Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Emalde
May 3, 2007

Just a cage of bones, there's nothing inside.
Meanwhile, the Trick Room buff is going to properly throw VGC back into the days of gen3-4 era anti-room counters, looking forward to hard biases towards bulky psychics/ghosts.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

DU WIRST NIEMALS ALLEINE MARSCHIEREN

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

Goon baby complaining about Smogon doesn't know anything about smogon or their bans. Big shocker, imo.

i have noticed that a lot of people whom have vociferous complaints, are actually often factually way off on what is real

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

So no good hair colors but what about boy hair styles?

Can I get a big dumb mohawk for my Alola boy?

Emalde
May 3, 2007

El Burbo posted:

Don't know about clothing but here's the hairs

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

This upsets me.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Golden Goat posted:

So no good hair colors but what about boy hair styles?

Can I get a big dumb mohawk for my Alola boy?

I think it was the same in X+Y, I forget, but the pigtails option isn't available immediately or at least in the first hairdresser. I've seen hair colours I can't choose in the Festival Plaza too, so there are probably a couple of unlockable hair colours. (The one I've seen is a currant like purple)

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010
For anyone playing the game, does the comparatively smaller pokedex mean the kalos problem of half its Pokémon not appearing in their unevolved or evolved forms is solved?

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

Emalde posted:

Meanwhile, the Trick Room buff is going to properly throw VGC back into the days of gen3-4 era anti-room counters, looking forward to hard biases towards bulky psychics/ghosts.

what was the buff?

also, are there any new items of note like gen 6's Assault Vest? i remember hearing osmeone found one that increased your Speed when you're intimidated but that seems pretty freakin niche, even if it does make for funny anti-lead-lando tech

e: probably significantly better in the 2v2 meta

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

the buff is there's an item that increases trick room length and also every new monster has 60 speed

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

oddium posted:

the buff is there's an item that increases trick room length

those fools. those maniacs

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

the dimensions became twisted, and also the dev's minds

Emalde
May 3, 2007

Also I said "gen3-4" but I just remembered trick room didn't even exist until gen 4. I'm just so used to Gardevoir, Dusclops, and Jirachi packing it that I associate it with gen3. Holy poo poo I'm getting old, way too old for pokemon :negative:

Obligatum VII
May 5, 2014

Haunting you until no 8 arrives.
Is Electrode still worthless? Still upset that the geodude/golem line stole its gimmick and niche completely. That's cruel, how can a pokemon who clearly loves life and what it does so much be so unfortunate?

Deified Data
Nov 3, 2015

Fun Shoe
Sad to see Gamefreak still discriminates against balds.

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

Obligatum VII posted:

Is Electrode still worthless? Still upset that the geodude/golem line stole its gimmick and niche completely. That's cruel, how can a pokemon who clearly loves life and what it does so much be so unfortunate?

It's got a million dollar smile but if it loves life so much why does it keep blowing itself up? :v:

Obligatum VII
May 5, 2014

Haunting you until no 8 arrives.

Mierenneuker posted:

It's got a million dollar smile but if it loves life so much why does it keep blowing itself up? :v:

Exploding is its thing, ok? It gets better anyways.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
Electrode smiles to hide the pain inside

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

golem has always been able to explode and given how it's a dinosaur and electrode is a pokeball i think it's safe to say electrode stole golem's gimmick

Captain Fargle
Feb 16, 2011

There are new consumables that boost a stat one stage when a particular terrian is up.

The Tapus are absolutely going to be metagame defining this gen, particularly Koko and Lele.

Koko has a less than ideal stat spread but it's still powerful and it synergises perfectly with a very wide range of things.

Lele's Psychic Terrain has a lot less synergy but it's a faster, bulkier Gardevoir with double STAB on Psychic and Psyshock thanks to terrain effects. Expect this thing to be all over Ubers and VGC due to it's ability to shield Deoxys, Pheromosa and Kartana from priority moves.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

If you want an Eevee, be prepared to see so many Lillipup and Mudbray that you despise them for the rest of your life.

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl
So one thing I don't really understand.

Are the Tapu's legendaries?

Xander B Coolridge
Sep 2, 2011
I checked out of this thread during the election fallout.

How are so many people playing the games early?

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

RIP Lutri: 5/19/20-4/2/20
:blizz::gamefreak:
Have they revealed how you get hat-pikachu yet?

Funkmaster General
Sep 13, 2008

Hey, man, I distinctly remember this being an episode of Spongebob. :colbert:

Supremezero posted:

They're the legendary trio.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

Supremezero posted:

Yes but they have really low stat totals. Like lower than the pseudo-Legendaries.

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
When the Ultra Beasts come up, you don't have to use the special Pokeballs to catch them. I just used an Ultra Ball

Emalde
May 3, 2007

Supremezero posted:

They're technically legendaries, but they're like smaller, less-powerful legendaries (because the big ubermensch are more what the UBs are for) to allow them to be viable in all "competitive" content (tournaments, battle frontier, etc) without special conditions.

Xander B Coolridge posted:

I checked out of this thread during the election fallout.

How are so many people playing the games early?

Broken street date -> cartridge dump -> warez

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Sylveon's evo methods are the exact same as before, just that Amié is called something else and is more fully featured.

(Fairy move, Eevee is caught with one and 2 hearts)

Funkmaster General
Sep 13, 2008

Hey, man, I distinctly remember this being an episode of Spongebob. :colbert:

This hiker just asked me what I think of "the largeness of his area," fought me with a mudbray, and then said "In my case, my volume is large in addition to my area!"

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
It looks like the game gives multiples of the version exclusive Ultra Beasts.

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

oddium posted:

golem has always been able to explode and given how it's a dinosaur and electrode is a pokeball i think it's safe to say electrode stole golem's gimmick

Alola Golem's Explosion is better than Electrode's because it is like Mega Glalie's, in that it gets a 30% power boost and is of an elemental type. Ghost-types are immune to Electrode's Explosion and Ground-types are immune to Alola Golem's, so that evens out.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Dehry posted:

When the Ultra Beasts come up, you don't have to use the special Pokeballs to catch them. I just used an Ultra Ball

Do the Beast Balls do anything then? Is it just higher catch rate against UBs?

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.

less laughter posted:

Alola Golem's Explosion is better than Electrode's because it is like Mega Glalie's, in that it gets a 30% power boost and is of an elemental type. Ghost-types are immune to Electrode's Explosion and Ground-types are immune to Alola Golem's, so that evens out.

Alolan Golem's Explosion has the potential to be even more powerful than Mega Glalie's version. Despite the fact that both of them have the same base attack stat, Alolan Golem can actually hold an item. So Alolan Golem can come out on top in the end.

Araxxor fucked around with this message at 17:08 on Nov 10, 2016

boy are my arms tired
May 10, 2012

Ham Wrangler
i was joking before but maybe we will see damp get some play again

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

Obligatum VII posted:

They gave Electrode a buff: +10 Speed BST

Jade Mage
Jan 4, 2013

This is Canada. It snows nine months of the year, and hails the other three.

Is anyone able to answer which game my boy alolan marowak is in?

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Burn is nerfed. Only does 1/16th per turn instead of 1/8th. Still lowers attack.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

mabels big day posted:

Burn is nerfed. Only does 1/16th per turn instead of 1/8th. Still lowers attack.

Good.

This also helps Guts sweepers a fuckton since Burn Orb is now actually really good.

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.

mabels big day posted:

That's a pretty massive buff for Guts users though. Now there's no reason to ever run a Toxic Orb on them. Unless they're that scared of Primarina's Sparkling Aria.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

Unite: MASH!!
~They've got the bad guys on the run!~

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

They gave Electrode a buff: +10 Speed BST

Wooo. The ball sucks for the exact same reasons as ever. Yay.

Is there a list on the buffs to older mons or the Alola forms yet?