

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!
Blind Sally is one of my parachute accounts.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013
poo poo, I mean--Blind Sally is one of my parachute accounts

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

nine-gear crow posted:

poo poo, I mean--Blind Sally is one of my parachute accounts

Have you ever seen crow and Blind Sally together in the same room at the same time? Makes you think. :tinfoil:

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
For twelve years, you have been asking: Who is Blind Sally? This is Blind Sally speaking.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Its me LP!
It was me all along, LP!

You all bought it!
Even my immediate family bought it!

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

And then Blind Sally was an LPer.

Kinfolk910
Nov 5, 2010
I can't seem to remember. Did the star trek one get finished?

Rappaport
Oct 2, 2013

Mycroft Holmes posted:

I apologize for the poor quality of my audio.

The anguished, distorted wailing of the undead, cyclopean eldritch horrors emanating from what I must assume is your direct audio feed from the Hell in Event Horizon serve only to amplify and heighten the... Experience that are Bad Rats. Would frantically scramble for the mute key again!

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!
"We don't need ears where we're going."

Mycroft Holmes
Mar 26, 2010

by Azathoth
I don't understand it. I've used audacity before and I've never had this problem.

Mycroft Holmes
Mar 26, 2010

by Azathoth
Figured it out. Audacity was using my webcam instead of my headset.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Mycroft Holmes posted:

Figured it out. Audacity was using my webcam instead of my headset.

:psyduck: Audacity why

edit: Although, it does revert to using my line-in for microphone recording every time I start it for me, because I unplug my mic when I'm not using it. So maybe that's what happened.

GamesAreSupernice
Jan 3, 2014

Free of murdering rat or your money back

(No hard feelings it's a tough market)

Iron Chitlin
Sep 3, 2011

I need to use the bathroom!

#Sponsored #TacoBell (Part 8)

LogicalFallacy
Nov 16, 2015

In order to make up for the lack of murdering rat in GamesAreSuperNice's post above, I bring you another episode of Bad Rats Show.

Let's Play Bad Rats Show Episode 2: One Cool Cat

This would've been up before the weekend, but I'm a horrible procrastinator.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013
This game is godawful and repugnant and I hate everyone involved in it from the developers, to the voice actors, to the LP commentary team, even the person who requested it.

You're all awful people :colbert:

GamesAreSupernice
Jan 3, 2014

I admire the increase in production values

nutri_void
Apr 18, 2015

I shall devour your soul.
Grimey Drawer

nine-gear crow posted:

This game is godawful and repugnant and I hate everyone involved in it from the developers, to the voice actors, to the LP commentary team, even the person who requested it.

You're all awful people :colbert:

Said the guy discussing the game

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Alexeythegreat posted:

I thought it was implicit that I was included in that condemnation.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!

Alexeythegreat posted:

:thejoke: