Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

oddium posted:

firstname "The Joy" lastname

Lisa "The Joy" Armstrong

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NobleSixFour
Jul 12, 2016
So...does anybody want to have a Commiseration Multiplayer Jam Session on, say, CS:GO sometime soon?

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

boy: Bart
girl: Nicola

this one is a little more subtle

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY

Dr Cheeto posted:

Boy: Link
Girl: Link

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!

oddium posted:

I get the ref

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Mordja posted:

So is there a hard cutoff age for knowing or caring about Pokemon? It was my everything as a kid, but I'm listening to an animation episode of We Hate Movies where they're talking about an episode from the show and they barely even know that it was a game first, and only have the slightest inkling of what a Pokeman even is. The WHM guys are only about 5 years older than me, 32 or 33, but they're completely ignorant about something I'd always assumed had fully entered the collective unconsciousness.
I'm older than them and played Blue on a lovely mono Gameboy, so they had every opportunity to play a superior version as kids

oddium posted:

here's to you :ocelot:

Ostentatious
Sep 29, 2010

glam rock hamhock posted:

Please don't name your kid after something video game related tia

Im naming my nonexistent kid Soldier:76 and you can't tell me otherwise

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
I'm naming my child Kirby Super Star and you can't stop me!

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

oddium posted:

hello please give me names for my baby. i'm thinking Link Iwata Lastname for a boy or Samus Hyrule Lastname for a girl

Sephiroth

Ostentatious
Sep 29, 2010

This is my son Jonny Ken Griffey Jr. Baseball Jones

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

what about Sephiroth Sephiroth Lastname but you gotta say it like the song

Ostentatious
Sep 29, 2010

https://twitter.com/xdannyxbrownx/status/563141943157215232?s=09

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Dr Cheeto posted:

I played this game for the first time a few days ago and wow! What a game!

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I think I like Dream Course a little more at the moment although I haven't finished super star yet. Dream Course I keep coming back to to try and get all the 1st place medals, I even bought it on 3DS so I can play on the go

Ostentatious
Sep 29, 2010

I'm more into nightmare in dreamland but that might just b nostalgia

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
I just finished Triple Deluxe and I'm about to jump into Robobot. Kirby is good.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

this is insane and frankly criminal. naoto or even yukiko are way more cattish. chie would be a dog

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

The only Persona cat is Morgana who is the superior cat.

Chie can not turn into a bus and does not smoke a cigar, therefore inferior at a cat.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

congratulations on your birthdays everyone

I am excited for my Dishonored 2: Ultra Nerd Edition to arrive today. Looking forward to wearing a signet ring and also my gf inevitably putting a santa hat on the dumb mask setpiece

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox

MinibarMatchman posted:

congratulations on your birthdays everyone

I am excited for my Dishonored 2: Ultra Nerd Edition to arrive today. Looking forward to wearing a signet ring and also my gf inevitably putting a santa hat on the dumb mask setpiece

It's really good. Pc version leaves something to be desired but they weren't joking when they said "Dishonored, but better".

Levels are bigger and more intricate, the city actually feels like a city instead of just interconnected rooms, it's more brutal than ever, if that's what you're into (you monster).

Oh and the world building is SO GOOD. There's a ton of little ambient dialogue and documents and just paying close attention to the environments tells a story.

PantsBandit fucked around with this message at 17:02 on Nov 10, 2016

boy are my arms tired
May 10, 2012

Ham Wrangler
i picked up destiny and skyrim se

destiny is a fun shootmans game and skyrim se modded looks gorgeous and im forgetting why i dropped skyrim in the first place, i think i got maybe 5 hours in and said naw

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

PantsBandit posted:

It's really good. Pc version leaves something to be desired but they weren't joking when they said "Dishonored, but better".

Levels are bigger and more intricate, the city actually feels like a city instead of just interconnected rooms, it's more brutal than ever, if that's what you're into (you monster).

I'm hoping the PS4 version 30fps is stable. The ugly choppiness of Deus Ex earlier this year took a lot of the joy away from it (besides the game being cut relentlessly, of course) so I'm banking all my hopes on Arkane doing better.

Good to hear it's more of the same quality writing and design. Harvey Smith is a very underrated game designer and his team crafted a great experience last time around.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

PantsBandit posted:

Uh oh, how so?

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!

Mordja posted:

Uh oh, how so?

Framerate problems it sounds like.

Ostentatious
Sep 29, 2010

making pc ports is hard i guess

smuh
Feb 21, 2011

I'm glad Rise of the Tomb Raider endurance mode has taught me that Lara literally needs to eat an entire bear every five minutes to survive. Girl burns through that fat real quick!

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

Mordja posted:

Uh oh, how so?

I have a gtx 1060 and get around 45 fps on average. It seems to have some weird hardware optimization issues. Still it's been out for less than a day and people are already coming up with temp fixes. Give it a week or two and I bet the kinks are ironed out.

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!

PantsBandit posted:

I have a gtx 1060 and get around 45 fps on average. It seems to have some weird hardware optimization issues. Still it's been out for less than a day and people are already coming up with temp fixes. Give it a week or two and I bet the kinks are ironed out.

I'm curious and can't check myself till tonight, is the day 1 patch out already? Or is that not till tomorrow (actual day 1)

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

MMF Freeway posted:

I'm curious and can't check myself till tonight, is the day 1 patch out already? Or is that not till tomorrow (actual day 1)

Not sure. But I wasn't really paying much attention either. I got a pop-up from steam at like 1am that dishonored was ready to play so I just jumped in.

On a related note, I am so goddamn tired right now.

chibi luda
Apr 17, 2013

Morning Games thread, hope everyone is doing well.

Target has Battlefield 1 on sale for 35 bucks today, and I don't think anyone could be blamed for partaking in a little retail therapy this week. If I'm absolutely in love with Titanfall 2 already is this worth a shot? Is it different enough that I wouldn't get shooter fatigue?

Thanks and best wishes.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

smuh posted:

I'm glad Rise of the Tomb Raider endurance mode has taught me that Lara literally needs to eat an entire bear every five minutes to survive. Girl burns through that fat real quick!

Her mutant healing factor needs those calories to function.

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

Earth Table posted:

Morning Games thread, hope everyone is doing well.

Target has Battlefield 1 on sale for 35 bucks today, and I don't think anyone could be blamed for partaking in a little retail therapy this week. If I'm absolutely in love with Titanfall 2 already is this worth a shot? Is it different enough that I wouldn't get shooter fatigue?

Thanks and best wishes.

Have you played a bf game before? They're pretty drat different from your typical arena shooter in that they're trying to replicate an actual war zone. Huge maps, lots of bullets flying everywhere, big emphasis on vehicles. I personally love those games and find them pretty unique in the genre.

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Dr Cheeto posted:

At least Kirby is a name people have

If you're gonna give a kid a dumb name at least give them some plausible deniability

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Cloud and Squall can be either a hippie name or a video game name, best of both worlds

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Fry old buddy, it's me, Bender!
Oven Wrangler
Name you're kid Player One.

chibi luda
Apr 17, 2013

PantsBandit posted:

Have you played a bf game before? They're pretty drat different from your typical arena shooter in that they're trying to replicate an actual war zone. Huge maps, lots of bullets flying everywhere, big emphasis on vehicles. I personally love those games and find them pretty unique in the genre.

Only for a few hours or so. So basically what you're saying is that it's worlds different from the arcade-y insanity of TF2.

Hell, why not. Sounds fun.

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

I myself will carry you to the Gates of Valhalla...
You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer

ONE YEAR LATER posted:

Name you're kid Player One.

This is great because then if you have a second kid, you can name them Player Two.

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
Name your kid Ernest Cline

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

i will not name my baby player one

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

I'm the quick and the deadly
What do you name the fifth kid then?

That reminds me, I seen a kid the other who was named Mario. Wtf is wrong with parents these days. Might as well have named him pikachu

• Locked thread