Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.

IcePhoenix posted:

37 points and 7 threes last night for Zach :allears:

drat he was 7/9 from downtown last night that's crazy.

I remember people talking about how if he ever developed an outside game he would be superstar tier good. Is that finally here?

Pretty exciting stat line.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Lockback posted:

If Rubio comes back they might, Dunn/Tyus makes no sense but Rubio/Tyus would or Rubio/Dunn sort of does if you want to try death by cutters with Wiggins and Shabazz. Brandon Rush has been total trash so Thibs might start getting creative.

He could also start activating Lucas to do a two PG lineup since he's more of a scoring PG anyways.

Libertine posted:

drat he was 7/9 from downtown last night that's crazy.

I remember people talking about how if he ever developed an outside game he would be superstar tier good. Is that finally here?

Pretty exciting stat line.

It was here last year but nobody noticed because DUNKZ

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.

IcePhoenix posted:

He could also start activating Lucas to do a two PG lineup since he's more of a scoring PG anyways.

It was here last year but nobody noticed because DUNKZ

That's fair. I also only noticed DUNKZ so I'm partially guilty.

Hand Knit
Oct 24, 2005

Beer Loses more than a game Sunday ...
We lost our Captain, our Teammate, our Friend Kelly Calabro...
Rest in Peace my friend you will be greatly missed..

Thank you based Demar for bringing just the slightest bit of sunshine to these past couple of days.

Please Eat A Vegetable
Jun 26, 2002
Lord of Primate Booty

R.D. Mangles posted:

hoiberg looks exactly like the first sheriff's deputy to get eaten by the monster

Gar Foreman looks like the gov't official that denies the existence of any "monster" and also touts that the sheriff's department is now younger and more athletic.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

Niwrad posted:

McDermott's had one 3-pointer in his last 5 games. The guy can't defend at all. So how about running a play that gets him an open look? Hoiberg is just so clueless. Still can't figure out offensive/defensive subs late, still doesn't understand the NBA timeout rules, still doesn't understand anything about his personnel.

Maybe McDermott is actually bad and shouldn't be playing?

Maybe the bulls should stop drafting 4 year college players.

I guess at least 2 out of 3 Alphas are fun to watch.

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

Just looking at Doug McDermott you would assume he would be a lights out open look shooter. That said, he's probably coasting on that fact at this point and not delivering poo poo.

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

After all, I was nice in ball,
Came to practice weed scented
Report card like the speed limit

:homebrew::homebrew::homebrew:

Week 3 Power Rankings a couple days late.

1. LA Clippers Their margin of victory (16.88) is nearly twice the next closest team. Dominant blowouts of Spurs, Trailblazers, and Pistons in past week make a loud case.

2. Atlanta Hawks When you take down the champ, you become the champ (at least in the Eastern conference). This team is extremely solid and can get a winning contribution from any of their starters (except maybe Bazemore) on a given night.

3. Cleveland Cavaliers Squeaker to Philly and loss to Atlanta at home takes them down a peg. Struggle against big teams.

4. Golden State Warriors Have only played four legitimate teams and split the games. If they didn’t have the easiest schedule in the NBA (Pels 2x, Suns), we’d have learned a lot more. Defense and rebounding are massive issues.

5. Charlotte Hornets Playing fantastic team basketball right now. I think this is their ceiling based on talent, but they should be rewarded with a berth in the top-five.

6. Toronto Raptors Demar DeRozan might lead the NBA in scoring.

7. San Antonio Spurs It took the Spurs eight games to lose more games at home this season than they did last. One was an absolute blowout. The defense is not the same.

8. Chicago Bulls There’s going to be a lot of shooting-based variance with this team, but they have the nous and scoring ability to squeak out games against mediocre teams.

9. Houston Rockets Rough start to the season, but James Harden continues to be the best living offensive basketball player. Will shoot themselves into or out of every game this season.

10. OKC Thunder This team cannot score the ball, but their defense and Russell Westbrook will brute force them into games.

11. Utah Jazz Only one good win and a couple of bad losses against good teams. With Hayward back, they should be a tougher out.

12. Detroit Pistons Hard for me to overlook their absolute destruction at the hands of the Clippers. Jon Leuer is their sixth man.

13. Portland Trailblazers Their defense is loving awful. Played a tough schedule.

14. Los Angeles Lakers This team is young…and fun. Gets out and runs a lot, great in transition. Bad defense.

15. Memphis Grizzlies Chandler Parsons is back, but will Marc Gasol be good enough to push them into the playoffs?

16. Boston Celtics This team is better than it has showed, and the injuries haven’t helped, but not a promising start.

17. Indiana Pacers I have no idea what to think about this team.

18. Milwaukee Bucks They’re ok. Defense is solid, but scoring points will be a struggle all season long.

19. Dallas Mavericks Terrible start with poor health, but Harrison Barnes is playing like an all-star right now. With Dirk and Deron Williams back in the mix they should be O K.

20. Denver Nuggets I still like this team. Gary Harris will help.

21. Sacramento Kings Early favorite for the coveted 10th seed in the West.

22. Miami Heat They’ve only played 6 games, and they’ve not been good. But I still think Goran Dragic, Hassan Whiteside, Tyler Johnson, and Justise Winslow is a solid core. SRS says they’re better than their record.

23. Minnesota Timberwolves Every sports writer’s cinderella team is still not good. Despite good individual performances from Towns, Lavine, and Wiggins, they have yet to put it all together with team basketball. Work in progress.

24. New York Knicks Talented, but a loving mess.

25. Brooklyn Nets Not talented, but they play hard.

26. Orlando Magic Won some games and have the back bone of a decent team, but you can’t look pass the worst SRS in the league. Maybe a sneaky lose by twelve for Markelle contender.

27. Washington Wizards This team should be better, but they’re not. John Wall is not getting any better. Full rebuild may be incoming.

28. Phoenix Suns Young, dumb, and their defense makes me numb. So many mistakes.

29. New Orleans Pelicans Anthony Davis is playing out of his mind, but the rest of their team (barring Moore and Hill, I guess) is a phone call away from the D-League. Evans and Holiday cannot return soon enough.

30. Philadelphia 76ers Another year, another 0-for-a lot start. Playing a bit better, but consistently do the little things to snatch victory from the hands of defeat. Will be at least two years until they are above .500.

31. America

straight up brolic fucked around with this message at 17:18 on Nov 10, 2016

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

newyorkbasketball.mp4
https://streamable.com/u9m6

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

straight up brolic posted:

5. Charlotte Hornets but they should be rewarded with a berth in the top-five.

thank you, kind sir, bless you

also america should be way fuckin lower, we are sub D league right now

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy
Hey now, Brolic, Frazier is also doing (kinda) well! Asik is doing no worse than Hill, too.

Everyone else, though? :negative:

Relatedly:

The team as a whole is shooting 28% on 3s with over 24 attempts a game. :(

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.
^^ Dante's stroke extending past the 3pt line is awesome. I really liked him when he was on the Wolves.

You should do a thread and have people post theirs (I don't mind them here and even you copying yours would be cool). I tried one a couple years ago but no one posted.

Libertine posted:

That's fair. I also only noticed DUNKZ so I'm partially guilty.

His outside game was there last year, but he was still sloppy at ball handling and made bad decisions. Both of those look better this year. He's not going into "I'm a PG Damnit!" mode anymore and he is starting to know when to drive vs when to spot up.

His Defense is still pretty bad (even for a SG) but it's being covered better now. I'm really curious when the RPM stuff starts coming out where he lands.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
If the Pelicans ever unfuck their injury curse, their PG rotation looks really good. Frazier for 2 years/4 million is a bargain right now.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

10. OKC Thunder This team cannot score the ball, but their defense and Russell Westbrook will brute force them into games.

Grit and grind baby

Jack's Flow
Jun 6, 2003

Life, friends, is boring

Kibner posted:

Hey now, Brolic, Frazier is also doing (kinda) well! Asik is doing no worse than Hill, too.

Everyone else, though? :negative:

Relatedly:

The team as a whole is shooting 28% on 3s with over 24 attempts a game. :(

I like Frazier a lot. 12 & 8 on good shooting numbers feels about right. He's a good one. Disclaimer: I massively overrated the Pelicans in Zogo's questionnaire, so I'm glad at least one guy other than Davis is looking solid.

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

This is art.

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy

Jack's Flow posted:

I like Frazier a lot. 12 & 8 on good shooting numbers feels about right. He's a good one. Disclaimer: I massively overrated the Pelicans in Zogo's questionnaire, so I'm glad at least one guy other than Davis is looking solid.

He is so drat bad at defense, though. :( It's to the point to where it ruins what the rest of the team is doing. It would be fine if he was the third-string PG as planned, yet...

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

Yeah no one on the team other than Davis is looking like a solid NBA player. Moore and Hill look okay.

They are 0-7 with a legitimate MVP candidate for a reason.

E: 0-8

straight up brolic fucked around with this message at 17:52 on Nov 10, 2016

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

Yeah no one on the team other than Davis is looking like a solid NBA player. Moore and Hill look okay.

They are 0-7 with a legitimate MVP candidate for a reason.

I would argue that Frazier has been a serviceable NBA player. WS/48 seems to agree with me on this.

Their big problem is that an average at best NBA player has a 20% usage rate, and four bad ones are at or near 20% too.

1. LA Clippers Their margin of victory (16.88) is nearly twice the next closest team. Dominant blowouts of Spurs, Trailblazers, and Pistons in past week make a loud case.

This is really the story of the year for me. Chris Paul is playing insanely good. Blake Griffin is back to being Blake Griffin. Speights has been extremely effective off the bench. Even Austin Rivers is approaching what may be a serviceable NBA player.

Big question for me is if they can do literally anything to help their SF situation.

Paul Zuvella fucked around with this message at 17:46 on Nov 10, 2016

Jota
May 6, 2003

uga-booga uga-booga

Paul Zuvella posted:

Big question for me is if they can do literally anything to help their SF situation.

Paul Pierce is just saving himself for the playoff run. He's gonna deliver the dagger in the Warriors series

Jota fucked around with this message at 18:40 on Nov 10, 2016

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

Jota posted:

Paul Pierce is just saving himself for the playoff run. He's gonna deliver the dagger in the Warriors series

But he sucks now.

EvanTH
Apr 24, 2004

i like to express my inner pain by being really boring on the phone
or just when i'm kickin it
that's me though
i'm kind of oddddddd
Now that the Knicks season is over I've made a draft thread so people can tell me who we'll get it.

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy
https://twitter.com/christrew/status/796753736286740480

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

please don't steal our accomplishments

Bashez
Jul 19, 2004

:10bux:

7. San Antonio Spurs It took the Spurs eight games to lose more games at home this season than they did last. One was an absolute blowout. The defense is not the same.

31. America

I think the Spurs' defense has a lot of room to grow. They just got Green back and he had 4 steals his first game. They're going to be ball hawks with Green, Anderson, and Kawhi out on the perimeter. I still think the interior defense is going to improve a lot as they improve their communication. They lost their captain and there's going to be rough patches as guys try to figure out where they need to be. They're always going to have a soft inside but they should have a nice crunchy flaky exterior mmmmmmmmmmmmm

The Clippers look like the absolute best team in the league. I would have considered last year the first year of the trio being in their prime. People don't seem to realize that you'd prefer one guy too old and the other two just right rather than one guy just right and the other two too young. I'm glad they didn't blow it up because last year they didn't get to show who they were. They're there now and I think they can make some noise. I think CP is the best PG ever and this may be the year he can get that ring to get ring groupies to pay attention to how good he actually is.

Hashtag Banterzone
Dec 8, 2005

Lifetime Winner of the willkill4food Honorary Bad Posting Award in PWM

Lockback posted:

^^ Dante's stroke extending past the 3pt line is awesome. I really liked him when he was on the Wolves.

I hope he keeps it up. It's surprising it took him so long though. He shot ~46% from 16ft to the 3pt line for Portland and Charlotte in his first 2 years in the league. But he shot 10% from 3 up until last season.

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005
We did it guys, we found the least shook Warriors fan:

https://twitter.com/BleacherReport/status/796572191466786818

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy
Very nice.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

https://twitter.com/SBNation/status/796805698558590976

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Papercut posted:

Let's hear it for legal weed!

edit: also that chick fucks

kiimo fucked around with this message at 21:37 on Nov 10, 2016

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy

MourningView posted:

please don't steal our accomplishments

:h:

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

Papercut posted:

This gave me my biggest smile of the week, thank you. Everyone should watch this.

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost

If the Raptors won would they get to meet the President? That could get awkward.

Props Department
Jul 10, 2007

creamed corn & confucius
Any team getting to meet the president next year will be awkward.

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

Papercut posted:

This lady's coke hookup is insane and I bet she fucks like she means it

Edit cheers Kiimo, same

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

Props Department posted:

Meh. Hockey or Baseball teams will likely be right at home.

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

Dexo posted:

They will. Does the NASCAR champion get to meet the president?

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Props Department posted:

Especially if this kind of thing continues....

https://mobile.twitter.com/i/moments/796417517157830656?m=1

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Dexo posted:

I don't think the Latin American nationals that make up huge chunks of baseball rosters would be particularly enamored.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

Props Department posted:

FWIW, Richard Jefferson already said he thinks they will be the last NBA team to visit the White House.

• Locked thread